University of Arkansas Employee Reviews in United States

Informative Information/Introduction in Division I Athletics
Managed Student-Athlete (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 16, 2012
For a typical day at work, I would come in and set up modalities and athletes would come in if any treatment or rehabilitation was needed, any pre-game/practice taping/bracing would be done and practice or the game would be covered. I enjoyed the management coaches and athletes that I worked with I learned many things about the policies and procedures within the NCAA. The most enjoyable part of my job was being around the athletes and being able to not only help with physical injuries, but with other problems. The hardest part of the job would be sometimes identifying injuries and compromising with coaches to figure out what the best method of treatment would be.
Pros
exposure to division i athletics
Cons
minimal pay
Productive and fun workplace
Financial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 31, 2015
Got to experience how collegiate marketing works with other universities and got to work with collegiate athletes while working to provide fans an incredible experience.
Pros
Free tickets to games
Cons
Never a dull moment
Work-study job
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ARMarch 18, 2015
My job at the University of Arkansas at Monticello allowed me to work in an environment where I interacted with other students and enhance my organizational and communication skills. This job was flexible with my schools hours and was a pleasant, quiet environment to work in. The staff was friendly and eager to help you whenever you needed assistance.
Pros
flexible hours, friendly staff
Cons
short lunch hours, limited weekly hours
Productive and quiet work environment
Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 5, 2014
A typical day at work, begins with logging into the system, and taking my seat at my desk. As the day proceeds, I am given the variety of task: undoing paper jams, scanning/coping items, working in Microsoft Programs, answering phone calls, and most of all providing a patient ear for the student I am working with. The two most valuable things I have learned at this job, is to not take anything for granted, and time management. I see people everyday, who lack the knowledge that I have in computers, and electronic systems; it just comes natural for me. This job calls for you to be attentive no matter what time of day, if you are on the clock, your time has to be spread out evenly among those that need assistance. No one person is more important then the next. The hardest part of the job is working my 9am-5pm shift on Saturdays, because that is our slowest day, other than that the job is well developed. The most enjoyable thing about my job is I get to do what I love, and that's help others. This job fuels my passion for meeting others needs.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
n/a
Productive, Goal Oriented, & Supportive Environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 8, 2014
A typical day may start anytime between 5 and 9 am depending on the schedule for the day but it is not hard to establish a routine. Most days involve testing exercise products and athletes/subjects in the Human Performance Lab, teaching a class or two, studying for an exam, helping a co-worker with a project, fixing something, and responding to various emails. I have learned numerous subjects like Biomechanics, Exercise Physiology, Muscle Metabolism, among many others, all of which encompass Exercise Science as it relates to Kinesiology. I have also benefited from teaching classes that vary between fitness instruction to class lectures. The hardest part of the job is time-management. Being a full-time graduate student, teaching classes, and preforming research for various funding companies is very time consuming and it is helpful to be very organized and planned. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with athletes and companies that seek to promote healthy lifestyles.
HR/Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 6, 2015
Working with amazing people and wonderful job opportunities. However, hard to accomplish advancement unless you know someone.
good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 26, 2015
very good lab facilities. Excellent profs .houses one of the best libraries in the country. multi -cultural environment. go hogs!
if you love sports this is the place to work
facilities supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARNovember 14, 2014
always something going on, always busy, long hours, good people and a lot of peole to meet
Pros
everything
Fun work environment!
RAZORBACK FOOTBALL RECRUITING AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 10, 2014
I enjoy working for the Razorback football team, however, there is little to no room for advancement or pay. A typical day includes a wide variation of things, depending on whats going on during that season of time. Some days I am calling parents of recruits, some days I am organizing the recruiting database, some days I am setting up an event for our recruits, etc.
Pros
fun job, great resume builder
Cons
no pay, no room to move up
Hog Caller Typical Day
Hog Caller (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 16, 2014
