University of California - San Francisco Employee Reviews

Standard public university research experience
Associate Specialist, Step 3 (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 19, 2017
Having just come from Stanford, I may be spoiled. UCSF has all the same amenities, but they're just not quite at your fingertips. Often shuttle rides across town are required to access facilities, which is time-consuming and inconvenient.
No comment
Analysis V Supervisor Central Processing (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 15, 2017
It works for me at this time in my live UCSF is very accommodating and is a good place to work for ..........................................................
Pros
No comments
great
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 13, 2017
Up and down pace. Great working environment and helpful staff. Open to teaching and learning new skills. Treat employess with respect. Have many opportunities for career growth and personal development.
Pros
Always something new to learn. Great staff. Good working enviornment
Cons
can be slow paced
Excellent work environment
Clinical Nurse III/ Nurse Navigator Float (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 12, 2017
Extremely supportive nurse management group in the Cancer Center .
Knowledgable & supportive nursing co-workers.
Fun & lighthearted staff.
Interesting & cutting edge research facility.
A great place for faculty
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 7, 2017
UCSF is a great place for faculty. The commitment to staff is problematic. Staff are often excluded from opportunity including publication despite doing the lionshare of the work. But the benefits are great!
Great place to be a postdoc
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 5, 2017
The lab is good and projects appealed me a lot, so I am quiet excited about it. Have been to SF before and I absolutely loved it so the idea of moving there is fabulous.
Productive work place
Sr. Applications Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 30, 2017
Productive work place.
Life and Balance.
Professionalism.
Automated and Streamlined process flow.
Outsourced some IT functions to India to reduce cost.
Great environment to work.
Hospital Unit Service Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 23, 2017
I enjoy working with patients. I am responsible. I have a lot of patience and good customer service. The company care about their employee. Ucsf is one the best hospital. I am proud to work for this company.
Great place
Certified Medical Dosimetrist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Great place to work. Wonderful team we have. Management is great to work with and easy to discuss any issues with and open to suggestions. Work life balance is great.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Nothing as of yet
Researcher (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Good colleagues. There is flexible schedule for doing research. Good seminars and access to lots of state of the art facilities. Good for generating collaborations.

Want to know more about University of California - San Francisco?

Ask a question
Good company
Staff Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 12, 2017
I enjoy working as a research associate. I believe that this position is not payed enough to cover basic needs (1 bd apartment rent, food, transportation, etc.). Benefits are great, management also. It depends of you how much you will expand your knowledge and skills. There are a lot of very smart people, great environment to be if you are starting your career.
Pros
Great and smart people
Cons
underpaid
productive and a fun place to work
Certify Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 12, 2017
its a nice place to work. They are friendly to everyone regardless of one's race. They taught me things I already know on how to care for patients, which I really appreciate. They give long break time, as a matter of fact they give one hour break period. I left the hospital not because of them, but because of the company that sent me there.
Pros
long break period
Cons
alot of work
Fast paced environment
switch board operator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 8, 2017
managing a multi line phone system, I learned to double check work before submitting, while dealing with multi line systems, it was a very diverse work environment. The hardest part about the job would have been some of the intense callers we've received; The most enjoyable would be providing excellent customer service.
Pros
Learning Medical Terminology
Cons
Maintaing codes as well as proper terminolgy working in a Call center setting
Life Balance
Sr. Application Developer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 2, 2017
UCSF provided a good Life balance. Everyone is respected. Friendly atmosphere. Knowledge sharing encouraged. Communication is encouraged. Provided telecommuting one day in a week. Provided Retirement/Pension which is very good. Salary is in the low range. But if combine the salary and the pension together, pretty decent. :)
Pros
Life Balance
Cons
Could not find any
Large Medical Center and Research Center
Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Very good place to work, one of the top medical centers in the world. Good work life balance and sensible management. Moves a bit slow. Compensation slightly below private sector for same role. Generally a good place to be.
Fulfilling work but severely underpaid and overworked
Program Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 29, 2016
Staff is typically expected to accommodate a variety of different tasks. This can make the job challenging and fast-paced. However, this also means that there is a grey area as to what is your job and what is not. UCSF bureacracy often makes simple tasks such as reimbursements and ordering supplies difficult and time-consuming.

UCSF employees share a passion of conducting innovative and mission-driven research, which is perhaps the most enjoyable aspect of the job. Staff contributions are often overlooked since their work is often behind-the-scenes. Faculty are not well-trained in managing people so considerations for promotions and career advancement are often on the back-burner of priorities.
Pros
Mission-driven work, benefits
Cons
Underpaid, unrecognized
Great people, room for growth.
Unified Communications Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 25, 2016
- Ticket queue, IDF Cabling, VOIP Support

- Great management

- Down to earth co-workers

- Environment can be pretty hostile. (Doctors, Surgeons, etc.)

- Not your typical IT environment, can be a gift and curse on either day. You would have to be there to see for yourself.
Sr Custodian
Sr. Custodian (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 4, 2016
It's a very diverse group of people and very friendly... I love being a part of a place like this.. it's very easy to get along with Super intended ceo and others
Fun workplace
Assistant Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 8, 2016
Performing wet lab experiments. Sometimes have to be at work on weekend due to the nature of the job. Very friendly environment. Coworkers are very helpful.
The hardest part is to be self motivated to keep project going.
Enjoyable part is to do cutting-edge research.
Excellent hothouse of raw talent and ideas.
Assistant Professional Researcher (Former Employee) –  UCSFSeptember 13, 2016
Great institution built on the intellect of students and guidance of the faculty. I enjoyed working in this fast paced environmet with like-minded, driven individuals.
Pros
open communication between labs
Cons
the bay area is expensive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of California - San Francisco. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2