University of Arkansas Employee Reviews

Student Review
Student (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 30, 2017
Great Instructors and teaching techniques. Was truly blessed in becoming a U of A Graduate. Instructors were very helpful and dedicated to each student.
Workplace culture
Logistics Manager/Safe Ride Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 28, 2017
The work is not hard but management is not progressive. Maintaining and controlling a decadent workplace with keeping the "good ole boy network" in place appears to be more important than developing a first class operation worthy of emulation. Upward mobility and pay raises are out of the equation period.
Cons
no pay raises and very limited opportunity for promotion.
Learned a lot of skills such as communication and leadership. Very social and very fun
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 23, 2017
My internship was through the University of Arkansas. I had an exceptional experience working with 4 different clients every week. My job was to make them workout plans that fit their lifestyle, work schedule, individual goals and body type. I learned how to work with multiple schedules to come to an overall compromise to fit everyone into a workout regimen.
Pros
Very social, got to be in a gym all day
Cons
No pay.
Good benefits
Fiscal Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, AR 72701May 22, 2017
The benefits are good. Depending on department, they are really family orientated. Built in holidays are nice, especially at Christmas. Overall, it's a good place to work.
Great place for a summer internship.
Undergraduate Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 16, 2017
I learned a lot during my summer internship at the University of Arkansas. I was able to perform polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE) as part of my research during the summer. I was able to meet some great people as well.
great
Class Checker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 15, 2017
they were awesome, it was a very easy going, laid back job and you picked your own hours which was very nice for a college student, i would and probably will work for them again next school year
I learned a lot here.
PhD Candidate (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 12, 2017
That 'students-first' philosophy is a big reason why the U of A is consistently ranked among the nation's top public research universities and best values. We work hard to ensure a low student-to-faculty ratio that promotes plenty of personal attention and mentoring opportunities. The Carnegie Foundation classifies the university as having "the highest possible level of research," placing us among the top 2 percent of colleges and universities nationwide.
Ualr
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARMay 9, 2017
Working here was good for a part time job. Very laid back and simple usually. No benefits if you are a part time employee. Learned simple office tasks to add to resume.
Not as many hours as I would have liked
Summer Conference Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 8, 2017
I think that more hours would have been nice especially with athletic tutoring. They are very random hours and not constant. I wish I had more hours to work,
Productive Workplace with Emphasis on Advancement
Executive Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 4, 2017
The University of Arkansas is an excellent place to work. I experienced a supportive environment that encourages higher education attainment and professional growth. Advancement opportunities are available.
Pros
Tuitition Discounts, Competitive benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Fun work place
Basketball Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 4, 2017
Productive surroundings, love to be around positive people who are willing to work. I come everyday ready to learn!! I'm a fast learning, very easy to get along with and i know how to handle customers. I'm very good at turning a bad situation into a positive outcome.
Pros
free lunches
Benefits
Easy and realxed work environment
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 1, 2017
Great place to work. Have every holiday paid off. Benefits were pretty good. Hours were kinda rough to get use to night shift. Pay was something to be desired but the job was very simple.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Paid once a month.
Assistant Professor
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ARApril 24, 2017
Great small college in Arkansas. Students are not exposed to much, but are very willing to learn. Got along well with colleagues. The pay may be lacking.
Great place to work along with great people
Assistant Coach & Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 19, 2017
The University of Arkansas is a great place to work, I enjoyed being apart of the Razorback family. Working within the Athletics department was very exciting, challenging and rewarding. I enjoyed the relationships that I was able to cultivate and build within the department. The administration was very supportive and understood what it takes to be successful in the SEC.
Highest level of basketball in the country.
Women's Basketball Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 18, 2017
Highly competitive conference. Great facilities. Unbelievable resources available to the students and faculty. Overall great place to learn and grow..
Amazing work environment and supervisors
Admissions Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 16, 2017
I have the opportunity to work with the most amazing co-workers and supervisors who do no micro-manage our every move. Our entire office gets along, we cover for each other when someone is in need of help, someone is always willing to step-up and take the lead on a project or event, and I get to meet and speak with some wonderful future student and their parents. Being able to share my love and enthusiasm for the University of Arkansas and the Northwest Arkansas area is a joy that I get to bring to the office everyday.
Pros
Awesome co-workers and supervisors, great support teams
Cons
Not paid enough for the work we do and the amount of travel
Supply Chain Management Department
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 6, 2017
Fun relaxing environment where you can interact with your superiors and feel at home while learning and working all at the same time. Would recommend a work study in this department to anyone.
Fun Place To Work
Athletic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time at the university, both as a student and as an employee. The benefits are great, the hours are flexible, and the people are diverse.
Wonderful Experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 3, 2017
Working for the basketball team during college allowed for me to make so many new connections with people that share the same love for the game of basketball.
Great School
Seven Hills Day Shelter Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 3, 2017
University of Arkansas is a great school! UofA has many opportunity to learn and grow professionally! SW Practice 3 classes give students the opportunity for community awarness.