University of Bridgeport

University of Bridgeport Employer Reviews

Around the world Experience.
Sr. Ambassador, The University of Bridgeport (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: people from all over the world
Cons: lot's of untapped potential
Short & Sweet.

Typical Day: I met a woman from the Kingdom of Mauritania. I had no idea this place existed before, but it does. At work; diversity makes it a day to look forward to majority of the time.

Lessons learnt: The word "Hello" in someone's mother tongue, lights up their world; especially during the first encounter. Not to mention, try their name, if you get it exactly how it's suppose to sound, great. If not, and you sound foolish saying it; do it with a smile and with an unsure look on your face. To that person, it is indeed the most sweetest sound to their ears.

Management: The word "challenge" comes to mind. Management pushes and challenges you. Testing your limits. Sometimes, management are also challenging to deal with. In any case, I'm either growing or growing. In both instances, I have a opportunity to improve myself.

Co-workers: Believe it or not, we are invested in each other's success and we encourage instead of discourage. We pride ourselves in lifting each other up, even if it means taking our relationship beyond working hours.

Hardest part of the Job: Dealing with the Boss, Me. I tend to think big picture most of the time, so the challenge for me while working here was to bring myself back and not get all caught up in our "Potential." My actual boss appreciates visionaries, but sometimes people like us, get carried away too easily.

Fun part: The Retreats of course! It's like a mini-vacation. Everyone get's motivated and we are overly EXCITED. Then we come back and channel that excitement; usually this is a very creative time and I enjoy when everyone works in sync.
Multicultural Setting
Assist the Director (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: experience
Working with students of many cultures on a daily basis. Working side by side in a group of co-workers make the flow of the work load easy. They are very acceptable and non biases to new ideas. One of the hardest part of the job was getting students to see your vision on programs, clubs and service learning to help them be marketable after college.
Physician Assistant Student
Physician Assistant Student (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTFebruary 1, 2015
The University of Bridgeport Physician Assistant program is a 28 month program. Being accepted into their program meant sacrificing many things in my personal and professional life as this was a career change for me. WIth my 10 years + of real world experience, I believe this program has prepared me to become a success as a future health provider.
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTDecember 3, 2014
I love doing this job, It taught me a lot about what I want to do after graduating college. I loved the people I worked with.
Productive Dynamic
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTNovember 26, 2014
The staff is supportive and energetic about their respective fields.
Fun place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTOctober 1, 2014
It's a great place to work with great people around you. I learnt everyday something different.
Decent business school but not highly reputable. Poor career resources and services. Over expensive tuition.
IRS VOLUNTEER INCOME TAX ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTSeptember 24, 2014
Pretty diverse environment. A lot of international students enroll each term. Decent scholarship programs make this expensive school a bit affordable. Decent faculty and teaching staff. Poor career services and limited reputation.
Fast-paced work environment
Executive Secretary to the Dean of Admissions (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTSeptember 18, 2014
I wouldn't say there really is a typical day at work as the work load and type can vary day to day/hour by hour. I've learned to go with the flow of things and new projects including new rushed deadlines etc. My primary responsibilities include but aren't limited to: answering/screening phone calls for the Dean of Admissions, entering meetings/conferences into shared calendar, process applications and supplemental items for domestic, international, graduate and undergraduate applicants.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping students resolve any issues as well as make sure their documents are processed in a timely manner. I also enjoy working with my fellow co-workers as we have built a family here in my 5 years of employment at UB. I
wonderful interactions with students.
Associate Director Student Assistance (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTAugust 4, 2014
A typical day at work: include overseeing the front desk staff, collections and cashiering functions, assisting with escalated issues and providing guidance necessary to provide financial information to students. Reconcile insurance and clearing receivables accounts, making appropriate accounting adjustments as necessary. Process and review student refunds and credit balance transfers. Manage registration, review and/or invoice third party vendor. Investigate and resolve depository discrepancies with Treasury and banks. Provide support with the operations of the Bursars’ Office. Support students with the Financial Aid process and Verification.

What I learned: University of Bridgeport has a diverse international population. I learned so much about verbal and non-verbal communication while assisting students during my years of service.

Management: the management position had a high turnover rate.

My co-workers: where always helpful and we shared a sense of teamwork as our dept goal was to create a “one stop shop” for the students.

The hardest part of the job: was the lack of support and or acknowledgement from the administration.

The most enjoyable part of the job: assisting the many first-time generation students through the process to help them maintain their goal of graduating.
N/A
Physician Assistant Department (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTJuly 30, 2014
The staff was very diversified. The most enjoyable part was that I got chance to work with diversified culture.
Productive place
Adjunct Faculty/Jr Lab Enginner (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTJune 21, 2014
Learned lots of skills from here, which i can use for whole life.
University of Bridgeport
Professor (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTJune 16, 2014
Pros: diverse work environment
The University of Bridgeport offers a diverse, interesting, and challenging work environment. The University, through its faculty and staff members, provides a great support system.
Fun work with the professor and student
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTApril 23, 2014
It is a great University and a great opportunity.
It can learn how to use ANSYS and use it to design the micropump, and use COMSOL to simulate and learn how the laminar flow become to the turbulence flow.
And to learn how to effect on it or avoid to affect it.
A great place
Graduate Assistant in the Psychology Department (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTMarch 13, 2014
During my day at the University of Bridgeport I work in the psychology department and I get to meet with different students. My job is to help them with anything they need help with ranging from helping them register for classes, to helping them understand material from class, or even just having them come sit down and talk about their problems. My supervisor is a lot of fun and helps guide me at anytime when I feel a little lost. She provides great feedback and we enjoy conversations that are not always work related. My favorite part is working with students and seeing them grow during their time at the University each semester. The changes you are extraordinary and amazing. I love working there.
Residential Life
Guest Relations Associate (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTFebruary 17, 2014
Overall okay place to work as a student. Great College of international and Public Affairs internships available.
A learning experience
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTFebruary 13, 2014
A have grown much from my experience here. I have learned skills that I believe will take me far in my career.
Enjoyable place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: environment, telecommuting
Cons: job security
This was an enjoyable place to work with great people. The management was approachable and helpful.
nice place to work
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTJanuary 18, 2014
learned a lot about computer lab management skills
enplenment in seveal projects and delieved well
IT department is better than the rest of the university
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Bridgeport, ConnecticutDecember 11, 2013
Not the best place to graduate from due to lack of Networking.
They put the money first then you.
Not Bad
Security Guard (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTNovember 3, 2013
I am a part time officer. There are always call outs which gives more opportunity to get hours.