University of California Berkeley

University of California Berkeley Employee Reviews

Fun, challenging, Dynamic environment
Graduate Student Researcher (Current Employee), Berkeley, CAMarch 18, 2015
Academic rigor and scientific enthusiasm rule the day. Very passionate people who care about their work, and the good it could do. This is a great place to challenge your mind with smart and hard working people who are just as motivated as you are.
Postdoctoral researcher (Current Employee), Berkeley, CAMarch 13, 2015
Innovative, intelligent, hard-working people around you
This place to let you feel energetic, youthful and need to be productive
Excellent place to work
HR Generalist (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: excellent benefit package
Cons: travel
A typical day includes, assisting managers with job descriptions and posting available positions. Answering questions regarding benefits package. Liasion between employee relations and managers/employees.
Place of both education and knowledge
Head Reader (Current Employee), Berkeley, CAFebruary 21, 2015
It is the best school in the bay area and the US. It is not only about education, but about building the ability to change and develop yourself and community.
collaborative work environment
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: you are close to experts in many fields.
Cons: low salary. common problem for all postdocs in us
I was a post doc there. Berkeley is a great place because of many smart and friendly people around and the collaborative work environment. The campus is great, lots of diversity.
Productive and Fun Place
Project Support Student Manager (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAFebruary 11, 2015
I loved working here throughout college. There was a great flexible schedule. The job was difficult but the work environment was great.
It's good
Ruby on Rails Decal Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Berkeley, CAFebruary 6, 2015
It's a good University which provides students with a lot of opportunities and the best education in the whole world. I like it.
Grounds, pressure wash concrete floors, clean/repair water fountains, conference set ups and general janitorial work.
Custodian (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Great place to work at, fun people to work with. i have learned a lot of things such as how to use pressure washer and how to repair water fountains. I always enjoy working there at sometimes it could get hard but always manage to make things done.
Easiest Job ever
HOUSING CLERK (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAFebruary 3, 2015
.25 cent increase per semester. starting at 14$/hr to process mail.
unlimited printing and hidden study spaces. It is the best way to pay for college
Excellent Experience
Student Conservator (Current Employee), Berkeley, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling
Staff was very helpful in teaching me the skills required to work on various paraphernalia. Became acquainted with lab tools and techniques on resource recovery/preservation.
A great hands-on experience with biomedical devices while working in a laboratory environment.
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), BioPOETS LabJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: communication with bosses
I really enjoyed working in the BioPOETS Lab for Dr. Lee. I performed microfabrication of silicon wafers to mimic biomedical devices.I learned a lot about the bioengineering process and working in a lab. Lab safety was a priority. My co-workers were either undergraduate students or graduate students.
Great Place to work
Marketing Developer, ABO Optician (Current Employee), Berkeley, CADecember 28, 2014
Great place to work, good benefits, good people, managers are awesome. It is a rather fulfilling to work with patients and fellow staff.
Great place to work if you find your niche
Intern (Current Employee), Berkeley, CADecember 9, 2014
Pros: great work culture and coworkers
Cons: funding issues
The lab I worked in was very easygoing and collaborative in spirit.

The hours were flexible.
vase culture enviroment
C AMPUS T RANSIT MANAGER (Former Employee), Berkeley, CADecember 4, 2014
Pros: during the christmas holidays, the university closed down for 11 days with pay
Cons: medical coverage was at no cost to employee if you signed up with kaiser
Great place to work, they provided on-hands training associated with supervision,and management training, there was always advancement opportunities within the department and throughout the University System. My co-workers were very supportive, that's where I mostly received 80% of my training. The hardest part of my job was having to release an employee due to poor performance, not being able to meet there job standard. Most enjoyable part of my job was helping and training new employees, that reflected on me, my ability to train employee's
Human Resources at Howard Hughes Medical Institute
PERSONNEL ASSISTANT/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II (Former Employee), UC BERKELEYDecember 4, 2014
Pros: direct contact with students and great benefits
Cons: amount of paperwork to complete
The best part of this job is to meet new employees and conduct new employee orientations.

The hardest part of this job is to handle different visas (H-1, J-1, and F-1) for students.
High quality research
Postdoc Research Associate, Dep. of Chemistry (Current Employee), Berkeley, CAOctober 22, 2014
Extensive collaborations with both academic and industrial field;
opportunity to perform research on varieties of advanced instruments;
most collaborators are extremely smart;
the most enjoyable part of my job is the platform to meet with top scientists from all over the world
No Place I Would Rather Be Than Here
Research Associate (Current Employee), Berkeley, CAOctober 21, 2014
Working as an Undergraduate Research Associate is interesting and challenging. It requires some skills in data collection, quantitative analysis, and of course optimism that the data is out there somewhere.
UC Berkeley
Admin Assist/Purchasing, (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAOctober 16, 2014
It was a wonderful place to work but there was no room for advancement.
LOVED this JOB
Peer Counselor/Residential Advisor (Former Employee), Berkeley, CASeptember 22, 2014
Loved my time working for Experience Berkeley. On a typical day I'd work with a team in supervising and advising high school students on how to get into college and life on campus.
best experience of college
Peer Counselor & Social Committee Chair (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAAugust 20, 2014
so many emotionally intuitive people and the focus on empathy was very beneficial for everyone's lives in the competitive environment of school.

1 2 3 4