University of Chicago Medicine Employee Reviews

Referral Health Counselor
Referral Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Darien, ILDecember 13, 2015
This job is fast paced, you are multitasking all day. Management and co-workers are great. It's a little sad to give customers bad news but for the most part we help customers more.
Pros
Jean day tickets
Cons
Lunches are a little too early
Productive work environment
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 22, 2015
Great place to work. Great learning environment. Multitasking and flexibility are important. The most enjoyable part of the job is my interaction with various kinds of patients. You must be flexible and capable of working with many types of personalities.
Excellent Company
Outpatient Registration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2015
Each day consisted of Insurance Verification, Physician assistance, and customer satisfaction. Each patients account had to verified and submitted to the doctor prior to visit to ensure customer satisfaction.
Great Teaching hospital
Technical Imaging Coordinator (Current Employee) –  chicago, ILOctober 4, 2015
A place to learn the newest and most cutting edge procedures. Be prepared to work hard , since the sonographers here work a lot. A very high volume lab.
Good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2015
It was a great opportunity to work on psychology research. I learned a lot by just gathering data from the files. The management was very nice and friendly.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
The mnost enjoyable part of this job
Clinical Pharmacist Specialist, General Pediatrics (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2015
Working at the University of Chicago Medicine/Comer Children's Hopital is very rewarding and inspiring. I love my pediatric co-workers and the physicians are great. Very pharmacy friendly environment. I am able to teach the new generation of pharmacist, both in the classroom and on clinical rotations.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Work-life balance
Great place to work.
Lead ERP Business Analyst- Information Systems (Former Employee) –  Darien, ILSeptember 19, 2015
Worked in information technology. Management tough but fair. Advancement opportunities are there for you. Coworkers are very supportive.
Pros
Good comp and coworkers.
Cons
Location. Work life balance can be poor depending upon where you work.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2015
Working at the University of Chicago Medicine is really rewarding. Not only do you get a chance to make a difference in someone's life, but you are helping them as well, that's what it's like to work there. Love it there.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Too far
equipment planner
PM (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2015
Don't do it... The culture in Facilities Planning department is extremely horrible. Favoritism, pregitious, and sexism consumes this department. They have multiple EOC filed complaints... They had to hire an outside firm to create structure within the organization due to the lack of skill from leadership. From the VP position down, management does not have skills to operate. My direct boss(director level) was not aware of how to use me and and NEVER addressed issues when I brought them to attention. Again, don't do it!!
Pros
Cons
Pregitious, sexist, racist - "good ole boy system"
Fun job, enjoyed training team members as well as meeting new people
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2015
I have a passion for working on floors! It is something that i enjoy doing. A typical day for me at work consist of working on new projects in different areas of the hospital. The most enjoyable part of the job is showing my team members how to be a great floor tech.
Pros
overtime is alway available.
Cons
there's alot of traffic in and out of the hospital, even when i block areas off to work people still walk on the floor while i work.
Well known, established medical facility, throughout the nation.
PSC (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2015
I have an overall review that this is a great place to study and earn a living, there is still a serious problem with the automated clock-in system,which may be manipulated by certain levels of staff...still waiting for this to be exposed.
Pros
Good retirement program
Cons
Automated time system needs to be reviewed, ? can be manipulated.
Progressive care
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2015
Working for The University of Chicago Medicine has been great. The staff is friendly and well-trained and the institution if forward-thinking. The newly built facilities are impeccably designed to help deliver quality patient care as well as make tasks easier for staff. The medical staff is continuously working toward the hospitals main goal of providing excellent patient care.
Pros
Research, Specialties, Surgical suites, New facilities
Cons
Location, and Parking
Fun Place to work Great Oppertunities
Anesthesia Techenician (Certified) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 12, 2015
Fast Paced, Great Anesthesia Staff, outstanding learning experiences from soup to nuts.
Good management Full range of educational experiences.
Pros
Great Place to work
At the Forefront of Medicine
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2015
Work well as a team. Enjoyed the team building and relationships formed. Can be very challenging at times with the workload.
Pros
wellness program
Cons
clock-in rules
Reactive instead of Proactive Mentalitly
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2015
People are placed in leadership position who are not equipped to lead. Worked in MRI for five year and three managers did their two year sentence and left. Leaving the department in havoc and low morale, and it's joke to believe one can make a different. Employees who come forth with real solutions are not taken in consideration.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the patients and new advance technology, and the hardest part of job is working in a dysfunctional department where hard working people are bullied. If you crave for a structured environment with room for growth this organization is not for you.
Pros
working with new technology in fast paced enviroment.
Cons
totally unorganized department and not properly structured.
Temp
Temp (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2015
I was hired as a temp for 4 months. They were taking my position in another direction after only a month and a half. Management had absolutely no experience what so ever. I once thought that working there would be fabulous. They paid me $10 less than I was making if I went to another company. I had 24 years of experience and they treated me like a new grad. Human Resources never returned phone calls and when I finally got someone, I was told all of the Temps would be leaving. Now I see a position for a temp. I would never work for this company again. The mission statement for the department I worked in should have been quantity is better than quality, forget about "patient first".
Pros
i met some nice coworkers
Cons
poor management, low salary, no benefits, no direction.
Nice place, yet a completely different environment compared to other businesses
Public Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Each day is always different
I have learned several things from the UCM
Some co-workers were wonderful.
good
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2014
a typical day at work: good
what you learned: experience
management: good
your co-workers: good
the hardest part of the job: pressure
the most enjoyable part of the job: salary
good benefits
Performance Improvement Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2014
- attend meetings
- management is fair
- friendly co-workers, had no problems
- too much workload
- get involved in lots of projects
Great Stepping Stone
Guest Services Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2014
Come to work with a great attitude and you'll have a GREAT day! It was encouraged, noticed, and appreciated. Hardest part is interacting with patients or visitors not in the best situation, you learn to "choose your weather" and be grateful for each opportunity. I love to smile and be engaging, this job encouraged that.
Pros
freedom to be lively and energetic
Cons
short breaks, no advancement follow-through