University of California - San Francisco Employee Reviews

Ucsf
Communications Specialist, Department of Urology (Current Employee) –  Mission Bay campusJuly 11, 2017
If you find the right department--don't leave! True sense of purpose with the added benefit of a pension after 5 years! It is wonderful to be surrounded by so many brilliant people.
Pros
pension
Cons
lower annual salaries
UCSF is an amazing research hospital
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 7, 2017
Working as a student research intern at UCSF was a fantastic experience. I gained a lot of valuable experience, in addition to being trained on multiple types of assays.
Wonderful
Senior AP Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 22, 2017
Love coming to work here. I've never worked with such amazing and caring people who always seem to have your best interest at heart. It is always a great time when coming into the office.
Pros
Working around future doctors
Cons
Cold on campus
Good work environment
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 14, 2017
UCSF is a non-project healthcare educational institute. Employees has good work environment and decent benefit. I been working in the research administration for 4 years and I have learned a lot with peers.
Nice people and opportunity to learn
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 31, 2017
I've learned a lot and my office has been great about professional development and teaching me about the field. Every office is different though. I like the people I work with.
Ambiente de trabajo serio y motivador
I+D (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CaliforniaMay 18, 2017
Unviersidad con una organización de recursos humanos brillante. Muy buenos profesionales en todos los ámbitos. Serios, formales, se tomaban en serio su puesto y motivaban y promovían el aprendizaje. Quizá demasiados imputs diarios, tanto que podía llegar a distraer tanta cantidad de eventos a los que se podía acudir.
Experiencia muy positiva también a nivel humano.
Estupendos compañeros

Una gran institución
Top Hospital
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 11, 2017
another travel contract...staff was courteous and knowledgeable.....SF is a very expensive city if you need to find your own housing...that was miserable...if you come here on a contract, arrange for your agency to find your housing
Pros
its San Fran
Cons
housing
Good life and work balance
Mid-Level Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 9, 2017
Depending on which location you work at, the cultural mix is great and you are exposed to so many different experiences. Great place to work. There are always training opportunities and city wide events all year round.
Standard public university research experience
Associate Specialist, Step 3 (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 19, 2017
Having just come from Stanford, I may be spoiled. UCSF has all the same amenities, but they're just not quite at your fingertips. Often shuttle rides across town are required to access facilities, which is time-consuming and inconvenient.
No comment
Analysis V Supervisor Central Processing (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 15, 2017
It works for me at this time in my live UCSF is very accommodating and is a good place to work for ..........................................................
Pros
No comments
great
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 13, 2017
Up and down pace. Great working environment and helpful staff. Open to teaching and learning new skills. Treat employess with respect. Have many opportunities for career growth and personal development.
Pros
Always something new to learn. Great staff. Good working enviornment
Cons
can be slow paced
Excellent work environment
Clinical Nurse III/ Nurse Navigator Float (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 12, 2017
Extremely supportive nurse management group in the Cancer Center .
Knowledgable & supportive nursing co-workers.
Fun & lighthearted staff.
Interesting & cutting edge research facility.
A great place for faculty
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 7, 2017
UCSF is a great place for faculty. The commitment to staff is problematic. Staff are often excluded from opportunity including publication despite doing the lionshare of the work. But the benefits are great!
Great place to be a postdoc
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 5, 2017
The lab is good and projects appealed me a lot, so I am quiet excited about it. Have been to SF before and I absolutely loved it so the idea of moving there is fabulous.
Productive work place
Sr. Applications Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 30, 2017
Productive work place.
Life and Balance.
Professionalism.
Automated and Streamlined process flow.
Outsourced some IT functions to India to reduce cost.
Great environment to work.
Hospital Unit Service Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 23, 2017
I enjoy working with patients. I am responsible. I have a lot of patience and good customer service. The company care about their employee. Ucsf is one the best hospital. I am proud to work for this company.
Great place
Certified Medical Dosimetrist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Great place to work. Wonderful team we have. Management is great to work with and easy to discuss any issues with and open to suggestions. Work life balance is great.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Nothing as of yet
Researcher (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Good colleagues. There is flexible schedule for doing research. Good seminars and access to lots of state of the art facilities. Good for generating collaborations.
Good company
Staff Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 12, 2017
I enjoy working as a research associate. I believe that this position is not payed enough to cover basic needs (1 bd apartment rent, food, transportation, etc.). Benefits are great, management also. It depends of you how much you will expand your knowledge and skills. There are a lot of very smart people, great environment to be if you are starting your career.
Pros
Great and smart people
Cons
underpaid
productive and a fun place to work
Certify Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 12, 2017
its a nice place to work. They are friendly to everyone regardless of one's race. They taught me things I already know on how to care for patients, which I really appreciate. They give long break time, as a matter of fact they give one hour break period. I left the hospital not because of them, but because of the company that sent me there.
Pros
long break period
Cons
alot of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of California - San Francisco. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2