University of California Los Angeles

University of California Los Angeles Employer Reviews

Very nice university to work and I got vested after working for more than 10 years
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: interesting and fun place to work meeting diverse ethnic groups
Cons: a time came that i got vested and worked closer to home
The best university to work for with benefits that I can't complain. I enjoyed my job so much that I always look forward to the following day to work and be with my office mates and boss. I also served as a liaison between the university and clients.It was a challenging and easy work to do as I was qualified for the job till the day I got vested and – more... need to work closer to home. – less
Great team building atmoshpere
University Athletics Administrative Intern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 19, 2014
The UCLA athletics department is world class. The coaches, players, and administrators have a winning mentality and will not let anything get in their way. The atmosphere was conducive to team-building, and it started from the bottom up.
Great school
Researcher (Former Employee), Westwood, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: near school
Cons: student pay is low
This was 15 years ago and I don't really know why this review is relevant. I did this for a few months and my input was that of a student. I can't remember really what I did or who I worked for.
Productive and fun place
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2014
Typical day at work includes working in a fast paced environment. Adhering to quality customer service. Creating synergy amongst a small team that is responsible for processing paychecks for the campus community at UC.
Team work atmoshere
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no parking
I enjoyed my time with UCLA. The research and study department was a team that helped each other. Coworkers were wonderful!
Productive Place
Pathway at UCLA Extension (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 1, 2014
Works well with school schedules.

Great people to work with.
For future researchers.
Trainee/Volunter (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 1, 2014
Good Start for knowledge of how the Lab Works.
The coordinators guide you through protocols in the lab as well as out of the Lab. Knowledge of reading and writing scientific papers as well as understanding them will be one of the greater assets you learn.
Fun place to work
Program Coordinator/ Project Manager (Former Employee), CarsonJuly 18, 2014
Met a lot of fun and productive individuals who were able to make a good change in society.
Fun work environment
Intern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 15, 2014
The young golfers were eager to learn from me, and they always listened to what tips I had for them to improve their golf game. I looked forward to helping the young golfers each week.
Difficult work but excellent learning opportunity
Elastomers and Energy Researcher (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2014
My research at UCLA was difficult due to lack of direction, thus it required self-sufficiency that I wasn't prepared for due to my lack of knowledge at the time. However, it was a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in analyzing data and improving/developing a product.
Don't plan on advancement
Plumber (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2014
If you do not know the right people or get hired in the position you wish to keep the rest of your life, good luck on advancement or pay increases. If you want a promotion or a pay increase you have to get hired in a different department because they almost never promote from within the departments. They find ways of taking more money out of your check – more... every year or two whether it is increasing the parking fees (yes, employees have to pay to park there) or more for your medical insurance or retirement so any meager raise does not offset what they take away.There are some great people there and the campus is amazing. There are 10,000 employees there so your experience will depend on which department/manager you have. Go Bruins! – less
LOVE Extension
INSTRUCTOR OF CREATIVE WRITING (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 27, 2014
Pros: retirement, varied students, short sessions
Cons: can only give me 1 or 2 classes a year
I teach one or two classes a year since 2002. Everyone on the staff is hardworking and supportive of teachers. Where ele can I get students from all over the world in small classes (9-14) and have a blast AND get paid for it?
Decent benefits, problematic management
Student Affairs Officer, Wrtg Prog (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 20, 2014
Pros: some great workmates
Cons: problematic management, little salary increase possible
Faculty are infantalized, making a few difficult to work with. However, many faculty members and students are a joy.
Strong therapist team
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2014
UCLA has a great Radiation Therapy department with a team of amazing therapists working hard to provide the best experience possible for each patient.
Temp position
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Westwood CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: learning front office and scheduling
Cons: no work stability
Working at UCLA was a great learning experience in the front office and scheduling patients for myself just coming out of school less than a year earlier and my first front office and scheduling position. It was a temp position so there was no job stability.
Great environment but hard to advance
Research Coordinator (Former Employee), Westwood, CAJune 18, 2014
A lot of community engagement and data management. Gives you the opportunity to work with diverse populations. The management team CAN be disorganized... Due to the fact that they have a heavy work load dealing with their students and running their research programs at the same time, but they are very smart and passionate people. The hardest part about – more... the job is trying to expand from a type-cast position. But the best part of working for UCLA is the independence and importance of the work. – less
Efficient place to work
Olive View Internship (Current Employee), Sylmar, CAJune 4, 2014
A place where you can learn a lot from. People are always willing to help you understand your practice and take everything step by step. It is a hospital of learning.
great overall experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 3, 2014
Pros: long vacation time
Cons: free lunches
Good company. great working culture, various opportunities for advancement.
The people are the heart and soul of UCLA.
Project Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 26, 2014
Pros: semi annual bonus, great co-workers, excellent medical benefits, 401k
Cons: not my area of continued interest
What makes UCLA a great workplace is the people, my co-workers. I had the pleasure of working with many talented and brilliant people from the assistants to the research professors.

My co-workers made the environment both professional and fun. We worked hard and celebrated holidays together. Although my job was demanding having the ability to smile – more... and occasionally laugh with co-workers alleviated a tremendous amount of the stress. – less
Ucla Summer Internship was a very interesting way to feel independent and a way to help you improve your communication skills.
Intern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches, long breaks, good hours.
Cons: none really, just was a short summer job.
A typical day at work would be entering my own office, filling out papers, and sending out letters to other organizations through a computer. These tasks helped me learn to be more familiar with computers and they also helped me feel like I had an important role in my job because I was trusted with such an important responsibility. When it comes to – more... my co-workers I was a really skilled team player. My co-workers where out to help me and I was out to help them to help complete each others daily tasks. The hardest part of the job was dropping off letters to other offices in the campus because its a big unfamiliar school. There were many enjoyable parts in this job, but one that stands out to me is within me, the thought of me waking up every morning knowing I am going to work for a honest dollar and making sure I took this seriously every single day helped me enjoy every single day in any different activity. – less

1 2 3 4 5