University of Arkansas Employee Reviews

Okay place to work at while figuring your life out, but only temporary
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 8, 2017
Changes take too long to happen. Too much bureaucracy gets in the way of advancing education for undergraduate and graduate students. Salary is too low for electrical engineering teaching assistants, especially since our department brings in the most money for the college of engineering.
Pros
free lunches if you know where to go
Cons
low salary
my first school in US
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 6, 2017
I left China and and pursued my PhD degree in UA. It locates in the beautiful Ozark mountain.

The prof is very kind while very competitive.

I got both PhD and MS there
College Job
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 5, 2017
A good place to work while in undergraduate school. Provided flexible hours and decent wage. Teaching is a rewarding profession even is it can be a bit repetitive.
its exercise you get paid for
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 30, 2017
Generally speaking you'll be expected to work your a** off by upper management, but there are plenty of times when there's little to do, and so from time to time you're allowed to take it easy for long periods of a day. Pay is poor, but hours aplenty. However, most people didn't show up to work consistently. Duties change daily, but mostly consist of moving things from one building to another, and then setting up whatever you've got for whatever athletic event. Also, some supervisors can be pretty "short" with their employees.
Pros
Discount at student athlete cafeteria
Cons
low pay
Great staff and students
Academic Coach (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 29, 2017
I work with Autism Support Community at the university. My typical day is quite different, but great depending on the student I assist in the hour of coaching I do. The atmosphere is supportive and ASP is a much needed program but only in the 6th year, so it is building but still making its way.
Pros
flexible hours, and great ineractions
Cons
part-time and no benefits
Dont do it unless you can kiss butt AND work hard
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 28, 2017
Management was really strict about time even though we finished our duties ahead of schedule every day. Lead to a pushy work environment but overall the pay was good and I wasn't exhausted every night
Pros
Youre working at the UofA
fun place
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 27, 2017
I love the u of a its a great place to work great benefits and management paid vacation if you ever have an emergency they understand and will cover your shift very laid back
Average Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 26, 2017
- Trained a diverse group in exercise setting
- I leaned how to write and apply exercise prescriptions
- Management allowed me to manage myself with little input
- The hardest part of this job was its slow pace. Very boring
- The best part was befriending clients
Excellent place to work
Director of Physical Plant (Current Employee) –  Hope, ARAugust 16, 2017
A wonderful work environment. Everyone you meet and talk to is friendly and willing to help in any way possible. Highly dependable staff and faculty members.
Educational Experience
Business Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 15, 2017
I worked with co-workers to be able to improve the learning environment for students. I prepared information to teach classes and worked on better ways to deliver the information to students.
Nice work environment and advanced experiment instruments
Data entry (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 7, 2017
The work invironment here is very amenable. This is a special human performance lab, where heat champer is always used to test the performance of professional athletes
Professional but cuttroat
Administrative Specialist/Track and Field Coach (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARAugust 6, 2017
This job was great until stragglers starting hanging around the Athletics program and down playing a lot of the coaches, unfortunately, some of the new administration were more into nepotism so there was a lot of avoiding the elephant in the room.
Pros
Great group of athletes
Cons
Alumni too vocal and less contributors positively
AGRICULTURAL EXPERIMENT STATION GIS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 31, 2017
I liked working here in my undergraduate career and had a great time working at the farm. I liked everyone and it was a really goood place to get experience.
Calm Enviornment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJuly 26, 2017
This organization is not a bad place at all. Flexible and reasonable people. University in the South, so definitely hospitable. I wouldn't discourage anyone from working here.
The University is the PERFECT place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 3, 2017
The atmosphere working at the University of Arkansas is like none other, I thoroughly enjoyed coming to work on campus each and every day. The people you work with are good, quality employees and you get to interact with a variety of people each day. HIGHLY recommend.
Great University
Sr. Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 2, 2017
Great place to work! You receive the training, attention, and support need in order for you to excel in your role as a scholar and/or a young professional in a number of fields!
Fun place to work. Performed various occupations
Intramurals (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 15, 2017
Enjoyed working here while attending school. Officiated various sports and maintained field maintenance for six football fields and two softball fields.
Amazing Place To Work For
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 5, 2017
The benefit and culture are amazing, as are the people working there. It is a very open and accepting work environment and allows for a nice balance between work and every day life. The only downside is the pay, which cannot be negotiated.
Pros
Culture, people, events, benefit
Cons
Pay
Very Flexible Schedule
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 5, 2017
I worked Part-Time for the U of A for 3 summers as a Graduate student. They take care of their students and their employees very well. The scheduling was very flexible and allowed me to make my own schedule. Made having two jobs easier to manage.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Fun place and nice workers
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 31, 2017
Ability to move up within departments. Great coworkers. Very understanding of work/life/school demands. Typical work days are long during planting and harvest time.