University of California - San Francisco

University of California - San Francisco Employer Reviews

Great work
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 19, 2014
Extremely pleasant experience. Clean, efficient, and well organized facilities.
Excellent working environment
Family Nurse Practitioner Preceptor-ship residency (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 10, 2014
Nice and supportive staff members. Clinical trainings were well organized.
Great Benefits
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 7, 2014
Cons: location
I Love UCSF for its benefits and the way they treat their employees
Top 10 Hospital in the United States
Senior Lead - OBGYN-IVF and RFI Coordinator (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits, health dental
Cons: commute
UCSF is a great work place and has a lot of opportunities.
Unfortunately my department relocated to Emeryville, CA and the commute is too far as I live on the penninsula.
Wonderfully supportive workplace
Labor & Employee Relations Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: professional development opportunities
The collaborative work style and consensus driven approach creates an atmosphere where diversity of thought is welcomed.
Productive and fun work place
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 11, 2014
I think that working at UCSF has been a memorable experience because all of my colleagues helped me tremendously in understanding different aspects of BIology.
My days at UCSF
Post Graduate Researcher (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: city atmosphere, highly interactive environment, helpful colleagues.
Cons: expensive city living, inadequate compensation.
The density of brilliant researchers and physician scientists is probably one of the highest in the country at UCSF. The compact city campus allows for a constant churning of ideas and innovation. However, when I was there, mechanisms to protect ideas, worker bees, post-doctoral fellows were poor to very poor.
We founded a postoctoral scholar's association, – more... were able to get a designated administrator to oversee the postdoctoral population and architectured a nascent process through which interests of post docs could be protected and their concerns addressed. Many advances have been made since.
I learned the power of organization; how to work with the system to get your voice heard; how to achieve your goals not through confrontation but with effective dialogue; and the art of networking. – less
Working with patient's from all over the world
RN Staff Nurse II (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 5, 2014
Pros: the rn position in a clinic seemed very easy.
Cons: working in a small area with so many different personalities and moods was difficult.
Assessing the patient and attaining the patient's vital signs. Putting the information into the electric medical record. As the patient's arrive for their appointments the same is completed. Between scheduled patients, as a RN patients can be called, teaching material can be developed, review of abnormal test can be reviewed and ect.
Working with my – more... co-workers varied due to we were in a small area and people's moods varied.
The most enjoyable part of my job was taking care of sick patient's that were placed in the sick room for longer stays. – less
Great opportunity
Psychology Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 27, 2014
UCSF is a great site for employment. There are hardworking and talented co-workers. There is best of science and research infused when providing care to clients.
Great facility to work at with a beautiful view of San Francisco
Aquatics Instructor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 31, 2014
Cons: parking can be difficult
Overall UCSF is a wonderful University to work for. We have a 5 story workout facility that is given to all employees for free. There are 3 gyms we can attend in San Francisco. My co-workers are friendly and kind. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to make a difference in people's lives. A typical day at work includes meeting my students – more... on the pool deck, discussing our day play with the students, and getting to work in the pool. This includes going over safety skills and learning a new skill in each class. – less
Best Job to date
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: caring, professional, flexible office atmosphere
Cons: budgetary constraints made salaries stagnant
The Center of Deafness is now closed due to budgetary cuts. Working there was the best job of my life. My co-workers made every day a pleasure. There was never a day I did not want to go to work. Our clients appreciated the care all the staff gave. It was the epidomy of the perfect clinic.
A growing institution and room for advancement
Analyst for Department of Neurology (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: patients and employees are diversed
Cons: so many changes with the management and benefit packages
UCSF has great benefits and the patients are the best part about working here. However, parking is a pain and must be on the waiting list for years to get parking.
very nice experance
Desktop LAN Support Technician (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 10, 2014
I enjoyed working with these good people. The UCSF mission is "Improve health worldwide through innovative science"
Best Company to belong to!
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 7, 2013
Great awesome atmosphere equals Happy employees. Very diverse place. The Best place to get exposed to all complicated diagnosis, you will Learn everything....
Worst managed hospital I ever worked at.
Radiology (Current Employee), UCSFSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: learn things you won't see anywhere else
Cons: if you don't mind incompetent managers
Stay away from Radiology. It's a great place to learn the latest but there are way too many "chiefs" who have no business managing people. There may be a few people happy in the overall department but most are not and the number 1 issue you'll hear is how bad the management is. Good luck!

February 17, 2014

I agree. I've been in the radiology department over 7 years and it is the worst managed place I have ever worker. Management is incompetent and due to poor surveys by employees, they have all been going through training to learn to be better. The problem is the breed that works at UCSF isn't capable of changing so we are still stuck with their poor ability to manage people and resources. The "Peter Principle" is alive and well here. Also, when you have so many managers per subordinates, you wonder what the need is and can the money spent on their positions be better used elsewhere to make it a better place to work.

Great research environment with enthusiastic scientists
Postdoctoral employee (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 16, 2013
I conduct animal research. Design and execute experiments that are funded by the NIH. Troubleshoot, data collection and analysis using advance statistics software. Coordinate experiment with lab research assistants and students. I enjoy working with brilliant scientists here at UCSF.
relaxed but pay isn't the best
Research Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 2, 2013
relaxed but pay isnt' the best. management was good and most coworkers got along but culture of secrecy
IT Department, working with CMS server
UI Designer (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 23, 2013
Working with Cascade Server, updating school website, creating additional pages for website, customize HTML/CSS, working with Photoshop/Illustrator to create logos, banners for the existing site. I learned a lot from Cascade Server, how format and black works. The hardest part of the job is to being flexible to meet with everyone.
Amazing physicians
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 12, 2013
UCSF- San Francisco General Hospital is an incredible place for individuals who want to work in healthcare, and work with underserved populations. Helping those who need it most made going to work beyond fulfilling and never once did I wake up dreading to go to work. It is one of the greatest working experiences I've been fortunate enough to have.
Great place to work. Lots of diversity.
Administrative Assistant II (Student Health) (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 22, 2013
Pros: diversity, education advancement.
Cons: budget
UCSF is a great place to work, Especially if you like to work in a diverse environment. Normally there are great opportunities for advancement in careers especially in the education advancement department. UCSF gives you tons of opportunities to learn and grow. The only draw back that I have realized is budgeting. I have noticed that some jobs are being – more... cut due to budget. It is essential that one builds up seniority in the UC system to keep job security. – less

1 2 3