University of Central Florida Employee Reviews in United States

Great campus
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 8, 2016
Awesome place to work, beautiful scenery and huge place. yes that is true. Big place. Green areas. Many buildings and such
Higher Education
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  The Office of Alumni Engagement and Annual GivingMay 1, 2016
Monday through Friday, 8 to 5, some nights and weekends.

I start my day with checking emails and respond to questions that have arose through the evening. Once all the emails have been checked, I review the calendar to see if there is anything that I need to prepare for the Associate Vice President for the day. Throughout the day, I will schedule meetings, type agendas, prepare expense reports and assist other staff members when in need of time with the Associate Vice President.

All of my co-workers work hard to achieve the goal of the office.

The hardest part of the job being to far from home.

I enjoy all the people I work with. They make coming to work easier.
Senior Design
Senior Design Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 13, 2016
I was the team leader of my senior design project. We successfully designed and built a motion racing simulator with 4 degrees of freedom.
Pros
Had access to lab equipment and data acquisition systems, was provided with a substantial budget
Cons
Lack of involvement from faculty advisors, given little direction
Ucf
Undergraduate Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 10, 2016
helped teacher with whatever tasks asked of me
would prompt tests and finals
graded homework, quizzes, and tests
meet with student to discuss subject and help them with their understanding of the subject
excellent
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 7, 2016
my adviser was one of the most prestigious guys in his fields and greatly helped me to learn a lot of useful skills and instruments.
Also university of central Florida provide excellent research opportunity.
Administrative
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlado, FLMarch 14, 2016
Been here over 5 years and love it.
Always a flexible and friendly environment.
A typical day is usually smooth and when not it is loaded with great new things.
Fun and interactive Workplace
Event Operations staff (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 22, 2016
A typical day at work for The University of Central Florida is a fun and exciting one. Working for UCF athletics is an experience of a life time and being involved with the NCAA and leaders of our University is something that no other job will never be able to compare to.
The magic of sharing my knowledge
Social Psychology Teacher Assistance (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 22, 2016
I am a teacher Assistant for an online class. I am learning so many things at this position. The thing that I like the most about this job is that I am able to do what I like, help people and share my knowledge.
College
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 16, 2016
It was a great time. Had fun during senior design. Refined my ideology of what engineering truly is and my engineering skills.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
inconsistent hours
Nice School
Student (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2016
I Enjoyed Going To School There. I Had Good Teachers and Good Student Collegues. The Courses Where Challenging and The Ideas I Learned Where Pretty Cool.
it's a good place to get professional experience.
Spanish Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2016
It's a good place to get a very good professional experience. I think the administration people have personal preferences in the hiring process.
Fws
OFFICE OF STUDENT FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2016
It was a simple job. I worked with a lot of cool people, met a lot of new students, but an office job is not for me. i don t know what else to say just leave me alone. i am just trying to apply for a job at steak n shake . why do u care about my work study job. it was boring.
Flexible and Great For Students
PEER ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2016
They are very helpful and understanding of our class schedule and do everything to accommodate you. Training is extensive and the job is very fulfilling.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not Salary based
Productive place to work.
Content Tutor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2016
A typical day would result in coming in, and assisting students with their assignments regarding to the subjects of English, Reading and Writing. It also worked around my school schedule which was great. Everyone was really nice.
Students first employees second.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2016
The university allows students to grow as individuals within their jobs and make sure that the students have the ability to be successful in the class room as well as at their job.
Very friendly and relaxing environment
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 10, 2015
Supervisors are friendly, helpful, and actively encourage people to ask questions. Flexible hours which allows you to choose to work as little or as much as you want. Little training to get up to speed on the job and mostly relies on co-workers giving new hires the ropes. Employees are regularly given the opportunity to advance to new jobs and take on more responsibilities.
Productive and fun work enviorment
Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2015
My work schedule was 8a-4:40p My department had a total of 9 people and we got along so well and was always willing to help each other out of needed. My work day consisted of meeting, approving invoices then sending them to my supervisor for his approval, tracking paid invoices, talking with co-workers and faculty members and entering data into our system. Held weekly meeting with my supervisor and have documents signed by the VP that needed his signature.

Was promoted 2 times between 2010 to 2014
Pros
Health Benefits, excellent salary, some trainings with lunch provided
Cons
hard to move up in deparmtment, had to look putside of department
Great place for research
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 1, 2015
UCF is a good and upcoming research university. The work environment is not too hectic, so it allows me time for other activities that I would like to involve myself in. It has very transparent and flexible management and the needs to students are heard to and met.
Fun place to work at.
Events Staff (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2015
We start our shift with a briefing, explaining everything we need to do, so our job gets done smoothly and to create a safe environment for the public. We close our shift with a report to our supervisor with good things or any incidents throughout the shift.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
No benefits
Nice environment
research assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2015
UCF has a pretty campus and provides students with variety of subjects to discover. As far as research is concerned, computer vision group (CRCV) at UCF is widely known.

4.4