University of Central Missouri Employee Reviews in United States

Productive workplace with good work load
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOApril 12, 2016
* Able to assist students when required
* improved interpersonal communication skills, troubleshooting/problem solving skills
* helpful co-workers
* enough time to carry out assigned tasks and some free time.
Pros
Able to carryout personal course work when no task at hand
Work Life Balance
Research Assistant on 'NO SQL' Databases (Former Employee) –  MOMarch 5, 2016
Great Company to Work.
Learned Middlware technologies like TIBCO BW and CRM tools like SIEBEL, JAVA , SQL Fundementals.
Worked for 2 years in the Telcom Domain
Productive work place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJanuary 26, 2016
Steady place of employment. Productive work environment with self motivation playing a large factor of employee success. Benefits are good.
Supplemental Instruction Leader for Psychology
Supplemental Instruction Leader for Psychology (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJanuary 25, 2016
It was a lot of work. The students I served did not always respect me. I put a lot of effort into this job. I usually worked from Monday/wednesday 2:00-2:50 and Tuesday/Thursday 11-12:15.
Pros
Money
Cons
Students
A fairly typical university, lots of growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MONovember 22, 2015
UCM is a good Division2 state university with a fantastic strategic leadership team. The most enjoyable part of my job has been interacting with students while being able to be in a position I love.
Great place to meet new people
Temporary Systems Process Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MONovember 20, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics.
Pros
Meeting people from all walks of life
Cons
Having to say goodbye at the end of the school year
A great learning experience
UCM Media Network Intern (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MONovember 5, 2015
Working as an intern at the Media Center was great fun and a great learning experience. You would be surprised how many skills you obtain in such short time. Everyone was very helpful and were eager to see you learn and advance.

While there was no pay, that is just par for the course when it comes to internships.
Pros
helpful coworkers, vast amount of skills to learn
Productive, involved, progressive
Adjunct Professor- WGS, Race, Class, & Gender (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOOctober 26, 2015
I have been part of the Center for Women, Gender, & Sexuality Studies for six years, I have a very strong relationship with the Director, fellow WGSS professors, as well as current students and graduates of the program. It's a lot different to teach the class that sparked my passion for human rights and social justice. While it feels amazing to be directly involved with the students, it presents its challenges. Pay is not as well as I had expected. In addition, I have to meet the needs of 50 students, all with diverse backgrounds. Over all, it's an amazing experience.
Good
Graduate Assistant for the Safety Department (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOSeptember 15, 2015
The work is construction based therefore you are required to travel. The people you work with are very helpful and want to see you succeed. I am thankful for the experience given to me here.
Fun place to work
Resident Assistant / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOSeptember 8, 2015
I really enjoyed my time working for the University. I was able to meet some nice people that was able to open my mind to different thing. The best part of this job was that I was able to meet different people from different walks of life and was able to look at life through their point of view.
Engaging Environment
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJuly 2, 2015
A typical work day is calling alumni asking to update their information and letting the constituents know what is currently going on at the university of central Missouri. I learned how to further improve my communication skills. My co-workers were fine to work with. There is nothing difficult about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know some of the older alumni and hearing their experiences.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Short hours. Only worked from 6 p.m-9 p.m.
Leaves more to be desired.
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOMay 27, 2015
Students were not hard working enough. the culture was not that promoted hard work. this can be very frustrating stif as a lecturer you are serious about your work.
Great Enviroment
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Saint LouisMay 4, 2015
Love working and attending the school during the time I did. Some things changed but not for the bad for the good. I would recommend graduate students.
Productive and fun place to work
Student Recreation and Wellness Associate (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOApril 29, 2015
best place to work on campus. the environment is fun and upbeat, the people are energetic and lively, and you get to do homework while on the clock. its great for work study or getting experience for those in exercise science, nutrition science, etc.
Pros
can do homework on the clock
Cons
long, boring shifts
Fun work, great for students.
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOMarch 31, 2015
Work is relatively simple as long as you have a solid grasp of the English language. Can be slow at times. A lot of my time was spent working with exchange students, so you must be able to communicate effectively with non-english speakers.
Lecturer position.
Chemistry Lecturer (Former Employee) –  warrensburg missouriMarch 19, 2015
I worked here for only a year. I taught introductory courses to students who were at various years of their academic life.
Flexible, Awesome, Preparing
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOMarch 15, 2015
I did a number of things while working as a graduate assistant; answered and sent a lot of emails. The best things I did was coordinate and attend events on campus. Engaging with fellow students was always fun and inspiring. Working here really helped prepare me professionally and gave me the tools necessary to working with different people and accomplishing goals.
Grad Student at UCM
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOFebruary 26, 2015
I have enjoyed working at UCM for several years in many roles. There are many staff that are future thinking and want to support new ideas; the overall direction of UCM is going in a positive way.
Overall very fun
UCM Political Science Intern (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJanuary 25, 2015
UCM is a great university to gain skills and the ability to be successful in the workplace.
Fun environment and great co-workers!
Facilities, Planning, and Operations (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOSeptember 23, 2014
I would answer phones and talk to students or teachers about any maintenance issues occurring in their building. It was very easy and I worked with a great group of people. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people I worked with. They were always willing to help me if I had any issues.

4.3