University of Colorado at Boulder Employee Reviews in United States

It was a great place to work.
Custodial/First Responder (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 14, 2016
It is a beautiful University tucked away in the foothills with outstanding beauty.The staff,students and co workers were great to work for. I would recommend working there or attending school there.
Pros
Free bus pass
Cons
Management could treat people better with employee concerns etc.
I loved working with CU staff, great environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 24, 2016
Being a research assistant was such a great experience because I was always learning. I was able to do many research projects that helped me in my work and in my classes.
Wonderful institution
Volunteer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 12, 2016
No matter which area of campus I worked for, the experience has always been incredible. Whether it was the people or what I was learning to do, I always felt as though my interests were being fostered.
Fun and productive place to work!
Research Assistant in MCDB (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 8, 2016
I loved the culture at CU. It is a fantastically collaborative place driven by the passions of scientists and reaching forward to tackle the problems of the 21st century.
Fast paced equipment rental facility for students.
Kage Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 11, 2015
Daily tasks included checking in and out film equipment, transfer film to digital media, and providing input about equipment to the vast majority of the student body. Cameras ranged from 8mm to HD so I had to be knowledgeable for all questions that were asked. I was the go to employee that students would direct their editing questions to.
Pros
Free equipment
A learning experience in front and behind the lecturn
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 6, 2015
Covered tuition plus a stipend in return for instructor effort. A very good deal and extremely fun due to energetic students and good advisorship. Classes get hectic when teaching but learning to manage groups is key to the job experience.
Pros
Stipend, job experience, high energy
Cons
Time sink, high stress
Productive and fun place to learn about chemistry
Student (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 20, 2015
Productive workplace with great facilities allowing for a lot of hands on experience. Labs were plentiful allowing experience to be gained with multiple chemistry techniques and equipment. Labs were difficult but allowed for extensive knowledge to be developed.
Fun job
Bartender and Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 27, 2015
Good start out job to balance with school and life. Flexible hours and days to help manage student life. Also easy going job with decent pay.
It was enjoyable
MATH TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 13, 2015
It was a great place to work while in college. Being able to keep up on my math skills while helping others increase their own.
Ta
Writing Instructors Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 4, 2015
Great way to strengthen communication, educational, multi-tasking, and teamwork skills. Learned a lot about how things function in the classroom.
tremendous on-the-job experience
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 12, 2015
I loved working as an undergraduate research assistant while going to school full-time at CU/ Boulder. I learned so much more in just a few hours per week than even the students in classroom labs learned, and really found my passion working in a laboratory there.
Pros
kindred spirits abound
Cons
not for those who are allergic
Positive and fun work environment
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 21, 2014
Fun work environment and get to connect with several people across the campus.
Great Job! Good connections with Architecture Staff, Professors and Educators. This job worked well with my class schedules.
Administrative Assistant, Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 7, 2014
A typical day consists of working the front desk, making appointments with students and their academic advisers, answering phones, filing, mailing, organizing and cleaning. I was also in charge of opening and closing the office, building inspections for safety, clear fire exits and repairs needed. I was able to help instructors, making copies and doing other tasks. I also delivered mail and FCQ's to them. I was able to help fellow students register and choose classes needed to graduate. I set up rooms for lectures and other events and I helped with Graduations. My co-workers were other students and friends, we all worked different shifts. My supervisor and I got along very well. I learned much about the College of Architecture and Planning. I enjoyed my interaction with students, staff, professors and instructors.
Teaching Assistant at CU Boulder
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 12, 2013
I held a position of a Teacher's Assistant twice for freshmen engineering projects class.

A typical day at work included helping students with brainstorming ideas, building prototypes, and altering their design for a final project which was built in the theme of the professor's choosing.

Helping the students included helping with mechanical devices, electronic devices, low-level software, and testing.
Research facility with a view
Evaluation of a POU water filter (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 30, 2013
A collaborative work environment in which independence and ingenuity is encouraged.
Worked in the field collecting resistivity data for the Boulder Creek CZO
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 9, 2013
During the summer of 2012 I worked as a student research assistant in the Boulder Creek Critical Zone Observatory. My responsibilities involved using EM-31 and DC Resistivity surveying techniques to map out the changes in conductivity of the upper fifty feet of the critical zone. Once the data was layered onto a topographic map of the region, correlations could be made between conductivity and areas of high weathering.
Productive and useful environment for students
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 29, 2013
A good place for students to get involve and get ready for a real workforce afterwards.
Good place for long term careers.
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 13, 2013
If you are part of the classified staff (state) versus professional (university) you may have difficulty in getting promoted to the other level. I did not receive a raise the whole time I worked there because the state never had the funding. I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with, but being employee of the state was very difficult.
benefits
Cons
no raises
Great organization
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 4, 2013
The staff and management are great to work with. My positions allows me to engage with students on a daily basis. They make the university and my department what it is. It is a very rewarding feild.
More politics than Washington D.C.
former classified staff (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 22, 2013
Managers manage to get big bucks for doing nothing. Classified employees receive unfair wages because all the funding is directed to coaches' monthly bonuses. Unproductive atmosphere - have you seen the show "The Office"?
Pros
free classes that you can't take because you must work
Cons
everything else

4.3