University of California, Irvine Employee Reviews

A Vital Learning Experience
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 4, 2016
My initial lab experience consisted of executing titrations and basic acid/base reactions. Chemical disposal classes were interesting, and consisted of potentially life-saving facts.
Fun, Interactive
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 7, 2015
I love working for UC Irvine. It gives me the opportunity to grow and to learn without putting my school aside. I also get to built great relationships with full time staff as well as other students who work with me. We all get along and we are there to help each other--we are a big family.
I've learned a lot from the lab
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 1, 2015
I had a fun time during working in the lab, I have learned a lot molecular research such as protein purification and dialysis. I also learned how to detect the activity of a enzyme. My coworker was very patient and kind, we got along with each other very well.
Great graduate program
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 14, 2015
I really like the chemistry graduate program here. The faculty and staff are very helpful. Great housing and health benefit is provided.
Pros
Great program with many devoted professors.
Cons
Hard to get in
Great University with a involved college culture
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 2, 2015
The University of California Irvine was not my first choice in education but it quickly became the best decision I could make. The involvement of the students was inspiring and the faculty were at the top of their field.
Pros
Amazing professors and faculty
Cons
Not much weekend life
As a grad student, I liked it there.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 10, 2015
For the most part I don't have many complaints about my time here. Its a great place to do science and the atmosphere of collaboration is a great asset.
Post doctoral scholar (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 29, 2015
Supervised three undergraduate students workers
Taught in vivo surgeries to graduate student and incoming postdoctoral scholar
Crazy environment
Circuit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 27, 2015
There are many circuits to build and many to analyze. It got a little bit frustrating when analyzing the circuits.I learned to use excel proficiently as that is what you use to record all your data.
Good opportunities for work, not many for advancement
Medical Physics Post Doctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 27, 2015
The work is very exciting and relevant to the medical field. We have the opportunity design new diagnostic equipment/software. The management is more focused on the commercial aspect of the work, as such progress can be slow. Most of my colleagues have left because there is little chance to advance in the field here.
Productive and fun working at UCI
Research Associate IV (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 13, 2015
Clinical trial research coordination, patient interaction, data analysis, manuscript writing, abstract submission, and attending conference were part of the life, loved it!!!!
Pros
Very Productive
Cons
Compensation is small for researchers
a challenge
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 13, 2015
Not many opportunities for advancement and management could be upgraded. The company provides a great benefit package. Have learned many financial attributes to take to another job.
benefits
Cons
no advancement within
Best Job ive had, Independent Work, Both Fun and Productive
Maintance Worker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 10, 2015
We actually had the opportunity to stay on campus for the time period of the job. My group and i would wake up at 8, pick up cleaning utilities, such as degreaser, mops, ect, and we would get a list of 6 dorm room 1-4 bedrooms each. Hard Work but the experience and pay was all worth it
Pros
Lived on campus for a week
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Great company to work at
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 21, 2015
I really enjoy working at this organization. Sadly, I am only contractual so I have to leave the company soon. I wish I could have stayed longer.

My colleagues are great to work with. My bosses are flexible with my schedule since I attend grad school full time as well. They are very supportive with my education so that is something I am very grateful for. I could not have finished my first year of grad school if they weren't emphatic with my situation.
good place for education
understanding employer
flexible schedule
UC
Hardware Digital Desgin (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 2, 2015
The environment of UCI is great but the cost on rental is super expensive around. About classes, professors aren't that helpful because there are just some many students. So it is up to the student, he or she has to spend a lot of their personal time in study toward successful.
Free and creative working environment
Graduate Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 27, 2015
As a graduate student researcher, my typical day is a composition of advanced courses, research and paper writing, communication with professors and chatting with other PhDs. The best part of the work is that we have the chance to meet with excellent researchers and get inspired by them everyday. The most enjoyable part of the work is there are two Starbucks on campus.
Pros
flexible working schedule; high quality courses
Cons
relatively low income than full time job at industry
Same as Univ. of California, Irvine
Graduate Student Lead Researcher (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 21, 2015
Very good university for the right advisor-advisee fit. Outside of that, the support from the graduate advisor is second to none as is the caliber of students and researchers conducting the work.
excellent patient care and great team work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Great employee to work with. I have learned a lot of new skills and coordination, learned how to deal and support cancer patient, the hardest part of the job when I lose any of our patient after being working and helping them through their disease process. The most enjoyable part of the job, working as a team work to assist and satisfied patient during their treatment.
Pros
great team work
Cons
busy place
producitve and work friendly.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Starting time would be at 5 in the morning, each day would be a different building in the university. learned alot of new methods on how to properly clean each building and what chemicals to use. Each week i was about to learn section of the school.
Pros
pay, coworkers and management
Nice place to work
Assistant Project Scientist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 31, 2015
Nice place to work to enrich skills and learn different technologies which considered an asset. The work culture, befits all are good.

4.3