University of Arkansas Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Student Worker/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 30, 2015
Was a good job for a student. Got to pick when to set up meetings to tutor so it fit in with my classes. The pay was decent for a student tutor. It was hard to help some of the students because of their understanding of a computer and they are trying to do a degree that is based around a computer.
Pros
Choose my own hours
Work-study job
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ARMarch 18, 2015
My job at the University of Arkansas at Monticello allowed me to work in an environment where I interacted with other students and enhance my organizational and communication skills. This job was flexible with my schools hours and was a pleasant, quiet environment to work in. The staff was friendly and eager to help you whenever you needed assistance.
Pros
flexible hours, friendly staff
Cons
short lunch hours, limited weekly hours
Great place to work and have great benefits!
Imaging Tech/Computer Tech III (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 18, 2015
I been in the position at this job for 10 years. I like the environment and the people I work with. The benefits are good, various types of jobs available, a great place work.
Pros
Pay for employee education 90% at any University of Arkansas school. Pay employee child 70%.
Cons
Clocking errors!!!!!
good place to work if they would open some full time positions.
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 26, 2015
good place to work and good people but no full time jobs for carpenters.very good hours,fairly easy work.fairly easy work,do a lot of different jobs,from finishing concrete,laying carpet,building walls,to my favorite trim and finish work
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
no full time positions for carpenters
A great place to start your career, great colleagues
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 4, 2015
This is probably the only place where i want to work as long as I am in this state of Arkansas.

Until I worked here I didn't know what research meant, how its done, and how research endeavors go a long way to us.
Fun place to work
Razorback Marketing (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ArkansasDecember 8, 2014
One of the best, most exciting jobs that I have ever had. I loved the 3 years that I worked for the department and the people I worked with. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping create the fan experience and make it the best possible one for each and every event.
Great experience at "The Flagship of the Delta"
GED Coordinator/Student Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJune 2, 2014
Great company with teamwork/family atmosphere. I recommend this institution to anyone looking to work in the education field or anyone who has a desire to further their education at a college university.
Pros
family atmosphere, faculty/staff appreciation events, great benefits
Office Assistant/Education Department (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 21, 2013
The center was a very productive place. i was able to help assist the students and the staff that fluctuated in and out of the center on a daily basis. I enjoyed my time working here as I discovered a love of reading due to the many wonderful literary selections!
Great job with fantastic work enviroment
UA Safe Ride Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 18, 2012
Safe Ride is a great program and a joy to work at. It offers a relaxed work environment with great coworkers. We are able to work together well which made the office experience wonderful. Its easier to go to work at a job I enjoy.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
late night hours
Long hours but provided opportunities to grow
New Student Orientation, Mentor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 4, 2013
Long hours, start at 6am and continue to work until 1130pm or later. Ability to talk to incoming students about concerns. Help with class registration which built relationships with advisers at the college.
Pros
freedom to handle situations
Cons

Want to know more about University of Arkansas?

Ask a question
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 30, 2013
The department is like a family. It is small, and everyone is very cordial and fun to work with. Everyone is excellent at what they do, and the department as a whole is very productive in producing analysis in the area of education policy. A relatively new department, it is quickly on the rise.
productive and fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 30, 2012
I was working as a teaching assistant, and the hardest part of the job is sometimes the lab I teach is not related to my major. However it's also the amazing part of the job because in this case I would be pushed to learn a lot in a short time.
Great Benefits
Secretary II - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 28, 2014
I earned my undergraduate degree for practically nothing while I was working at the University of Arkansas and my children went there for 50% off of their tuition. You can't find benefits like that everywhere.
Pros
inexpensive tuition
Cons
low pay
no review
Accountant II, Research Accounting (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 27, 2015
The job is relatively enjoyable, but quite repetitive and I enjoy more variety in the work I do. The benefits are good and with 12 paid holidays, we have plenty of time to relax, rejuvenate and unwind.
Work Study
Periodicals Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ArkansasMarch 11, 2015
I was a work study student. It worked out well for me, but I wasn't a salary employee so that could be very different. I worked library hours as well as extended hours during finals
Pros
school schedule so vacations were easy to plan
Great small office feel, with big potential
Learning Specialist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 21, 2013
This job gave me experience in learning how to work with different learning styles and managing time and resources effectively. During this time I also learned about upper management and the hierarchy of a management position.
Good tutoring job.
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 14, 2015
Had a lot of no shows, which is okay because you still get paid either way, just make sure you bring a book or you'll get really bored.
Overall a great job to have while in school.
Very well professional and fun work place
Endoscopy tech (Former Employee) –  Little Rock ArkansasSeptember 2, 2014
The day would start off with prayer every morning in the stand up meetings ,then we would look at the patient charts and prepare the rooms with what we need for that kind of sergry
Cool environment
Institutional Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARNovember 18, 2013
I really enjoyed being around people my own age. I didn't enjoy the sporadic hours, temporary assignments, and weeks with no pay/no work. Other than that it is a good School to work at.
Cons
sporadic hours
Very nice place to work and great people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, Arkansas ยท 72701June 11, 2012
Did survey research at the workplace with 12 other workers and learned how to serve the client with utmost respect at all times. The hardest part of the job is going to work after college Studios.

4.3