University of California Los Angeles Employee Reviews

Clinical Trials Finance
Lead Clinical Trial Sr. Fund Mgr (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 11, 2017
I've been here for almost 16 years, I believe in the overall mission and work for a company who exemplifies fair practices
Great place to be a student!
Doctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 11, 2017
UCLA is a great place to be a student! I work in an outstanding lab and always get the support I need. Student access to the sporting events is a definite perk!
Meh
Library Special Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 9, 2017
Good job security but you will pay for it in salary. The people make the job, as is always true. It can be what you make it. You will not have to take your work home with you, which is choice.
Very nice place to work
Event Coordinator - EURECA Program (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 8, 2017
It is nice to work at a place where everyone is a cheerleader for UCLA. The campus is wonderful it is like a city within a city, I always enjoyed going to work.
Good place to work if have workstudy. Plenty of jobs for work-study students
Laboratory Support (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 26, 2016
I have a wonderful manager, who is very organized and always make sure everyone comfortable with all the tasks they're assigned. I got the job right after I transferred from a community college so I didn’t ask for much. However, I like everyone in my lab because they’re never stressed out, not because there is no stress, but they handle it well and never let that interfere with the sufficiency of the work.
Everyday, I am assigned a number of particular jobs to complete, while assisting all the TAs of the day and their students. I’ve learned so much about how to make chemical solutions safely and precisely. The job has greatly improved my skills of reading and following instructions to yield the best accuracy of all the measurements I make and the closest-to desired values of all the chemical concentrations. The hard part of it is to keep track of all the works, as students would come by and ask for help. When that happens, I need to stop whatever I’m doing as quickly as possible and assist the students because they need to finish their experiments within a period of time.
Good pay and benefits
Kidney and Pancreas Transplant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesDecember 24, 2016
Good place to work with good benefits and retirement but very fast paced job. Great learning opportunities with complex cases.
One of the best jobs I've had
Clinical Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 21, 2016
Everyone is very supportive in your education and growth. There's always room to advance if you know the right people. a lot of politics but besides that it's a great place to work.
Pros
There's always work
Cons
I tried six months to switch from night shift to day shift with my boss denying me.
UCLA housekeeping job
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 19, 2016
It was a good job and kept me busy, It also paid okay. Co-workers were okay to work with, I liked being on campus the hardest part
was the commute from the valley area. Management was okay.
Pros
Close to transportation
Cons
To far from home
UCLA is a great research institution
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 19, 2016
This lab was really great and I wish that all the departments had a similar hands on experience like this one. MCDB has been a great department in UCLA.
Great!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 13, 2016
It's one of the greatest places to work. Great benefits and fantastic amount of days off with pay. Staff isn't the best to management but it outweighs everything.
Great management and employees
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 9, 2016
I loved working there. Very busy clinic and employees were friendly. Clinic is within walking distance to the beach.The doctor's were very respectful of the employees.
Pros
Santa Monica
Cons
no cons
Consistently helping others
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CADecember 7, 2016
The Primary Care Physicians and RN's were of the highest standards when it came down to patient care. Everyday was a welcoming challenge because both the patients and staff were in sync.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great institution but bloated bureaucracy
Lab Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 30, 2016
Working in an internationally recognized facility is nice, however the experience is mired by government bureaucracy.
Great place to work.
Police Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 27, 2016
Typical day as a police dispatcher. You never know what type of call you are going to get, but knowing you are about to help somebody out is what the job is all about. Great staff members that work hard day in and day out.
great place to work
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 17, 2016
I love the job I do at the moment, I love making appointments and helping people . I like assisting people and helping them in anyway I can to make it easier . customer derive is our main priority.
Pros
great benefits, great environment
Cons
far from home, the commuting
beautiful place to study, with low salary for student employees
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2016
UCLA is a very beautiful campus located in a very safe neighborhood in LA. A very attractive and reputable place to spend your graduate studies. However, the stipend provided to graduate students is not enough for living in such an expensive neighborhood.
Very fun workplace
Accounts Payable Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2016
I really enjoyed working for UCLA. The people were very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed working on the campus being able to experience a lot of the schools activities that went on while I was working there. I loved being around the students and the professors. The environment is very inviting
Recommend
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 2, 2016
Great institution. I highly recommend. Very optimistic environment and colleagues. I learned how to manage my time efficiently and effectively.
Work Enviroment
Extension, Registration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westwood, CANovember 1, 2016
I have also had the pleasure of being part of the UCLA Extension Registration team for many years and know some what of what’s expected of our departmental advisors/representatives when it comes to providing excellent customer service while advising and guiding our students to help achieve their educational goals.
Has one of few in-pt Child/Adol units in a very broad area of CA
Clinical RN II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 28, 2016
I truly enjoy interacting with adolescents with acute mental health issues. The milieu is often hard to manage with a split population of higher functioning pts with Psychosis, BiPolar d/o, Schizophrenia, Major Depressive d/o, Catatonia, Suicidal Ideation, Homicidal Ideation, Paranoia, etc and very labor intensive patients with Autism often severe, non-verbal, agitated &/or aggressive. Increasingly the Autistic population makes up at least 30% to 60% of our clientele. It is a challenging milieu often with the necessity for the separation of populations to prevent altercations. I also enjoy caring for the clients with Autism & have learned a lot from & about then. My favorite & often frequent experience is to be the caregiver who admits & works with the patient & family, especially parents/guardians of clients with all levels of autism on the ASD spectrum on their first psychiatric hospital stay.
Pros
Accepts clients with all levels of Autism
Cons
Often split population: Autistic pts & higher functioning kids

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of California Los Angeles. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3