The University of Cincinnati is a public research university with an enrollment of more than 42,000 students and is the largest employer in the Cincinnati region. We are looking to hire a Senior Internal Auditor, who will report to the Director of Internal Audit, and will plan, supervise and execute a wide variety of operational, financial and/or compliance audits in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards and the approved annual internal audit plan.
- An attractive compensation package, including base salary and excellent benefits (e.g., retirement, medical/dental, tuition remission);
- No travel;
- An outstanding professional opportunity to work with highly talented and committed colleagues and contribute to the growth of a world-class organization and fulfillment of the overall mission of the institution;
- Growth potential within the university.
- Plan and execute internal audits over a wide variety of University units, processes, grants, contracts, etc.;
- Mentor and coach staff, including co-op students;
- Identify internal control gaps in business procedures, processes or systems, and recommend and positively influence appropriate remediation;
- Develop recommendations for improving operations;
- Prepare reports for senior management and the Audit Committee;
- Build consensus and facilitate organizational decisions through a collegial, transparent environment, assisting in dispute-resolution as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or relevant field with three (3) years relevant experience; certification as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals at various levels of University;
- Public accounting experience;
- Excellent judgement and professional skepticism;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and utmost confidentiality;
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Strong attention to detail, specifically involving analytical and problem solving skills.
To apply for position (213UC3969), please see www.jobsatuc.com
The University of Cincinnati is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. UC is a smoke-free work environment.
Indeed - 19 months ago
The University of Cincinnati is a public research university with an enrollment of more than 42,000 students and is the largest employer in...