University Of Cincinnati Employee Reviews

Thoroughly Enjoyed UC
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Paid for my room and board
Cons: Surrounding area
Enjoyed being apart of the University of Cincinnati campus.

Helping the students and the dormitories.

I learned a lot during the time I was there.
Typical day at work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Nice Campus
A typical day included working in the lab, assisting fellow students with their research and at times reading literature. There is also time in the day to catch up with friends in the university.
Lots of fun at UC
Executive Staff Assistant (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 18, 2015
UC is a great place to work! The benefits are incredible. It's a fun, lively campus (West campus) and there is always something going on.
Grad student
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 18, 2015
I like the University of Cincinnati and some professors.. but it is easy to get lost and juggled around/forgot about a lot.
Disciplined and Inspiring
Volunteer Assistant Distance Coach (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 15, 2015
I help administer practices with the head coach. We help prepare the student athletes for competition and to reach optimal performance. It is important to keep the athletes motivated and inspired so they can wake up everyday looking to improve from the day before. The coaches all get along and the most enjoyable part about this position is seeing the athletes succeed after all the hard work they put in.
Great colleagues, poor structure
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 15, 2015
It's almost impossible to find out anything from HR or to get assistance with questions. No one knows anything... It's a big ole' bureaucracy. Otherwise, it's a great place to teach.
Lively and Easy to Learn Workplace
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 10, 2015
Pros: Supportive supervisors, able to work on my own time
Cons: Time management
When I first started working in the molecular genetics laboratory, I was horrible at creating gels for electrophoresis. However, my supervisors supported me and after practice, I was eventually able to give myself the title "gel-making guru". A typical day at work in the lab consists of making gels, cleaning equipment, autoclaving glassware, and mixing buffers for the researchers to use. Most of my – more... co-workers were masters or doctoral students, and they were always conducting their own experiments. Because of this, there was never much interaction between them other than my supervisor who told me what needed to be done. the hardest part of the job was time management, as I was still an undergraduate taking classes. I was always able to come in at least twice a week, but I had to work around my classes and homework time. The most enjoyable part of the job was constantly being around science and learning about different chemicals and how experiments were run. – less
Enjoyable
Blue Ash - library student assistant (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 30, 2015
I loved working here! Honestly, they do put students education first and are willing to work with you if you happen to obtain another job.
I love working for UC- Clermont
English Composition, Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 21, 2015
Pros: I love the environment.
Cons: Low pay.
I really enjoy my job and work place. It provides me with many challenges and fulfillmet. The staff and administration are helpful and knowledgeable. I feel like they offer support and opportunity for thier adjuncts.
education, good for study.
Graduate student (Current Employee), CincinnatiApril 11, 2015
This is a public university. it provides a good environment for education and research. Good place for people pursue academic careers.
Great environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 29, 2015
Fostered growth and learning.
Typical day at work involved lecturing in the mornings and working on lesson plans during the afternoons.
Co-workers were fun and supportive. Hardest part of the job was to find time to grade open-ended lectures.
Productive and Fun place
Graduate Research Assistant, PhD Candidate (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 25, 2015
Productive and Fun place to work at, Knowledgeable people and great mentors, A place to enhance knowledge and skills. Lots of opportunity for bettermant and advancement
A congenial, encouraging atmosphere
Annual Adjunct Professor of English (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 22, 2015
Pros: small classes; free classes at any uc campus; promotion
Cons: i really wish i had an office, even if i had to share with someone.
I usually teach on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule, although this coming fall, I will be teaching Tuesdays and Thursdays. My colleagues, both full and part-time, are very congenial and my supervisors have always been supportive in adjusting my schedule to family needs and in helping me resolve occasional conflicts with students (such as complaints regarding a grade). The most enjoyable aspect – more... of my job is the opportunity to work with students of various ages and backgrounds, from high school students taking college classes to older adults who are returning to school. It's amazing how well these different groups of learners get along and what they learn from one another! Most of the students, both young and old, seem enthused and glad to be at the college. I guess the hardest part of my job is grading papers: It's necessary to be both critical and encouraging and to make sure that I grade fairly. (I've learned that I cannot grade papers when I'm tired or stressed because I tend to miss problems that I would not overlook if I were more rested. This might result in a higher grade for some students, but those whose papers I read under better circumstances may receive lower marks!)

In addition to teaching English, I've had the opportunity to teach some classes in Latin. I love this"'dead" language and was disappointed that because of falling enrollment, Clermont did not go offer it this year. Most of my former Latin students seemed interested in the course, probably because it was an elective. Overall, my years at Clermont have been very happy. – less
Fun place to work
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 19, 2015
I am a graduate student here and learned a lot from the school. The professor here are nice and colleges are fun to work with. Campus is compact but pretty
Teaching Assistant Job
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 10, 2015
I enjoyed working with multiple students and professors. The best part about my job was being able to network. I also enjoyed being in Chemical Engineering classes.
TA job to pay for school
Geology Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 8, 2015
This was a teaching assistant job that paid for graduate school for two years. Required grading exams and setting up for classes.
Great Work Environment
Student Accountant (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 5, 2015
Other employees are great. There is room for advancement and the environment is very balanced. Only suggestion for the company that I have is more team outings or group activities outside of the workplace.
organizing and management skills are developed
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 22, 2015
• Forwards information by receiving and distributing communications; collecting and mailing correspondence; copying information.
• Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance; troubleshooting failures; calling for repairs; monitoring equipment operation; monitoring and purchasing meter fund
• Maintains office schedule by picking-up and delivering documents to other departments.
• Serves students by answering questions; forwarding messages; confirming student requests; keeping students informed of notifications.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Enhances leadership skills by organizing special events for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Graduate Student
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 17, 2015
Great Experience. The university cares very much about the students and their preparation for their career. Graduate students participating in research usually get stipends to live on.
Good place to get research experience
Teaching Assistant / Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: good smart people everywhere
Cons: low pay, long hours
This is a good place to get good research experience. There are a lot of top quality professors and learning how to work with them will require that you always be respectful and work hard. Gaining and keeping the good favor of the professor you work directly under is crucial. I learned invaluable details about how various instruments and detectors work, how different chemical tests are done, and also how to comb through research material. The vast majority of my co-workers were immigrants from Asian countries. This posed some language issues, but at the same time I developed main phenomenal relationships.