University of Chicago Medicine Employee Reviews

Great organization with competitive salary and benefits
Project Coordinator/Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2017
This organization is a leader in its field and shows appreciation for the contributions made by staff. Ratio of work to employee can be somewhat unequal and often difficult to manage however training opportunities are available.
benefits
Cons
Not many eating options; expensive parking options
Good employer providing excellent healthcare
Administrative Assistant IV (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2017
Very busy supporting 4 high preforming surgeons
I've learned that working in the medical field I need love and compassion for people.
Management is supportive of hardworking people
Work culture is very diverse and passionate about what they do
Ensuring that our clients clinical day is convenient for both entities (patient and provider)
Helping those that are sickly get better and provide and show excellence with our care
Pros
afforded appropriate equipment needed to perform my job
Cons
insufficient amount of organs to help the masses
working at a hospital is exciting
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2017
working at a hospital is a good job if you like helping people you are going to see a lot of things that might disturb you like blood and death but its never a dull moment
My experiences with University of Chicago
Patient Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part about working with the University of Chicago Medicine is the interaction with patients. A smile can go a long way. Making those that feel sick by moment of laughter, helping them forget about their problems, or simply allowing them to vent is the best gift I can give anyone. In transportation, teamwork is very important as well. we extended our hands to help each other which makes a typical work day very easy.
Pros
hourly wage, annual raises, representation by union 743
Cons
healthcare for employees are relatively expensive especially for part-timers, and going to the morgue .
Very multicultural environment with space for opportunities and growth
Trasporter (Current Employee) –  5641 s Marland Chicago illJanuary 5, 2017
I have been an employee with the University of Chicago for 5 years and work there in present I have been in two different departments and love my job
The forefront of medicine
New Patient Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2016
There is a great sense of family working here that is even shown to the patient. Pay is good and benefits are even better. I have worked here for 8 years and being on this campus is like being in a separate world. Patients receive quality care and you work with people that are like you.
They invest in their employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2016
In my role as a Nurse Educator I was able to obtain two software certifications. They also offer a substantial amount of tuition reimbursement.
Good Place to work
Senior Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2016
Good Place to work. As long as you are not opposed to long hours when major projects are on the way. The organization tries to balance the need with remote days and other perks.
Pros
Remote days
Great place to learn
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  5841 S Maryland AveDecember 11, 2016
Variety of patients seen makes this an ideal place to start your career. I've learned a lot over my 10 years. They started with paper charting and I helped with being a super user when EPIC rolled out and was on the committee that implemented barcode scanning of medications.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Commute and parking
Project Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2016
I love the culture of the environment and I get to work close to home. The people are friendly and helpful, the administration is very supportive. I'm seeking employment due to some restructuring within my department.
Productive place with never ending work
Biomedical Equipment Technician II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2016
There are plenty of departments to change your career. There is plenty of work and the most enjoyable part is a work/home stability.
Pros
stable work and home schedule/vacation time
Incredible work environment
Patient Transport Specialist (Former Employee) –  5815 S MarylandNovember 21, 2016
Awesome workplace with incredible leaders, i experienced and gained lots of leadership experiences working for the University Of Chicago. Positive workplace.
Productive Workplace
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2016
Your day flies by due to how productive you become. You're on the go at all times so you're never bored or looking for extra things to do. Coworkers are always will to help you.
Pros
Radiology Tech week
great place to advance
Sterile Processing Tech II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2016
A typical day at the university for me was either decontamination or processing trays. what i learned was a different way of processing scopes. my co-workers were relatively new techs so i was able to teach some of my current skills which was the most enjoyable part of the job
Its Cool
Patient Resource Speaciliat (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2016
Its an elite institution with elite ideals. Often times these do not match. In my opinion best intentions are not the best laid planned and employees can be ignored in this process.
But overall U of C is a great place to work. Compensation is fair and workload equals at least in my position. I personally wish there was more opportunity for growth. There is still a very heavy mentality of if I know you - you will be promoted going on.

But as is corporate/healthcare life
Pros
Compensation, benefits
productive and great workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2016
A typical work day would be getting all patients in on time, taking vitals,working very hard to complete the task on hand. I've learned many wonderful things from the university of Chicago a great working environment. There was never a hard task to this position. Respect, Time and loyalty.
Pros
free immunizations for employees
Great work environment and plenty of growth.
Nurse Supporting Assistant (NSA) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2016
Great hospital to work for. You learn a lot and coworkers work as a team. Plenty of opportunities for growth. As a Nurse Support Assistant, I assist Registered Nurses with patient care on a General Medicine and Cardiac Floor.
cleaning and interacting with patients.
Environmental Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2016
I have a wonderful job and enjoy gong into work everyday. Im just growing as a individual and geing older and really ready for better pay because I have the experience to do so and im a navy veteran.
nice public safety week
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2016
good place to work a lot of training good benefits a place to grow your skills and advancement good co-worker management ok.
Pros
good starting pay
Cons
no weekend off
Great Team within Human Resoruces
Labor Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2016
Everyone shares their workload and communicates effectively within the team. Great experience!
I recommend the principles of teamwork among every employer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Chicago Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Chicago Medicine Reviews by Location