University of Arkansas Employee Reviews in United States

Zero Trust
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 16, 2015
These people are snakes. I found I couldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. An exceedingly bad experience, and a stain on my resume.
Pros
Fayetteville is OK.
Cons
Everything else.
Good R1 institution
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 18, 2015
University of Arkansas is a great institution to work for. It provides employees great compensations and great support for conducting research.
Fantastic Learning Experience
Computer Lab Technician II (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 5, 2015
Daily assistance of students and staff with technical needs and questions. Maintaining of lab environs, supplies and health of the PC and Macintosh computers.

Access to on the job training modules online. Furthering my understanding of available software for more in depth answers to questions from our customers.

Management was very supportive and quick to resolve issues both personal and for the daily operations of the labs. Yearly reviews were fair and accurate.

Being on the graveyard shift, my contact with co-workers was limited, but always productive, professional and personable. Shift change was always accompanied by information exchange that included thoughts and facts about the shift and any recommendations or requests for procedural changes or supplies.
Pros
working with students to further their academic aspirations.
Cons
occassional neccesity to enforce the rules.
This Organization was very productive; atleast 80% of women refered to this Organization for recovery recieved maximum help.
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARAugust 20, 2014
This Organization were based on changing lives of women with alcohol and other drugs addictions, and/or dual diagnosed problems.

I assisted clients to meet their defined objectives, Supported clients to identify and practice coping skills; I facilitated groups, provided individual counseling and educated clients in areas such as the importance of self-esteem and money management.

I liked and enjoyed working in this organization because it was a setting for hands-on experience; an excellent organization for clinical work.
Great school
Student (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville,ARMay 14, 2015
Great school and great professors. The business school is moving up in the ranks in the U.S. and should be in the top 25 business school in America any time soon.
Pros
Nice landscape
Cons
Regional University with great benefits and great people
Admissions Recruiter/Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 6, 2014
I enjoy working for UAFS. My colleagues make my work week enjoyable. The upper management has gone through some changes over the past year with different ideologies of how the institution should be run with the future of the community. We don't always see eye-to-eye, but always open to interpretation and communication.
Nice place family style work place...
o Student Worker - APRO Department (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 4, 2014
my day usual about here hours and starts with water the plants and then I finish what ever homework and learn some office producers. the management is awesome. I don't have nay co worker since I the only student worker in that office. There wis not hard part to his job. Its fun and not a lot of pressure.
Pros
this a student worker job, don't pay much but you get some good experience
Cons
this not a full time job and but its a great part time job.
good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 26, 2015
very good lab facilities. Excellent profs .houses one of the best libraries in the country. multi -cultural environment. go hogs!
Job has possitve qualities
Program Assistant/Nutrition Educator (Current Employee) –  Marion, ARSeptember 29, 2014
My job requires recruiting participants for my program area, along with conducting nutrition classes, and submitting required reports.
This job has allowed me to sharpen my communication and presentation skills. Management has been a great help in directing and advising with difficult program situations.
The most difficult part of the job is recruiting willing participants for the program as many are not willing to change their nutritional habits. Also traveling over the entire county in order to reach participants.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and interacting with participants. I have found new friends within these groups. I enjoy bringing the information to these willing participants.
Pros
participants
Cons
low salaries, travel, recruiting
Work Study
Periodicals Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ArkansasMarch 11, 2015
I was a work study student. It worked out well for me, but I wasn't a salary employee so that could be very different. I worked library hours as well as extended hours during finals
Pros
school schedule so vacations were easy to plan

Want to know more about University of Arkansas?

Ask a question
A typical life-guarding job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 11, 2014
This is a typical life-guard job. You have to check the pool, always be on the stand, and always be attentive to those who are in the water. I learned a great deal of responsibility, because you have to be on alert all day long, because anything can happen.

