University of Central Missouri

University of Central Missouri Employer Reviews

Fun and learning environment
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Lees Summit, MOSeptember 15, 2014
Co-workers are fun and the workplace is very encouraging. The awards provided in the ceremonies encourages you to do more
Fun work environment
Teachers assistant (Current Employee), University of Central MissouriSeptember 8, 2014
As a teachers assistant I would typically handle every assignment a student would turn into the professor. Then my job would be to input grades into our blackboard system, then answer any additional questions students had about their grade.
Great co-workers. Every day has it's own challenges
Admission's Processor (Current Employee), Warrensburg, MOAugust 24, 2014
Pros: 2 breaks and a long lunch every day, great health care, vacation and sick leave benefits
My co-workers make this place feel like a second home. They have become like family to me. They are there for me if I have a professional or personal problem. We work directly under the assistant director who is rather easy going, he will do what he can to help out when we are swamped with work and give us "busy" work when things are slow. The hardest – more... part is generally telling students they are denied, but it helps when we can give them some guidance on where they can go from there. The other hard thing can be dealing with constant interruptions from advisors and phone calls. – less
Steady Hours for the time the job is open
Custodial Worker (Current Employee), Warrensburg, MOJuly 5, 2014
Pros: get off fairly early in the day, lots of people to meet, steady work schedule
Cons: short lunches and breaks, can be hectic, lazy coworkers, temp. job
normally work begins at 7 am here, when you clock in, you're designated to your work area and listen for any further instructions as well. you will mainly be cleaning rooms with many coworkers but you clean your own suites most of the time. you get two breaks and a lunch of thirty minutes. you typically leave at 3:30 or 4 depending on the day shift – more... you are given at orientation.

the coworkers are often people your same age group but not always and if you're looking for a social job then you might like it although the pay is minimal. mine happen to all speak another language and i'm the only female this year so its quite irritating and lonely at times.

management is another ordeal. the former residential director left this year so the new present one is unknown but i will tell you this: expect chaos and a lot of sudden change-ups. more often than not, we're rushed to start a project or on an area for cleaning before they decide to send you somewhere else instead. there's one person in charge who just has an awful attitude and she will talk to you like you're dirt but just control yourself and you'll be fine. you rarely see her anyways.

I can't say that i learned much considering I've been experienced for a good while before this position, but i did learn how to do floor work such as laying finish to make the floor tile shine.

the hardest part had to be not being recognized for the actual amount of work you do everyday. You go everyday on time, and work yourself to exhaustion, silently hoping someone might notice you standing out and might give you a chance at a stable job. for me, that's the hardest because you know you are under-paid and unappreciated but you still have to keep going.

I suppose the most enjoyable aspect, if there is one, is all the different kinds of people you can meet. And sometimes goodies are brought in if the crew does a real good job as a whole.

this is a seasonal temp. position so if you're looking for work to hold you by until school as a student or if you just need the extra cash, then its a fairly decent start. – less
Frienly environment
Custodian of University Housing (Current Employee), Warrensburg, MOJune 16, 2014
The highly esteemed University of Central Missouri has a mission to create “a living, learning, and working environment” that serves as a catalyst to help the university offer top-tier education to all students. Those employed in each department of the university are held to the standards that produce the best and brightest of each graduating class.
Student
Student (Former Employee), Warrensburg, MOMay 11, 2014
Pros: great school
Student. School treats veteran student very well. Classes were well sized.
Productive and challenging place with guidance from professors.
Research Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Warrensburg, MOMay 10, 2014
Pros: knowledge that professors share with us, patience
My day starts with meeting the professor and letting know about the task I should accomplish.
I've learned how to manage time between personal and professional works and how to research on various topics with the few given key words
My professors were highly co-operative, caring, helpful and guide me in all the various tasks I'm assigned to
My fellow – more... students were highly energetic, helpful and are really funny to work with
The job isn't much hard to do, but it take some extra time to work on a particular task assigned to me
I enjoyed each and every minute of my job hours. – less
Great Learning experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Warrensburg, MOApril 18, 2014
I had a great time working for this company. I met lots of cultured people. I went through many of training programs thanks to the employer. The best part about the job was getting to meet and be active in the community.
Fun place to work
Student Library Assistant (Former Employee), Warrensburg, MOApril 8, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, good work environment, nice coworkers, quiet
Cons: student position only
I loved working in the James C. Kirkpatrick Library! It was nice and flexible. I got to process the new books and DVDs coming in. The other workers were so nice and helpful.
Tremendous Institution
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Lee's Summit, MOMarch 22, 2014
I love working for UCM. The people, student, and environment are among the best I have known. I wish I was able to work at UCM full time.
No comment
President of Central Poly Club (Former Employee), Warrensburg, MOMarch 13, 2014
Being a student at the UCM is a promising start. Everybody is friendly and are there to help if assistant is needed.
Executive Coordinator
Executive Coordinator -Office of Campus Activities (Former Employee), Warrensburg, MOFebruary 21, 2014
Had a blast! Fun and exciting work environment. Coordinated all student activities and work with various vendors around the world.
Focused institution
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Warrensburg, MOFebruary 19, 2014
UCM was a great place for a students to succeed . The environment was helpful and focused toward the student.
lots of things to do
Community Advisor (Former Employee), Warrensburg, MOFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: school environment
Cons: compensation
There are lots of jobs you can do at a university, and I have had two. A community advisor and recreation attendant. Both were rewarding and fun.
Exciting place to work
Public Relations Assistant (Current Employee), Warrensburg, MOJanuary 2, 2014
I worked under the University Relations department in a student led PR firm called Innovative Public Relations. I worked with different clients from around the community to develop PR campaigns to help promote different events.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Warrensburg, MissouriDecember 4, 2013
A typical day at work includes: answering phones, sending a receiving mail via email, cash exchanges and cleaning
productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Warrensburg, MONovember 17, 2013
Productive and fun workplace.
optional overtime
great benefits
set your own work schedule
it's really good experience
marketing assistant (Former Employee), WarrensburgNovember 2, 2013
Pros: good communicate with each other, know what they think
My part is marketing assistant ! so I need do these things.
※ Surveyed questionnaires for UCM students
※ Originated the products in our showcase
※ Planned Battle of the Band at Bodies on April 6,2013
※ Persuaded UCM students to buy our products
※ Attended every company meeting and communicated with classmates
※ Volunteered at a local charity for 16 – more... hours

Geting well with co-workers. listent their ideas, and tell them what my ideas, also respect with each other.

The most enjoyable part is at the ending we earned total revenue of more than $4000, and donated for local charity. – less
Very relaxed environment but with limited work hours.
Office Assistant & Music Theory Tutor (Former Employee), Warrensburg, MOOctober 22, 2013
Answered phones and directed patrons and answered questions on a regular basis as well as making change when necessary. Tutored on the side through the music department and was typically 1 on 1 with students.
Great place for entry level techs
Help Desk Support Specialist I (Former Employee), Warrensburg, MOJuly 28, 2013
Was a great place for entry-level IT professionals to get some valuable hands-on experience.