University of Central Arkansas Employee Reviews in United States

Dedicate faculty & staff
Director of Advancement Communication (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJune 8, 2016
UCA provides the opportunity to work with great students and a dedicated faculty and staff. The most enjoyable part of working at UCA is collaborating with others on events or projects.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
You need to wear good walking shoes
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 13, 2016
i work in a research lab so its not closely related to admin of UCA. I make my own hours and as long as my work gets done everything goes smoothly. HR and payroll people work efficiently. Department office employees very nice.
Great
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, AR 72034May 3, 2016
I worked here as a graduate assistant and as a worker in the food court. What is great about working here is that they understand you need to have time to study for your classes and build your schedule around that. You also get off on holidays.
Great place to work for higher education.
Resident Coordinator/Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARApril 1, 2016
A typical day always involved my residents and the building. Answering their needs and making sure everything is running smoothly. I supervised 8 staff members (6 RAs and 2 Learning Assistants) and made sure they were fulfilling their programs for the month and keeping up with the budget to make sure we didn't over spend. The hardest part about my job was my phone could ring anytime, day or night. As a Residence Coordinator you really don't have a day off. What I enjoyed most about my jobs was my residents and my staff.
Great for Professional Growth
Director of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMarch 11, 2016
Allowed me the opportunity to learn, educate and obtain professional development to enhance job performance. I was able to complete graduate degree while working at UCA
Fun Workplace
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 31, 2016
the atmosphere is good. they care about how the staff feels. you need to be very creative and a friendly person. the most enjoyable part is relationship with the residents,
High energy and an amazing program to be a part of.
Women's Basketball Manager (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARDecember 3, 2015
You get to be a part of a group of individual that are striving to better themselves on the court and off. Your job is to make sure you are doing everything that is needed to get the best from the team.
No room for advancement
Administrative Specialist II - Salary 27 (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARNovember 5, 2015
Too much favoritism at the university as a whole. Promotions are given to only people that are liked by the "powers that be."

Department I work in is all white.....no efforts to recruit minority faculty or staff.
Volunteer
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARNovember 3, 2015
I got into this by a friend of mine. I was put in charge of preschool age children and help teacher and watch over them. Learned tons of patience
Productive and Rewarding
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARSeptember 21, 2015
A rewarding and productive place to work that provides a work schedule appropriate to maintain a balance between work and personal life.
Working for the State
Regular Worker (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJuly 28, 2015
UCA is a ok place to work. The pay is low. It's hard to get a raise and bonuses are maxed out at 3% . Some supervisors are even stingy with that measly 3%. There is no overtime pay since it's a state job. You will be offered comp time. 6% of your salary is automatically forced into 401K. Employees have to pay $60.00 to pay for parking decals. Parking is horrible and UCAPD are always ready to pounce with $15.00 parking tickets.

Most of the admin positons pay within the $18- low $30K Most of highly compensated positions are unclassifed or faculty.
Pros
The HPER is nice . Employees are off 2 weeks during Christmas. 80% tuition discount
Cons
Low pay. Parking is horrible.
Great work environment!
Student Assistant, Office of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJuly 7, 2015
I loved working at UCA as a student worker. The staff were great examples of what to expect in the work field and they always tried to teach the student workers new things. They did not demean the student workers, in fact they gave freedom and independence. The student workers were the friendly faces in admissions that helped give prospective students a warm welcome.
Enjoyable work
EHS Director (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJune 30, 2015
I learned a LOT regarding occupational safety within this job. Management was typically supportive, and I worked a lot with committees. I oversaw several subordinates in addition to student workers. I enjoyed working in a university setting, but I didn't enjoy when I had to basically "babysit" student workers.
Pros
Enjoyable work atmosphere & working on what I like to do
Cons
Commute!
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 28, 2015
Responsible for multiple assigned duties for Faculty. Responsible for lab supplies, assist in teaching, tutoring of students.
Awesome place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 9, 2015
Student oriented, and always willing to work around busy schedules. Great place to work, with great opportunities for research and learning from colleagues. I would really recommend this job to anyone.
Productive and fast-passed environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  University of Central ArkansasMay 7, 2015
Working for the Director of Learning Communities and the Director of Student Success. Public communications with students and parents. Many office duties such as purchase orders, mailings, travel arrangements, ording supplies.
Pros
Great benefits and staf
Cons
Pay
Good place to work with room for advancment
Circulation Student/ Special Projects Assistant (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARApril 12, 2015
Nice co-workers, easy to get along with and learn the ropes of the job, good supervisory learning experience. Sometimes tasks were assigned with little feedback on deadlines, etc. Salary was on the low end but benefits were good.
UCA is wonderful.
Laboratory/Teaching Assistant & Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARApril 9, 2015
I love working at UCA as a student. It's just a little extra cash for little effort. It's hard to beat that. They want me to write some more but I don't really feel like it.
UCA family oriented work environment
Assistant Women's Coach (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARMarch 30, 2015
The University of Central Arkansas provides a family atmosphere for its athletic department. The athletic department at the University of Central Arkansas sports all supports each other. It has been a valuable experience to work under two head coaches in my two years at UCA. Having the ability to work for a Men & Women's Basketball Program has provided with a great set of skills to deal with any problem. It has been an amazing experience to coach collegiate athletes. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with kids everyday. One has the opportunity to help share someone life for the better.
productive workplace
Football Player (Current Employee) –  Conway, ArkansasMarch 29, 2015
A typical day as a football player involves participating in practice, lifting weights/conditioning, and performing film study.

4.4