University of Chicago Medicine Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2017
Great place to advance your career with a truly caring culture. the staff is well educated and continuing education and certification is encouraged. there is 100% tuition reimbursement. The surgeons not only excellent but truly care for their patients
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long working hours
Very productive
Parent Liaison (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2017
As a parent liaison my job was to communicate to parents of children with disabilities of all the resources and their Rights , that were available to the child and the families, and do home visits,
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
N/a
Very diverse nice environment
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGOSeptember 19, 2017
In wokred in the phlebotomy department and it's a nice place to work very diverse and accesible to public transportation. There's alot of room for advancement.
nice place to work
Cardiac Telemetry Tech/Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2017
Nice place to work. Have wonderful benefits and tution reimbursement. The diversity in this place is great. The discounts are awesome . I thought i would be able to advance in my career but unfortunate after receiving my degree I haven't been able to advance as promised. Management also is so-so. Overall, great place to work!
benefits
Cons
career advancement
Loved my job
Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2017
Helped create a new center at the University of Chicago with amazing, supportive physicians. Insurance and time off cannot be matched anywhere else! Miss everyone!
Felixible productive
Practice Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2017
A great place to work, flexible and fun. I was able to learn much. Great group of surgeons and always given resources to meet our goals. Management was fairly involved.
Very proud that I was able to gain Nursing experience here.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2017
The nursing experience you will gain here is exceptional. Also it's a privilege to be able to work with renowned doctors. But this is an academic hospital so you have to be prepared to work with residents.
A great place to learn.
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2017
There are many good benefits to working at the UCMC. The employees work together as a team which makes life easier. The patients are awesome. They are fighting hard to live.
Pros
I enjoy the staff that I work with.
Cons
Not enough staff for the patient load
Nurse review
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2017
I enjoyed working at the university of Chicago Medicine. As a new grad ready for a change I found it a bit hard to move around and obtain the experience I hoped for. The work environment and pay comparable to competition. The educational advancement and opportunities for growth were great!
Nice work environment
Housekeeper PRN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2017
Great place to work. Helpful coworkers and managers. Lots of good places to eat on campus. Excellent pay and benefits if they decide to keep you after your 120 day probation .
Pros
Easy work
Cons
short hours
hospital
Housekeeping Temp (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2017
Normal hospital work. very organized and strong team work is needed. long hours, need higher pay but the patients you help out and come across makes it worth while
wonderful place to work
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2017
typical day is to come to work on time be prepared and ready for work after u punch to transport patients to assigned areas of the medical center have great interpersonal skills have meet people from all walks of life that reside, in different parts of the world and ensure that they receive the highest quality of care. have daily department meetings with management team hardest part lot of the patients u see all the time, u may have a patient that may past on. most part I love is knowing that I have took the time to listen to the patient and treat them good as if they where my on family member and to know I put a smile on their face made a difference in there life.
I have a great passion for health care its a rewarding field to be in.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Excellent Opportunity
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Darien, ILAugust 10, 2017
Great place to work! Diverse company with great managers and associates working together for one common goal, their patients. An environment that fosters teamwork, dedication, and a commitment to heping your fellow man.
Pros
salary
love working here
Officer in Charge (OIC) (Current Employee) –  Hyde Park, ILAugust 7, 2017
this job has help me grow and learn about public safety, management and how to work as a team.
There is room the move up at this job and you have the choice to move around, and go back to school, they would help you with that as well.
Pros
rgr
Great fellowship program
Fellow Psychiatrist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2017
Overall a great experience in fellowship training for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Breadth of experience is unmatched elsewhere while also protecting work/life balance with no on-site call, and only 4 months of call by phone during first year. Support is there for anything you want, staff are world-class and accomplished, atmosphere collegial, and camaraderie strong. Only issue with compensation/benefits is that they don't match retirement contributions and health insurance is a rigid HMO.
Nursing
RN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2017
Enjoyable part of job is going home after an unappreciated work shift.
Union needs improvement. Bullying is the norm and no reprimanding of. Management can improve a lot.
Pros
Cons
Lack of manager support and difficult to transfer in house. Workload is unsafe.
Organized and Great People
Manager of Perioperative Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2017
Great place to work. Fair compensation. Culturally diverse culture. The employees are helpful and extremely friendly. One of the best places to work in Chicago!
Pros
People
Needs improvement
Cardiac Intensive Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2017
UCH is not nursing friendly at all. They cater to the doctors and budget restrictions. They do not offer nursing or management support...They pay well
worst organization to work for
Public Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2017
Public safety department and managers run politics. Its so messed up in that department. low morale employees due to upper management being horrible. They will hire you as PRN knowing they need full time workers but because they don't want to pay benefits they use you and make you work holidays with no holiday pay because as PRN you don't qualify. Someone really needs to investigate that department and or human resources
Ucmc
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2017
I really enjoy the work that I do but the institution favors physicians. Being a nurse at UCMC affords me great benefits but very little work satisfaction as it is difficult to feel appreciated.