University of Central Oklahoma Employee Reviews

Great!
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJune 15, 2017
I was able to work at the same time as going to school. It was a great opportunity to allow me to progress to a career. Loved not having to travel long distances to work.
Excellent
Interviewer/Scholar (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJune 8, 2017
Was so easy to balance my education and employment. Professors that I worked for were so easy to get along with and work for. It was a fantastic experience overall.
Great place as a student to get experience
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJune 6, 2017
As a student, working for the university is a great way to get experience in a lot of soft skills. Leadership and time management are two in particular that you can develop.
Perfect for a student
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adult Education and Safety Sciences departmentJune 5, 2017
Working as an office assistant at UCO was a great learning opportunity. I enjoyed the people I worked with as well as the students in the department. This was the perfect position for a full time student as it allowed for completion of school assignments when the office was slow.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Low Wage
Undergraduate research assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJune 1, 2017
This position allowed me to earn experience in my field of education and in the world of work. It also gave me the opportunity to develop some skills.
Good place
Grant Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 31, 2017
I enjoyed working with different kinds of people and the training they provide. Always wanting us to grow and excel in career and personal life. Positive place
Cons
health ins kinda expensive for single mother with kids
Extremely Supportive Work Environment
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 22, 2017
My position as Administrative Assistant III at the University of Central Oklahoma is an extremely fulfilling, customer service oriented position. I have a supportive supervisor who allows me enough flexibility in my schedule to take classes part time and work with 15 faculty members who are also supportive and appreciate the work I do.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and breaks.
Cons
Healthcare, retirement options.
Fun and motivational .
Graduate Teacher Assistant (Industrial Safety) (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 9, 2017
Teaching in front of peers. I learned teaching is not easy. Management was awesome. Very professional atmosphere. Being nervous. Assisting my professors.
Good place or work and study
Physic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 25, 2017
A good position for you to review all the knowledge you have learnt. The workplace environment and culture is great. everybody are willing to help you out.
Good
Mail Clerk/Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 19, 2017
It all base on the supervisor if they want you, th company it self is good to work for. great benefits but the pay is not that good. no advancement available, no raise, but the people was good
Loved teaching for this University.
Pediatric adjunct professor (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 13, 2017
Great nursing school with excellent professors and students well prepared when arrived for clinicals. Taught junior level nursing students in pediatric rotations and it was fun learning with them.
Pros
Fun, great students, excellent professor to work with.
Cons
Some evenings lasted long.
Great college job
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 7, 2017
This position allowed me to take charge of lesson planning at a college level, and gave me a sense of pride knowing that I was chosen to be the first employee of the department.
Great work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 28, 2017
The faculty at UCO's Forensic Science Institute is top-notch. They are professionals with extensive involvement in the forensic community. This is a great place to work.
Awesome learning experience
Graduate Student Apprentice Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 22, 2017
Great atmosphere. Great work environment. The professors and other faculty are fantastic. My cohort is one of a kind. The campus is one of the top campuses in the state.
Over burden with unnecessary calls
emergency communication specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OklahomaMarch 16, 2017
The police work part of the job is very rewarding. The campus depends on the police department for to much unrelated activities. As emergency communications officer I have the duty as the direct link to the safety of the police officers. The pay i receive with the amount of responibility I have doesnt reflect the importance of my job.
Great school
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  edmond, okMarch 2, 2017
Attended UCO for nursing school and returned to work as a clinical adjunct. The school has a excellent attitude towards its students and staff. There is support for new staff.
Not a bad place to work
T.E.A.C.H. Retention Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKFebruary 9, 2017
I was happy to got to work each day. I learned that teamwork was instrumental for happiness on the job. I'd recommend applying for jobs at this wonderful place to work.
Pros
cool work environment
Cons
not many
Disability Support Services - great, comfortable place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJanuary 27, 2017
Worked here for 5 years and not a single day is regretted. It was a student worker job so the hours were flexible.
The work was very insightful to the different nationalities and disabilities of the world and I learned a great deal from my time there.
How is this information useful?
Undergraduate research assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKDecember 20, 2016
Everything I have gained from my time here can be found in my resume. Still don't understand why I have to do this. I effectively managed my coursework and research at the same time.
Managment
Student Support Services Tutor (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKDecember 15, 2016
I loved working with the management that I had at the University of Central Oklahoma. They made it clear that they were there to help. I could ask them for anything that I needed help or advice on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Central Oklahoma. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4