University of California - San Francisco Employee Reviews

Stage
Stagiaire (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoOctober 3, 2017
Journée de travail basique (travaux pratiques, recherches scientifiques, expériences etc...)
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 1, 2017
I arrived around 7 am to the call center. Helped customers with various issues. Such as outages, service interruption and technical malfunctions. Medium to high pace job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Stressful
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 28, 2017
Great staff to build amazing connections with. The environment is full of passionate staff and working towards the same goals. Great balance of life and work!
The New Mission Bay doesn't support their employees
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 26, 2017
Let me start by saying I learned a tremendous amount of knowledge working for the University of California, San Francisco and team ingenuity. However, once our Children's hospital moved to Mission Bay, it was about money, not upliftment of the Families we assist. Management is non-supportive and never become ill, if you have a disability that isn't usual, they will treat you unfairly.
Pros
Great Educational Experience
Cons
No support from Management
The research was really interesting, but the management is outdated
Assistant C linical R esearch C oordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 21, 2017
The research is really interested, but the PI and manager that I was working with is outdated and did not provide any additional growth or development.
Research
Lab Manager | Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 17, 2017
"From bench to bedside, the Department of Medicine focuses on generating knowledge from research that will alleviate human suffering through the prevention and treatment of disease."

UCSF is highly competitive and high paced. The research is fantastic and stimulating. The most enjoyable part of the position are the diversity of the people and the willingness to share ideas to further scientific research.
Where experts in biology are motivated and challenged
Lab Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 16, 2017
Volunteering in the UCSF Diabetes Center is a great way to learn and practice wet lab techniques in molecular biology. PhDs and Post docs are friendly and encourage interested undergraduate students to get involved.
Great place to expand your mind
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 7, 2017
UCSF is an university that focuses on healthcare. This is a great place if your focus is on learning and not on salary. Management can differ according to the labs and departments you're in
looking for advancement and growth opportunity
Coding Analyst II (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 6, 2017
Looking for career growth and expand my knowledge and experience with medical coding. Also would want to work in a more friendly work environment. Also having a back-up person would be ideal.
Pros
great manager
Cons
lack of raise in salary
Good place for a first job out of college.
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2017
Clinical research coordinators get valuable experience in clinical trials at the ground level. I got a lot of patient interaction both in the clinic and through remote follow ups.
Pros
Good experience for clinical research
Cons
low salary
great place to work
Principal Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 29, 2017
great place to work.some in house disagreements.workplace culture is average for a large company
some in house issues (not major)
Most enjpoyable is working on large important projects
Pros
big projects
Cons
in house issues
Ucsf
Administrative Assistant III /Buyer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 1, 2017
Great place to work. A lot of different cultures to interact with , great benefits and a retirement account for most employees. Great place for advancement and developing your skills. Great costumers skills required. In my department you had to order from different vendors for the supply center at Cell Culture Facility.
Pros
Great stable job
Very educational
Rotation Coordinator/Administrative Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 31, 2017
Excellent place to work and grow. Very immersed in neighboring communities as well as world wide. I highly recommend any affiliation with UC San Francisco.
Pros
Incredible work environment
Cons
Travel time to some locations can be taxing.
Hectic days that go by quickly
Senior General Ledger Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 30, 2017
My day starts at 7:00am and from the time I get into the office, it is non-stop work because there are many emails that are received that need to be addressed. I usually take a short break for lunch of 30 minutes which is my choice. Then after lunch I am back to my desk for the second half of the day. The days goes by quickly but there is a lot of stress as the business continues to grow.
Pros
A great boss and good benefits
Cons
Lots of stress
Best university in California
Project Manager, Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 28, 2017
This is a wonderful university with highly respected individuals. It is a great place to work if you are lucky enough to find a position. I retired after my grant ran out.
Job thoughts
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 26, 2017
A great place to work if you are in the right department! I day at work consist of checking emails for any coworkers that need computer support. The management was adequate.
Ucsf
Communications Specialist, Department of Urology (Current Employee) –  Mission Bay campusJuly 11, 2017
If you find the right department--don't leave! True sense of purpose with the added benefit of a pension after 5 years! It is wonderful to be surrounded by so many brilliant people.
Pros
pension
Cons
lower annual salaries
UCSF is an amazing research hospital
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 7, 2017
Working as a student research intern at UCSF was a fantastic experience. I gained a lot of valuable experience, in addition to being trained on multiple types of assays.
Wonderful
Senior AP Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 22, 2017
Love coming to work here. I've never worked with such amazing and caring people who always seem to have your best interest at heart. It is always a great time when coming into the office.
Pros
Working around future doctors
Cons
Cold on campus
Good work environment
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 14, 2017
UCSF is a non-project healthcare educational institute. Employees has good work environment and decent benefit. I been working in the research administration for 4 years and I have learned a lot with peers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of California - San Francisco. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2