Work usually starts at 5:15PM, unless you work on a Sunday - then work starts either at 1:45PM or 5:15PM. Employees have to be current university students. Everyone comes in prior to 5:15PM, finds their assigned cubicle, and prepares to call alumni or friends of the university. The managers are also current students themselves which makes for a professional but laid-back environment. All of my co-workers are current students; this makes it easy to obtain friends and relate to one another well. The hardest part of the job is getting friends/alumni of the university to make a financial contribution to the university. In spite of this, the most enjoyable part is spending time alongside my fellow co-workers because of the energy they bring to the call center.
Pros
ability to eat while working
Cons
no breaks
I loved this job!
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Pine BluffAugust 15, 2012
I would go to work and and work with different staff members of the recruitment office. I would answer phone, make mailing packets and give tours. An if we wasn't busy i would have down time to finish any homework i didn't finish the night before. I learned how to use the fax mechine, answer phones, and do tours and learn campus history.
My management was amazing. My co-works where all amazing also and very helpful. There was really no hard part about the job. I enjoyed everything.
Pros
working with new people and meeting different students
Cons
n/a
Nice place family style work place...
o Student Worker - APRO Department (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 4, 2014
my day usual about here hours and starts with water the plants and then I finish what ever homework and learn some office producers. the management is awesome. I don't have nay co worker since I the only student worker in that office. There wis not hard part to his job. Its fun and not a lot of pressure.
Pros
this a student worker job, don't pay much but you get some good experience
Cons
this not a full time job and but its a great part time job.
Work/Life Balance is great
Outreach Team Intern (Current Employee) –  Office of International Students and ScholarsJanuary 30, 2015
While in the office, one is typically entering data, corresponding through emails, or organizing information for upcoming events. The staff meets every Monday to discuss upcoming events and to set goals for what needs to get done that week. We have many events that require extensive preparation. Working with the staff and helping all of the international students in their endeavors is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Regional University with great benefits and great people
Admissions Recruiter/Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 6, 2014
I enjoy working for UAFS. My colleagues make my work week enjoyable. The upper management has gone through some changes over the past year with different ideologies of how the institution should be run with the future of the community. We don't always see eye-to-eye, but always open to interpretation and communication.
Very enlightening and fulfilling work experience.
Library Specialist (Former Employee) –  Special Collections DepartmentMay 14, 2013
The Dale Bumpers Senatorial collection consists of about 1500 boxes. A typical day consists of gathering the materials, consolidating the similar items, and coming up with a comprehensible description in the Excel finding aid, so as to make it accessible to researchers, and also translating the data from excel to an HTML format, called EAD (Encoded Archival Description). Working on this project has taught me many aspects of the legislative process, on top of how to organize data in spreadsheets, and the basics of HTML coding. This is a team-oriented project so it has also been a good experience to work productively with my co-workers. The hardest parts of the job would have to be the tedious duties, like sticking labels on folders. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things about history everyday.
Organized
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 15, 2015
Organized leadership, decent pay, great hours. Would recommend anyone to apply here. The management is great and so are the coworkers.
Energetic educational environment
TA Spanish (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 27, 2015
teaching goes smoothly among the undergrads there is a culture of studying present here. The students are commited and there is a space for acommplishing one's goals when it comes to make them excell.
A typical life-guarding job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 11, 2014
This is a typical life-guard job. You have to check the pool, always be on the stand, and always be attentive to those who are in the water. I learned a great deal of responsibility, because you have to be on alert all day long, because anything can happen.

There was not too much that was challenging, except always paying attention for 8 hours in a row. It can get very repetitive, and it teaches you patience as well as some degree of mental fortitude.
Pros
work in a pool, get to swim laps every day, and interact with people who enjoy the pool.
Cons
long days mean you are staring at water for 8 hours in a row.
Good Family Oriented place to work
Assistant Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, AROctober 30, 2014
I've learned a great deal while employed at the University of Arkansas. The people are great and work hard to improve the health and life of the patients we serve.
Pros
family oriented
College Job
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 10, 2015
This was a great experience. The school really helped me get on my feet and gave me some work experience to talk to in interviews and have on my resume.

4.3