University of Central Florida Employee Reviews

All right
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2017
Was a graduate student there. Didn't really like how the program was managed or how they treated particular students versus others. They paid well for how little work you were required to do, but they expected unreasonable things from students as far as work, course load, qualifying and candidacy exams, research, etc. all together. Overall, I'd recommend you not go here for grad school.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Incompetent administration
Good place to be
Senior Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Nona, FLDecember 4, 2017
I enjoyed everyday that I spent at UCF. Great culture and excellent opportunity for advancement. If you work hard, you are rewarded. Only left due to travel distance from my home to the satellites campus’s where I was transferred after accepting a promotion
Pros
Great People. Advancement Opportunity
Cons
Very big place. Always growing and changing
Lots of job security, not much pay
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2017
If you are looking for job security and a slow work pace, this is the place for you. If you have a progressive attitude, the pace of change is particularly slow. Overall, not a bad place to work. Enjoy my coworkers and immediate management. Upper leadership could be better.
Great intro into the real world
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 27, 2017
This was my first semi-professional job working on computer vision research. I was able to go out in the field and gather data along with working on algorithms at the office. Overall, a great first professional job.
Great Place to Begin Your Career
Coordinator II, Academic Support Services (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2017
Working at UCF was great, especially the benefits that are offered to employees. The University has great pride and wants to see their employees succeed (i.e. offering 2 free courses per semester, wellness fairs, etc). The PTO benefits were amazing and the health insurance couldn't be beat.

The only negative I would say is that the college that I worked for, there was a lot of hand holding and coddling of the students. It is very hard to be promoted and/or advance.
Pros
Great PTO, Great Environment
Cons
Felt like babysitting adults, inconsistent policies
Temp job setting up the Education Building's network of computers and file server
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 17, 2017
This job entailed purchasing hardware and software (with approval) and installing numerous work stations, a network and a file server. Overall it was a great part time job right on campus to make some money as a student at UCF.
Pros
Working with computers / hours flexable
Cons
Low pay
Very unproductive environment
Locksmith and Access Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 14, 2017
Bringing friends and buddies from a previous job such as Universal Studios causes an unproductive environment. Over paid and inexperienced management reduces production and moral. In 1year I had 4 different managers. Non of them knew anything about what my job entailed nor how to manage employees. I don't think my last manager had any education beyond high school and it showed.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Low wages and cut throat attitiude
Productive workplace
Structural Lab Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2017
Comfortable place to work. Nice environment with nice people. Respectful managers. A lot of experimental tests in the laboratory that teach you a lot about engineering applications.
Good Place as a student
Student Director of Pegasus Palooza (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 8, 2017
I loved working here as a student. I learned a lot about myself and my work ethic. The culture was nice and very family like. The best part of the job was the constant support. The worst part of the job was it was only 9-5, there were no weekends or hours after 5pm.
Hardest part of the job
Success Coach (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 7, 2017
Constant changes within management trickles down to staff. Never consistent. Management does not look for the best interest of their staff. Always seek ways to look for the bad in an employee instead of the positives and/or what an employee does well.
Pros
Assisting students
Cons
Leadership

Want to know more about University of Central Florida?

Ask a question
UCF is great!
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 2, 2017
As a supplemental instruction leader, I have become so much better as a student. UCF has created and environment where everyone works together to learn and grow. I love it here and I wouldn't trade working here for the world.
fun friendly place to work with a relaxed work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando FloridaOctober 30, 2017
Funny friendly work environment slow-paced workflow variety of tasks to handle on a daily basis plenty of room for advancement and furthering career opportunities
You get paid to exercise while motivating your peers
Group Exercise Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 22, 2017
Group Exercise Instructing is an awesome opportunity to get paid to do what everyone should try to do anyways- stay health! As instructors we motivate our peers to keep pushing through, format classes that progress with our recurring patrons and overall have a great time leading people through difficult workouts
productive
Student Assistant/Research (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 20, 2017
research is important and anything that you do. so having that background is good. helps you pay attention to details and helps you keep a schedule. overall it was good
Faculty Center a Good Place to Work
Associate Director, Faculty Center (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 19, 2017
I enjoyed interacting with faculty at the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning. It was fun to brainstorm with them to come up with new ideas for their classroom courses or their web courses.
Pros
Interacting with faculty from across campus
Cons
Some problems with direct supervisor
Laid back work environment.
Resident Housing Apartment Patrol (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2017
Laid back work environment but with a very tough schedule. I had a night job and although I appreciated my time there the schedule wrecked havoc on my personal life and health at times.
Research Assisting Student, experience varies by faculty
Assistant Researcher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2017
Personally, I learned a lot under my guiding professor, while not putting too much pressure on my studies. From other student's perspective however, that experience varies from professor to professor so your mileage may vary.
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 10, 2017
As a student working in the role of TA, I was granted an opportunity to communicate topics I had previously learned to other students and, in turn, augment my own understanding of said material. Great place to work for academics (duh)
Lab assistant
Lab Technician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 10, 2017
Good example of what working after college is like. There's no immediate pressure when you walk in, but you should know that you should get to work. Always felt nice and getting in the work mode when walking in. People and professors are all welcoming if you need to ask a question or talk to someone.
Pros
Short breaks
Cons
No healthcare
Hard work but enjoyable workplace
OPERATIONS STAFF / EVENT STAFF (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 4, 2017
My tasks included set up and breakdown of stage equipment for artists and entertainers. Equipment rentals throughout the UCF campus. Event staff was responsible for maintaining a functional arena for guests to come and enjoy the shows we hosted.
Pros
Never boring and fun environment
Cons
Very physical labor