University of Chicago Medicine Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to Begin Careers
Nursing Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2016
This place is a great place to begin your career. This a good foundation to learn many things and obtain many job skills. The co-workers are great and fun to be around. Although, there are some bad individuals at this place, but majority of them are great with excellent personalities. The hardest part of this job is learning to deal with the public. The most enjoyable is meeting new people every day!
Pros
great benefits, flexible schedules, co-workers
Temp
Temp (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2015
I was hired as a temp for 4 months. They were taking my position in another direction after only a month and a half. Management had absolutely no experience what so ever. I once thought that working there would be fabulous. They paid me $10 less than I was making if I went to another company. I had 24 years of experience and they treated me like a new grad. Human Resources never returned phone calls and when I finally got someone, I was told all of the Temps would be leaving. Now I see a position for a temp. I would never work for this company again. The mission statement for the department I worked in should have been quantity is better than quality, forget about "patient first".
Pros
i met some nice coworkers
Cons
poor management, low salary, no benefits, no direction.
Workplace Has A Wellness Program
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2016
Typical work day is busy with meetings. Coworkers are easy to get along wtih and we all work as a team. The hardest part of my job is when my coworkers sometimes to forget to update me on events we have running each week and keeping the roadmap update. The most enjoyable part of my job is the work I accomplished and meeting deadlines.
Pros
People are nice
Cons
Great place for career advancement
Patient Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2016
University of Chicago Medicine is an excellent place for anyone seeking to learn and grow. The experience gained over the last 11 years of employment allowed me to not only to grow professionally but also personally. I would highly recommend UCM to anyone seeking new opportunities.
Great place to work.
Lead ERP Business Analyst- Information Systems (Former Employee) –  Darien, ILSeptember 19, 2015
Worked in information technology. Management tough but fair. Advancement opportunities are there for you. Coworkers are very supportive.
Pros
Good comp and coworkers.
Cons
Location. Work life balance can be poor depending upon where you work.
Overall Exerience
OB/GYN (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2016
Overall working for this institution has been good. I learned a lot about attention to detail due to the nature of IVF. The best part of the job was telling the patients they were expecting a baby. The staff worked well together as well.
Great Team within Human Resoruces
Labor Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2016
Everyone shares their workload and communicates effectively within the team. Great experience!
I recommend the principles of teamwork among every employer
nice public safety week
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2016
good place to work a lot of training good benefits a place to grow your skills and advancement good co-worker management ok.
Pros
good starting pay
Cons
no weekend off
Patient Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2015
Management in the patient transportation department is not the most supportive team in the hospital. My co-workers are very unprofessional. I would not recommend someone working as a patient transporter at the Unviersity of Chicago Medicine
Pros
no pros
Cons
short breaks, rude staff, transporters are treated like trash
Working at university of chicago medicine
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2012
I have been working for the University of Chicago Medical Center for ten years; each of those years taught me that working in a very diverse community, you have to be felxible and sensitive to people coming from all different culture. Being sensitive to their needs can mean taking the time to listen to patients and their families, being aware of unspoken cues, and being patient with those going under great stress.

Respect the differences in every person and understand that being empathic to patient needs will help promote an environment that will foster the person's well-being and help them on the road of recovery.
Pros
great benefits; tuition reimbursement; great management and teamwork and excellent place to work.
Cons
difficult to move up; you can but it will take a while.
firehouse
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2016
I loved this job to bad I wasn't a firfighter could've stayed there longer I love to call and talk to people on the phone bout there insurance
university of chicago
Patient Transportation (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2016
Productive and fun workplace. Very busy at times and can be very demanding. No day is the same. Team work within the hospital. Very nice management
equipment planner
PM (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2015
Don't do it... The culture in Facilities Planning department is extremely horrible. Favoritism, pregitious, and sexism consumes this department. They have multiple EOC filed complaints... They had to hire an outside firm to create structure within the organization due to the lack of skill from leadership. From the VP position down, management does not have skills to operate. My direct boss(director level) was not aware of how to use me and and NEVER addressed issues when I brought them to attention. Again, don't do it!!
Pros
Cons
Pregitious, sexist, racist - "good ole boy system"
Decent Workplace
Resident (Current Employee) –  ChicagoApril 7, 2016
Management has done a decent job of developing a culture of continuous improvement. My main problem with UCM was the lack of career advancement and the absence of career path.
highly dysfunctional and lacks the ability to change
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2013
The University of Chicago Medicine is a highly disorganized place where decisions are seemingly made on a whim, only to be changed a day, a week, or a month later. This leads to great inefficiencies and causes a lack of progression. They struggle with simple tasks that other hospitals overcame easily years ago. I think the biggest testimony to the overall perception of this place is its inability to land a donor for their new hospital.
Pros
easy job - you will basically be underemployed, no need to work long hours, ok pay
Cons
bad benefits, no parking, for the most part poor facilities, overall lack of cleanliness, rude staff
Referral Health Counselor
Referral Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Darien, ILDecember 13, 2015
This job is fast paced, you are multitasking all day. Management and co-workers are great. It's a little sad to give customers bad news but for the most part we help customers more.
Pros
Jean day tickets
Cons
Lunches are a little too early
The mnost enjoyable part of this job
Clinical Pharmacist Specialist, General Pediatrics (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2015
Working at the University of Chicago Medicine/Comer Children's Hopital is very rewarding and inspiring. I love my pediatric co-workers and the physicians are great. Very pharmacy friendly environment. I am able to teach the new generation of pharmacist, both in the classroom and on clinical rotations.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Work-life balance
Productive work environment
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 22, 2015
Great place to work. Great learning environment. Multitasking and flexibility are important. The most enjoyable part of the job is my interaction with various kinds of patients. You must be flexible and capable of working with many types of personalities.
Great Teaching hospital
Technical Imaging Coordinator (Current Employee) –  chicago, ILOctober 4, 2015
A place to learn the newest and most cutting edge procedures. Be prepared to work hard , since the sonographers here work a lot. A very high volume lab.
Fun job, enjoyed training team members as well as meeting new people
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2015
I have a passion for working on floors! It is something that i enjoy doing. A typical day for me at work consist of working on new projects in different areas of the hospital. The most enjoyable part of the job is showing my team members how to be a great floor tech.
Pros
overtime is alway available.
Cons
there's alot of traffic in and out of the hospital, even when i block areas off to work people still walk on the floor while i work.

University of Chicago Medicine Reviews by Location