University Of Cincinnati

University Of Cincinnati Employer Reviews

Cincinnati
JUNIOR RESERCHER (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 31, 2014
Family oriented culture of cincinnati hinders big ideas but fosters stable work
Awesome people, awesome work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 19, 2014
Fun working with people who care about research as much as you do. Amazing supervisor
UC
Research Associate (Current Employee), PsychiatryAugust 15, 2014
Pre clinical Academia is just not a good field to be in right now.
A clerical work-study position in quiet university office setting.
Organizational Leadership Department Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 23, 2014
I would come and go to work around my college course classes. I learned to manage an office and many computer skills. Management was extremely flexible and has given me great reviews. We had a wonderful relationship that included trust and dependability on both sides. Co-workers were courteous and professional, we worked on different projects. I enjoyed – more... connecting students with the resources in which they needed. – less
Medical research
Research Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 21, 2014
My department's mission was (1) clinical service, (2) education, and (3) research. The people were hard-working and dedicated.
High school research position, great introduction
HS Intern (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: basement with no windows
This program, limited as it was, was a good introduction into the world of academic research. Pushing the boundaries of human knowledge has its ups and downs, but mostly has a lot of repetition. Great for writing a journal or doing your own personal research, but be prepared to come up with good analysis. The department of physics is very level-headed – more... and the local machine shop was understanding about new workers and very helpful. – less
I always felt the owners never really cared about the employees.
Air Quality Technician II AM (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 15, 2014
The biggest problem I had was that they were always cutting benefits and pay. The people who work there were great.
UC justifies low pay with benefits
Assistant Mngmt (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: low, low pay
I would only work here if you need a degree, and then get out. Little opportunity for advancement and salary increases are a joke!
Very good University
Research Associate (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 2, 2014
As one of the top 25 public research university, University of Cincinnati is a great place to conduct your research project here and there are so many different facility you can use in your research.
Loved it
Information Technology/Programming Tutor (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 1, 2014
Pros: rewarding
Cons: temporary student job
It was wonderful to work with my peers and the wonderful professors at the university. It was also rewarding to see when people made connections with things they had been struggling with as a result of the tutoring sessions.
A good atmosphere for a graduate student
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 29, 2014
Pros: good healthcare
Cons: expectations and regulations unclear
Since I was working on my thesis, most of my day was spent in the laboratory performing or analyzing experiments. Occasionally, I would be working on a publication or grant submission. I learned in this environment to be self-sufficient. I was a part of a small laboratory, so I was responsible for managing supplies and for learning technique. I was – more... lucky to always have a good co-worker who was always willing to help me.
The hardest part was dealing with pressure from my boss, and that there wasn't any sort of oversight into his management of myself and others.
The most enjoyable part was that for the majority of laboratories I encountered, people were happy to help you learn new things. I have used the expertise of so many to complete my project and am very grateful for their generosity. – less
Wonderful University Campus and Encouaging Atmosphere
Graduate Student (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 29, 2014
University of Cincinnati 's Mechanical Engineering course is a well drafted one with good emphasis on self study. Inclusion of a Math Credit requirement for Masters degree is a plus and a vital instrument.
The atmosphere is cosmopolitan, encouraging. The resources are abundant and easily accessible.
Great benefits
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 18, 2014
Pros: tuition remission
Cons: lack of respect for unclassified staff
Working at UC is okay, but you have to be ready to work in academia. As a staff member, you will more than likely have faculty members as your supervisors, but they aren't always the best managers.
Very nice place
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 9, 2014
UC has very beautiful campus, first class gym. It is very supportive of student organizational activities.
Fun, hard working Atmosphere
Internship (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 3, 2014
Always kept a fun, professional, yet hard working atmosphere. Very friendly staff always willing to help.
Graceous people to be around
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 28, 2014
Pros: science
Good people to be around. Good to ok science, depending of the department
Shadowing
Intern (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 27, 2014
While interning at UC I learned a lot and gained a lot of valuable information.
good place to work
AutoCAD Designer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 14, 2014
Pros: good people
Typical day at work was 8:00 to 5:00 generating drawings. The experience that I gained was great. Management / co-workers where excellent. There where no hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and the experience.
Behind the seen of major collge sports
Sports Operation Student Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 9, 2014
Pros: education
Cons: no cons
Great school and campus. World lass instructors and working with coaches and athletes.
Flexibility
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 3, 2014
Pros: education
Cons: benefits
The departments at the University of Cincinnati respects that you are a student first. Therefore, working UC there are several jobs that allows for flexibility in students work schedule.

1 2 3 4 5

About University Of Cincinnati

Oh say can you see... your academic future at UC? The University of Cincinnati (UC) is a research institution offering undergraduate, – Read more

University Of Cincinnati Photos