University of Arkansas

University of Arkansas Employer Reviews

Good place to pursue Ph.D. degree
Research assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARDecember 24, 2012
Good place to pursue Ph.D. degree. Very good Ph.D. program with quite a few research facilities.
Great Job
Lead ResNet Network Technician (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARDecember 8, 2012
Great job while going to school. They are very flexible with my hours.
Nice environment to Work in
Council of Supply Chain Management, Member (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ArkansasNovember 8, 2012
Great place to go to school and learn the business environment
Productive and a good place to work.
Telephone Operator (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARNovember 6, 2012
Pros: good things only to say.
Cons: nothing bad to say.
Loved working their. I felt I needed to not be working in order to give my mom the care she needed. I wish I were still working their. People were great to work with.
Learning experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, AROctober 25, 2012
It's good to work as a research assistant. I've worked in biology and Computer science departments.
Ok
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Fayetteville, AROctober 9, 2012
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: no benifits
Idid not mind working here. I learned more about cars than I really needed to know. The people i worked with were fun and made the day pass quickly.
Silo mentality
Faculty (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: some departments have flexibility in scheduling work and family
Cons: uncaring administration, poor pay, little job security, demeaning attitudes by administrators
This university is not a very good place to work. I'm sure there are good departments, but overall it is stressful and there is very little support from management. The HR and Affirmative Action departments are predatory. There are no employee advocates anywhere. If there is a conflict between a manager and an employee, it makes no difference what the – more... conflict is about. The employee will be fired. When Affirmative Action had a better grievance officer, I think employees had better outcomes. I think this place sucks the life out of most people who aren't part of the upper 10% in pay and status. I cannot believe they win a family friendly award from the governor's office every year. This says a lot about the state of employment in Arkansas. If this is a good employer, the options are pretty bad. – less
Great job with fantastic work enviroment
UA Safe Ride Dispatcher (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: coworkers
Cons: late night hours
Safe Ride is a great program and a joy to work at. It offers a relaxed work environment with great coworkers. We are able to work together well which made the office experience wonderful. Its easier to go to work at a job I enjoy.
enjoyed culture and values, good training and atmosphere
Custodian (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARSeptember 12, 2012
Pay is lower than inustry standard. Good training and benefits, opportunities for advancement, family atmosphere, always supplied with needed materiels.
Faculty Assistant in the University of Arkansas Quality Writing Center
Faculty Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARSeptember 11, 2012
Like most people fortunate enough to work in the Quality Writing Center, I enjoyed working with a group of people who were extremely professional yet fun loving. The management (co-directors) let the employees know what was expected of them and then let them do their required work. The Co-Directors were competent people who hired competent people or – more... at least people who they trained to be competent--and because of this trait, the Co-Directors were excellent leadership role models. Added to this positive experience is the fact that my co-workers were all amazing people who were working in the Center and taking classes (just as I was). Some were taking and teaching classes, also, so I saw a variety of co-workers finding creative solutions to scheduling and other employment issues. I feel like the benefits of working in the QWC far outway the low monetary compensation I (and all of us who worked there) received during my employment there. – less
It's grad school.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARAugust 29, 2012
Expect to work a lot! You can have fun with your fellow graduate students. The professors are a mixed bunch. Overall, not too bad.
Informative Information/Introduction in Division I Athletics
Managed Student-Athlete (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARAugust 16, 2012
Pros: exposure to division i athletics
Cons: minimal pay
For a typical day at work, I would come in and set up modalities and athletes would come in if any treatment or rehabilitation was needed, any pre-game/practice taping/bracing would be done and practice or the game would be covered. I enjoyed the management coaches and athletes that I worked with I learned many things about the policies and procedures – more... within the NCAA. The most enjoyable part of my job was being around the athletes and being able to not only help with physical injuries, but with other problems. The hardest part of the job would be sometimes identifying injuries and compromising with coaches to figure out what the best method of treatment would be. – less
I loved this job!
Clerical Support (Former Employee), Pine BluffAugust 15, 2012
Pros: working with new people and meeting different students
Cons: n/a
I would go to work and and work with different staff members of the recruitment office. I would answer phone, make mailing packets and give tours. An if we wasn't busy i would have down time to finish any homework i didn't finish the night before. I learned how to use the fax mechine, answer phones, and do tours and learn campus history.
My management – more... was amazing. My co-works where all amazing also and very helpful. There was really no hard part about the job. I enjoyed everything. – less
great school to work for
Financial Aid Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJuly 22, 2012
i had an overall good experience, and learned great problem solving skills
Moderate academic, and stimulating graduate studies
graduate student (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ArkansasJuly 22, 2012
Pros: the knowledge i got
Cons: the relation to the noacademic functions
The research opportunities were limited, but the teaching opportunities were good. Management was mediocre.
Great university atmosphere.
Percussion Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJuly 7, 2012
I attended school full-time while working as a full-time graduate student for the school of music and marching band. I worked many 12 hour days, usually never less and than 10 hours a day. The work load was enormous and rewarding. I dealt with many bosses and educated hundreds of students on a daily basis, while maintaining a 3.9 GPA.
Accounts Receiveables (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARJuly 2, 2012
Great working environment, mixture of slow and fast pace at times, very opposite of corporate world
Great learning experience in the field of research.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJuly 1, 2012
Pros: challenging, exciting learning opportunity.
Cons: the only compensation was course credit.
I very much enjoyed learning the ropes of psychological research. My supervisor and adviser were very helpful. The lab itself was small and personal. Even the research assistants were able to give feedback and impact the direction of the research. At the end of my work here, I feel very prepared to move on in my career.
A nice place to work, the people are great and easy to work with
Printer/folder operator/manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJune 28, 2012
I had the freedom to learn new things
Management let you work at your pace as long as the job got done
All of my co-workers was great and easy to work with
there was times when there was nothing to do and we had to look busy
I love to be busy all the time
I was able to schedule maintenance and order parts
Very nice place to work and great people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, Arkansas ยท 72701June 11, 2012
Did survey research at the workplace with 12 other workers and learned how to serve the client with utmost respect at all times. The hardest part of the job is going to work after college Studios.