University of California Los Angeles Employee Reviews

UCLA Review
Main Instructor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2017
I was the main Instructor for R programming course; Designed all the course materials, problem sets, exams myself. I was also statistical consultant while being a grad student. Great atmosphere, Good quality program.
Senior Data Clerk - Alumni Relations (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2017
Working at the Anderson School of Management I lead their data administration. It is a good place to work with relaxed coworkers who are willing to help out.
Good benefits, and nice coworkers, and balanced work/life
CLS (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 27, 2017
GOOD coworkers and appropriate work load, and good benefits, but very defined and rigid workload.... Challenging environment facing the management,.... :]
Pros
Good Benefits, light work load, great co workers
Cons
POOR Manag???
Amazing
Student Government Services Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 27, 2017
I cannot rave enough about going to college at UCLA. I was able to grow personally and professionally while gaining my degree at this fabulous institution.
Fast-Paced but fun workplace
Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 22, 2017
I worked in one of the cafes on campus as a student, but it was still a challenging and rewarding experience. We were trained in a variety of areas and expected to be able to keep up with the high level of demand and the fast-paced environment. In my experience, management was very helpful and team-oriented, as was the culture of the workplace. We were frequently encouraged to help one another, especially in times of pressure. It was hard to keep up at times, but the rush was exciting and being able to accomplish our goals was very rewarding.
Pros
Free meals - one per shift
Cons
Limited hours for student workers
Great people, poor pay.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 22, 2017
Typical day at work is dealing with dentist and dental students.The day-to-day operations of the dentistry department is what is the business of the nature at hand.
Senior Programmer Analyst
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 21, 2017
UCLA is a nice campus and work place over there is nice. It is a nice environment and people are very nice. I really miss this place but the salary is low comparing to the other places.
Student worker
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2017
Overall great place for enrolled students . Flexible schedule and fast paced. Great work environment and there was a lot of opportunities do do unique stuff.
Great part-time job
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2017
Great part-time job for students looking to earn extra money and contribute to the local community. Hours were flexible with a diverse group of students from UCLA and surrounding community.
Pros
Great Part-time job
I was a student employee
Teaching Associate, Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2017
While attending UCLA as a graduate student, I worked in three different roles: administrative assistant, teaching associate, and library reference assistant. All were part-time jobs.

Want to know more about University of California Los Angeles?

Ask a question
Fun, googd place to work
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2017
Good place to work, great benefits, some poor management depending on wich department your working at. Overall great union job, alot of holiday breaks
Pros
Benefits, holiday breaks, great pay
Cons
Some poor department management
Positive work environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 13, 2017
UCLA Health is a great entry level company to work for. Annual performance reviews with supervisors help employees grow personally. Movement upwards within the company is difficult.
Great University
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2017
Enjoying working with this university , the enrolled the students which they are genus and it was a pleasant environment for me as instructor. regretfully the program I taught was only one time for Linguistic department PHD student
good co workers for the most part intense physical and emotional work
RN Clinical Nurse II pedicatrics (Current Employee) –  Westwood, CASeptember 8, 2017
It is a place for career minded people. If you have a family part-time is easier to handle than working full time. Have good outside support. They expect alot of self learning and push for degrees and certifications but do not offer much assistance in achieving the certifications. UCLA does pay partial tuition costs for going back to school for a Masters in nursing at UCLA. The manager of your unit can make all the difference in the world.
Fun place to work
Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2017
If you are a student looking for a job on campus then i recommend working here. It has very flexible hours ad i enjoyed my time working there. You can move you if you do a good job.
Love ucla
Internship Experience (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 1, 2017
Was the best experience of my life would go back but before going back I need to see what else the culinary field has to offer ucla has the most friendly people
Great place to work.
Medical Record Technician I (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAAugust 28, 2017
I was a patient file indexer. That was a challenging position. The workplace was enjoyable. The management team was great to work for. I learned a lot.
creative fast paced marketing dept.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2017
Always changing creative environment. Learned basics of catalog production. Stimulating and diverse staff and administrators. Good benefits package as well.
Pros
Creative
fun
Administrative Specialist, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAAugust 14, 2017
I enjoyed working with people who have a decent sense of humor. I like people who are down to earth but who have a dynamic and progressive approach to their work. I really enjoyed working as part of a highly committed and professional team.
Pros
quarterly bonuses
Cons
Less break times
amazing place to work
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2017
center of excellence. Enjoyed the quality of students and the program. It was organized, demanded the highest standards of education.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of California Los Angeles. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3