University of Central Oklahoma

University of Central Oklahoma Employee Reviews

Simple, Easy, Relaxed
Phone operator (Former Employee), Edmond, OKMay 25, 2015
Pros: payed lunch
Cons: few hours
A typical day is sitting in front of a computer and switchboard while taking calls and redirecting them. having homework to do or even Netflix to watch are perfectly acceptable.
So/So
Student-Administration Assistant (Former Employee), Edmond, OKMay 18, 2015
Cons: Low wages
I just feel like a lot of things were out dated, and pay to me was pretty low. Other than that being on this campus was a nice experience and the students are pretty nice.
Excellent travel.
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS (Current Employee), Edmond, OKApril 21, 2015
Advancement can be attributed to social skills more than actual job performance. The benefits of seeing the world are definitely worth it. The actual job I had was more fun than any other job I ever encountered.
Exciting field work
Field Technician (Former Employee), Lawton, OKApril 21, 2015
Fun enjoyable biology department. Awesome staff. Great students and challenging work. Typical day in this position included surveying land and taking measurements of vegetation heights and species at certain locations around the Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge.
Productive and Flexible Workplace
Coordinator of Student Records (Former Employee), Edmond, OKMarch 25, 2015
UCO provided a great workplace that promoted individuals to be creative in their own areas, while providing great benefits.
good place to work at....
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Edmond OKMarch 7, 2015
it is one of the best university to work at. Everyone is friendly here. easy-commute. you will always find the best support when you need help.
Good environment to work at.
Service Desk Specialist (Current Employee), Edmond, OKFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: break every 6 hours
Typical day at work is about giving customer service and doing office work.
It is a good environment to work at. Relationship with coworkers is good. Everyone helps each other.

I learned how to treat customers and help them get what they need.
Good place for study
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Edmond, OKFebruary 4, 2015
Edmond is a good place to live, and UCO is a good place to study. All the instructor I have worked with were really nice, they are always willing to help student to achieve their goal.
Enjoyable and productive work environment with great staff
Biology Tutor, SSS and Project Persist (Former Employee), Edmond, OKJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: scholarship opportunities, flexible work schedule, free food and snacks
Cons: position only conditional upon being a uco student, no benefits
I helped direct and supervise students in the Student Support Services and Project Persist programs at UCO. Along with training student staff to implement office policies and procedures, I tutored students in various subjects such as Biology, Chemistry, and English. My co-workers were a blast to work with. The work environment was fun and professional. They made the transition from a junior college to a big university so smoothly for me. The supervisors are very educated and helped me in any endeavor that I needed assistance with. Not having students show up to a tutor session without contacting me ahead of time was the most frustrating part of the job. However, having students absorb, comprehend, and interpret the information during tutor sessions, apply the information to their coursework, and pass their classes successfully was by far the most enjoyable part of the job. From this job, I have learned organizational skills, office management, delegation of assignments, conflict resolution, curriculum development, teamwork, and effective communication.
A great learning environment and excellent administration
Chair of Student Congress (Current Employee), Edmond, OKJanuary 22, 2015
The position I held was stressful at times, but the people around me made it much better. The administration is very helpful and makes themselves as free as possible to assist me with anything I needed.
Great Culture, Excellent Work Life Balance
Payroll Specialist III (Former Employee), Edmond, OKNovember 9, 2014
You can't beat the excellent work life balance at UCO. Compensation plan is lacking.
UCO
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Edmond, OKSeptember 4, 2014
I enjoyed working at UCO but it was just a Federal Work Study job.
Well Kept Labs and Stockrooms
Chemistry Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee), Edmond, OKSeptember 3, 2014
A typical day at work involves cleaning the various glassware that has been used, in order to ensure that experiments go well, and the transportation of glassware and hazardous chemicals to the necessary locations.
On campus and convientent
Office Technician (Former Employee), Edmond, OKJuly 30, 2014
Great student worker job. Great way to connect with faculty and staff.
Productive place with plenty of upgrade training available
Motor Pool Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmond, OKJune 23, 2014
University of Central Oklahoma provides a great working environment with emphasis on training to help your particular field. Benefits are very competitive with similar markets. It has incentive programs and supports constant improvements in the work place.
Pleasant experience
Research Analyst II (Current Employee), Edmond, OKMay 22, 2014
Nice people, great benefits, patient people, opportunities to learn
Great people to work for
Student Worker for VP of Administrations (Former Employee), Edmond, OKMay 20, 2014
Pros: hours and people
Cons: not enough hours.
Working at the University of Central Oklahoma, the one thing that I have come to learn and love is about the people who work here. It was always a fun environment and people are awesome. And being a student worker, they were very flexible with my schedule and my classes.
Fun!
PEER LEADER (Former Employee), Edmond, OKMay 7, 2014
Fun! Fun! Fun!Fun! Fun! Fun!Fun! Fun! Fun!Fun! Fun! Fun!Fun! Fun! Fun!Fun! Fun! Fun!Fun! Fun! Fun!Fun! Fun! Fun!Fun! Fun! Fun!
Student Job
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Edmond, OKDecember 10, 2013
As a graduate student I was helping teachers during absences by proctoring tests and assisting in administrative tasks
Lab Tech
Lab Technician and Student Assistant (Former Employee), Edmond,OkNovember 13, 2013
Working here was always fun based on the traffic flow. I had the opportunity to learn lab jobs as much as a regular day of studying,

About University of Central Oklahoma

At UCO, we believe your career is more than just a “job.” It's an opportunity to develop and enhance skills, to network – Read more

University of Central Oklahoma Photos