University of Baltimore

University of Baltimore Employer Reviews

Collaborative environment with excellent service provided to their patrons
Reference Librarian (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 12, 2015
The variety of assignment and research lends it self to making each day new and exciting. Every staff member brings something new to the table and each are a pleasure to work with.
Administrator
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: proficient in training
Cons: location
Admissions, Registration, Financial Aid, filing, customer service and computer IT help. Microsoft programs on a daily basis, tracking of students, GPA, graduation dates, financial aid and loans.
law school basic curriculum
MD (Current Employee), baltimore, mdJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: i enjoyed the work
Cons: it was a lot of reading and a high stress competitive environment
attended all required classes and excelled in my own right. I learned a lot of valuable information on a wide variety of subject matters. I honed my writing ability and gained understanding for many aspects of the legal field.
Productive and Balanced Work Environment
Part Time Jobs During College Enrollment (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great people, opportunities to learn
Cons: long hours
The University of Baltimore's College of Public Affairs provided me with an excellent opportunity to learn more about my university while working for a well known accredited institution. A typical day at UB's COPA (College of Public Affairs) involved organizing file cabinets containing information on faculty and adjunct professors, maintaining the dean's itinerary, and updating his monthly calendar. My co-workers always maintained a professional and positive demeanor.
Small urban college with multiple avenues of career development
Campus Card Program Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 5, 2014
UB is a great place to work and grow as a professional. The small urban campus setting inside Baltimore City is ideal for students, faculty, and staff alike. The campus environment is professional and continues to expand both in size and skill sets available.
Just a job
Operations supervisor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 14, 2014
his is a good starter job, maybe while you are just in school and need a little bit of extra cash.
Great place to work within Higher Education
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), baltimore, MDAugust 13, 2014
Working in Student Affairs was a challenging and enjoyable time. Interacting with all aspects of the university was one of the major highlights.
Fun & Friendly Workplace
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 3, 2014
Great learning experience, Friendly people and work environment, Constantly growing and changing.
Strategic ways of guiding the tutees to improve themselves
Tutor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 28, 2014
Awesome experience in improving knowledge as well as helping the tutees to remediate their weaknesses.
Great learning environment
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 2, 2013
Pros: assess to an enormous amount of information from the past.
Cons: dust and dirt.
I enjoyed reviewing archived material, cassettes, film, blue prints, old books, documentaries and other interesting past items. I learned that history plays a huge part in the present and the future. The hardest part of the job was the dust and dirt(especially if you have allergies, or sinus), the most enjoyable part was seeing all the material that had been preserved over the years, and having it accessible to community to view. My co-workers were upbeat and enthusiastic, overall my job experience was a great one!
Productive and fun work place.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 15, 2013
Cons: short break
The day that is more significant to me was 10/25/2013, this happen to be my first day at work. My director welcome me after the welcoming familiarization she had to assigned me work immediately saying, "I had seen in your resume that you have experience in both research and administrative work", I learned that day that it is good to be committed to what ever one is doing, this is because that was what helped me that day, if i had not be committed to work in my previous jobs, i would have had problem in knowing what to do that day. The hardest part of the job was that she never introduced me to the system of the department but i had to do the work that day.

The most enjoyable part of it was that after that day, she was happy and told me that i am really a hard working person and ready to learn. She had to declare them give me free lunch.
Productive work place and very friendly co-workers
Development Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: discounted parking, off every other friday, get 2 weeks off for the christmas holiday with pay
My work day consists of opening, sorting and distributing all incoming mail for my department. Also i process all gifts for The University as well as perform data entry duties in the Raiser's Edgde database. I send out acknowledgements for all gifts recieved. Since working for University of Baltimore i have learned about fundraisers and how to get Alumni more involved with University. I have the privilige of working for The Asst. VP of Alumni and Donor Services, the Director of Annual Giving and the Asst. Director of Advancement Productions. My co-workers are really great to work with. They are team players and we assist each other to get things done in a timely manner. The hardest part about my job is saying no. I enjoy helping people and take pride in getting projects done. What i enjoy most about my job is helping wherever needed and making sure our office runs smoothly on a daily basics.
Provided helpful resources
Program Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 6, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no advancement
The position was part - time, a typical day consisted of checking and responding to emails about the center's programs/services, identifying programs to assist student business owners, reviewing details of upcoming events, writing material for marketing programs and events, meeting with the director of the Center when needed and managing the process.
A productive and unique work environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2013
Pros: excellent pay for students, great access to the university
Cons: temporary work, not full time
This job was both unique and rewarding; because I was not only working directly with the dean, but I also gained more insights into how my university works and functions. I was responsible for maintenance of the dean’s calendar and itinerary, organizing and planning special events, such as Advising and Registration day, which allows students to sign up for classes before the semester starts.
Great energetic friendly enviorment.
Athletic Supervisor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 25, 2013
Pros: working with various students and faculty.
Cons: the position was only for the spring semester.
logging intramural sports information and student athlete contact information, marketing to students of upcoming events through information booths, posters, and school events, also refereeing intramural sporting events. The management was very helpful and great took the time to make sure we understood everything, and answered all questions. The hardest part of the job had to be refereeing the sporting events and giving out team based performance scores, and the most enjoyable part would be getting to meet so many new people and talking to them.
Academic environment full of energy and vitality
ALC Computer Science Tutor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 26, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: demanding students
Great place to work and learn plenty related to computer sciences
Productive, upbeat work enviroment
Student Supervisor (Current) (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 22, 2013
Walk in turn all phones off of call forward, then I began to complete a fitness round which consist of me checking all the equipment in the gym facility to make sure everything is working properly. Then I come back in the job and start office work creating documents, planning events that are upcoming for the University. I'am in an fun environment filled with fun, but professional at all times my co-workers are easy to work with as well as my manager. There really isn't nothing to hard about the job, the fun part is mostly being able to help people, and educating them about how to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
great college
Student (Former Employee), studentApril 4, 2013
Pros: the staff is very knowledgeable
Cons: 63 mile drive from my house one way, no help after graduation
I learned a lot about the criminal justice program and what all is involved with the system. I wish they would put more effort into helping you find a job after graduation.
Workstudy Summary
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 3, 2013
Acted as an integral member of the Academic Resource Center team by assisting students and staff; Provided support services to students seeking tutorial assistance; Created and edited formal presentation materials, especially PowerPoint; Planned and organized orientation sessions and workshops.
Productive and fun place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 25, 2013
Pros: great management
friendly environment and great management
was convenience to work on campus while attending classes