University of Bridgeport Employee Reviews

Recreation Supervisory
Counsel students (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 2, 2016
Open and close gym
Reports sent to security daily
Wonderful staff
Hardest part is getting students to leave when the gym closes
Pros
Student engagement
Cons
Politically charged and no direction
Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 2, 2015
Former IT, never received a review or growth opportunities. Dealt with a culture of being "on call" 24/7 since we were all salaried employees. Constantly changing priorities made us a dept that was reactive and not proactive. Micro managing CIO with some technical ability but zero management skills. Had some great people I worked with but most were either moving on or had been worn down by UB's culture of chaos. You will be asked to do things that are unethical, huge amounts of gender bias that gets swept under the rug. If you issue a complaint, well.... don't count on HRs non-retaliation policy or you will find yourself in the same position I did. Wasteful and still heavily dominated in top tier management positions by the members of the unification church (cult).
Pros
Gives you higher education job experience
Cons
Shady people, low pay, long hours, no organization, illegal/unethical activity.
Team Trainer
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 16, 2015
Whole Foods is a great company to work for. They help you grow as a person, I learned a lot of the policies and procedures working as the team trainer.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks
Teamwork
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 15, 2015
My Supervisor was a true leader and I feel that without her the team I was a part of would have been a completely dysfunctional unit. She was amazing and will always command my respect.
Good workplace.
Catering Staff (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 3, 2015
I assisted as a wait staff in various occasions such as receptions organized on campus.
Also helped in arrangements before the event, delivering the food at the venue.
Productive and Challenging
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 13, 2015
As a Teaching Assistant, University of Bridgeport provides great opportunity which help to gain academic as well as industrial knowledge.
Acted as an adjunct professor.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 10, 2015
Was hired as an adjunct professor to teach contracts, criminal justice, torts. Had approximately 30 students in my class each semester.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 3, 2015
Nice working environment diverse working place and flexible and fun loving people to work with.And also people are flexible and more diverse
Pros
Coffee Machine
Cons
Healthcare
lab assistant
Biology Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 26, 2015
easy job usually you will be asked to do the job if you've taken the class which amkes things easier doing business in terms of payroll with the main offices were always easy and relaxed
Awesome culture while learning on a global scale
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 2, 2015
I got to work with incredible people from different parts of the world who came to the University of Bridgeport to further their education. The international community is strong and very active. I also worked with and learnt from some amazing local professors as well. Going to work everyday was a blessing as I got a chance to help students better understand their courses and just make that exciting student life one day better.
fun
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 28, 2015
Working at the University of Bridgeport is demanding and rewarded, You are challenged with many task, which at the end of it, is really rewarding and fulfilling. Am really glad and proud to be part of this community.
Pros
Team work is encouraging
Cons
No lauch
I had many superb colleagues, I enjoyed most of my students, the school politics were nasty
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 25, 2015
There was never a typical day. I had to multitask in every position. I learned a lot about human nature. The hardest part of the job was dealing with Theory X people. I had some great colleagues.
Pros
Good health insurance, free parking, some outstanding colleagues
Cons
not being reimbursed for my extensive traveling expenses, putting up with massive beaucracy, Having to produce a lote of worthless documentation.
Office Administration Position
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 3, 2015
The job was great as I constantly worked with the Vice President of Administration and Finance. I closely worked with both departments and played a crucial role in working on special projects as well as scheduling and taking messages for office employees. It was an ideal work environment because we worked as a team and coached one another whenever possible.
Flexibility in work schedule
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 26, 2015
excellent opportunity for career growth; challenging work environment; lovely perks (picnics, parties, sports tickets etc...)
Easy
Publicity Chair, UB Student Programming Board (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 16, 2015
Easy way to make money while in school. I was able to get school work done while at work. Great way to learn the face of residents and other building staff.
A way to understand and help other students
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 11, 2015
I was previously tutoring students with drawing in perspective and how to draft. I've learned that not many who entered the program knew how to draw and I took the chance to sign up to be a teacher's assistant to provide that help based on what I've already learned under the professor and my background knowledge. I was responsible for assisting the students throughout the lesson and made sure they got the most out of the class. The hardest part of the job was what made it enjoyable. I like helping those who wanted the help and open the minds of those who deep down really wanted to learn how to draw.
Pros
great experience
Cons
not much pay, huge class to teach
Student
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, ConnecticutApril 12, 2015
Professors, advisers and all other employees are highly involved into their students lives and try to help when ever they can.
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 13, 2015
University of Bridgeport has great atmosphere to work in. Student and staff work unite to achieve goals and develop a learning environment for the students.
fulfilling, challenging and informative
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 14, 2015
meeting with the professor and review tasks to be accomplished on any give day. I often researched various issues and sat in as replacement in the classroom.
Around the world Experience.
Sr. Ambassador, The University of Bridgeport (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 2, 2015
Short & Sweet.

Typical Day: I met a woman from the Kingdom of Mauritania. I had no idea this place existed before, but it does. At work; diversity makes it a day to look forward to majority of the time.

Lessons learnt: The word "Hello" in someone's mother tongue, lights up their world; especially during the first encounter. Not to mention, try their name, if you get it exactly how it's suppose to sound, great. If not, and you sound foolish saying it; do it with a smile and with an unsure look on your face. To that person, it is indeed the most sweetest sound to their ears.

Management: The word "challenge" comes to mind. Management pushes and challenges you. Testing your limits. Sometimes, management are also challenging to deal with. In any case, I'm either growing or growing. In both instances, I have a opportunity to improve myself.

Co-workers: Believe it or not, we are invested in each other's success and we encourage instead of discourage. We pride ourselves in lifting each other up, even if it means taking our relationship beyond working hours.

Hardest part of the Job: Dealing with the Boss, Me. I tend to think big picture most of the time, so the challenge for me while working here was to bring myself back and not get all caught up in our "Potential." My actual boss appreciates visionaries, but sometimes people like us, get carried away too easily.

Fun part: The Retreats of course! It's like a mini-vacation. Everyone get's motivated and we are overly EXCITED. Then we come back and channel that excitement; usually this is a very creative time and I enjoy when everyone
  more... works in sync.  less
Pros
people from all over the world
Cons
lot's of untapped potential

4.2