University of Colorado Denver

University of Colorado Denver Employer Reviews

Working as a Lab Monitor
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 27, 2014
A great job that easily balances school and work. Good job to learn skills related to printing and work on helping others with problems.
Great working environment along with intellectual support from all departments.
Student Telecommunications Aid (Former Employee), Aurora, COMarch 26, 2014
This was a great first job while attending school as a student worker. The staff is helpful and knowledgeable in all areas of the job. Training and learning all aspects of the job happened on a daily basis. It was challenging at times but also gave a good balance so it was not to stressful.
Life in HR in Denver
HR Assistant (Former Employee), Auraria CampusFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: good employees, good team working
Cons: management has preferences on employees
The employees are wonderful. However, there is a division amoung the sub departments. The division is mainly fueled by the management. When the employees work as a team or individually, many great things happen. However, when one department handles its meetings the feeling of comradery leaves and sense of self-entitlement emerges. Also, the lower paid – more... employees often feel left out by some other employees due to their status. – less
Productive and Flexible Workplace
Student Assistant/ Office Support (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 6, 2014
As a work-study student position it was extremely flexible around my school schedule. I was able to learn great skills in managing an online database, customer service and support, and time management along with project management.
Productive and Flexible
Web-Developer (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: holidays breaks, work enviornment, people, and flexiblity
Cons: consistency of work duration varies depending on holidays such as christmas.
Got to apply my knowledge here at the offices using what I learned in class. A very friendly workplace and connection with the people there are very professional.
No room for advancment
Barista (Former Employee), Anschutz Medical CampusNovember 15, 2013
Working for the state offers great benefits but that is about all. I worked there for 5 years and never received one raise not even a cost of living raise. Also, the only way to get promoted or move around is if you know the right person. I watched my manager promote and give raises to only people she liked and left the rest of her employees out. I – more... feel this was bad business and it proved me right when all of our positions were dissolved. – less
PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: distance from home
A typical day at work required catching up on emails in the morning which basically determined my day, however, my day could consist of making travel arrangements to coordinating moves to ensuring applications had accurate materials. I also greeted and answered queries from other university programs and students. Using my daily planner and Google calendar, – more... I planned my daily/weekly tasks.

In my role as a Program Assistant, I learned how to be more efficient. Often, I would think about ways in how I could better processes.

Working for a total of nine Directors and programs, I found management flexible, supportive, and understanding especially when it came time to request if my hours could be changed due to my family obligations. Co-workers were also a pleasure to work with.

The hardest part of the job was not so much the job itself, but travel time. Since parking on campus was expensive, I caught the bus. Even though I caught the express, travel time to and fro work too one hour.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work independently and my managers having faith in my work and what I was accomplishing. This allowed me to experiment, i.e., create/generate processes that worked well in the office. – less
nice experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 11, 2013
welcoming studying environment and i found most professors very helpful and kind, they are patient to explain any problems that the student might have, the location is good with nice weather
One of the Best Jobs I've had
Administrative Assistant/IT Support (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: state job, job creation, opportunity to do other things.
Cons: too much down time, some egos, monthly pay
Co-Workers were great Upper management was ok no real Issues, My office manager was great. and the benefits were great as well.
I loved the campus and students enjoyed working on campus.
Program Assistant 1-II (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: enjoyed the campus students and faculty.
Cons: too many assignments for the pay scale.
Enjoyed working on downtown campus.Enjoyed the diversity. enjoyed most of the work load assigned.
Good Experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 21, 2012
I have managed, maintained and supervised the Materials Laboratory for the University of Colorado Denver for two years. (1) Managing our Concrete Materials Laboratory (2) Purchase of new equipment and maintenance of old equipment (3) Assisting other graduate students in concrete related batching and testing (4) Writing of regular progress reports to – more... the research sponsor (50+pages) (5) Being an unpaid teaching assistant to the Introduction to Structural Materials course using CDOT Structural Concrete Specifications to guide civil engineering students (6) Responsible for preparing the laboratory to be certified by the CDOT for Colorado Procedure 10–Standard Practice for Qualification of Testing Personnel and Laboratories. In 2010, the UCD–Concrete Materials Laboratory successfully passed an inspection performed by the CDOT Physical Properties group.
*Responsible for ordering, obtaining, and maintaining all materials needed for concrete batching and testing (cement, aggregates, admixtures, cylinder molds) as well as more specialized equipment such as LVDTs, data loggers, and our freeze-thaw durability machine. I have (on his own) calibrated several pieces of equipment (compressometer, pressure meters, etc....) as well as cleaned and maintained other concrete test equipment. I routinely volunteers to assist other graduate students working on concrete related projects such as Evaluation of Post-Mercury Control Fly Ash, Evaluation of Recycled Concrete Materials, Pervious Concrete. – less
Great Mission, Staffing falls short of it.
Third Party Coordinator /Accounting Technician III (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 14, 2012
Pros: higher education setting.
Cons: not enough staff to keep up with the increasing student population.
The University has a great mission and organization is to educate people however with all of the state budget cuts, morale has been lost and people are overworked. This results in students not receiving the proper service that they are paying for or just simply just get the run around.
IT Assistant/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 12, 2012
Pros: work-life balance, good co-workers
Cons: management could be a little better but overall great experience
Loved everything about this job. Pretty laid back environment, My co-workers were awesome, I was always busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was i got to use my IT skills and administrative skills which created my position with the university.
The hardest part of the job was leaving.
Productive and enjoyalbe workplace
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 11, 2012
I have good managers and supervisors, and I enjoy to do my job with a clear direction.