University of Bridgeport Employee Reviews

Work and Enjoyment were part and parcel
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 1, 2017
The entire production of the company was dependent on our team from which a learnt innovation, critical thinking and leadership.
Management of our Firm was good
Productivity and team work
Athletics Department Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 6, 2017
A typical day at work was usual entertaining because we dealt with sports and I play soccer so enjoyed it. I learnt punctuality, team work and patience. The management was very understanding because I was allowed to make my schedule around my classes. My co-workers for the most part were always helpful and understanding. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet for the duration. The most enjoyable part was being able to be there to see the games.
Productive and Peaceful workplace
Employment Consultant, Student Employment Office (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 1, 2016
Working here in the employment office is great. We are the busiest in the beginning of each semester, and the work load is never stressful or too much. Once the busy time is over, and I've done all the work I need to do, I always have plenty of time to get school work done with a peaceful environment. Not to mention, the staff is wonderful!
adjunct professor
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 28, 2016
I worked at University of Bridgeport almost 3 year

Pros

Great work environment. Supportive supervisors. Get to learn a lot at the job.

Cons

No particular flaws. I was lucky enough to be offered this position and I believe it helped me for my career as Electrical Engineer

Advice to Management

Great Job.
Pros
Great work environment. Supportive supervisors. Get to learn a lot at the job.
Cons
No particular flaws.
Beautiful Campus
Financial Aid Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 2, 2016
Greeting students and parents daily. Making sure students/parents have the most up to date financial aid information possible. The best co-workers around, because they are all so knowledgeable in what they do. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with our students. The most enjoyable part of the job, is knowing you helped a family put their son/daughter through college!
Pros
Beautiful campus
Very Good University
Adjunct Professor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 18, 2016
Very good university multicultural, international and domestic university, Very nice student's activities.

The university is progressing and always improving.
Pros
Multicultural, International and domestic university
Unpaid position- certain aspects not available
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 4, 2016
Due to this being an unpaid internship, I cannot say much for Compensation/benefits or Job security/advancement. That being said, there's little I can say negative about working as a research assistant. Email communications were sometimes off-kilter, but only remotely, and had little to do with the condition of the job itself. I would go in, sit down, handle the data and plug it into Spss, do some research, and leave. It was calm, peaceful, and overall enjoyable, since while we were doing a relatively monotonous task, the atmosphere was cheerful.
The hardest part of the job was that if something went wrong in plugging in data, you had to pretty much go back to the beginning and start again. I had this happen once, and QUICKLY learned to not let it happen again.
The most enjoyable part was definitely the people I worked with. They made a normally boring, slow task enjoyable, and I had a lot of fun doing this work.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, enjoyable people
Cons
Spss is very unforgiving of screwups.
Very productive
EQUIPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 25, 2016
I would work soccer, basketball, baseball, softball, and swim meets. You were eaither filming, selling food and cloths, or a ball girl or time keeper. My co workers are amazing, management is amazing. There is really no hard part to the job, and everything is enjoyable about it.
Encouraging platform
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 17, 2016
I have received a great encouragement from my professor in achieving my goals. I have learned a lot of basic skills required to sustain in my field.
Lot of learning experience with great mentorship
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 5, 2016
The position of Graduate Research Assistant was of great responsibility where I helped the Dean of our Master's program in the course schedule and structure, also all the student records were kept updated using the database.
productive fun place to work at
orientation leader (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 24, 2016
amazing work environment , reliable co-workers , great management ,excellnt facilities, respectable working environment
review summary
Information desk student worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 7, 2016
Overall great experience. Learned how to professionally become organized with paperwork and documents. Work study job on campus. Learned how to perfect Microsoft.
Productive and Interactive
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 5, 2016
As an graduate assistant , It is a very effective place to learn and improve your skills in interacting with fellow students.
Working in international student services, you get to know a lot about different cultures and how they function in various aspects such as business techniques and their day to day life.
I always get the professor's favorite, he kept with the idea to modify the program, to be perfect.
Assist students (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 13, 2016
Source of inspiration is always difficult to get, but every time to find better inspiration to prepare and complete it, because I want to do better.
Pros
Patience, self-break effort, hand-sketch
Cons
misunderstanding
Great place to work.
Graduate assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMay 14, 2016
University of Bridgeport is a great place to work. It has a very diverse commuity, each representing their own expertise. All the professors are very good and friendly. Sharing of knowledge is what they believe in. You get multipe projects to work on and each project test students their knolwedge.
Pros
Friendly Professor, Good Projects
productive and fun place to work. great learning experience
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 18, 2016
Assisted professor in taking Lab classes, grading the class assignments and exams, Clarified doubts on course, helped student to understand concepts and mentored students on their course projects
Pros
great guidance
University of Bridgeport
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 12, 2016
University of Bridgeport gave me the opportunity to work while studying towards my MBA degree. The major related work was integrated into the MBA program. I could perform the research from home, and present the analysis in form of presentation.
Productive and Educational
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 11, 2016
A conducive and friendly educational environment
An opportunity to connect and interact with Brilliant minds, and a privilege to mentor students.
Diversity
Game Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 7, 2016
The diversity in this University helped me a lot when I got here of the first time. Knowing that there was people that talked the sam language as I do was really helpful.
Pros
Commodity
Cons
Less English
Great atmosphere
Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 17, 2016
I loved working here for 4 years. They children were always a pleasure to teach and help grow. I would work in an atmosphere like that again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Bridgeport. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2