University of California, San Diego

University of California, San Diego Employer Reviews

Great place for opportunities if you are willing to put in the work.
Superintendent, Mainenance (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: opportunities, good pay.
Peers are supportive, management is nurturing. is a fairly low stress place to work, pay is comparable to open market or slightly better.
great place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: be there is like you work with a families members because all member are there to help you
Cons: is a hard place to get a job.
I was a volunteer at the CCU for a year and I love to work with all the staff members, also I have many recommendations letter from them, it was the best experience of my life.
Job Security
Accreditation and Educational Outcomes Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: job security, benefits, autonomy
Cons: lack of ambition amongst staff
Working for UCSD was a great experience. The job security and benefits were amazing, and I had a great mentor (the Director of Continuing Music Education). She gave me great autonomy and encouraged me to act on my ambitions and ideas.

I loved the people, balance of work and life, job security and possibility for advancement, management, and the compensation and benefits were decent. The culture, however, did not seem to be the right fit. I got the sense that there was an indifference amongst staff workers. I wanted to see more ambition for improvement, and although I had a few I could turn to for motivation and inspiration, it seemed too few and far between.
Great research
Bioinformatics Scientist, Department of Medicine (Current Employee), La Jolla, CADecember 9, 2014
Hard working and enthusiastic scientists. Cheap and abundant entry level employees.
Laid back fun place to work
Information Technology Security Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 4, 2014
Pros: laid back, not micro-managed.
Cons: can get monotonous
Typical day is handling customer request (tickets), maintaining SaaS Patch Management Servers, and Intrusion Detection Monitoring. I get along well with my co-workers and management. The hardest part of the job is staying challenged, the most enjoyable part is finding a new challenge and tackling it.
Awesome job, enough said.
Graphic Arts (Former Employee), La Jolla, CANovember 7, 2014
Pros: great pay. great place. great organzation
Cons: n/a
Everything was great. No need to explain!

I learned to create art whenever they needed me to do.

Management were great including co-workers.

Enjoyable job beginning and end of the day.
Acquired hands on expereince
Financial & Decision Support Analyst (Internship) (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 4, 2014
I conducted different analysis of financial data and produced detailed reports and exhibits. I was required to utilize various computer applications to review a variety of financial transactions, and other corporate, business, and financial processes.
stable job with no opportunities to grow financially
Staff Research Associate II (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2014
interesting multicultural climate, multitasking type of duties, decent health insurance ( not too expensive)
No room for advancement
Senior Administrative Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 10, 2014
Cons: parking and pay
Its who you know and who's favorite you are. Compensation is not competitive and you must pay $90 for parking monthly.
Productive Work Place
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2014
UCSD was an amazing job, there wasn't one thing that I did not like about it. The HR team was amazing as well as other staff.
Productive and fun workplace
Seismic Outreach Director (Former Employee), La Jolla, CASeptember 24, 2014
Learned a great deal about teamwork. Management was nice, and all of my coworkers were fun. The hardest part of working was balancing school with work, but it was all an amazing experience.
fun and productive
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: very educational
Cons: no
loved working in a university setting enjoy the students and coworkers, they get the job done and I miss working for the University.
Job
Office Assistant (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAAugust 21, 2014
On campus job, worked part time while attending college full time.
Great place to work at
UCSD Geisel Library - Student Work Leader (Current Employee), La Jolla, CaAugust 8, 2014
It a great atmosphere and I would definitely want to stay if I hadn't graduated already.
Great workplace with lots of interesting opportunities
Chief System Architect (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: large employer, lots of opportunities, training and education
Cons: at times government red tape
UCSD has lots of departments with grants and projects for professional opportunities and in-system development. UCSD offers professional education and participation in trainings.

While salaries are not the highest in the industry given the academic, public and research background, the benefits are very competitive and workplace conditions are very good and UCSD protects their employees to a high degree.

It is very enjoyable to work in an environment with such exciting, cutting edge research and smart people.
Academic excellence
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Lead) (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAMay 14, 2014
Great place to study and gain research experience. The biology BS/MS program is highly recommended.
Loved working here
Executive Coordinator, Editorial Office Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 1, 2014
Pros: my supervisor was the best
Cons: tight deadlines
I worked for the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research and the Journal of Cell Biology. Very exciting job. Great boss and coworkers.
Worked as Researcher.
Programmer Analyst I - Office of Research Affairs (Current Employee), La Jolla, CAApril 9, 2014
Amazing Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAApril 7, 2014
Amazing Place to work in a college setting. Co-workers are very nice and the environment is aid back
Good
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAMarch 31, 2014
Good place to work. Long hours, but meaningful. Coworkers are excellent.

1 2 3 4