There was not too much that was challenging, except always paying attention for 8 hours in a row. It can get very repetitive, and it teaches you patience as well as some degree of mental fortitude.
Pros
work in a pool, get to swim laps every day, and interact with people who enjoy the pool.
Cons
long days mean you are staring at water for 8 hours in a row.
Fun work environment!
RAZORBACK FOOTBALL RECRUITING AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 10, 2014
I enjoy working for the Razorback football team, however, there is little to no room for advancement or pay. A typical day includes a wide variation of things, depending on whats going on during that season of time. Some days I am calling parents of recruits, some days I am organizing the recruiting database, some days I am setting up an event for our recruits, etc.
Pros
fun job, great resume builder
Cons
no pay, no room to move up
Good place to work with a lot to learn.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 10, 2014
Holding office hours provides me with an opportunity to meet many students and deal with different types of personalities. Working with the students and helping them is a great experience and gives me the satisfaction of making some kind of difference in their lives. This is the most enjoyable part of the job. It improved my interpersonal and organizational skills. This job involves working in teams which I enjoy the most. The challenging aspect of this job is to deal with different kinds of students and helping them understand difficult concepts in an easy manner.
Great benefits and good pay
Facilities Management (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 7, 2015
This is a state position with lots of responsibilities, great benefits, and good pay. In the past, most people stayed here for 20-30 plus years.
Receptionist for Student Affairs
Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 17, 2013
•Attended to phone calls, determined the nature of calls and assisted callers to the proper department.
•Successfully organized appointments .
•Kept detailed messages from the person called upon, containing name, call timing and business nature.
•Accepted and distributed messages and mail to proper recipients.
•Expanded excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.

Everyone I worked with was so nice!
I had a lot of free time to study for classes.
Pros
lots of down time
a relaxed easy-going and fun job to network and develop new skills
Office Assistant/ Work-Study Student (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff ArkansasMay 17, 2012
i learned alot about office work. i enjoyed working with students and faculty. My scheduling was very flexible to my classes. The Chemistry staff was really nice and i was not overwhelmed with a huge amount of work. The hardest thing was the tedious job of sitting at the front desk waiting to assist but i loved working as an Office Assistant.
Pros
flexible, learning new tasks, great interactions, networking, helpful staff
Cons
work-study job, limited pay, non benifits job, slow and tedious, no backup, not a lot to do
I loved this job!
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Pine BluffAugust 15, 2012
I would go to work and and work with different staff members of the recruitment office. I would answer phone, make mailing packets and give tours. An if we wasn't busy i would have down time to finish any homework i didn't finish the night before. I learned how to use the fax mechine, answer phones, and do tours and learn campus history.
My management was amazing. My co-works where all amazing also and very helpful. There was really no hard part about the job. I enjoyed everything.
Pros
working with new people and meeting different students
Cons
n/a
Great learning experience in the field of research.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 1, 2012
I very much enjoyed learning the ropes of psychological research. My supervisor and adviser were very helpful. The lab itself was small and personal. Even the research assistants were able to give feedback and impact the direction of the research. At the end of my work here, I feel very prepared to move on in my career.
Pros
challenging, exciting learning opportunity.
Cons
the only compensation was course credit.
Great environment all around.
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day at the University includes making copies for professors, creating spreadsheets of information for easy access to the department, creating flyers, and building great relationships with my professors and coworkers.

I've learned how a university works together. As a student, I never thought of all of the behind the scenes work that goes into each class.

My superiors are fantastic and I've never worked with a group of higher ups that I've enjoyed more. I enjoy working with my coworkers just as much. I have yet to experience a work day with less than the best attitudes.

I would say the most difficult part of my job is misunderstandings. A few professors have difficulty explaining exactly what it is they are wanting when they ask something of me so it's hard to walk them through it sometimes.

The most enjoyable part of my job is making work connections. I've met professors through my job and later had them as a professor for a course so it makes the entire experience so much better.
A great place to start your career, great colleagues
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 4, 2015
This is probably the only place where i want to work as long as I am in this state of Arkansas.

Until I worked here I didn't know what research meant, how its done, and how research endeavors go a long way to us.

4.3