University of California - San Francisco

University of California - San Francisco United States Employee Reviews

Educational and innovative
Disability Management Associate III (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 8, 2015
While at UCSF, the experience thus far has been great where innovation and development in health care brought me to utilize my skills and pursue higher education; to become a part of this great institution that not only cares about its employees, yet also about humanity.
fascinating environment
Project Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 7, 2015
a system dedicate to research and moving science forward. lots of exposure to research and health care developments. Generally, very professional and focused on patients and research.
Stressed
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 3, 2015
I am not happy to work here. Feel very stressed and no job security. I will definitely tell people to make everything very clear before you take the position of post doctoral fellow.
this is part of my program as a nurse practitioner
Training in Global Health (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Amazing collaboration in between health professionals
good training in global and public health
Good teaching hospital
Best research hospital I have ever worked at
Research Technician (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: research quality, clinical expertise, facilities, support staff, benefits, location
I have worked at several leading research hospitals as a neuroscientist. Compared to the competitors (e.g., Ivy League East Coast hospitals and the leading Midwest universities), I am certain that UCSF provides the best work environment of all, with modern facilities, renowned Nobel Prize winners, and efficient administrative support staff. I felt my colleagues were brilliant scientists with less ego and attitude than the East Coast professors. The seminars were top-notch and the work-life balance (e.g. benefits, gym facilities) for employees makes everyone happy to come to work. Teamwork and mentorship were valued and encouraged.
A Positive and Engaging Work Environment
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 19, 2014
-a typical day includes recruiting, screening, and running subjects followed by data entry, QA/QC, biosample processing
-less frequent activities include IRB and CTSI submission, study set up and initiation, report writing
-management is vital, and requires special attention
-positive interaction with coworkers
-hardest part are deadlines
-most enjoyable part is submitting the Final Report
Overall excellent for postdoctoral training
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 2, 2014
Great environment for collaborative and translational biomedical research. However, the pay is low for post-docs.
Great work
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 19, 2014
Extremely pleasant experience. Clean, efficient, and well organized facilities.
Excellent working environment
Family Nurse Practitioner Preceptor-ship residency (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 10, 2014
Nice and supportive staff members. Clinical trainings were well organized.
Great Benefits
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 7, 2014
Cons: location
I Love UCSF for its benefits and the way they treat their employees
Top 10 Hospital in the United States
Senior Lead - OBGYN-IVF and RFI Coordinator (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits, health dental
Cons: commute
UCSF is a great work place and has a lot of opportunities.
Unfortunately my department relocated to Emeryville, CA and the commute is too far as I live on the penninsula.
Productive and fun work place
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 11, 2014
I think that working at UCSF has been a memorable experience because all of my colleagues helped me tremendously in understanding different aspects of BIology.
My days at UCSF
Post Graduate Researcher (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: city atmosphere, highly interactive environment, helpful colleagues.
Cons: expensive city living, inadequate compensation.
The density of brilliant researchers and physician scientists is probably one of the highest in the country at UCSF. The compact city campus allows for a constant churning of ideas and innovation. However, when I was there, mechanisms to protect ideas, worker bees, post-doctoral fellows were poor to very poor.
We founded a postoctoral scholar's association, were able to get a designated administrator to oversee the postdoctoral population and architectured a nascent process through which interests of post docs could be protected and their concerns addressed. Many advances have been made since.
I learned the power of organization; how to work with the system to get your voice heard; how to achieve your goals not through confrontation but with effective dialogue; and the art of networking.
Working with patient's from all over the world
RN Staff Nurse II (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 5, 2014
Pros: the rn position in a clinic seemed very easy.
Cons: working in a small area with so many different personalities and moods was difficult.
Assessing the patient and attaining the patient's vital signs. Putting the information into the electric medical record. As the patient's arrive for their appointments the same is completed. Between scheduled patients, as a RN patients can be called, teaching material can be developed, review of abnormal test can be reviewed and ect.
Working with my co-workers varied due to we were in a small area and people's moods varied.
The most enjoyable part of my job was taking care of sick patient's that were placed in the sick room for longer stays.
Great opportunity
Psychology Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 27, 2014
UCSF is a great site for employment. There are hardworking and talented co-workers. There is best of science and research infused when providing care to clients.
Great facility to work at with a beautiful view of San Francisco
Aquatics Instructor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 31, 2014
Cons: parking can be difficult
Overall UCSF is a wonderful University to work for. We have a 5 story workout facility that is given to all employees for free. There are 3 gyms we can attend in San Francisco. My co-workers are friendly and kind. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to make a difference in people's lives. A typical day at work includes meeting my students on the pool deck, discussing our day play with the students, and getting to work in the pool. This includes going over safety skills and learning a new skill in each class.
Best Job to date
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: caring, professional, flexible office atmosphere
Cons: budgetary constraints made salaries stagnant
The Center of Deafness is now closed due to budgetary cuts. Working there was the best job of my life. My co-workers made every day a pleasure. There was never a day I did not want to go to work. Our clients appreciated the care all the staff gave. It was the epidomy of the perfect clinic.
A growing institution and room for advancement
Analyst for Department of Neurology (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: patients and employees are diversed
Cons: so many changes with the management and benefit packages
UCSF has great benefits and the patients are the best part about working here. However, parking is a pain and must be on the waiting list for years to get parking.
Loved it
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great opportunities for different types of work
Cons: couldn't keep me busy enough
I was the admin asst in a research lab where everyday was different. I learned that I was better at accounting than I thought. I loved my boss--and even after 14 years, we still keep in touch. Loved the people in the lab. Organized and ran 2 medical conferences offsite; worked with another AA to run research day every year for 9 years onsite.
very nice experance
Desktop LAN Support Technician (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 10, 2014
I enjoyed working with these good people. The UCSF mission is "Improve health worldwide through innovative science"

1 2 3