University of Arkansas

University of Arkansas Employer Reviews

Cool environment
Institutional Services Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARNovember 18, 2013
Cons: sporadic hours
I really enjoyed being around people my own age. I didn't enjoy the sporadic hours, temporary assignments, and weeks with no pay/no work. Other than that it is a good School to work at.
Great place to learn and a wonderful working environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, AROctober 17, 2013
Learned a lot as a Graduate student. As a part of my masters thesis and Phd Dissertation, I worked on various intervention strategies to control Campylobacter in broiler chickens.

I get to work with chickens as a part of my in vivo studies. I was responsible for the handling, care and feeding of the birds throughout the experiment period. I enjoyed – more... working with live animals.

I isolated probiotic bacteria from chickens and evaluated their efficacy to reduce Campylobacter in broiler chickens. Developed Strategies further enhance the efficacy of probiotic isolates to reduce foodborne pathogens

I got the oppurtunity to teach Cardiovascular physiology to Graduate students, which I enjoyed a lot.

The hardest part working with animal models is so much variability in results, which is difficult to analyze and arrive at conclusions

Skills: Necropsy, microbiological techniques, working with foodborne pathogens, sterile techniques, media preparation, microbiology – less
Research at the University of Arkansas
Research Assistant (RA) (Current Employee), Fayetteville, AROctober 16, 2013
The U of A has a good Psychology department and great faculty.
Very nice place to work
MBO folder operator (Former Employee), Fayetteville, AROctober 10, 2013
Very nice place to work, early to work, early to go home. I loved it
hard place towork
supervisor (Former Employee), fayetteville , ARSeptember 18, 2013
a lot of things have changed and is no longer fun to work at the U of A
Engaging Workplace
Research Intern (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARAugust 28, 2013
Worked with other interns as an REU intern. Most enjoyable was working well with others and obtaining help from others as well as providing help.
Managing the Media
Media Relations Intern (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARAugust 7, 2013
A typical day was making sure each member of the media had all the materials and quotes they needed to publish their articles.
Strong research background of plant molecular biology
Graduate students, Ph.D. (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJuly 22, 2013
I really enjoyed the generation of transgenic plants and studied their function.
I also managed my laboratory like organization of chemicals and equipments.
Receptionist for Student Affairs
Student Affairs (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJuly 17, 2013
Pros: lots of down time
•Attended to phone calls, determined the nature of calls and assisted callers to the proper department.
•Successfully organized appointments .
•Kept detailed messages from the person called upon, containing name, call timing and business nature.
•Accepted and distributed messages and mail to proper recipients.
•Expanded excellent interpersonal, communication – more... and customer service skills.

Everyone I worked with was so nice!
I had a lot of free time to study for classes. – less
My Summary
Student Worker (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARJuly 11, 2013
Performed administration assistant duties in the School of Education.
Fun workplace with kids
Student Assistant and Volunteer Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Fayetteville,ARJune 13, 2013
Camp counselor from 8am-4pm Monday - Friday. I taught kids ages 5-17 the fundamentals of football.
Long hours but provided opportunities to grow
New Student Orientation, Mentor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJune 4, 2013
Pros: freedom to handle situations
Cons: long hours
Long hours, start at 6am and continue to work until 1130pm or later. Ability to talk to incoming students about concerns. Help with class registration which built relationships with advisers at the college.
Great Univiversity, great town, wonderful fansl
Head Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJune 2, 2013
Great leadership that hires staff and allows them to do their jobs and expects nothing short of conference championships and more.
GOOD
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), NEW ORLEANSMay 27, 2013
enjoyed working there enjoyed the relationship building that occurred. knock out by th e real estate bust
a great learning experience and convienently on campus
Library Technician (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARMay 15, 2013
I like working at the on campus library and learning about something I knew nothing about before.
Very enlightening and fulfilling work experience.
Library Specialist (Former Employee), Special Collections DepartmentMay 14, 2013
The Dale Bumpers Senatorial collection consists of about 1500 boxes. A typical day consists of gathering the materials, consolidating the similar items, and coming up with a comprehensible description in the Excel finding aid, so as to make it accessible to researchers, and also translating the data from excel to an HTML format, called EAD (Encoded – more... Archival Description). Working on this project has taught me many aspects of the legislative process, on top of how to organize data in spreadsheets, and the basics of HTML coding. This is a team-oriented project so it has also been a good experience to work productively with my co-workers. The hardest parts of the job would have to be the tedious duties, like sticking labels on folders. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things about history everyday. – less
Productive and Fun place to work
Report Writer (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARMay 13, 2013
Positive atmosphere and great place to work. Management is supportive of their employees and encourage teamwork. Co-Workers are supportive, very friendly and go out of their way to help you exceed at your job.
Overall a very good place to work.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 3, 2013
Pros: work life balance.
Cons: compensation.
Overall a very good place to work. Although compensation is on the low side, much is made up for with benefits and work life balance.
Lots of opportunity to gain experience
Pine Bluff Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee), Pine Bluff, ARApril 29, 2013
Pros: keeps you on your toes
Cons: a lot of work for only one person
I begin at 7am and treat athletes of all sport for any incurring injuries. I then go and teach various classes at the undergraduate level. I return to the athletic training clinic and prepare for afternoon practices and attend practices until they are finished.
Great small office feel, with big potential
Learning Specialist Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARApril 21, 2013
This job gave me experience in learning how to work with different learning styles and managing time and resources effectively. During this time I also learned about upper management and the hierarchy of a management position.