University of Colorado at Boulder

University of Colorado at Boulder Employer Reviews

Teaching Assistant at CU Boulder
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, CONovember 12, 2013
I held a position of a Teacher's Assistant twice for freshmen engineering projects class.

A typical day at work included helping students with brainstorming ideas, building prototypes, and altering their design for a final project which was built in the theme of the professor's choosing.

Helping the students included helping with mechanical devices, – more... electronic devices, low-level software, and testing. – less
Research facility with a view
Evaluation of a POU water filter (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 30, 2013
A collaborative work environment in which independence and ingenuity is encouraged.
Worked in the field collecting resistivity data for the Boulder Creek CZO
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COJuly 9, 2013
During the summer of 2012 I worked as a student research assistant in the Boulder Creek Critical Zone Observatory. My responsibilities involved using EM-31 and DC Resistivity surveying techniques to map out the changes in conductivity of the upper fifty feet of the critical zone. Once the data was layered onto a topographic map of the region, correlations – more... could be made between conductivity and areas of high weathering. – less
Productive and useful environment for students
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COMay 29, 2013
A good place for students to get involve and get ready for a real workforce afterwards.
Good place for long term careers.
Finance Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COMay 13, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: no raises
If you are part of the classified staff (state) versus professional (university) you may have difficulty in getting promoted to the other level. I did not receive a raise the whole time I worked there because the state never had the funding. I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with, but being employee of the state was very difficult.
Great organization
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COFebruary 4, 2013
The staff and management are great to work with. My positions allows me to engage with students on a daily basis. They make the university and my department what it is. It is a very rewarding feild.
More politics than Washington D.C.
former classified staff (Former Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: free classes that you can't take because you must work
Cons: everything else
Managers manage to get big bucks for doing nothing. Classified employees receive unfair wages because all the funding is directed to coaches' monthly bonuses. Unproductive atmosphere - have you seen the show "The Office"?
Great school with nobel prize
Doctoral Candidate, Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 21, 2012
University of Colorado at Boulder has one of the greatest optics education program.
Nice place to work and live.
Post-Doctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Boulder, COJune 2, 2012
Nice place to work and live. Very good outdoor activities in Boulder area. Nice looking campus.
incredible flexability to tolerate politics in the office workplace
Health Care Tech (Current Employee), Boulder, COMay 6, 2012
Pros: the providers are good to work with, they are very helpful and understanding
Cons: mas don't utilize all skills learned in school, the schedule changes on hourly basis, to many inconsistancies
A typical day its never boring
what I learned is you can never succeed the manager (s)does not allow you to grow to be better than them and if you make a mistake they will never let you forget that it was a mistake and bring it up continually throughout your time there as an employee.
Most co-workers are there its nor a job or career but a paycheck
Hardest – more... part of the job is to ignore the junk the staff get away with even if its not politically correct
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the college students, where they come from what they are doing there where they are going and where they have been and to give them knowledge to help them help themselves relating to there health without making them feel ashamed of why they are there. – less
ITP
Quality of Service (QoS) over an MPLS (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 16, 2012
ITP is one of the most prestigious programs for telecommunications at University of COlorado at Boulder