University of California Merced Employee Reviews

Ucm
Financial Aid Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 4, 2017
I enjoy working here because my supervisors work around my school schedule. Their hours are flexible. My job consists of filing and scanning documents with personal and sensitive information that students submit pertaining to their financial aid.
Outstanding Institution
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 3, 2017
UC Merced is a wonderful place to pursue a higher education. It forged me into a scientist/chemist. Brilliant people. In order to succeed you must be a disciplined person. Competitive.
Productive place with a great atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMay 26, 2017
I love working at this place, there is a lot of opportunity to grow and move up the scale to become a supervisor and then a manager. The atmosphere was great.
Good experience
PSO (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMarch 20, 2017
This position is very new to the University and it is a very good opportunity for those looking to get involved with Security or Law Enforcement. The benefits are great and your supervisors are very helpful.

This position will be 95% off campus patrols for campus-affiliated sites during nights and weekends. You get a nice little electric car to drive around during your shift.
Excellent place to work
Staff (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAFebruary 14, 2017
Workplace culture is inclusive. Best part of job is the continued growth and expansion of ideas and space.

Most enjoyable part of my current position is interaction with students and to watch grow. It's exciting to see young minds at work.
Pros
Beautiful Campus.
Cons
Away from city
Fun
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAFebruary 6, 2017
I would give tours of my college to children in elementary to high school. I learned how to communicate well to others. The management was excellent. The workplace culture was always upbeat and positive. The hardest part of the job was walking backwards speaking to people. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how happy everyone was to attend a tour.
Pros
Fun, simple, improves confidence
Cons
nothing
Productive and fun environment
Chapter Director (Former Employee) –  Merced, CANovember 29, 2016
This is a great place where you can make a significant impact in a child's life. You can work your own schedule, which is great if you have another job or you are a university student.
Excellent work environment!
Community Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAAugust 16, 2016
I was always treated with respect by my co-workers and had an excellent supervisor and officers working along side me. I highly recommend this position for students looking for a job that will fit well with their schedule.
Caring and professional supervisors
Civic Leadership Intern (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 1, 2016
Some positions are fairly new within this young office however the professional staff is welcoming and attentive to their student staff needs.
Pros
great work environment
Public University
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMay 21, 2016
Working as an RA has provide myself with a vast amount of experience in data coding and data analysis as well as how graduate school may be down the line.
Excellent place to promote abilities as researcher
Visiting Scholar (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMay 12, 2016
Excellent place to develop research projects in the field of behavioural economics, the field of public health, and issues related with disparities,patients safety and equity in health.
Engineering Service Learning was fantastic
Marketing Assistant, Engineering Service Learning (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAApril 28, 2016
UC Merced was fantastic and I love the people I got to work with.
My direct supervisor was supportive and a great mentor. I learned a lot from facilities, purchasing and different individuals from all over the place.
Great Education System
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAFebruary 1, 2016
I earned both my bachelor's and masters of science here. I also had the privilege of serving as a teaching assistant for my graduate years.
Productive and fun company to work for
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Atwater, CANovember 18, 2015
I enjoyed my job and I enjoyed my co-workers. Everyone was positive and eager to help if I needed it. I was able to grow within my scope of work and I am now able to continue that growth and further my career.
A convenientt store for students.
Student Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAApril 29, 2015
We provide excellent customer service to those who come in to the store. We have strong knowledge about our store and the items we carry so that we are prepared to answer any customer's questions to make their experience more at ease. The store provides a relax vibe but also goes through a periodic rush hour from time to time. Most of the co-workers have a great relationship with the manager and the boss. The boss and manager provides constructive feedback so that we can become the "best of ourselves". Overall, my experience here was great and have learned a lot as a supervisor to make me a great asset for my next job.
Ecological work, very physically/emotionally demanding, awesome location
Field Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJanuary 7, 2015
I was the field crew supervisor for an ecological experiment in the high-alpine environment. This being the case I worked in an amazing location that required me and my team to hike 4-8 miles per day to perform the research. The research itself was satisfying for someone who enjoys research related data recording, surveying, and sampling. My team that was selected were very energetic, outgoing, happy, and personable.

My issues were with the workload and management. The original project called for just one researcher since they had eliminated 90% of the work from previous years. They had forgotten about some aspects of the project and reinstated the old protocol, while only hiring a few temporary technicians when the workload called for several more. So, we got as much done as we could, sometimes working 70+ hour weeks, but it was way too much work.
Pros
Location, awesome technicians, research tasks themselves
Cons
Poor project management, grossly excessive hours
Nice place to work
Graduate Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Merced, CADecember 22, 2014
UC Merced is out in the middle of nowhere, but it is nice. Lots of cows, good faculty and amazing staff for the most part.
UC Merced
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Merced, CADecember 1, 2014
Great place to work. Growing university, a place for advancement. UC Merced is a research based university located in the central valley. Most of the undergraduates are first generation college students looking to advance themselves.
Educational Experience
Undergraduate Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Merced, CASeptember 8, 2014
A typical day at the University of California, Merced for a undergraduate bioengineer student was enticing. I would regularly develop attended my professors lab room to lend a hand in his research. My professor is involved in combining various imaging modalities to increase the resolution of the images. Members from his lab were each focused on a specific task of the research project from algorithm development to hardware programming. Learning from different lab members, allowed me to grasp a detailed understanding behind noninvasive imaging.
Newest of the University of California campuses!
Administrative Manager II - supervisor (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 24, 2014
The newest campus in the University of California. Located in the beautiful Central Valley of California. With 6,000 students and growing, this is an excellent campus choice for someone who wants to attend the UC but is concerned about the large campus populations. The campus and town of Merced or close to everything: Snow skiing, hiking, Yosemite, San Francisco, Sacramento, and lots happening in the area!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of California Merced. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6