University of Central Missouri Employee Reviews

Great place to meet new people
Temporary Systems Process Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MONovember 20, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics.
Pros
Meeting people from all walks of life
Cons
Having to say goodbye at the end of the school year
Java research assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJuly 7, 2016
Good experience learned a lot from my professor. I was grateful assisting him in his research work which is very intuitive.
Productive and fun work place with great people
Marketing Department Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOMay 24, 2016
Was a teaching assistant that helped with day to day activities.
Learned the steps to have experience in the teaching field of marketing.
Rebuilding the structure of the department
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOMay 13, 2016
The department is in the processing of rebuilding after several years of being torn down. There are some new people who are making good changes and bad ones as well.
Pros
Some people
Cons
Structure
Productive workplace with good work load
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOApril 12, 2016
* Able to assist students when required
* improved interpersonal communication skills, troubleshooting/problem solving skills
* helpful co-workers
* enough time to carry out assigned tasks and some free time.
Pros
Able to carryout personal course work when no task at hand
Productive work place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJanuary 26, 2016
Steady place of employment. Productive work environment with self motivation playing a large factor of employee success. Benefits are good.
Excellent Higher Education Job
AUDIO-VISUAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOOctober 15, 2012
Work is consistent yet provides new challenges to allow you to grow. Installation experience and other practical skills were obtained while working at UCM. Management works amazingly with your schedule if you are a student worker and helps you obtain shifts that fit your schedule. It can be very hard work and some manual labor was required in my role (audio-visual technician) but the job was very enjoyable.
Pros
opportunity to learn, flexible scheduling
Cons
low pay and not much opportunity for career growth
Work Life Balance
Research Assistant on 'NO SQL' Databases (Former Employee) –  MOMarch 5, 2016
Great Company to Work.
Learned Middlware technologies like TIBCO BW and CRM tools like SIEBEL, JAVA , SQL Fundementals.
Worked for 2 years in the Telcom Domain
Supplemental Instruction Leader for Psychology
Supplemental Instruction Leader for Psychology (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJanuary 25, 2016
It was a lot of work. The students I served did not always respect me. I put a lot of effort into this job. I usually worked from Monday/wednesday 2:00-2:50 and Tuesday/Thursday 11-12:15.
Pros
Money
Cons
Students
Productive, involved, progressive
Adjunct Professor- WGS, Race, Class, & Gender (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOOctober 26, 2015
I have been part of the Center for Women, Gender, & Sexuality Studies for six years, I have a very strong relationship with the Director, fellow WGSS professors, as well as current students and graduates of the program. It's a lot different to teach the class that sparked my passion for human rights and social justice. While it feels amazing to be directly involved with the students, it presents its challenges. Pay is not as well as I had expected. In addition, I have to meet the needs of 50 students, all with diverse backgrounds. Over all, it's an amazing experience.
Great co-workers. Every day has it's own challenges
Admission's Processor (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOAugust 24, 2014
My co-workers make this place feel like a second home. They have become like family to me. They are there for me if I have a professional or personal problem. We work directly under the assistant director who is rather easy going, he will do what he can to help out when we are swamped with work and give us "busy" work when things are slow. The hardest part is generally telling students they are denied, but it helps when we can give them some guidance on where they can go from there. The other hard thing can be dealing with constant interruptions from advisors and phone calls.
Pros
2 breaks and a long lunch every day, great health care, vacation and sick leave benefits
A large group of people to work in and around
Grounds Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOMarch 30, 2012
UCM is a good, stable place to work I learned a great deal about people, community involvement, and honed many skills related to my career field..
Pros
good benefits
Cons
pay is minimal
A great learning experience
UCM Media Network Intern (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MONovember 5, 2015
Working as an intern at the Media Center was great fun and a great learning experience. You would be surprised how many skills you obtain in such short time. Everyone was very helpful and were eager to see you learn and advance.

While there was no pay, that is just par for the course when it comes to internships.
Pros
helpful coworkers, vast amount of skills to learn
Great place to work for family balance and job security.
System Administrator/Events Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOApril 12, 2012
Get experience and get out. There is almost no promotion opportunities without a Masters or Doctoral Degreee.

Expectation are high, but pay is low.
Pros
free tuition up to fifteen credit hours a year.
Cons
low pay, very expensive insurance for family, no promotions.
A fairly typical university, lots of growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MONovember 22, 2015
UCM is a good Division2 state university with a fantastic strategic leadership team. The most enjoyable part of my job has been interacting with students while being able to be in a position I love.
Fun place to work
Resident Assistant / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOSeptember 8, 2015
I really enjoyed my time working for the University. I was able to meet some nice people that was able to open my mind to different thing. The best part of this job was that I was able to meet different people from different walks of life and was able to look at life through their point of view.
Leaves more to be desired.
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOMay 27, 2015
Students were not hard working enough. the culture was not that promoted hard work. this can be very frustrating stif as a lecturer you are serious about your work.
Engaging Environment
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJuly 2, 2015
A typical work day is calling alumni asking to update their information and letting the constituents know what is currently going on at the university of central Missouri. I learned how to further improve my communication skills. My co-workers were fine to work with. There is nothing difficult about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know some of the older alumni and hearing their experiences.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Short hours. Only worked from 6 p.m-9 p.m.
Productive and challenging place with guidance from professors.
Research Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOMay 10, 2014
My day starts with meeting the professor and letting know about the task I should accomplish.
I've learned how to manage time between personal and professional works and how to research on various topics with the few given key words
My professors were highly co-operative, caring, helpful and guide me in all the various tasks I'm assigned to
My fellow students were highly energetic, helpful and are really funny to work with
The job isn't much hard to do, but it take some extra time to work on a particular task assigned to me
I enjoyed each and every minute of my job hours.
Pros
Knowledge that professors share with us, patience
Minus 5 star university
instructor (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOMay 24, 2013
Good place to work if you want to get screwed. I worked there for only 1 year as an instructor. They terminated my contract before I was benefit eligible. No reason was ever given to me, so good luck with your University of Central Missouri career.
Cons
Too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Central Missouri. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4