University of Arkansas

University of Arkansas Employer Reviews

Receptionist for Student Affairs
Student Affairs (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJuly 17, 2013
Pros: lots of down time
•Attended to phone calls, determined the nature of calls and assisted callers to the proper department.
•Successfully organized appointments .
•Kept detailed messages from the person called upon, containing name, call timing and business nature.
•Accepted and distributed messages and mail to proper recipients.
•Expanded excellent interpersonal, communication – more... and customer service skills.

Everyone I worked with was so nice!
I had a lot of free time to study for classes. – less
My Summary
Student Worker (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARJuly 11, 2013
Performed administration assistant duties in the School of Education.
Fun workplace with kids
Student Assistant and Volunteer Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Fayetteville,ARJune 13, 2013
Camp counselor from 8am-4pm Monday - Friday. I taught kids ages 5-17 the fundamentals of football.
Long hours but provided opportunities to grow
New Student Orientation, Mentor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJune 4, 2013
Pros: freedom to handle situations
Cons: long hours
Long hours, start at 6am and continue to work until 1130pm or later. Ability to talk to incoming students about concerns. Help with class registration which built relationships with advisers at the college.
Great Univiversity, great town, wonderful fansl
Head Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJune 2, 2013
Great leadership that hires staff and allows them to do their jobs and expects nothing short of conference championships and more.
GOOD
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), NEW ORLEANSMay 27, 2013
enjoyed working there enjoyed the relationship building that occurred. knock out by th e real estate bust
a great learning experience and convienently on campus
Library Technician (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARMay 15, 2013
I like working at the on campus library and learning about something I knew nothing about before.
Very enlightening and fulfilling work experience.
Library Specialist (Former Employee), Special Collections DepartmentMay 14, 2013
The Dale Bumpers Senatorial collection consists of about 1500 boxes. A typical day consists of gathering the materials, consolidating the similar items, and coming up with a comprehensible description in the Excel finding aid, so as to make it accessible to researchers, and also translating the data from excel to an HTML format, called EAD (Encoded – more... Archival Description). Working on this project has taught me many aspects of the legislative process, on top of how to organize data in spreadsheets, and the basics of HTML coding. This is a team-oriented project so it has also been a good experience to work productively with my co-workers. The hardest parts of the job would have to be the tedious duties, like sticking labels on folders. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things about history everyday. – less
Productive and Fun place to work
Report Writer (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARMay 13, 2013
Positive atmosphere and great place to work. Management is supportive of their employees and encourage teamwork. Co-Workers are supportive, very friendly and go out of their way to help you exceed at your job.
Overall a very good place to work.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 3, 2013
Pros: work life balance.
Cons: compensation.
Overall a very good place to work. Although compensation is on the low side, much is made up for with benefits and work life balance.
Lots of opportunity to gain experience
Pine Bluff Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee), Pine Bluff, ARApril 29, 2013
Pros: keeps you on your toes
Cons: a lot of work for only one person
I begin at 7am and treat athletes of all sport for any incurring injuries. I then go and teach various classes at the undergraduate level. I return to the athletic training clinic and prepare for afternoon practices and attend practices until they are finished.
Great small office feel, with big potential
Learning Specialist Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARApril 21, 2013
This job gave me experience in learning how to work with different learning styles and managing time and resources effectively. During this time I also learned about upper management and the hierarchy of a management position.
_
Communication Skill Center Intern (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 5, 2013
Love working with clients
Was able to edit papers and work with students on their communication skills.
I was able to apply my communication skills to teaching classes.
Educational environment.
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARApril 3, 2013
Pros: health benefits, holidays off.
Camaraderie among colleagues. Consistent work environment.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARMarch 30, 2013
The department is like a family. It is small, and everyone is very cordial and fun to work with. Everyone is excellent at what they do, and the department as a whole is very productive in producing analysis in the area of education policy. A relatively new department, it is quickly on the rise.
Office Assistant/Education Department (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 21, 2013
The center was a very productive place. i was able to help assist the students and the staff that fluctuated in and out of the center on a daily basis. I enjoyed my time working here as I discovered a love of reading due to the many wonderful literary selections!
beautiful City and University
Administrative Specialist I (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARMarch 17, 2013
Pros: beautiful area
Cons: low pay for administrative/clerical positions
Take your time to enjoy the campus and the Ozarks. It is well worth the effort. The University, however, offers substandard pay for its administrative staff.
Great first experience in educational environment
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 11, 2013
Pros: had a great mentor as a department head
Cons: position was temporary
I really learned a lot about myself during the first course I taught here. I thought I had appropiate communication skills up till then. I assumed the students knew the fundementals and quickly realized that many had never visited a construction site much less knew any craft skills.
Miss it
Events Coordinator (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARMarch 4, 2013
This was truly a family working together for the benefit of the department.
Fantastic Experience
Study Abroad and Incoming Exchange Coordinator (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARFebruary 12, 2013
The best part of this job is getting to meet so many interesting people.