University of Colorado at Boulder Employee Reviews

incredible flexability to tolerate politics in the office workplace
Health Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 6, 2012
A typical day its never boring
what I learned is you can never succeed the manager (s)does not allow you to grow to be better than them and if you make a mistake they will never let you forget that it was a mistake and bring it up continually throughout your time there as an employee.
Most co-workers are there its nor a job or career but a paycheck
Hardest part of the job is to ignore the junk the staff get away with even if its not politically correct
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the college students, where they come from what they are doing there where they are going and where they have been and to give them knowledge to help them help themselves relating to there health without making them feel ashamed of why they are there.
Pros
the providers are good to work with, they are very helpful and understanding
Cons
mas don't utilize all skills learned in school, the schedule changes on hourly basis, to many inconsistancies
Great Job! Good connections with Architecture Staff, Professors and Educators. This job worked well with my class schedules.
Administrative Assistant, Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 7, 2014
A typical day consists of working the front desk, making appointments with students and their academic advisers, answering phones, filing, mailing, organizing and cleaning. I was also in charge of opening and closing the office, building inspections for safety, clear fire exits and repairs needed. I was able to help instructors, making copies and doing other tasks. I also delivered mail and FCQ's to them. I was able to help fellow students register and choose classes needed to graduate. I set up rooms for lectures and other events and I helped with Graduations. My co-workers were other students and friends, we all worked different shifts. My supervisor and I got along very well. I learned much about the College of Architecture and Planning. I enjoyed my interaction with students, staff, professors and instructors.
Good place for long term careers.
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 13, 2013
If you are part of the classified staff (state) versus professional (university) you may have difficulty in getting promoted to the other level. I did not receive a raise the whole time I worked there because the state never had the funding. I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with, but being employee of the state was very difficult.
benefits
Cons
no raises
Worked in the field collecting resistivity data for the Boulder Creek CZO
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 9, 2013
During the summer of 2012 I worked as a student research assistant in the Boulder Creek Critical Zone Observatory. My responsibilities involved using EM-31 and DC Resistivity surveying techniques to map out the changes in conductivity of the upper fifty feet of the critical zone. Once the data was layered onto a topographic map of the region, correlations could be made between conductivity and areas of high weathering.
Fast paced equipment rental facility for students.
Kage Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 11, 2015
Daily tasks included checking in and out film equipment, transfer film to digital media, and providing input about equipment to the vast majority of the student body. Cameras ranged from 8mm to HD so I had to be knowledgeable for all questions that were asked. I was the go to employee that students would direct their editing questions to.
Pros
Free equipment
tremendous on-the-job experience
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 12, 2015
I loved working as an undergraduate research assistant while going to school full-time at CU/ Boulder. I learned so much more in just a few hours per week than even the students in classroom labs learned, and really found my passion working in a laboratory there.
Pros
kindred spirits abound
Cons
not for those who are allergic
Teaching Assistant at CU Boulder
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 12, 2013
I held a position of a Teacher's Assistant twice for freshmen engineering projects class.

A typical day at work included helping students with brainstorming ideas, building prototypes, and altering their design for a final project which was built in the theme of the professor's choosing.

Helping the students included helping with mechanical devices, electronic devices, low-level software, and testing.
More politics than Washington D.C.
former classified staff (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 22, 2013
Managers manage to get big bucks for doing nothing. Classified employees receive unfair wages because all the funding is directed to coaches' monthly bonuses. Unproductive atmosphere - have you seen the show "The Office"?
Pros
free classes that you can't take because you must work
Cons
everything else
A learning experience in front and behind the lecturn
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 6, 2015
Covered tuition plus a stipend in return for instructor effort. A very good deal and extremely fun due to energetic students and good advisorship. Classes get hectic when teaching but learning to manage groups is key to the job experience.
Pros
Stipend, job experience, high energy
Cons
Time sink, high stress
Productive and fun place to learn about chemistry
Student (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 20, 2015
Productive workplace with great facilities allowing for a lot of hands on experience. Labs were plentiful allowing experience to be gained with multiple chemistry techniques and equipment. Labs were difficult but allowed for extensive knowledge to be developed.
Fun and productive place to work!
Research Assistant in MCDB (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 8, 2016
I loved the culture at CU. It is a fantastically collaborative place driven by the passions of scientists and reaching forward to tackle the problems of the 21st century.
Great organization
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 4, 2013
The staff and management are great to work with. My positions allows me to engage with students on a daily basis. They make the university and my department what it is. It is a very rewarding feild.
Fun job
Bartender and Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 27, 2015
Good start out job to balance with school and life. Flexible hours and days to help manage student life. Also easy going job with decent pay.
It was enjoyable
MATH TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 13, 2015
It was a great place to work while in college. Being able to keep up on my math skills while helping others increase their own.
Ta
Writing Instructors Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 4, 2015
Great way to strengthen communication, educational, multi-tasking, and teamwork skills. Learned a lot about how things function in the classroom.
Great school with nobel prize
Doctoral Candidate, Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 21, 2012
University of Colorado at Boulder has one of the greatest optics education program.
Research facility with a view
Evaluation of a POU water filter (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 30, 2013
A collaborative work environment in which independence and ingenuity is encouraged.
Itp
Quality of Service (QoS) over an MPLS (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 16, 2012
ITP is one of the most prestigious programs for telecommunications at University of COlorado at Boulder
Nice place to work and live.
Post-Doctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 2, 2012
Nice place to work and live. Very good outdoor activities in Boulder area. Nice looking campus.
Productive and useful environment for students
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 29, 2013
A good place for students to get involve and get ready for a real workforce afterwards.

4.3