The University of Cincinnati is a public research university with an enrollment of more than 42,000 students and is the largest employer in the Cincinnati region. We are looking to hire a Senior Internal Auditor, who will report to the Director of Internal Audit, and will plan, supervise and execute a wide variety of operational, financial and/or compliance audits in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards and the approved annual internal audit plan.
• An attractive compensation package, including base salary and excellent benefits (e.g., retirement, medical/dental, tuition remission);
• No travel;
• An outstanding professional opportunity to work with highly talented and committed colleagues and contribute to the growth of a world-class organization and fulfillment of the overall mission of the institution;
• Growth potential within the university.
• Plan and execute internal audits over a wide variety of university units, processes, grants, contracts, etc.;
• Mentor and coach staff, including co-op students;
• Identify internal control gaps in business procedures, processes or systems, and recommend and positively influence appropriate remediation;
• Develop recommendations for improving operations;
• Prepare reports for senior management and the Audit Committee;
• Build consensus and facilitate organizational decisions through a collegial, transparent environment, assisting in dispute-resolution as appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or relevant field with three (3) years relevant experience; certification as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
• Ability to effectively communicate with individuals at various levels of University;
• Public accounting experience;
• Excellent judgement and professional skepticism;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong conflict resolution skills;
• Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and utmost confidentiality;
• Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision;
• Strong attention to detail, specifically involving analytical and problem solving skills.
To apply for position (213UC3969), please see www.jobsatuc.com
The University of Cincinnati is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. UC is a smoke-free work environment. – less