University of Central Florida Employee Reviews

it's a good place to get professional experience.
Spanish Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2016
It's a good place to get a very good professional experience. I think the administration people have personal preferences in the hiring process.
Flexible and Great For Students
PEER ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2016
They are very helpful and understanding of our class schedule and do everything to accommodate you. Training is extensive and the job is very fulfilling.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not Salary based
Productive place to work.
Content Tutor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2016
A typical day would result in coming in, and assisting students with their assignments regarding to the subjects of English, Reading and Writing. It also worked around my school schedule which was great. Everyone was really nice.
Students first employees second.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2016
The university allows students to grow as individuals within their jobs and make sure that the students have the ability to be successful in the class room as well as at their job.
Very friendly and relaxing environment
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 10, 2015
Supervisors are friendly, helpful, and actively encourage people to ask questions. Flexible hours which allows you to choose to work as little or as much as you want. Little training to get up to speed on the job and mostly relies on co-workers giving new hires the ropes. Employees are regularly given the opportunity to advance to new jobs and take on more responsibilities.
Productive and fun work enviorment
Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2015
My work schedule was 8a-4:40p My department had a total of 9 people and we got along so well and was always willing to help each other out of needed. My work day consisted of meeting, approving invoices then sending them to my supervisor for his approval, tracking paid invoices, talking with co-workers and faculty members and entering data into our system. Held weekly meeting with my supervisor and have documents signed by the VP that needed his signature.

Was promoted 2 times between 2010 to 2014
Pros
Health Benefits, excellent salary, some trainings with lunch provided
Cons
hard to move up in deparmtment, had to look putside of department
Great place for research
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 1, 2015
UCF is a good and upcoming research university. The work environment is not too hectic, so it allows me time for other activities that I would like to involve myself in. It has very transparent and flexible management and the needs to students are heard to and met.
Fun place to work at.
Events Staff (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2015
We start our shift with a briefing, explaining everything we need to do, so our job gets done smoothly and to create a safe environment for the public. We close our shift with a report to our supervisor with good things or any incidents throughout the shift.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
No benefits
Nice environment
research assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2015
UCF has a pretty campus and provides students with variety of subjects to discover. As far as research is concerned, computer vision group (CRCV) at UCF is widely known.
Great place to work.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2015
I've worked there for eight years of Administrative and gained experience with a higher education institution. Always perseveres to accomplish the best results for everyone.
An interesting learning experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 3, 2015
This was an internship for a professor and was a fascinating experience. It was fun to help and see how a professor prepare and gather information in order to publish their writing.
I learned how to prioritize tasks,
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 22, 2015
I learned how to prioritize tasks,
how to manage my time to get on time to my deadlines

hardest part of job was to develop a map that was taking a lot of time but I was obliged to submit it soon because of tight deadline of project submission
Go Knights!
Multicultural Academic & Support Services (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 21, 2015
I have always enjoyed my time at UCF, both as a student and an employee! My team has been supportive of my educational pursuits and I have been given the opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
was an undergrad volunteer
Laboratory Technician-Volunteer (Former Employee) –  orlando flOctober 10, 2015
working as undergrad volunteer was a very rewarding experience. the freedom to do experiments but also knowing that they were there in case we needed them
Potential for higher education and advancement.
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Safety DepartmentOctober 6, 2015
Great place to work, Able to do your job without a lot of supervision. My job title is EH & S Life Safety Specialist. Conduct training, performs fire safety inspections, conducts fire drills, and assist the State Fire Marshal in his annual fire and life safety inspections of the entire campus.
Wonderful place to work
Adjunct Instructor - School of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 3, 2015
Interacting with students is very rewarding and enjoyable. I enjoy helping them achieve their goals and all that I learn from their assignment postings, especially about their culture and experience. The university staff is always very helpful and pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job is, as an adjunct, your schedule is variable.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Uncertain schedule
Great Undergraduate Experience
Teaching Assistant for Intro to C (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2015
A typical day at work depends on the day. My responsibilities were split between one day of office hours and then other days for grading. The grading was easy, I could do it from any location including test grading. Office hours were also pretty easy depending on the day due to the fact that you would get flooded if you had office hours on a day an assignment was due.
Pros
Learning experience.
Cons
Limited hours.
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaSeptember 21, 2015
Great environment with plenty of amenities. Countless avenues to get extra academic help and possibilities for extra curricular activities.
Very Accomodating
Student Disabilities Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2015
The university was very aware of students working and going to school. One of the requirements to apply was to submit a class schedule for the current semester. Hours were planned around class times, as well as your personal schedule (to an extent). Many of the staff I worked with were very polite and willing to extend help whenever necessary.
Pros
very flexible with schedule
Cons
Didnt get paid until the end of the semester (for my particular position)
Great place
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  orlandoSeptember 16, 2015
opportunity for expansion and experience. leadership works for you. two types of status for employess ops status is without benefits but pay is good.

4.4