University of Arkansas

University of Arkansas Employer Reviews

Faculty Assistant in the University of Arkansas Quality Writing Center
Faculty Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARSeptember 11, 2012
Like most people fortunate enough to work in the Quality Writing Center, I enjoyed working with a group of people who were extremely professional yet fun loving. The management (co-directors) let the employees know what was expected of them and then let them do their required work. The Co-Directors were competent people who hired competent people or – more... at least people who they trained to be competent--and because of this trait, the Co-Directors were excellent leadership role models. Added to this positive experience is the fact that my co-workers were all amazing people who were working in the Center and taking classes (just as I was). Some were taking and teaching classes, also, so I saw a variety of co-workers finding creative solutions to scheduling and other employment issues. I feel like the benefits of working in the QWC far outway the low monetary compensation I (and all of us who worked there) received during my employment there. – less
It's grad school.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARAugust 29, 2012
Expect to work a lot! You can have fun with your fellow graduate students. The professors are a mixed bunch. Overall, not too bad.
Informative Information/Introduction in Division I Athletics
Managed Student-Athlete (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARAugust 16, 2012
Pros: exposure to division i athletics
Cons: minimal pay
For a typical day at work, I would come in and set up modalities and athletes would come in if any treatment or rehabilitation was needed, any pre-game/practice taping/bracing would be done and practice or the game would be covered. I enjoyed the management coaches and athletes that I worked with I learned many things about the policies and procedures – more... within the NCAA. The most enjoyable part of my job was being around the athletes and being able to not only help with physical injuries, but with other problems. The hardest part of the job would be sometimes identifying injuries and compromising with coaches to figure out what the best method of treatment would be. – less
I loved this job!
Clerical Support (Former Employee), Pine BluffAugust 15, 2012
Pros: working with new people and meeting different students
Cons: n/a
I would go to work and and work with different staff members of the recruitment office. I would answer phone, make mailing packets and give tours. An if we wasn't busy i would have down time to finish any homework i didn't finish the night before. I learned how to use the fax mechine, answer phones, and do tours and learn campus history.
My management – more... was amazing. My co-works where all amazing also and very helpful. There was really no hard part about the job. I enjoyed everything. – less
great school to work for
Financial Aid Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJuly 22, 2012
i had an overall good experience, and learned great problem solving skills
Moderate academic, and stimulating graduate studies
graduate student (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ArkansasJuly 22, 2012
Pros: the knowledge i got
Cons: the relation to the noacademic functions
The research opportunities were limited, but the teaching opportunities were good. Management was mediocre.
Great university atmosphere.
Percussion Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJuly 7, 2012
I attended school full-time while working as a full-time graduate student for the school of music and marching band. I worked many 12 hour days, usually never less and than 10 hours a day. The work load was enormous and rewarding. I dealt with many bosses and educated hundreds of students on a daily basis, while maintaining a 3.9 GPA.
Accounts Receiveables (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARJuly 2, 2012
Great working environment, mixture of slow and fast pace at times, very opposite of corporate world
Great learning experience in the field of research.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJuly 1, 2012
Pros: challenging, exciting learning opportunity.
Cons: the only compensation was course credit.
I very much enjoyed learning the ropes of psychological research. My supervisor and adviser were very helpful. The lab itself was small and personal. Even the research assistants were able to give feedback and impact the direction of the research. At the end of my work here, I feel very prepared to move on in my career.
A nice place to work, the people are great and easy to work with
Printer/folder operator/manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJune 28, 2012
I had the freedom to learn new things
Management let you work at your pace as long as the job got done
All of my co-workers was great and easy to work with
there was times when there was nothing to do and we had to look busy
I love to be busy all the time
I was able to schedule maintenance and order parts
Very nice place to work and great people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, Arkansas ยท 72701June 11, 2012
Did survey research at the workplace with 12 other workers and learned how to serve the client with utmost respect at all times. The hardest part of the job is going to work after college Studios.
productive and fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARMay 30, 2012
I was working as a teaching assistant, and the hardest part of the job is sometimes the lab I teach is not related to my major. However it's also the amazing part of the job because in this case I would be pushed to learn a lot in a short time.
a relaxed easy-going and fun job to network and develop new skills
Office Assistant/ Work-Study Student (Former Employee), Pine Bluff ArkansasMay 17, 2012
Pros: flexible, learning new tasks, great interactions, networking, helpful staff
Cons: work-study job, limited pay, non benifits job, slow and tedious, no backup, not a lot to do
i learned alot about office work. i enjoyed working with students and faculty. My scheduling was very flexible to my classes. The Chemistry staff was really nice and i was not overwhelmed with a huge amount of work. The hardest thing was the tedious job of sitting at the front desk waiting to assist but i loved working as an Office Assistant.
Pretty Good
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARMay 1, 2012
Fairly laid back, plenty of help with anything that I couldn't figure out on my own
university of attendance for LVN/ Rn
Internship-Saint Edwards Medical Center/ clinical (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARApril 18, 2012
Pros: school
Cons: school
the school for nursing, became licensed as LVN and RN, N and RN
a GA position
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARMarch 22, 2012
as a GA, i am more like a student than an employee
nice people arounded
Productive and effective.
LPN (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARMarch 11, 2012
Pros: educational benefits, beautiful setting and location
Cons: short breaks
Working with a variety of concerns, diverse population, multi disiplinary team.