University of Arkansas Employee Reviews

Excellent
Assistant Professsor of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 1, 2015
A typical day starts off with preparing to lecture 52 student nurses. My teaching strategies must include auditory, tactile, visual, and reflection. I have learned that you are never too old to learn. Although, my students are there to learn they have also taught me. Time management and organizational skills are very important when you have two classes with at least 52 students in each class. My colleagues have a mutual respect for each other. We view ourselves as professionals in a higher learning institution. The most difficult part of my job is losing students who were not successful in the program after sometimes much remediation and hard work. The most enjoyable being a part of students graduating and becoming productive professional nurses.
Great experience
SPANISH TEACHER (Former Employee) –  ARNovember 1, 2015
The pay is too little for TA's but the knowledge and experience is very valuable. I would recommend it to all. The city of Fayetteville is a wonderful place.
An okay Job
Cheddars (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 30, 2015
This job was okay for the most part. Management at that time was not good for business. I had a hard time trying to communicate with angry managers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Management service
Great place to work and have great benefits!
Imaging Tech/Computer Tech III (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 18, 2015
I been in the position at this job for 10 years. I like the environment and the people I work with. The benefits are good, various types of jobs available, a great place work.
Pros
Pay for employee education 90% at any University of Arkansas school. Pay employee child 70%.
Cons
Clocking errors!!!!!
Productive workplace
Chargee de cours/tutrice (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 9, 2015
Productive workplace with enthusiastic and helpful co-workers. A place where I learned a lot and improved on my communication and written skills.
Enjoyed contact with customers and students.
Pros
celebration of anniversaries
no review
Accountant II, Research Accounting (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 27, 2015
The job is relatively enjoyable, but quite repetitive and I enjoy more variety in the work I do. The benefits are good and with 12 paid holidays, we have plenty of time to relax, rejuvenate and unwind.
Pct
PCT (Former Employee) –  little rockAugust 28, 2015
great company low pa

“Empowering our employees to give back in ways meaningful to them has always been a high priority. Our Volunteer Time Off gives every employee in the world a one- week annual vacation to work for whatever charity they want. With teammates or their family they might build houses or help earthquake victims, whatever they want to do.
Job is taxing
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  On campusAugust 10, 2015
There is so much red tape; little room for advancement; lack of trust among co workers. unhappy environment. It could be something amazing if people would take the time and learn the positions, but everyone has something to prove, I guess.
Pros
Off on weekends; holidays
Cons
Management makes difficult to complete tasks
Zero Trust
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 16, 2015
These people are snakes. I found I couldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. An exceedingly bad experience, and a stain on my resume.
Pros
Fayetteville is OK.
Cons
Everything else.
good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 26, 2015
very good lab facilities. Excellent profs .houses one of the best libraries in the country. multi -cultural environment. go hogs!
Coached Division 1 basketball as an assistant
Coach (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 18, 2015
I was the coach for the centers. I learned a lot about the fundamentals of team work. The coaching staff was awesome. The hardest part was the long hours a day and no job security. The most enjoyable part was coaching during the games and being on TV.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Bad compensation, no job security, if the head coach would take another job at a different college you would not be guarenteed a job.
Good R1 institution
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 18, 2015
University of Arkansas is a great institution to work for. It provides employees great compensations and great support for conducting research.
Productive and fun workplace
Financial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 31, 2015
Got to experience how collegiate marketing works with other universities and got to work with collegiate athletes while working to provide fans an incredible experience.
Pros
Free tickets to games
Cons
Never a dull moment
Great place if you love repetitive work
Assistant in a certain office (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 31, 2015
It was fun but when you do better at a job, those that you work with will become threatened. It's the same thing everyday and those who think they know everything will advance quicker than you. Everyone sleeps around with either those in the same offices or in different departments. It gets boring very quickly. Supervisors will try to make you feel like you are suppose to be scared of them. The friends that you think you have made on that campus well turn on you in a heart beat. Keep to yourself while working here.
Pros
M-F job
Cons
Soap opera central, lousy pay for the amount of stuff you have to deal with.
Fun Workplace
Student Worker/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 30, 2015
Was a good job for a student. Got to pick when to set up meetings to tutor so it fit in with my classes. The pay was decent for a student tutor. It was hard to help some of the students because of their understanding of a computer and they are trying to do a degree that is based around a computer.
Pros
Choose my own hours
good place to work if they would open some full time positions.
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 26, 2015
good place to work and good people but no full time jobs for carpenters.very good hours,fairly easy work.fairly easy work,do a lot of different jobs,from finishing concrete,laying carpet,building walls,to my favorite trim and finish work
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
no full time positions for carpenters
Great school
Student (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville,ARMay 14, 2015
Great school and great professors. The business school is moving up in the ranks in the U.S. and should be in the top 25 business school in America any time soon.
Pros
Nice landscape
Cons
Great benefits and good pay
Facilities Management (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 7, 2015
This is a state position with lots of responsibilities, great benefits, and good pay. In the past, most people stayed here for 20-30 plus years.
Great
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 20, 2015
They are nice, I have a good experience there. The professor is awesome and curriculum is good too. I learned lots from the courses and myself during the program.
Good tutoring job.
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 14, 2015
Had a lot of no shows, which is okay because you still get paid either way, just make sure you bring a book or you'll get really bored.
Overall a great job to have while in school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Arkansas. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3