University Of Cincinnati Employee Reviews

Media Intern
New Media & Video Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 8, 2017
The people I worked with were super fun, friendly and nice. I did not have a lot of responsibilities as an intern, but I still learned a lot . It is a cool and relax work place for people who love college athletics
Great Experience
Adjunct Professor; Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 3, 2017
My time at UC was enjoyable and quite fulfilling for the time in which I was working at the University of Cincinnati, located in Cincinnati. It was quite fulfilling.
Energetic community
Director of the Learning Center (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 26, 2017
I was the Director of the Learning Center at the University of Cincinnati, in that capacity, I provided academic support for students who needed help. When I started the position, the Center was non-existent. i had to create the program from scratch. I wrote and received many local, state and federal grants in order to gain funding to buy technological equipment. One program I developed enabled education majors to gain credit tutoring struggling students.
Pros
Creative freedom
Graduate school in chemistry
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 24, 2017
A very decent department with more personal attention than is possible at more intense schools. Plenty of resources. Good place with quality research occurring.
Fun and productive learning environment
Graduate Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 20, 2017
The University of Cincinnati is the city of Cincinnati's largest employer. They are multi-disciplined and have a variety of opportunities to choose from.
One of the best places I have ever worked.
Director - Career Development Center (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 20, 2017
UC is a great place to work. However, as in any work place; politics abound which at times can present a challenge. But I would not say that the University is dysfunctional or that there is wide-spread incompetence. Overall, I think the University is a world-class operation and a great place to start and end one's career.
Pros
Diverse culture and great benefits.
Cons
Politics, congestion around and near the campus.
nice job
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 18, 2017
Uc will definatley be a benefical job to have if you are interested in the medical field. even if you just needed a nice overnight job this is the place you want you apply
On-Campus Recruiter
On-Campus ROTC Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 17, 2017
Worked as the Army Reserve on Campus Recruiter and the Simultaneous Membership Program expert in the Battalion. Consistently wrote quality contracts for the unit.
Pros
Worked on my own; consistently made mission
Cons
Parking was an issue
UC Grad Program is Great
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 13, 2017
The graduate program here is great. Lots of funding for travel, lots of internal support and collaboration, and lots of free lunches. All the essentials.
Relaxed and fun place to work with great benefits
HIGHER EDUCATION & PRIVATE SECTOR ADMIN (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 9, 2017
Working at UC was a very relaxed and positive experience. This is a collegial university with great benefits and great work-life balance. The students and Cincinnati community is great also.
Cons
Takes a long time to get hired
Terrible and incompetent people to work with.
Course Coordinator and Mathematics Educator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 6, 2017
I thought working at a large engineering school would be a refreshing change from a smaller liberal arts school. I assumed UC would be a well-oiled machine. I was so wrong. I honestly don't know how the place is still running. So many people are completely incompetent. It seems there are either no systems in place, or totally ineffective and non-sensical systems in place. People end up running things who yell the loudest. If you even question anything (which is exactly what critical thinking entails, and we should encourage in students), you are considered a troublemaker.
I served in a temporary, contractual capacity that limits my ability to give a substantial review
TEACHER OF MATHEMATICS (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 31, 2017
My assignment was a Summer Enrichment Program that lasted about two months each summer. I enjoyed the brief experience, and hoped for more opportunities..
Productive and well received.
Fire Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 29, 2017
Reliable and detail oriented. Established and implemented the fire prevention unit for department of public safety.
Code enforcement / Inspection Program
Education Program
Emergency Response
Fire incident investigations
Liaison to local fire department.
Not Bad
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 27, 2017
I gave it a four star because I have always felt safe here during the daylight hours. I tend to walk around on my own and as a female that is saying a lot. I have not been on campus after dark and I don't intend to be because my classes will be over by then and I will either be at home studying or at work earning my keep.
Unstressful and reasonable work
Student Worker for the Basic Science Department (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 21, 2017
The most valuable experiences were when I would be working with scientists conducting research on radiation and other medical sciences. The position also gave practice with cataloging surplus scientific apparatus'. The work environmental was inspiring as the advanced knowledge of my coworkers kept the position interesting.
Pros
Clear concise goals and deadlines without micromanaging
Cons
Scheduling conflicts with my class schedule
Fulfilling Work
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 15, 2017
I worked in a lab for undergraduate research credit. The work was fulfilling and made me feel like I was a part of something important. The work can be repetitive or stressful sometimes, but overall, it was a great experience for me.
Cooperative and team-spirited environment.
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 14, 2017
University of Cincinnati is a good institution with qualified professors always ready to help the students achieve their goals.It isa CAHIM recognized academic institution running the Bachelors, Masters, and Doctorate degrees.
Good university
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 14, 2017
good university for people to study here. It is helpful to let people engage with someone who come from another country and make/learn different culture.
good
Cons
nothing
I worked for University of Cincinnati little over 10 years.
Facility Management (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 3, 2017
Good opportunity , to continue your college education. You have to know some one to grow on job it doesn't matter you have education or job experience , unless you know some one no grow on the job, especially if you are a foreigner .
Great institution
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 29, 2017
I was a graduate student here and I had an excellent time at this university. They are big on research and are well funded by the government, heath sector and big companies.

Diversity is a big priority here and the school was top on the list for best universities in America!