University of Bridgeport Employee Reviews

Productive work
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 31, 2017
My job as a Graduate Research Assistant at the University of Bridgeport has let me experience the work in the research field. I have learned how to conduct academic and professional research and analyse different topics.
Part-time
Graduate Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 19, 2017
University has excellent academic as well as work culture for all students. Having worked with university Business Dean, I have learned great skills of time management, public relations, market research etc.
My role
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 12, 2017
Tutor fro the masters students. Teaching and helping them in CAD software and Analysis software. Handling the CNC machine. The modelling of models and the manufacturing processes under the guidance of Professor have done.
Ra
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 11, 2017
I think this was a great position especially if you care about . building relationships with residents. This job is full time and it really challenges you but you get to make an impact.
experienced a lot about US working with lots of fun and entertainment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 2, 2017
I work under the professor to assist his works and manage his works without any pay. i usually work for 16-20 hours/week because i got to see my classes and assignment. I learned a lot being under professor, management skills and subject.
Pros
environment, culture, work
Cons
long assisnments, short time
good
Student (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 27, 2017
good university to study as well as great professors well-trained faculty. The latest technology is being used. it is a good university to join in the bridgeport.
Professors are fun
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 19, 2017
Although there is a lot of work to be done, and at minimum wage this job allowed plenty of time to study and get to know professors while working alongside them!
always interesting
Network Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 18, 2017
It was never boring or dry job for me because the management was always very supportive and encouraging. Every task was very interesting and challenging. I was very much happy with this place because loved the people, work and task assigned
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 15, 2017
The Graduate Assistant position, which was more of a scholarship, covered my tuition for the semester. It was a great learning experience and I would recommend it for anyone who has to opportunity to study at the University of Bridgeport!
Terrible place to work
Library (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 1, 2017
Faculty and staff really care. But Administration treats their employees with contempt. No real support from the executive leadership. Would not recommend.
Pros
Cons
Leadership
Summer program- great job
Writing Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 30, 2017
I worked for a summer program at UB and enjoyed it. The people who worked for the university were very friendly and helpful, and I found all the students I interacted with were great.
Great Management Team
University Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 2, 2017
Great place to work. Watching the college students grow through their college years is an added bonus to this great environment.The dining services give a great fresh and innovative diet and I am proud to be part of the team.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Music tv constant
A good entry level position for higher education professionals
Transfer Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 27, 2017
During travel season you are not in the office much, which makes a nice change of scenery. When in the office file review and meeting with students are top priority.
Pros
Fun and young atmosphere. Helping students daily.
Cons
Unpaid lunch hours you have to take. No formal feedback chain, and many "chefs in the kitchen"
Accountant assistant
Assistant for Director of Accounting (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 21, 2017
My typical work day was booking journal entries, reconciled General Ledger accounts, helping senior accountants and management. Special projects, other tasks and duties that may be assigned
Felt like home
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 18, 2017
Being so involved at the University of Bridgeport turned my home away from home my actual home. There was no such thing as a typical day at work. My job title as a Resident Assistant and Orientation leader had me on the clock 24/7. Yes I was a student but I was always around to help others whenever they needed me. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with my residents and getting to know them on a personal level. I learned how to meet deadlines and how to balance school work and extracurricular activities.
Pros
Free room and board as a Resident Assistant and connections with other departments
Cons
not enough benefits as a student worker
Good place to expand your knowledge
Student (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 30, 2017
You can be able to learn all specialization under one hood. Its a universal society where you can know traditions and respect other people. It has nice amenities to relax
Good Learning Experience
Graduate Assistant (GA) (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 3, 2017
It was a great opportunity working at University of Bridgeport. My first work experience at US soil and it has been great. My job profile is system administrator .
Very fun and flexible hour for students
Computer Lab Assistant and TA (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 1, 2017
Show up and do the specific task for the day, such as, set-up computer, help freshmen students with computer lab practice. Also I have to accommodate rooms for lectures as well as be part of grading assignments
adjunct
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMay 31, 2017
Last minute hire and they did not provide with the appropriate resources to teach. Student felt entitled to good grades without working for them. However, there were a few students that were really dedicated.
Hands on and Enjoyable experience
Sodexo Management Assistant Student (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMay 30, 2017
Everybody at work is diverse and becomes your family, you help them and they help you. You'll have your bad days, but everyone tends to keep each other's spirits up.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
More hours needed