University of Arkansas

University of Arkansas Employer Reviews

Maintenece
Maintenance (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJanuary 25, 2014
The job is not a bad job. I worked hard and got paid decently. Just basic warehousing and general labor jobs.
Awful Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJanuary 11, 2014
Graduating was nearly impossible, not only for me but for those who came after. I would not recommend the UoA for graduate work for anyone.
Student
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJanuary 7, 2014
Student at u of a. loved the campus and the people. It was a great university
Working with elementary students improving their reading skills was very much a learing opportunity for both teacher and student.
Student Worker/Tutor (Former Employee), Greenland, ARDecember 31, 2013
I worked as a tutor during my financial aid award scholarship. Such a rewarding and challenging experience.
Exciting and Enlightening workplace
Instructor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARDecember 20, 2013
Working as a teaching assistant is a great way to transition from a student to a full-time employee in the workplace. I definitely recommend it.
Great opportunity to make a difference in our society.
iConnect Event Planning Chair (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARDecember 13, 2013
A typical day as the Event Planning Chair for the iConnect group involves creating 4 or more activities (I usually provide 6 options) for the mentor families to do. The posting includes: the Activity, Significance, and a Hint for each activity. I mainly connect mentor families with information to resources off and on campus. An example would be of a – more... location on campus where they can rent a laptop at no charge, or finding what the extended hours for the Mullins Library during this season. I speak in front of the mentor families every month during our general assembly meeting and organize seating, music, news, and always seek to improve our meetings and presentations.

As a team we constantly work together, last month I contacted our Communication Marketing chairmen and collaborated to engage and attract more social media attention. This resulted in a very successful event called ‘What Connects Us.”

The hardest part of the job would have to be accommodating to everyones schedules. Different class and work schedules can mean for late evening meetings.

The most enjoyable part of this job has been to see the bonds that have been created through this organization. Mentor families provide support for one another through out the semester, and have become life long companions. – less
Great place for students to work
Clerk (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARDecember 5, 2013
Very easy work, plus free book rentals if you work there for 6 months.
Cool environment
Institutional Services Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARNovember 18, 2013
Cons: sporadic hours
I really enjoyed being around people my own age. I didn't enjoy the sporadic hours, temporary assignments, and weeks with no pay/no work. Other than that it is a good School to work at.
Great place to learn and a wonderful working environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, AROctober 17, 2013
Learned a lot as a Graduate student. As a part of my masters thesis and Phd Dissertation, I worked on various intervention strategies to control Campylobacter in broiler chickens.

I get to work with chickens as a part of my in vivo studies. I was responsible for the handling, care and feeding of the birds throughout the experiment period. I enjoyed – more... working with live animals.

I isolated probiotic bacteria from chickens and evaluated their efficacy to reduce Campylobacter in broiler chickens. Developed Strategies further enhance the efficacy of probiotic isolates to reduce foodborne pathogens

I got the oppurtunity to teach Cardiovascular physiology to Graduate students, which I enjoyed a lot.

The hardest part working with animal models is so much variability in results, which is difficult to analyze and arrive at conclusions

Skills: Necropsy, microbiological techniques, working with foodborne pathogens, sterile techniques, media preparation, microbiology – less
Research at the University of Arkansas
Research Assistant (RA) (Current Employee), Fayetteville, AROctober 16, 2013
The U of A has a good Psychology department and great faculty.
Very nice place to work
MBO folder operator (Former Employee), Fayetteville, AROctober 10, 2013
Very nice place to work, early to work, early to go home. I loved it
hard place towork
supervisor (Former Employee), fayetteville , ARSeptember 18, 2013
a lot of things have changed and is no longer fun to work at the U of A
Engaging Workplace
Research Intern (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARAugust 28, 2013
Worked with other interns as an REU intern. Most enjoyable was working well with others and obtaining help from others as well as providing help.
Managing the Media
Media Relations Intern (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARAugust 7, 2013
A typical day was making sure each member of the media had all the materials and quotes they needed to publish their articles.
Strong research background of plant molecular biology
Graduate students, Ph.D. (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJuly 22, 2013
I really enjoyed the generation of transgenic plants and studied their function.
I also managed my laboratory like organization of chemicals and equipments.
Receptionist for Student Affairs
Student Affairs (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJuly 17, 2013
Pros: lots of down time
•Attended to phone calls, determined the nature of calls and assisted callers to the proper department.
•Successfully organized appointments .
•Kept detailed messages from the person called upon, containing name, call timing and business nature.
•Accepted and distributed messages and mail to proper recipients.
•Expanded excellent interpersonal, communication – more... and customer service skills.

Everyone I worked with was so nice!
I had a lot of free time to study for classes. – less
My Summary
Student Worker (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARJuly 11, 2013
Performed administration assistant duties in the School of Education.
Fun workplace with kids
Student Assistant and Volunteer Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Fayetteville,ARJune 13, 2013
Camp counselor from 8am-4pm Monday - Friday. I taught kids ages 5-17 the fundamentals of football.
Long hours but provided opportunities to grow
New Student Orientation, Mentor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJune 4, 2013
Pros: freedom to handle situations
Cons: long hours
Long hours, start at 6am and continue to work until 1130pm or later. Ability to talk to incoming students about concerns. Help with class registration which built relationships with advisers at the college.
Great Univiversity, great town, wonderful fansl
Head Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJune 2, 2013
Great leadership that hires staff and allows them to do their jobs and expects nothing short of conference championships and more.