University of California, Santa Barbara Employee Reviews

Student Intern, Office of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAFebruary 10, 2017
Learn a great a mount of information and professionalism during my time as a intern. Great office work/life and great job environment. The ability to retain a great amount of detail is important but worth the work
Good job with wonderful benefits and job security
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 31, 2017
My boss and I got along wonderfully.
Job security is incredible.
Job slightly boring.
Mobility great
Guaranteed raises every 6 months
Certain departments better to work for than others.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Unnecessary policies, certain unions not great.
fun teaching
SKILLS High School Linguistics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Goleta, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Its a great program designed by the linguistics department. I enjoy teaching and creating projects for the High School students. It's fun and interactive.
Interactive Work Environment
Crowd Control (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAAugust 18, 2015
At the UCSB gymnasium, Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan hold their basketball camps there each summer. Our job was to make sure that outside people did not come on to the courts where the campers were playing basketball. My people skills developed as I had to talk with parents and direct them to their correct location. Also, it required immense professionalism as we could not take pictures or hassle Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, or any of the members of their party.
Educational Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAApril 6, 2015
My time at UCSB has opened my eyes to many future career paths and areas of study. I have thoroughly enjoyed working under the world renowned professors and taking advantage of the resources and opportunities I have been provided.
It's a nice school with great faculties.
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAFebruary 6, 2015
It's a nice school with great faculties It is a university, so I am not sure there is much to say about it. Nice weather and environment.
An academic job
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CASeptember 13, 2013
An academic job that introduces you academic writing, discipline needed in research and good conferences and networks
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
tight deadlines
Student Design Project
Professor Steve Laguette (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAMarch 11, 2013
Help design a mix-meter dispenser per weight measurement over volume measurement to eliminate discrepancies of airbubbles during injection process.
Great job for students
Front Desk Assistant - Media Equipment (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAAugust 31, 2012
Wonderful job for students as schedule is flexible and revolves around students' class schedules. School is made a priority. A fun environment to work in as most coworkers are peers and fellow students. Management is fairly easy going and very lenient with schedule changes.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
few hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of California, Santa Barbara. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6