University of Central Florida Employee Reviews in United States

Great place for research
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 1, 2015
UCF is a good and upcoming research university. The work environment is not too hectic, so it allows me time for other activities that I would like to involve myself in. It has very transparent and flexible management and the needs to students are heard to and met.
Fun place to work at.
Events Staff (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2015
We start our shift with a briefing, explaining everything we need to do, so our job gets done smoothly and to create a safe environment for the public. We close our shift with a report to our supervisor with good things or any incidents throughout the shift.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
No benefits
Nice environment
research assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2015
UCF has a pretty campus and provides students with variety of subjects to discover. As far as research is concerned, computer vision group (CRCV) at UCF is widely known.
Great place to work.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2015
I've worked there for eight years of Administrative and gained experience with a higher education institution. Always perseveres to accomplish the best results for everyone.
An interesting learning experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 3, 2015
This was an internship for a professor and was a fascinating experience. It was fun to help and see how a professor prepare and gather information in order to publish their writing.
I learned how to prioritize tasks,
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 22, 2015
I learned how to prioritize tasks,
how to manage my time to get on time to my deadlines

hardest part of job was to develop a map that was taking a lot of time but I was obliged to submit it soon because of tight deadline of project submission
Go Knights!
Multicultural Academic & Support Services (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 21, 2015
I have always enjoyed my time at UCF, both as a student and an employee! My team has been supportive of my educational pursuits and I have been given the opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
was an undergrad volunteer
Laboratory Technician-Volunteer (Former Employee) –  orlando flOctober 10, 2015
working as undergrad volunteer was a very rewarding experience. the freedom to do experiments but also knowing that they were there in case we needed them
Potential for higher education and advancement.
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Safety DepartmentOctober 6, 2015
Great place to work, Able to do your job without a lot of supervision. My job title is EH & S Life Safety Specialist. Conduct training, performs fire safety inspections, conducts fire drills, and assist the State Fire Marshal in his annual fire and life safety inspections of the entire campus.
Wonderful place to work
Adjunct Instructor - School of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 3, 2015
Interacting with students is very rewarding and enjoyable. I enjoy helping them achieve their goals and all that I learn from their assignment postings, especially about their culture and experience. The university staff is always very helpful and pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job is, as an adjunct, your schedule is variable.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Uncertain schedule
Great Undergraduate Experience
Teaching Assistant for Intro to C (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2015
A typical day at work depends on the day. My responsibilities were split between one day of office hours and then other days for grading. The grading was easy, I could do it from any location including test grading. Office hours were also pretty easy depending on the day due to the fact that you would get flooded if you had office hours on a day an assignment was due.
Pros
Learning experience.
Cons
Limited hours.
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaSeptember 21, 2015
Great environment with plenty of amenities. Countless avenues to get extra academic help and possibilities for extra curricular activities.
Very Accomodating
Student Disabilities Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2015
The university was very aware of students working and going to school. One of the requirements to apply was to submit a class schedule for the current semester. Hours were planned around class times, as well as your personal schedule (to an extent). Many of the staff I worked with were very polite and willing to extend help whenever necessary.
Pros
very flexible with schedule
Cons
Didnt get paid until the end of the semester (for my particular position)
Great place
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  orlandoSeptember 16, 2015
opportunity for expansion and experience. leadership works for you. two types of status for employess ops status is without benefits but pay is good.
enjoy it
Lead Chef Catering (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 10, 2015
is a rare blend of employees who are passionate about food and people. We are provided a nourishing environment with the freedom to create uniquely in our own style. This consistently brings out the best in all of us to the benefit of our customers.”
Great place to work and terrific benefits, and opportunities to advance.
Sr. Health & Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2015
Great team I work with in EH & S. We all work together accomplishing our daily tasks in making the University as safe as possible. Great leadership, always encouraging you to continue with higher education opportunities. Have enjoyed my 2+ years here at University of Central Florida.
Loan Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2015
Good place to work. Co-Workers are very nice. Good pay.
There is room for advancement. Great Medical / dental plans. Supportive Management.

It is a very large university (60,000 students), so at the beginning of each semester it is very busy.
Pros
Good atmosphere. Room for career advancement.
Operated postal machines, UPS, and Express, learned regulations
Postal clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2015
I worked in the Postal Services at UCF for over eight years, having learned much about computers, running the postal machines, performing administrative tasks that accompany this type of job. I sorted and delivered mail to all of the departments, following a prescribed route, picking up the outgoing mail to be processed and sent out for mailing. I learned how to process bulk mailings, UPS, library materials, thus learning the regulations for each type of mail. Periodically, I served as a courier, traveling throughout Central Florida to all of our area campuses, bringing their incoming materials for their satellite courses, and retrieving the outgoing ones to be returned to the designated department at the end of the day. I handled confidential material, payroll, and other items of top priority. While inside the mail room, I learned to perform administrative duties involving the monies in each postal machine, balancing the ascending and descending registers, and other duties related to running a mail room smoothly.
Pros
I was provided with training in postal regulations and computers
Cons
It could be hard physical labor lifting tubs and trays in and out of a van.
Very fun place to work at.
Network Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Network Services DepartmentAugust 18, 2015
Very relaxed atmosphere, co-workers get along and help each other solving problems with the network. I have learned a lot, specially in the Network Services area. All my co-workers have gone above and beyond to teach me and making sure that I understand everything that has to do with my current position as a Network Service Technician.
Pros
Experience gained.
Cons
Its only a contract position.
Small fish in a big pond
University Professor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2015
I have enjoyed my time working at UCF. It is a large school with many employees. Sometimes you feel like a small fish and other times you feel like you do contribute to the overall success of the university.

4.4