University of California Santa Cruz

University of California Santa Cruz Employer Reviews

relaxing place to work in, not too busy, only busy during busy quarters
Mailroom Assistant Scheduling Manager (Former Employee), Santa Cruz, CAJune 23, 2014
• Scheduled a work schedule for the staff
• Scheduled all staff meetings
• Attended biweekly meetings with the supervisor
• Logged in packages into the database on FileMaker Pro
• Sorted out package slips and letters into mailboxes
• Handed out packages to students living in the dorms
• Returned unclaimed and unknown packages/mail to the sender
Good jobs for students
Senior Facilities Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Cruz, CAAugust 31, 2013
I worked in several departments on campus as a student and had great experiences in each. If you are a student and need a job I highly suggest working on campus, they are flexible with your schedule and its easy to go from work to class.
Interesting and inspiring place to work
International Peer Advisor (Former Employee), Santa Cruz, CAAugust 28, 2013
I worked in the International Living Center which is the living community aimed at international students. Working among such a diverse group of people made everyday a great learning experience.
Productive, Engaging and Educational
Propagation Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Cruz, CAAugust 11, 2013
Pros: was a constant learning experience
Cons: worked every weekend
Working as a Propagation Coordinator in a student
run community based organization was very enriching. I regularly taught both students and nonstudents hands on community based knowledge about sustainable gardening while in the garden as well as in seminars. I daily attended to the campus Greenhouse, by watering the plants, propagating seeds for the garden, maintenence of the greenshouse and documenting the progress of the plant growth. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was inspiring and motivating others about the significance if gardening through the education of plant growth and development. I have gained experience in project and event coordination, horticulture production, executed computer program tasks that include Microsoft Office and Excel, and strengthened my grant writing, leadership and communications skills. Working with coworkers was never a challenge, everyone was incrediably supportive and constructive. We organized and attended weekly meetings to discuss updates, to coordinate events, to write grants and ensure the overall leadership team was running smoothly and constructively. The hardest part of the job was that it was a full time 7 day a week position.
Maintained a safe and supportive environment
Community Advisor (Former Employee), Santa Cruz, CAAugust 8, 2013
Created and maintained a safe environment and supportive system for first year students. Organized a variety of social, academic, and cultural activities. Mentored and addressed all safety and security concerns.
A great place to learn professional skills and interpersonal development.
Resident Assistant/Village Office Assistant (Current Employee), Santa Cruz, CAJuly 15, 2013
A great place to develop skills and work in an environment where education is appreciated as equally as hard work. I have met some amazing professionals at the University of California Santa Cruz.
Work Study - great way to take some of the edge off cost of going to UCSC
Software Developer Multimedia Educational (Former Employee), On Santa Cruz CampusFebruary 11, 2012
I was a work study financial aid program while I was attending school there.

I developed a Spanish Text Book software program proof of concept to be used in studies and marketing and as a supplement in language classes.

Pro: Got a pay check so got to budget the $ as I saw fit.
Con: Was limited by my financial aid amount how much I could work, also it is a form of financial aid where you have to really work to get the money NOT A GRANT