University of Arkansas

University of Arkansas Employer Reviews

Work environment
Researcher (Current Employee), Fayetteville, AROctober 15, 2014
Good place to study and work.
Everybody always smiles.
Team work is required.
Love cook out party
The employees here are friendly and helpful.
Internship Student (Current Employee), Fort Smith, AROctober 14, 2014
On a typical day I check financial amounts, file, make copies, scan documents and verify checks.
Friendly staff
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Monticello, AROctober 7, 2014
I appreciated the staff and there willingness to help others.
Regional University with great benefits and great people
Admissions Recruiter/Officer (Current Employee), Fort Smith, AROctober 6, 2014
I enjoy working for UAFS. My colleagues make my work week enjoyable. The upper management has gone through some changes over the past year with different ideologies of how the institution should be run with the future of the community. We don't always see eye-to-eye, but always open to interpretation and communication.
Job has possitve qualities
Program Assistant/Nutrition Educator (Current Employee), Marion, ARSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: participants
Cons: low salaries, travel, recruiting
My job requires recruiting participants for my program area, along with conducting nutrition classes, and submitting required reports.
This job has allowed me to sharpen my communication and presentation skills. Management has been a great help in directing and advising with difficult program situations.
The most difficult part of the job is recruiting – more... willing participants for the program as many are not willing to change their nutritional habits. Also traveling over the entire county in order to reach participants.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and interacting with participants. I have found new friends within these groups. I enjoy bringing the information to these willing participants. – less
Great workplace
Senior Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), fayettevilleSeptember 28, 2014
Have learned many things especially multi-tasking and time management skills.
University Research Quality
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: high life quality
Very active environment and reputable faculty.
Good funding available.
Growing research environment.
Learned about membranes
High quality membrane center at chemical engineering
Student
College Ministry Intern (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARSeptember 10, 2014
Really enjoyed my time here. It is a great place to earn a degree. I feel well prepared to enter the work force.
I enjoyed working for UALR.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARSeptember 10, 2014
I enjoyed working for UALR Transfer Student Services. I enjoyed working with my co-workers & getting the Job done.
Friendly and supportive place
Research mentor (Current Employee), Fayetteville , ARSeptember 9, 2014
Friendly and supportive places.
Pretty good balance between work and life
Terrible
Institutional Services Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: tuition discount
Cons: terrible all around
I had high hopes to move up with the U of A. It's been 14 months working custodial work, and not a single opportunity has come up. I get a clean rating between 1.3-1.7 when a 2.0 is what we are supposed to try to maintain. No raise. The management is terrible. They are never sure what to do and send us on assignments that are already done, or nearly – more... done. That's 20 minutes of wasted time walking across campus. That's just one example. The students here have no responsibility to clean up after themselves, so imagine a trashed hotel room, only it includes the hallways, trash chutes, and restrooms. All trashed daily. I had to wash down vomit from the trash chute. Then I find out I'm in trouble for not knowing that a shower has only hot water...I don't take showers here, and don't use the showerhead for water! It's terrible here even if you have a degree. Idiots are in charge all over campus, and even a bachelor's in computer science with 2 years experience you'll only make $31k a year. I make $17.7 a year and have to put up with this bs daily. – less
Very well professional and fun work place
Endoscopy tech (Former Employee), Little Rock ArkansasSeptember 2, 2014
The day would start off with prayer every morning in the stand up meetings ,then we would look at the patient charts and prepare the rooms with what we need for that kind of sergry
great place
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARAugust 29, 2014
Great to work here in the nanotechnology field, even with the limited resources you can achieve many great things, and excel in your career.
This Organization was very productive; atleast 80% of women refered to this Organization for recovery recieved maximum help.
Graduate Student (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARAugust 20, 2014
This Organization were based on changing lives of women with alcohol and other drugs addictions, and/or dual diagnosed problems.

I assisted clients to meet their defined objectives, Supported clients to identify and practice coping skills; I facilitated groups, provided individual counseling and educated clients in areas such as the importance of self-esteem – more... and money management.

I liked and enjoyed working in this organization because it was a setting for hands-on experience; an excellent organization for clinical work. – less
Engaging and changing work environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ArkansasAugust 20, 2014
Touring a variety of manufacturing companies provides many opportunities to learn about different energy and cost saving projects that can be implemented in a variety of applications. Helpful adviser and staff to guide.
Over-all a very nice organization and has great people to work with.
Tax Compliance Officer (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARAugust 7, 2014
Has a pool of dedicated, talented and professional staff/management.
Productive and a good experience
Secretary (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARAugust 4, 2014
I enjoyed working there and learned new things. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Nice place family style work place...
o Student Worker - APRO Department (Current Employee), Fort Smith, ARAugust 4, 2014
Pros: this a student worker job, don't pay much but you get some good experience
Cons: this not a full time job and but its a great part time job.
my day usual about here hours and starts with water the plants and then I finish what ever homework and learn some office producers. the management is awesome. I don't have nay co worker since I the only student worker in that office. There wis not hard part to his job. Its fun and not a lot of pressure.
As a student
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJuly 25, 2014
I am a student there. And I worked as a graduate assistant there for one semester. I graded assignments for over 100 students and proctor in the math lab center.
Great travel opportunities and $$savings
Project Manager (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARJune 26, 2014
Non stressful job, allows to travel around the US on company's $$, allows for personal savings.

1 2 3 4 5