University of Central Arkansas

University of Central Arkansas United States Employee Reviews

UCA is wonderful.
Laboratory/Teaching Assistant & Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee), Conway, ARApril 9, 2015
I love working at UCA as a student. It's just a little extra cash for little effort. It's hard to beat that. They want me to write some more but I don't really feel like it.
UCA family oriented work environment
Assistant Women's Coach (Current Employee), Conway, ARMarch 30, 2015
The University of Central Arkansas provides a family atmosphere for its athletic department. The athletic department at the University of Central Arkansas sports all supports each other. It has been a valuable experience to work under two head coaches in my two years at UCA. Having the ability to work for a Men & Women's Basketball Program has provided with a great set of skills to deal with any problem. It has been an amazing experience to coach collegiate athletes. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with kids everyday. One has the opportunity to help share someone life for the better.
productive workplace
Football Player (Current Employee), Conway, ArkansasMarch 29, 2015
A typical day as a football player involves participating in practice, lifting weights/conditioning, and performing film study.
Good for balancing school/life/work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Conway, ARMarch 27, 2015
Grading quizzes, tests, homework, etc.
Inputting grades
Working with faculty and office staff

This job was great for being able to do homework when there was no work to do around the office.

The professors and staff are fun to work with.
Great place to work at!
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Conway, ARFebruary 17, 2015
It is wonderful to work as a student worker in this environment throughout college. You get to be involved in a lot of activities and exposed to different cultures.
Productive, structured environment with great leader overseeing and teaching us the ropes of how to be the best in leadership
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Conway, ARDecember 21, 2014
Pros: gained experience, leadership position, great opportunity working with and overseeing others
Cons: issues
I truly enjoyed being a Resident Assistant for the University of Central Arkansas. There were many ways in which you could learn and gain great experience as a leader and as a trainee for future endeavors. I would have a specific day a week that I was on duty, where I would have to answer any calls and record the day's occurrences. I would also have duty hours, duty logs, and various tasks asked of my supervisor to attend to. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationships built through working for Housing and Residence. My team and I shared a great bond and work ethic together which made working together easier so we could all be on one accord and in good spirits. I learned how to be a better leader and more ways in which to develop myself as an individual. Management was great because our leader was very organized and managed and facilitated our group well.
Excellent Work and School Environment
Graphic Design (Current Employee), Conway, ARDecember 10, 2014
Pros: they work with my school schedule.
Cons: there is good food we have access to anytime. not really a con i guess.
Working with other students and Alumni puts me into a comfortable level of expertise to help further my skills in my major and in a professional work environment.
Strength and Conditioning for athletes within a university program
Assistant Strength Coach (Former Employee), Conway, ArkansasNovember 4, 2014
Training/ support of college aged athletes across a varied number of sports and disciplines
Good Job
Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Current Employee), Conway, AROctober 15, 2014
Checking all areas to see what need to be done, making sure the football areas, and bathrooms are in order. Management trust me to make the call on things that need to be done at the time, and to make sure they get done. The hardest part is changing in and out keys in every building I have to go in. The most enjoyable part is the freedom I have to do my job. I always have had a very good relationship with people I work with, and I believe it always start with me adjusting to them, and showing am a team player.
UCA Post Office
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Conway, ARSeptember 30, 2014
Sort incoming and outgoing mail.
Delivered to different departments on campus.
I really liked working there and wish it did not have to end once I graduated.
Students first
Institutional Services Assistant (Former Employee), Conway, ARSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: medical insurance, tuition discount
Cons: opportunities to advance were limited.
Good place to work if you're a student. Very willing to work with your academic schedule.
Constant self discipline to work
Receptionist Assistant (Current Employee), Conway, ARAugust 20, 2014
• Provide leadership to the chapter and the current faces of our organization
• Develop a vision for the chapter
• Be the communicator or spokesperson and manage the effective use of meetings
• Provide a liaison with proper support system as needed
• Encouraging all members to participate in discussion
• Arrive at decisions in an orderly, timely and democratic manner
lies, cliques and favoritism.
manager, supervisor (Former Employee), Conway, ARAugust 6, 2014
That's what you'll get. Certain people will get raises while your boss will lie to you. They'll say one thing and do another. They said they wanted $15 million in reserves before raises or bonuses then they get $15 million and build fountains and bear wood totem poles. If they can treat you like you're expendable they will. They'll treat certain people like they're irreplaceable but others like they don't care if you come or go. If you went to UCA you'll be ok. If you didnt, don't expect to be treated the same. They'll pay you junk and then pay people right out of uca more with less experience and responsibility.
Great experience.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Conway, ARJuly 31, 2014
Provides great way to build lasting network of colleges & mentors while getting your degree.
Great for students
Producer (Former Employee), Conway, ARJuly 10, 2014
Great for students and working while going to class. UCA is great place to learn job skills for the private market.
Enjoyable work environment that was flexible with my class schedule
Student Worker (Former Employee), Torreyson LibraryJune 4, 2014
Supervisors were very flexible and understanding when it came to working with me on school projects. I was able to learn how micro forms were disposed of as well as catalogue numerous microforms form distribution to the state library for disposal.
Warm and welcoming workplace
Residential Advisor (Current Employee), Conway, ARMay 19, 2014
Being an RA has taught me valuable time management skills as wells as social skills when interacting with coworkers and residents.
Good Biological research experience
Biological Technician (Former Employee), Conway, ARApril 27, 2014
This was a temporary research position in which I aided this particular graduate student when he went out into the field to collect data. It was enjoyable, but difficult, work. Physical conditions were hard, but came with good job satisfaction.
Fun working environment
Manager- Logan Wile (Former Employee), Conway, ARFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: fun and fast pace working environment
- A typical day at work included being a ref for basketball, softball,
flag football, volleyball, and soccer.
- I learned how to handle myself in a fast environment, how to handle
aggressive players, and how to handle myself in tough situations.
- My co-workers were all awesome people who loved their job and
sports as much as I did.
- The hardest part of the job was giving technical fouls on occasion.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was learning all of the different
rules and how to be a ref.
Relaxed atmosphere
Aramark-Utility Specialist (Former Employee), Conway, ARFebruary 6, 2014
Great place to be and it is an exciting work environment. I learned a lot with the outstanding leadership that we have and the process of getting the job done takes a lot of responsibility but it also takes pride. The co-workers were great. I enjoyed working with them daily. Hardest part was the hours, but the enjoyable thing was it atmosphere.

1 2 3