University of Central Florida

University of Central Florida Employer Reviews

Diverse and student development focused
Sport Clubs Supervisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2014
Worked directly with 10 student run clubs to plan events, travel, and assist whenever necessary.
Good Job
Student Coding Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 18, 2014
This is a good job for someone who is in high school. The environment is fun and outgoing, you get to meet new people all the time.
UCF stands for oppurtunity
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 15, 2014
I would say it as a more vibrant, highly international environment. I love my job as a researcher and i was able get involved in the project to the maximum extent. The boss is an active person with a positive approach towards projects. I had an overall great experience in florida.
Great school, great opportunity for work experiences.
Senior Design (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 9, 2014
Affordable, cheap, good professors, great job outlook for STEM.
Good place to work.
Environmental Management Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaMarch 7, 2014
Pros: environment
Cons: traffic
Good environment. Lots of on hand jobs and tasks that make sense. It makes you feel like you are achieving something important, even if it is at a slow pace.
Human Resources
Human Resources (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: n/a
Great place to work, love the people I work with, team atmoshere
Great benefits!
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2014
Opportunity to go to school with 2 free classes a semester!!
I get to laern as I work
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2014
I was an undergraduate teaching assistant and it was nice to work from home. Grading homework and quizzes also kept me sharp on my specific skills.
I taught Composition I and II. My students did well and were ready to use their writing skills in other areas of study while a the University.
English Department (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: i liked seeing students succeed in mastering the essay type.
Cons: guiding essay development and grading was labor-intensive.
While at the University of Central Florida, I was an adjunct instructor at Valenica, Seminole, and Ft. Lee-Sumter Community Colleges. I taught Composition I and II at the Community Colleges. I enjoyed having the students master the kind of composition taught--research, analysis,, argument, process, and others.
Very Caring & Reliable
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 29, 2014
Great staff & management. Clean environment. Great company to work for.
Great place to learn data mining knowledge and develop predictive models
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2014
Great place to learn data mining knowledge and develop predictive models.
love it
Admissions Ambassador (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2014
best school in the country, should definitely apply and visit
Nice location
Senior Sourcing Manager (Senior Program Manager) (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2014
The University of Central Florida has a brand new medical school which limits job opportunities within clinical research. It is expected that once the corresponding certifications and accreditations are in place, the medical school will become a leading institution in this part of the country.
Fun place to work
Resident Hall and Apartment Patrol (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2014
Working for UCF was a good experience. The students and coworkers were fun to work with. If I ever had an issue with the job, my superiors would not hesitate to address the issue. I got to work with good people with strong ethical values. Overall a positive experience.
Insightful and strong learning experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), OrlandoJanuary 6, 2014
Provided a chance to assume multiple responsibilities surrounding teaching. I was able to support students in an advising and tutor type role. Also able to perform consistent editing as well as gain experience in public speaking in the form of lecturing.
Graduate/undergraduate research studies
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaJanuary 6, 2014
Comfortable working environment with a quiet atmosphere in an office building with everyone working under the Institution of Simulation and Training. I learned Microsoft Office programs through data entry, filing, etc. accordingly. Co-workers were other graduate/undergraduate students, all of whom were associated with a department (i.e., Cognitive Sciences – more... Lab or Philosophy Department). The most enjoyable experience was the applicable research used for practical, everyday life, and collaborating with individuals to advance a theory or goal. – less
Provides excellent research and work opportunities for students
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 6, 2014
Research assignments at UCF depends on you and your professor. In my experience the hours are flexible and the professors are understanding that as a student you must balance your class time with research.

The most difficult part of research is that many of the topics you may work on are often outside the scope of your class material and you must study – more... them on your own. – less
Great
Inpatient Psychiatric Unit, Therapist Intern (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2014
I enjoyed my education and work at this school. This is the second largest University in the U.S, its a melting pot!
An excellent place to learn.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: good facilities and staff, access at any time of the day.
The University of Central Florida has a very good materials characterization facility with a wide variety of new equipment. The staff and students were always helpful and fun to work with.

A typical day involved: designing equipment to run materials science experiments, preparing samples for tests and characterization, characterization of said samples, – more... and analyzing and presenting the test results. – less
International Services Center
Graphic Artist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 21, 2013
Pros: i have a little bit of autonomy, experience working at the second largest university in the nation, flexible work hours
Cons: i don't qualify for employment benefits, i'm greatly underpaid
I'm excited to work for the second largest university in the country! I've gotten the opportunity to greatly expand my knowledge of the InDesign software to design department forms for print and web, brochures, flyers and other collateral print materials. I'm able to implement design ideas to better promote our services to prospective, current and departing – more... students. – less

1 2 3 4 5