University of Central Missouri Employee Reviews

Intramural Supervisor
Intramural Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOApril 17, 2017
Working with different sports was an great experience and working with different participants everyday was fun. Learning about the different sports and knowing the rules will help in the future when I have job that involves all the different sports.
Pros
Flexibilty of schedule
Cons
The pay is below average.
A job which gives satisfaction
Program Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MO 64093April 7, 2017
My position here at the University of Central Missouri involved the daily oversight and management of the Breath Alcohol Instrument Training Program. Training law enforcement officers has been one of the most satisfying positions I have ever held. The position was grant funded (through federal grants) and had to be renewed each and every year; which, as you can imagine, produced quite a bit of stress just prior to grant renewal time. I might be in the classroom for eight hours straight on one day and in the lab (calibrating and repairing instruments) the next...and in the office for hours of report preparation the next. I learned how to multi-task by moving from one lab bench to another and working on different types of complicated instruments. I learned how to convey information to a variety of learners. I learned how to testify in court during criminal prosecutions. I was the very first program manager over this particular program and was picked by my supervisor to "make it so" after he and the Missouri Highway Safety Director literally sketched out ideas for the program on a cocktail napkin. Our work environment was somewhat stressful but when people are competent at their jobs even stressful environments can be overcome. At first I did not supervise anyone but as the job grew I supervised two others. Learning how to supervise was perhaps the most difficult part of this job. The most enjoyable part was hearing from officers I had trained as they excelled at locating, investigating and arresting impaired drivers...thus making our roads safer here in Missouri. I  more... believe the two men I supervise now are indeed ready to take on my duties and keep this essential program alive.  less
Pros
8-5 workday, very few evenings, some weekends.
Cons
health care benefits were expensive for me to put my wife and son on.
Ucm
Alumni Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOApril 4, 2017
Great, college, many clubs, and activities. Love the campus and professors. While working we called several alumni an asked for donations to the university and answered any questions for them which was fun.
Great Environment
Assistant to the Director of International Center (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOMarch 31, 2017
I love my job! Working here has been a joy as well as educational. I have learned more computer skills, have done student advising, made connections with faculty and staff.
Not too bad
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOMarch 27, 2017
Overall they keep things light and are very relaxed at the job but some times it can get hectic and the job security can be a little hard to handle but it isn't all bad.
Pros
good enviornment
Cons
no out look for the future
Very supportive work environment
University Relations Student Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOMarch 17, 2017
The University Relations team is a very supportive group that encourages creativity and growth. I learned a lot about the processes of a collaborative work environment and how print projects are created from start to finish. I enjoy bouncing ideas off of other team members and having access to people that have so much experience in my career field.
Pros
Being constantly surrounded by creatives.
Cons
Limited hours available
Excellent
Community Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOFebruary 28, 2017
This university really cares about the students and faculty. One of the best employers out there. The staff and faculty on campus truly do well in making your experience with the University of Central Missouri great.
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOFebruary 20, 2017
I have been going to the University of Central Missouri for the last 4 years. The professors are really helpful, and the environment is condusive for school.If you want to excel, i would highly recommend it.
Pros
good teachers, nice gym
average job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOFebruary 16, 2017
This job was very unorganized and inefficient at scheduling. I worked several overnight shift with class the next morning. I stayed with this job because the hours were decent but the shifts were terrible and management and coworkers were unorganized
Ok workplace
Professor and Program Coordinator - lead (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJanuary 30, 2017
Lots of strife from a large bureaucracy that is top heavy. Educational focus can easily get lost, mainly because of the US attitude that everyone deserves and should go to university.
work place with great intellectuals
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 22, 2017
I worked in this university as a graduate assistant for 6 months.it is a place to learn lot of new things and you will be having fun with the job satisfaction
Awesome experience for UCM students
Student Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJanuary 19, 2017
You will gain plenty of studio production experience and learn to trust your own judgement when it comes to shot composition and editing. There is a maximum of 15 hour per week, which makes it ideal when juggling a hectic class schedule.
Pros
Flexible scheduling.
Cons
Limited hours per week.
Great Biology Department
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJanuary 11, 2017
Most of the faculty are fantastic and it's a fun department to work in though it's sadly underfunded. Some room for growth, large undergraduate research program.
Fair work environment.
Fitness and Wellness Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJanuary 9, 2017
I work here as a GA so my thoughts on the school from a professional position are limited. From what I see, it is a fair place to work, although at times progress gets slowed due to the political process of things.
Great atmosphere, and works around schedules.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MODecember 20, 2016
Typical work days are normal. I have learned a lot about over the phone customer service, and how to work with others. Management is alright, and my coworkers are great. The hardest part about my job is finding things to stay busy when we get our work done so fast, but the most enjoyable part is being able to work with such good people, and have a great supervisor.
great place to work at
bachelor's of science in criminal justice (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MODecember 11, 2016
average day at university of central Missouri. go to class, eat then go to more classes. great environment great people, great classes.
Pros
big place
Cons
hard classes
Productive and fun workplace
Supervisor of Intramural Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MONovember 28, 2016
Educational experience that allowed me to see the intramural aspect of recreational sports. It was a fun experience where I got to be involved in sports and I enjoyed my time.
Pros
sports, people
Very productive and fun.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOOctober 26, 2016
Very productive and fun. you get to interact with different people from different cultures. I have learned to not be afraid or shy to ask questions. Everyone was friendly including the supervisors.
Good opportunites for students
Student Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOOctober 18, 2016
Worked as a student employee. Helped pay off students loans. The professors were great and respectful. I worked here until I graduated.
Pros
Worked in a computer lab helping fellow students while also getting homework done.
Cons
Can't think of any
Nice and friendly working atmosphere. Flexible working hours. All the professors I worked with were great and friendly. I enjoyed my job
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOOctober 16, 2016
I learned a lot of management skills. My job was to assist professors with anything they needed to teach. I proctored tests, graded, tests, covered class when the professors were not able to.
Pros
Time flexibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Central Missouri. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4