University of Central Oklahoma

University of Central Oklahoma Employee Reviews in United States

Educational workplace that gave me college credit hours.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKFebruary 22, 2016
Being a teacher Assistant at the University of Central Oklahoma gave me a great opportunity to demonstrate my leadership skills and my ability to manage and organize a classroom. In a typical day I would take roll, sometimes help students take a test, and occasionally teach a lesson. I would answer student's questions and help them keep track and improve their grades. I enjoyed working with my boss, the professor of the class. She was smart, funny, but dedicated to the students' ability to learn the information. The hardest part of the job was trying to communicate to the students and convince them to work hard to improve their grades. I most enjoyed when I would explain a concept to a student and their face would light up with understanding, cause it meant I did my job well.
Pros
Seeing students' grades improve
Cons
No pay
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 11, 2015
This position requires various skill-sets and time-management, and when done well it can be very rewarding. Qualified candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office, detail-oriented, and able to handle constant interruptions. This position is responsible for hiring, payroll, budget, scheduling, purchasing, customer service, and other general office duties. Administrative Assistants must attend training sessions in these various areas, especially when new laws and procedures are developed, and required annual trainings include Safety, Security, and Title IX.
Pros
Free training and development opportunities, free access to the Wellness Center (gym), good benefits
Cons
Compensation does not match workload
Great workplace!
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKSeptember 1, 2015
The time I spent at this position was mostly under a part-time position. The position I held here was performing data entry and scanning for the Human Resource department. This allowed me to see how the university worked from the inside. I learned that the people who work here are close, passionate about what they do, and love to keep UCO's name in a positive light.
Pros
Lots of events, food, learning opportunities
Cons
Need more employee benefits, at least for part time, adjuncts
Teamwork, Thinking, new technology, Detail, Organize, Friendly
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 8, 2016
check schedule, design,drawing, making some part in the shop, making sample, prepare setup for experiment, attention to safety, meeting with co- workers and mentor, data entry, analysis of data, take picture with microscope, do experiment with universal testing machine,
I learned many things related to Mechanic, Bio mechanic, materials, software, electronic.
My manager gave me full authority in the, so I tried do best job (time, materials, experiment, manpower)
I like work as a team, It help me learned more and enjoy that place.
The hardest part my job was some time we not got result or good result.
the most enjoyable part my job was finally this research finally will get a good result and I hope it help to people.
Working and guiding the students was a great joy.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 1, 2016
The original group that I was hired under had enormous knowledge and academic experience to lead an entire department. Unfortunately the people who replaced the former Executive Administrator were not leaders in the academic management. There was zero communication and often put students and/or staff in harms way.
Pros
Seeing the students excell
Cons
Leadership would rather pass the buck than deal with a student/parent.
Productive workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJune 27, 2016
The great thing of working here is that you have many opportunities to communicate with Professors so that you can improve your skills. All Professors are great in helping you to get the project done. The difficult thing is that you have to overcome your anxiety of working for Professors because they expect perfection sometimes.
File Clerk and Secretary
Secretary & File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 9, 2016
Both jobs where enjoyable. As file clerk I filed all employee files for the university. These where jobs I took while I was a student. The Secretary job was for the Greek Organizations on Campus. I would take the notes and type them up at there meetings. I would answer
phones and deal with the officers and there problems.
Pressman (Former Employee) –  Print and Copy Services CenterJuly 20, 2015
Good place to work. Great benefits. Good atmosphere to work around in a true artistic endeavor. Typical day was to produce beautiful printed products promoting the school.
Pros
ability to work as an artist
Cons
It was shut down
scholar friendly work enviroment
Front Desk assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 18, 2016
i loved working for Uco. Coworkers were nice and friendly.The job wasnt hard or easy. the job was student friendly for those in school. i wish i could have stayed, but the school was expriencing budget cuts.
Pros
time to do homework, okay salaries
Cons
budget cuts and grunt work
Productive environment for learning and working
English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJune 10, 2016
Working with the members of the English department was an enriching experience. Though the hours were long and the pay was low, the experience was well worth it.
Excellent working conditions
Adjunct Instructor: Latin (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 25, 2016
The pay was wretched. I made more in one month teaching public school than in one semester teaching college. However, it was helpful when I was obtaining my TESOL master's.
Pros
Teaching college students!
Cons
Low pay
Full Time Student
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  StudentJune 15, 2016
Completing a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Safety at the University of Central Oklahoma (UCO). UCO is a good school and I've enjoyed my time there.
I love comming to workeach day and having the opportunity to engage with my students.
Full-Time Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 25, 2016
The Humanities and Philosophy department is a very collegial, supportive, and family-like atmosphere that fosters critical thinking for both faculty, staff, and student.
Productive and fun work place
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Liberal ArtsMay 9, 2016
Enjoyed the people I worked with and the professors who came into the office. I also had very flexible hours, which was really nice!
Excellent travel.
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 21, 2015
Advancement can be attributed to social skills more than actual job performance. The benefits of seeing the world are definitely worth it. The actual job I had was more fun than any other job I ever encountered.
TA/RA (Current Employee) –  Edmond OKApril 25, 2016
UCO gave me an opportunity to adapt my skills in teaching and researching. It allowed flexible hours and gave me the opportunity to further my education.
A great place to work
Office Assistant, Student worker (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 8, 2016
Handling office jobs such as printing and copying
Printing posters for conferences, symposiums, and Capstone
Friendly and supporting staff and faculty
Understanding supervisors
a stress-free job
Work Study Office Assistant
Work Study Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKDecember 10, 2015
A typical day working as a work study Office Assistant at University of Central Oklahoma in the Undergraduate Admissions department, the student worker sits at a desks along with Service Representative employees and other student workers no more than four upfront helping new students, currents student with transcripts request, answering phone calls, handling personal document, cleaning the area, stocking and other duties assigned.
Enjoyable and productive work environment with great staff
Biology Tutor, SSS and Project Persist (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJanuary 22, 2015
I helped direct and supervise students in the Student Support Services and Project Persist programs at UCO. Along with training student staff to implement office policies and procedures, I tutored students in various subjects such as Biology, Chemistry, and English. My co-workers were a blast to work with. The work environment was fun and professional. They made the transition from a junior college to a big university so smoothly for me. The supervisors are very educated and helped me in any endeavor that I needed assistance with. Not having students show up to a tutor session without contacting me ahead of time was the most frustrating part of the job. However, having students absorb, comprehend, and interpret the information during tutor sessions, apply the information to their coursework, and pass their classes successfully was by far the most enjoyable part of the job. From this job, I have learned organizational skills, office management, delegation of assignments, conflict resolution, curriculum development, teamwork, and effective communication.
Pros
scholarship opportunities, flexible work schedule, free food and snacks
Cons
position only conditional upon being a uco student, no benefits
Good Educational Institution
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 23, 2016
Good place to learn and work. Have enjoyed working with the professors and students. Working environment is excellent and will recommend anyone to attend the university for education or work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Central Oklahoma. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4