University of Central Florida Employee Reviews

Operated postal machines, UPS, and Express, learned regulations
Postal clerk (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2015
Pros: I was provided with training in postal regulations and computers
Cons: It could be hard physical labor lifting tubs and trays in and out of a van.
I worked in the Postal Services at UCF for over eight years, having learned much about computers, running the postal machines, performing administrative tasks that accompany this type of job. I sorted and delivered mail to all of the departments, following a prescribed route, picking up the outgoing mail to be processed and sent out for mailing. I learned how to process bulk mailings, UPS, library materials, thus learning the regulations for each type of mail. Periodically, I served as a courier, traveling throughout Central Florida to all of our area campuses, bringing their incoming materials for their satellite courses, and retrieving the outgoing ones to be returned to the designated department at the end of the day. I handled confidential material, payroll, and other items of top priority. While inside the mail room, I learned to perform administrative duties involving the monies in each postal machine, balancing the ascending and descending registers, and other duties related to running a mail room smoothly.
Very fun place to work at.
Network Services Technician (Current Employee), Network Services DepartmentAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Experience gained.
Cons: Its only a contract position.
Very relaxed atmosphere, co-workers get along and help each other solving problems with the network. I have learned a lot, specially in the Network Services area. All my co-workers have gone above and beyond to teach me and making sure that I understand everything that has to do with my current position as a Network Service Technician.
Small fish in a big pond
University Professor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2015
I have enjoyed my time working at UCF. It is a large school with many employees. Sometimes you feel like a small fish and other times you feel like you do contribute to the overall success of the university.
Productive work environment, good learning experience
Landscape Technician (Current Employee), University of Central FloridaJuly 11, 2015
A typical day usually consists of identifying and correcting common landscape problems on the 465+ acres of the beautiful landscape on the 2nd largest university in the country.

Has been a great place to learn and expand knowledge in the landscaping field.
Lots of Fun
HR/Payroll Office and Campus Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaJuly 10, 2015
I enjoyed working here in HR. Everyday is different. The interaction with the onsite and offsite employees is great (if you're a people person).
A very enthusiastic and productive enviroment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2015
I learned the important values of computer software. The hardest part of the job was access and excel but I managed to get through it.
Quiet and easy work environment
Rowing Team Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 4, 2015
Typically do the teams laundry and make just nothing is damaged. Count inventory and make sure facility is clean. Team and Coaches are great
Good
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2015
Good envinronment good scenery, friendly people. Work is intense but UCF stands for opportunities. It works. And now it's the time to see.
UCF
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), orlandoJuly 1, 2015
Great learning atmosphere. Aside from being a student, working with the biochemistry department was a very enjoyable experience.
Good Place to Work
Instructor, Developmental Psychology (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 27, 2015
This is a great place to gain experience in working with the full range of mental health illnesses. Ability to work independently.
Great environment
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 23, 2015
Pros: Management, team building, culture
Cons: Break time, pay rate, hours
Easy going job with great balance for work and school.
Pay and hours can be better though.
Great culture and emphasis on the school.
Great Place to Work
Coordinator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 23, 2015
Great Benefits! Schedules are great. Hardest part of the job are the customers. They just don't "get it." The coworkers are amazing.
An amazing place to learn
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 1, 2015
Being a graduate research assistant and teaching assistant, University of Central Florida offered me an opportunity to learn,educate and innovate.

I never felt anything wrong with UCF since it gave me an opportunity to explore potential.
Micromanagement and a lack of team playing environment
Administrative Assist/Faculty & Academic Affairs (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 31, 2015
Management's expectation of work productivity from employees can be unrealistic. I learned that their is no room for new ideas that may possibly increase productivity and efficiency. In many cases, co-workers who were a big part of the department's productivity would be uncooperative which, would become a roadblock in reaching the final goal of a project or task.
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: flexible hourse
Cons: lack of support.
It is a great place to work. You learn so much how to advocate for the students. The management can help you to achieve your goals. It is nice place to work for.
Physics department is excellent
Research Associate (Former Employee), OrlandoMay 19, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: major funding cuts
I have been teaching and research assistant at physics department at UCF, and it is an awesome place to work! I joined as teaching assistant and eventually in one year I found the advisor. Since then my experience has been great. Although, funding cut is a big issue when it comes to Phd.
Loved Every Minute
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 6, 2015
Being the 2nd largest university in the country the atmosphere is very open. I had a flexible schedule and my leaders were very helpful in my learning. They were patient and always found ways for me to learn something new.
Flexible Schedule
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), orlando, FLApril 24, 2015
The boss was very nice with the flexibility of the schedule. the coworkers are very nice. travel was paid for which was nice
Good People Doing a Difficult Job
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 13, 2015
Due to the size of UCF (60000+ students), measures must be taken to effectively administer the student body. The university, and the Department of Mathematical Sciences in particular, are quite adept in meeting this formidable challenge. However, some of the more personal aspects of education and advisement common to smaller schools are waylaid. The people are wonderful and caring, but are often overshadowed by the machinery needed to operate a school of this size.
This being said, lemons are being turned to lemonade. The Math Department uses its size to employ new teaching techniques and models. Beginning undergraduate math is taught in a modified emporium model. A new program, adjustments are made as needs are identified. The model is of the machine, but the fine-tuning is directed by the good people of the department. Computer based math may indeed be the paradigm of the future, and UCF is blazing the trail.
Professional Place for Research
Instructor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 25, 2015
University of Central Florida was the best option for my graduate studies. Because not only it is a fun place to work and study, but also it is a very professional environment.