University of Central Arkansas Employee Reviews

Research Lab work
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 12, 2017
Lab work was great. I really enjoyed being immersed into the work at a pace that worked for me, as well as the little bit of extra money while taking classes. Helped in the learning environment.
Productive Fun Environment
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 8, 2017
This place was a great place to work out I mean the hours are really flexible and the people are so fun to be around . Free food and travel fees and the work is not hard at all like sometimes there's nothing to do but socialize .
Pros
Free Food, Free Travel, Fleixible Hours
Cons
Time Consuming, Outdoor Work
Low pay, but friendly co-workers
Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARApril 30, 2017
Never know what the typical day will hold. I have learned how to drive multiple vehicles. The hardest part of the job is that there is no room for advancement.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and Christmas holiday vacation of 2 weeks off
Cons
Low pay
Great
Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARApril 28, 2017
Working as a work study student is the best thing you could do while in college. You have time to work on homework and get everything out the way. But it all depends on where you work at also.
Collective work enviroment
Athletics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMarch 30, 2017
Thing's went very good. There were a few minor set backs dealing with time needs. Thing's were not specified enough and always changing. Very good routine within the company, although it was always a mystery.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not knowing the job requirements in full.
Been too long
Writer and designer (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMarch 7, 2017
It has been too long for me to comment on their current status. I wouldn't feel comfortable providing insight because there has been way too much time for things to change.
Great starter job into the Design world. Loved learning
Graphic Design Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 21, 2017
I learned how to manage and design a website, edit videos, and work with outside companies during my work study at the University of Central Arkansas. It was a great learning experience every day and I am very grateful for the opportunity.
Student Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 27, 2017
Excellent campus resources. Faculty listen and care. Could not have worked with a better group of fellow undergraduate researchers.
I love bing a with part o with thef the f withamily/Alumni
ACTIVE Member "At Large" (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 22, 2017
Best education around and understanding of those individuals with disabilities. I have attended since 2011 and love it. Top
Work study
Restoration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 17, 2017
It was a work study situation. It paid minimum wage and was only meant to provide extra spending money while attending college.
This is seriously one of the best jobs I could've asked for. The staffs are such family units inside a larger family unit in housing altogether.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, AROctober 20, 2016
I worked here for two years and it was so great. Getting to know my residents and assisting them if they need me was so fulfilling, because I was able to watch them grow into confident college students. My housing staff members were so great too. We were like a family unit in our building under a blanket family of housing itself as a whole.
Productive place to be
Physical Plant (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARSeptember 22, 2016
This is a great job! I highly recommend it. Excellent benefits, retirement, and tuition discount for you family. Even your grandchildren can benefit from the discount.
was a very good job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARAugust 3, 2016
i was a painter for the college and enjoyed every day there. If i could work there again i would without hesitation. Some of the workers were awesome and some were not its like that in a lot of places. In a typical day we would work on side projects till all the students were gone. Then we would go paint till about ten thirty to eleven so we had time to clean our equipment and then go home.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJune 20, 2016
Fun workplace, great learning experience. Boss was very understand and resonable on certain task Hands on and visual learning experience
Pros
Good breaks, Reasonable on tasks
Dedicate faculty & staff
Director of Advancement Communication (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJune 8, 2016
UCA provides the opportunity to work with great students and a dedicated faculty and staff. The most enjoyable part of working at UCA is collaborating with others on events or projects.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
You need to wear good walking shoes
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 13, 2016
i work in a research lab so its not closely related to admin of UCA. I make my own hours and as long as my work gets done everything goes smoothly. HR and payroll people work efficiently. Department office employees very nice.
Great
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, AR 72034May 3, 2016
I worked here as a graduate assistant and as a worker in the food court. What is great about working here is that they understand you need to have time to study for your classes and build your schedule around that. You also get off on holidays.
Great place to work for higher education.
Resident Coordinator/Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARApril 1, 2016
A typical day always involved my residents and the building. Answering their needs and making sure everything is running smoothly. I supervised 8 staff members (6 RAs and 2 Learning Assistants) and made sure they were fulfilling their programs for the month and keeping up with the budget to make sure we didn't over spend. The hardest part about my job was my phone could ring anytime, day or night. As a Residence Coordinator you really don't have a day off. What I enjoyed most about my jobs was my residents and my staff.
Great for Professional Growth
Director of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMarch 11, 2016
Allowed me the opportunity to learn, educate and obtain professional development to enhance job performance. I was able to complete graduate degree while working at UCA
Fun Workplace
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 31, 2016
the atmosphere is good. they care about how the staff feels. you need to be very creative and a friendly person. the most enjoyable part is relationship with the residents,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Central Arkansas. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4