University of California, Irvine

University of California, Irvine Employee Reviews

Good opportunities for work, not many for advancement
Medical Physics Post Doctoral Researcher (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 27, 2015
The work is very exciting and relevant to the medical field. We have the opportunity design new diagnostic equipment/software. The management is more focused on the commercial aspect of the work, as such progress can be slow. Most of my colleagues have left because there is little chance to advance in the field here.
Productive and fun working at UCI
Research Associate IV (Supervisor) (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Very Productive
Cons: Compensation is small for researchers
Clinical trial research coordination, patient interaction, data analysis, manuscript writing, abstract submission, and attending conference were part of the life, loved it!!!!
a challenge
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Orange, CAMay 13, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: no advancement within
Not many opportunities for advancement and management could be upgraded. The company provides a great benefit package. Have learned many financial attributes to take to another job.
Best Job ive had, Independent Work, Both Fun and Productive
Maintance Worker (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 10, 2015
Pros: Lived on campus for a week
Cons: Short lunch breaks
We actually had the opportunity to stay on campus for the time period of the job. My group and i would wake up at 8, pick up cleaning utilities, such as degreaser, mops, ect, and we would get a list of 6 dorm room 1-4 bedrooms each. Hard Work but the experience and pay was all worth it
Great company to work at
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 21, 2015
I really enjoy working at this organization. Sadly, I am only contractual so I have to leave the company soon. I wish I could have stayed longer.

My colleagues are great to work with. My bosses are flexible with my schedule since I attend grad school full time as well. They are very supportive with my education so that is something I am very grateful for. I could not have finished my first year of grad school if they weren't emphatic with my situation.
good place for education
understanding employer
flexible schedule
UC
Hardware Digital Desgin (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 2, 2015
The environment of UCI is great but the cost on rental is super expensive around. About classes, professors aren't that helpful because there are just some many students. So it is up to the student, he or she has to spend a lot of their personal time in study toward successful.
Free and creative working environment
Graduate Student Researcher (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: flexible working schedule; high quality courses
Cons: relatively low income than full time job at industry
As a graduate student researcher, my typical day is a composition of advanced courses, research and paper writing, communication with professors and chatting with other PhDs. The best part of the work is that we have the chance to meet with excellent researchers and get inspired by them everyday. The most enjoyable part of the work is there are two Starbucks on campus.
Same as Univ. of California, Irvine
Graduate Student Lead Researcher (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 21, 2015
Very good university for the right advisor-advisee fit. Outside of that, the support from the graduate advisor is second to none as is the caliber of students and researchers conducting the work.
excellent patient care and great team work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Orange, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great team work
Cons: busy place
Great employee to work with. I have learned a lot of new skills and coordination, learned how to deal and support cancer patient, the hardest part of the job when I lose any of our patient after being working and helping them through their disease process. The most enjoyable part of the job, working as a team work to assist and satisfied patient during their treatment.
producitve and work friendly.
Custodian (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: pay, coworkers and management
Starting time would be at 5 in the morning, each day would be a different building in the university. learned alot of new methods on how to properly clean each building and what chemicals to use. Each week i was about to learn section of the school.
Nice place to work
Assistant Project Scientist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 31, 2015
Nice place to work to enrich skills and learn different technologies which considered an asset. The work culture, befits all are good.
Excellent Grad School
IoT - BLE Tagging and Localization – Project (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Good curriculum that gives balanced knowledge of theory and practice.
Relaxed work environment with the ability to interact with students
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 23, 2014
Typical day consisted of advising students that had questions or concerns about their degree or program. The flexible work schedule allowed me to still pursue my educational and personal goals.
Great place to work while going to school full time.
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Irvine, CANovember 12, 2014
The faculty at UC Irvine is great. My daily objective is to assist the Academic Affairs, Office of the Provost, with administrative support to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the department and school.
Excellent
Design and Fabrication Engineer (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 16, 2014
Challenging and research-heavy. Depending on research area, items will depend on department.
It was a good experience.
Director/Grip/ for Digital Filmmaking Workshop (Former Employee), UC Irvine, City of Irvine, CASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch!
Cons: rude people.
I worked here only for a day because I was welcomed to see how their digital film shop worked. It was over dominated by people who didn't want you to help in fear of their job being taken away.
Ph.D. Student
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 11, 2014
I worked in a lab equipped with electrical engineering tools as well as chemistry and mechanical and biomedical engineering tools and devices.
The lab that I worked for and the research that I performed was very interdisciplinary requiring me to interact with different group of people and learning different aspect of engineering and science together.
Excellent place to work as a student.
Campus Telephone Operator (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: stress-free work, decent pay and hours, good management.
UCI is a great place to work part-time as a student. The pay is above minimum wage, the hours are generally flexible, and the management are always willing to work with students. Work is generally stress-free and often has a lot of downtime to allow for studying and assignment completion at work. Valuable skills and work experience are given to students while they finish their education, and some even go on to graduate and stay with the school for a career.
Great work environment that fosters community and individual development.
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 11, 2014
Pros: strong support team and leadership training opportunities
Cons: you live where you work/work where you live, therefore time management can be difficult.
The job of a resident advisor (RA) encompasses a variety of tasks. The position includes programming social and networking opportunities, creating eye-catching visuals to market community amenities to residents, and maintaining the safety of our community through enforcing policies and providing support and guidance.

RAs serve as a mentor for residents.The position truly requires responsibility and the ability to work independently. Working in an undergraduate community requires flexibility and adaptability. There are a lot of factors that can be out of your control, such as budget changes and changes in supervisors. This is why the positions require individuals that can be self-motivated and willing to take on new responsibilities.

1 2 3