University of Central Florida Employee Reviews

Very productive
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 1, 2017
Maintained busy at all times and learned a lot during my time there. I enjoyed the people I worked with along with the many people I was able to meet. I was able to excel in my position and help others grow as well.
Cons
expensive
Straightforward and easy-going organizational culture
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 1, 2017
Identify which jar of fish I'll be working on.
Take the X-rays and record the results in an excel spreadsheet.
My manager is organized and professional and fair.
Hardest part of the job would be dealing with the finicky x-ray machine.
Most enjoyable part is the freedom in making your hours and the lack of micro-management.
Amazing Learning Place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 15, 2017
As a grader and teaching assistant, i correct papers of students turned in for Introduction to C. I assist them in the lab assignments where i can help solve the problems and guide them in a right path
Manageable and good experience
Engineering Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Teach students fundamentals for engineering
Learned how to manage social professional relationships with students.
Not bad working there
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Most of my time was setting up interviews for UCF students to interviews with Lockheed Martin managers. Rest of time was spent on files, computer, and email.
Great.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 31, 2017
TA package is good. Excellent guidance from various advisors. The university has a good education standard. Recommend it.
Typical IT day
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 27, 2017
Typical day at work would be to support existing infrastructure servers, Active Directory support, DHCP, DNS, and support tickets.
Excellent organization to work for!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 24, 2017
As office manager for the College of Education, I worked very closely with Professors to help them with day-to-day operations for their classes, such as ordering text books, travel remimbursement, and student services.
Not bad for a student position
Student Assistant for Undergraduate Admissions (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 18, 2017
It's not terrible. It's about what you'd expect for a university. It gets really tedious, but very easy. Of course I get no benefits, but they keep us well fed (hahaha). Management is really awesome. Everyone is pretty relaxed and friendly.
Unproductive and wasteful opportunity
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2017
A typical day will have you complete your daily task - or weekly in most cases - within a few hours. The busiest you will be is when students come in for medicine or food. The "extra" work demanded of you is to stand outside during the month of December until 11 pm selling popcorn. The store is frustratingly unproductive which in turn utilizes very little of any skilled or trained worker. For anyone with no drive to move on or to make an impact this would be a perfect fit. However, those with ambition and drive should turn away.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Poor pay, unproductive
Can be what you make it
Athletics Communication Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 30, 2016
This internship can be what you make it. You have to go out and take initiative. You should be a strong writer but also be hands on.
Very relaxing and understanding environment
Writing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 29, 2016
For a student, the job is very enjoyable and much can be learned from it that will be beneficial in the long run. Very accommodating and considerate of a student's hectic schedule .
Amazing school
PhD Student, Mechanical Engineering (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 22, 2016
It was my good school ever which helped me to build my skills. I learned how to work in team and be responsible for my task when it signed for me. I am really thankful for that school.
Behavior Therapy Assistance
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oviedo, FLDecember 15, 2016
I have been given the opportunity to work with children from ages 3-5 to help assist in their every day activities. These children are being tested for speech impairments, behavioral problems, and/or autism. It has been an amazing experience working with the children and learning from the teachers. Each day we are given a task and what is expected of the child. The activities were very diverse and created to improve the quality of life for the child.
Wonderful Enviorment
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 14, 2016
Amazing place to work. Very cultured and diverse group of people who seriously care about you. The only issue I have a problem with is how long it takes for things to process.
Cons
Slow Process Time
Excellent University
GTA Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 26, 2016
Provides Master Degree Students with Stipends and opportunities to teach allowing to gain experience. The profeswsors and the programs facilitate the study and practice of your skills
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 30, 2016
Great place to work that offers many opportunities for growth. Friendly employees with friendly work environments. Many positions require a Master's Degree but not all of them. Positions open every week so keep checking jobswithucf.com.
Productive and fun work environment
Fitness Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 26, 2016
Opportunity to learn and develop key skills to be successful post college. Emphasis was placed on accountability, responsibility, and encouragement for team members.
Steady, busy internal adminsitrative work
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 20, 2016
Most days have steady work which circulates around project managing strategies and travel coordination for faculty members and students. Learned a lot about property management. Hardest part is the lack of new challenge and most enjoyable is the environment that other's offer.
Productive and fun place to work at, culturally diverse
Library Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 4, 2016
Provide assistance to students in terms of configuration and trouble-shooting of technological
equipment and software

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Central Florida. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4