University of California Berkeley

University of California Berkeley Employer Reviews

A great hands-on experience with biomedical devices while working in a laboratory environment.
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), BioPOETS LabJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: communication with bosses
I really enjoyed working in the BioPOETS Lab for Dr. Lee. I performed microfabrication of silicon wafers to mimic biomedical devices.I learned a lot about the bioengineering process and working in a lab. Lab safety was a priority. My co-workers were either undergraduate students or graduate students.
Great Place to work
Marketing Developer, ABO Optician (Current Employee), Berkeley, CADecember 28, 2014
Great place to work, good benefits, good people, managers are awesome. It is a rather fulfilling to work with patients and fellow staff.
Great place to work if you find your niche
Intern (Current Employee), Berkeley, CADecember 9, 2014
Pros: great work culture and coworkers
Cons: funding issues
The lab I worked in was very easygoing and collaborative in spirit.

The hours were flexible.
vase culture enviroment
C AMPUS T RANSIT MANAGER (Former Employee), Berkeley, CADecember 4, 2014
Pros: during the christmas holidays, the university closed down for 11 days with pay
Cons: medical coverage was at no cost to employee if you signed up with kaiser
Great place to work, they provided on-hands training associated with supervision,and management training, there was always advancement opportunities within the department and throughout the University System. My co-workers were very supportive, that's where I mostly received 80% of my training. The hardest part of my job was having to release an employee due to poor performance, not being able to meet there job standard. Most enjoyable part of my job was helping and training new employees, that reflected on me, my ability to train employee's
Human Resources at Howard Hughes Medical Institute
PERSONNEL ASSISTANT/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II (Former Employee), UC BERKELEYDecember 4, 2014
Pros: direct contact with students and great benefits
Cons: amount of paperwork to complete
The best part of this job is to meet new employees and conduct new employee orientations.

The hardest part of this job is to handle different visas (H-1, J-1, and F-1) for students.
High quality research
Postdoc Research Associate, Dep. of Chemistry (Current Employee), Berkeley, CAOctober 22, 2014
Extensive collaborations with both academic and industrial field;
opportunity to perform research on varieties of advanced instruments;
most collaborators are extremely smart;
the most enjoyable part of my job is the platform to meet with top scientists from all over the world
No Place I Would Rather Be Than Here
Research Associate (Current Employee), Berkeley, CAOctober 21, 2014
Working as an Undergraduate Research Associate is interesting and challenging. It requires some skills in data collection, quantitative analysis, and of course optimism that the data is out there somewhere.
UC Berkeley
Admin Assist/Purchasing, (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAOctober 16, 2014
It was a wonderful place to work but there was no room for advancement.
LOVED this JOB
Peer Counselor/Residential Advisor (Former Employee), Berkeley, CASeptember 22, 2014
Loved my time working for Experience Berkeley. On a typical day I'd work with a team in supervising and advising high school students on how to get into college and life on campus.
best experience of college
Peer Counselor & Social Committee Chair (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAAugust 20, 2014
so many emotionally intuitive people and the focus on empathy was very beneficial for everyone's lives in the competitive environment of school.
Excellent Experience , great place to work!
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPERVISOR & SPECIAL EVENTS MANAGER (Former Employee), College of Engineering Student AffairsAugust 5, 2014
Wonderful boss/Associate Dean. Wonderful co=workers, it was a very wonderful experience
Graduate Student Instructor
Graduate Student Instructor (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAJuly 10, 2014
As a graduate student at UC Berkeley, GSI positions were generally available and provided a satisfactory means to "practice" teach, learn new content, and gain a sense of the university classroom teaching experience.
Recruitment
Alumni Ambassador (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: working with students
Cons: non
As an Alumni Ambassador, I attended college fairs and worked directly with college bound students who were interested in attending UC Berkeley. I read personal statement, answer questions regarding admission requirements and financial aid. I was also responsible for assessing students needs as it pertain to pre-graduate advising.
Productive Nurturing and Respectful environment
Undergraduate Student Advisor (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAJune 10, 2014
The right conversations are being had- bringing attention to the different factors that affect someone's education.
Great environment but not pay
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAJune 4, 2014
Depending on what division and to whom you reported the experience at Berkeley was very different. Lovely atmosphere overall - energy and multiple learning opportunities.
Good place to study
Celiac Disease Class Instructor (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAMay 30, 2014
Hard but very educational. School work was stringent and tough but I left with a very solid education that should be able to support me in my professional life.
Exciting and Intense!
(BSC) - Ad Com Representative (Current Employee), 2422 Ridge Rd.May 24, 2014
The Administrative Committee is composed of twelve representatives from the non-profit BSC, which collaborate bi-weekly to discuss and vote on appeals to BSC administrative policies on case-by- case basis.The most enjoyable parts of my job involved active listening, questioning, researching bylaws, and policy revision analysis. The hardest part of the job was conforming to certain agreements.
Great
Research Specialist (Current Employee), Berkeley, CAApril 12, 2014
Pros: fulltime gets medical, vision, dental coverage. great pto arrangement
Cons: disappointment when your experiment doesn't work after weeks of work
The most lovely people work here. A typical day at work depends on the project you're working on and if you work with animals or not. Everyone here is always willing to answer questions and provide support. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexible schedule and of course the people!
Excellent teaching pedagogy.
Legal Writer (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAMarch 25, 2014
If one desires an intellectual engagement of the mind, then take on any profession within Berkeley, only the strong minded survive.
typical starting job
Summer Senior Custodian (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: had to buy your own work equipment
get ready to see animal blood by a lot. and learn how to detail clean every inch of your work space. i learned how to operate machinery, handle a variety of animals, and talk spanish. my co-workers where fare with the hours and nice. the hardest part of the job was dealing with killing animals. the most enjoyable was the lunch break

1 2 3