University of Arkansas

University of Arkansas United States Employee Reviews

Good tutoring job.
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARApril 14, 2015
Had a lot of no shows, which is okay because you still get paid either way, just make sure you bring a book or you'll get really bored.
Overall a great job to have while in school.
HR/Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARApril 6, 2015
Working with amazing people and wonderful job opportunities. However, hard to accomplish advancement unless you know someone.
Gained broiler knowledge
Graduate Research Scientist (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: low pay
Helped conduct nutrition and water quality experiments with chickens and poults. Responsible for daily care, management of research flocks, provided treatments, assisted with data collection and, processing for yield information. Conducted flux readings for the ammonia levels of the litter. Managed drinker water flow rate tests, adjusted regulator pressure, and drinker heights to compensate for bird growth.
Work-study job
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Monticello, ARMarch 18, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, friendly staff
Cons: short lunch hours, limited weekly hours
My job at the University of Arkansas at Monticello allowed me to work in an environment where I interacted with other students and enhance my organizational and communication skills. This job was flexible with my schools hours and was a pleasant, quiet environment to work in. The staff was friendly and eager to help you whenever you needed assistance.
Organized
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARMarch 15, 2015
Organized leadership, decent pay, great hours. Would recommend anyone to apply here. The management is great and so are the coworkers.
Work Study
Periodicals Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ArkansasMarch 11, 2015
Pros: school schedule so vacations were easy to plan
I was a work study student. It worked out well for me, but I wasn't a salary employee so that could be very different. I worked library hours as well as extended hours during finals
Energetic educational environment
TA Spanish (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARFebruary 27, 2015
teaching goes smoothly among the undergrads there is a culture of studying present here. The students are commited and there is a space for acommplishing one's goals when it comes to make them excell.
Great environment all around.
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Smith, ARFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day at the University includes making copies for professors, creating spreadsheets of information for easy access to the department, creating flyers, and building great relationships with my professors and coworkers.

I've learned how a university works together. As a student, I never thought of all of the behind the scenes work that goes into each class.

My superiors are fantastic and I've never worked with a group of higher ups that I've enjoyed more. I enjoy working with my coworkers just as much. I have yet to experience a work day with less than the best attitudes.

I would say the most difficult part of my job is misunderstandings. A few professors have difficulty explaining exactly what it is they are wanting when they ask something of me so it's hard to walk them through it sometimes.

The most enjoyable part of my job is making work connections. I've met professors through my job and later had them as a professor for a course so it makes the entire experience so much better.
Good retirement job or for students
AR/ Personnel Assistant II (Former Employee), ARFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: family oriented
Cons: is a state agency and pays little
The organization is very good and they pay very little unless, you are in academics. The benefits are very good and you get 90% tuition, which makes for the poor compensation. It is a good job to retire but not a good job for carrier advancement. Once in the position you will have a hard time being promoted, but if you want to retire in the job you can count on being there forever.
University of Arkansas
Facility Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARFebruary 19, 2015
The University of Arkansas is a good place to gain an education. Would not have change a thing. People here are nice and friendly and truly love their sports teams.
Fantastic Learning Experience
Computer Lab Technician II (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: working with students to further their academic aspirations.
Cons: occassional neccesity to enforce the rules.
Daily assistance of students and staff with technical needs and questions. Maintaining of lab environs, supplies and health of the PC and Macintosh computers.

Access to on the job training modules online. Furthering my understanding of available software for more in depth answers to questions from our customers.

Management was very supportive and quick to resolve issues both personal and for the daily operations of the labs. Yearly reviews were fair and accurate.

Being on the graveyard shift, my contact with co-workers was limited, but always productive, professional and personable. Shift change was always accompanied by information exchange that included thoughts and facts about the shift and any recommendations or requests for procedural changes or supplies.
A great place to start your career, great colleagues
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 4, 2015
This is probably the only place where i want to work as long as I am in this state of Arkansas.

Until I worked here I didn't know what research meant, how its done, and how research endeavors go a long way to us.
Work/Life Balance is great
Outreach Team Intern (Current Employee), Office of International Students and ScholarsJanuary 30, 2015
While in the office, one is typically entering data, corresponding through emails, or organizing information for upcoming events. The staff meets every Monday to discuss upcoming events and to set goals for what needs to get done that week. We have many events that require extensive preparation. Working with the staff and helping all of the international students in their endeavors is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Instructed undergraduate students in geologic principles and practices.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJanuary 28, 2015
Cons: grading
I enjoyed teaching young minds about the world beneath their feet and was happy to broaden their knowledge and answer their questions.
A great place to work at!
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARDecember 23, 2014
I quickly learned how to adapt in a results-driven environment. Every single employee is willing to help and extend their expertise. The atmosphere is fun and exciting.
Fun, but slow
Band Office Secretary (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARDecember 19, 2014
It was slow, hardly much to do, lots of people working, not enough work to go around
The best Instructor position I have worked.
Instructor Computer Modeling (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARDecember 9, 2014
I educated Upward Bound students in both 3d Computer Modeling and Environmental Graphic Design. It was a very rewarding teaching job.
Fun place to work
Razorback Marketing (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ArkansasDecember 8, 2014
One of the best, most exciting jobs that I have ever had. I loved the 3 years that I worked for the department and the people I worked with. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping create the fan experience and make it the best possible one for each and every event.
My department is possibly the best on campus
Journalism Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARDecember 5, 2014
The Lemke journalism department is, in my opinion, the best department on campus. I have never encountered a problem working with the faculty, staff or students of this department. Everyone is helpful and encouraging.
if you love sports this is the place to work
facilities supervisor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARNovember 14, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: long hours
always something going on, always busy, long hours, good people and a lot of peole to meet

1 2 3 4 5