University of Arkansas Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Director of Physical Plant (Current Employee) –  Hope, ARAugust 16, 2017
A wonderful work environment. Everyone you meet and talk to is friendly and willing to help in any way possible. Highly dependable staff and faculty members.
Educational Experience
Business Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 15, 2017
I worked with co-workers to be able to improve the learning environment for students. I prepared information to teach classes and worked on better ways to deliver the information to students.
Nice work environment and advanced experiment instruments
Data entry (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 7, 2017
The work invironment here is very amenable. This is a special human performance lab, where heat champer is always used to test the performance of professional athletes
Professional but cuttroat
Administrative Specialist/Track and Field Coach (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARAugust 6, 2017
This job was great until stragglers starting hanging around the Athletics program and down playing a lot of the coaches, unfortunately, some of the new administration were more into nepotism so there was a lot of avoiding the elephant in the room.
Pros
Great group of athletes
Cons
Alumni too vocal and less contributors positively
AGRICULTURAL EXPERIMENT STATION GIS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 31, 2017
I liked working here in my undergraduate career and had a great time working at the farm. I liked everyone and it was a really goood place to get experience.
Calm Enviornment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJuly 26, 2017
This organization is not a bad place at all. Flexible and reasonable people. University in the South, so definitely hospitable. I wouldn't discourage anyone from working here.
The University is the PERFECT place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 3, 2017
The atmosphere working at the University of Arkansas is like none other, I thoroughly enjoyed coming to work on campus each and every day. The people you work with are good, quality employees and you get to interact with a variety of people each day. HIGHLY recommend.
Great University
Sr. Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 2, 2017
Great place to work! You receive the training, attention, and support need in order for you to excel in your role as a scholar and/or a young professional in a number of fields!
Fun place to work. Performed various occupations
Intramurals (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 15, 2017
Enjoyed working here while attending school. Officiated various sports and maintained field maintenance for six football fields and two softball fields.
Amazing Place To Work For
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 5, 2017
The benefit and culture are amazing, as are the people working there. It is a very open and accepting work environment and allows for a nice balance between work and every day life. The only downside is the pay, which cannot be negotiated.
Pros
Culture, people, events, benefit
Cons
Pay
Very Flexible Schedule
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 5, 2017
I worked Part-Time for the U of A for 3 summers as a Graduate student. They take care of their students and their employees very well. The scheduling was very flexible and allowed me to make my own schedule. Made having two jobs easier to manage.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Fun place and nice workers
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 31, 2017
Ability to move up within departments. Great coworkers. Very understanding of work/life/school demands. Typical work days are long during planting and harvest time.
Student Review
Student (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 30, 2017
Great Instructors and teaching techniques. Was truly blessed in becoming a U of A Graduate. Instructors were very helpful and dedicated to each student.
Workplace culture
Logistics Manager/Safe Ride Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 28, 2017
The work is not hard but management is not progressive. Maintaining and controlling a decadent workplace with keeping the "good ole boy network" in place appears to be more important than developing a first class operation worthy of emulation. Upward mobility and pay raises are out of the equation period.
Cons
no pay raises and very limited opportunity for promotion.
Learned a lot of skills such as communication and leadership. Very social and very fun
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 23, 2017
My internship was through the University of Arkansas. I had an exceptional experience working with 4 different clients every week. My job was to make them workout plans that fit their lifestyle, work schedule, individual goals and body type. I learned how to work with multiple schedules to come to an overall compromise to fit everyone into a workout regimen.
Pros
Very social, got to be in a gym all day
Cons
No pay.
Good benefits
Fiscal Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, AR 72701May 22, 2017
The benefits are good. Depending on department, they are really family orientated. Built in holidays are nice, especially at Christmas. Overall, it's a good place to work.
Great place for a summer internship.
Undergraduate Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 16, 2017
I learned a lot during my summer internship at the University of Arkansas. I was able to perform polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE) as part of my research during the summer. I was able to meet some great people as well.
great
Class Checker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 15, 2017
they were awesome, it was a very easy going, laid back job and you picked your own hours which was very nice for a college student, i would and probably will work for them again next school year
I learned a lot here.
PhD Candidate (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 12, 2017
That 'students-first' philosophy is a big reason why the U of A is consistently ranked among the nation's top public research universities and best values. We work hard to ensure a low student-to-faculty ratio that promotes plenty of personal attention and mentoring opportunities. The Carnegie Foundation classifies the university as having "the highest possible level of research," placing us among the top 2 percent of colleges and universities nationwide.
Ualr
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARMay 9, 2017
Working here was good for a part time job. Very laid back and simple usually. No benefits if you are a part time employee. Learned simple office tasks to add to resume.