University of Central Florida

University of Central Florida Employee Reviews

Good
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2015
Good envinronment good scenery, friendly people. Work is intense but UCF stands for opportunities. It works. And now it's the time to see.
UCF
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), orlandoJuly 1, 2015
Great learning atmosphere. Aside from being a student, working with the biochemistry department was a very enjoyable experience.
Good Place to Work
Instructor, Developmental Psychology (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 27, 2015
This is a great place to gain experience in working with the full range of mental health illnesses. Ability to work independently.
Great environment
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 23, 2015
Pros: Management, team building, culture
Cons: Break time, pay rate, hours
Easy going job with great balance for work and school.
Pay and hours can be better though.
Great culture and emphasis on the school.
Great Place to Work
Coordinator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 23, 2015
Great Benefits! Schedules are great. Hardest part of the job are the customers. They just don't "get it." The coworkers are amazing.
An amazing place to learn
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 1, 2015
Being a graduate research assistant and teaching assistant, University of Central Florida offered me an opportunity to learn,educate and innovate.

I never felt anything wrong with UCF since it gave me an opportunity to explore potential.
Micromanagement and a lack of team playing environment
Administrative Assist/Faculty & Academic Affairs (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 31, 2015
Management's expectation of work productivity from employees can be unrealistic. I learned that their is no room for new ideas that may possibly increase productivity and efficiency. In many cases, co-workers who were a big part of the department's productivity would be uncooperative which, would become a roadblock in reaching the final goal of a project or task.
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: flexible hourse
Cons: lack of support.
It is a great place to work. You learn so much how to advocate for the students. The management can help you to achieve your goals. It is nice place to work for.
Physics department is excellent
Research Associate (Former Employee), OrlandoMay 19, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: major funding cuts
I have been teaching and research assistant at physics department at UCF, and it is an awesome place to work! I joined as teaching assistant and eventually in one year I found the advisor. Since then my experience has been great. Although, funding cut is a big issue when it comes to Phd.
Loved Every Minute
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 6, 2015
Being the 2nd largest university in the country the atmosphere is very open. I had a flexible schedule and my leaders were very helpful in my learning. They were patient and always found ways for me to learn something new.
Flexible Schedule
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), orlando, FLApril 24, 2015
The boss was very nice with the flexibility of the schedule. the coworkers are very nice. travel was paid for which was nice
Good People Doing a Difficult Job
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 13, 2015
Due to the size of UCF (60000+ students), measures must be taken to effectively administer the student body. The university, and the Department of Mathematical Sciences in particular, are quite adept in meeting this formidable challenge. However, some of the more personal aspects of education and advisement common to smaller schools are waylaid. The people are wonderful and caring, but are often overshadowed by the machinery needed to operate a school of this size.
This being said, lemons are being turned to lemonade. The Math Department uses its size to employ new teaching techniques and models. Beginning undergraduate math is taught in a modified emporium model. A new program, adjustments are made as needs are identified. The model is of the machine, but the fine-tuning is directed by the good people of the department. Computer based math may indeed be the paradigm of the future, and UCF is blazing the trail.
Professional Place for Research
Instructor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 25, 2015
University of Central Florida was the best option for my graduate studies. Because not only it is a fun place to work and study, but also it is a very professional environment.
Positive Work Culture, Limited Advancement Opportunities
Senior Property Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 3, 2015
Pros: positive and relaxed work culture
Cons: limited compensation and advancement opportunities
I have worked for UCF for almost 3 years and have enjoyed a generally positive work environment. Work culture is professional but relaxed. Salary compensation is much lower than what one would encounter in the private sector, however, the peripheral benefits (sick leave, annual leave, insurance, discounts) help to offset this factor. For ambitious employees, there are many training opportunities available, however, advanced opportunities are very limited. Job satisfaction can range from very low to very high depending on the department/college that one works for.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: workload
As a Research assistant I was in charge of the literature analysis for the human factors psychology department. This included reading journals and articles that were published and related to our research and trying to find ways in which this would support or reject our hypothesis.
The co workers were great because they all have the same interests as you. It was great to talk to them during down time so that they could help you with homework or other issues you were having.
The management was great because they knew we were all students so they worked with out schedules and was very understanding during test weeks.
The hardest part of the job was having to balance the work load between this job and my other classes, however it also taught me great time management skills.
Overall A typical Graduate TA Experience
Graduate Writing Consultant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 12, 2015
This position helped me make a decision to instead work in the private sector for the time being. I worked in the writing center for 20 hours, did special projects, attended seminars, and was required to read and write too much daily.
Talented staff and students
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no work structure
Working for UCF at the Flying Horse Editions was a very rewarding and interesting position. Working with graduate students and successful artist was fascinating and exciting. Coordinating their activities and watching their creative process was inspiring and varied.
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Good opportunity to have a job while finishing Masters program. Salary for graduate assistants in kind of low and should be adjusted to consider cost of living in the Orlando area
always expanding
Building QA/QC Inspector/ Maintenance (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2015
I have had the opportunity to take advantage of many classes there to better mysef
Exelent