University of Colorado Health

University of Colorado Health United States Employee Reviews

friendly and very caring
National Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Greeley, COApril 13, 2015
Pros: lunch break, workers, providers
Cons: nothing
I love working for this company I am said to be moving away. The workers and providers are very caring and well educated. I have learned a lot and loved every minute of it all.
Great employees and patients
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Loveland, COApril 9, 2015
Pros: I did get employee discounted lunches at MCR, and the food is excellent.
Cons: At times we were short staffed, however, it made me feel like I was helping tremendously with patient care during those times.
My time at MCR will never be forgotten. It made me realize, as a Northern Colorado native, just how humbled I am by the staff at MCR as well as the interaction with the patients. From the beginning, I was welcomed with open arms, taught from the best of the best, and was treated with the utmost respect from the staff as well as the patients. I was honored to my Phlebotomy internship at such a beautiful facility.
Great company, but limited hours and barely any chance to advance.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COApril 2, 2015
Pros: On site medical care
Cons: Very limited hours and no room for advancement
The environment itself was ideal, as were the benefits. They provided complete medical coverage from day one of starting there. The other employees had a very positive attitude and worked very hard to ensure everything ran smoothly. Management was extremely heavy handed however, and unwilling to work around school a school schedule. Very limited hours and extremely low pay.The amount cited in the amount paid was the maximum amount you could expect to be paid per year in this job, and only if you were lucky enough to get 40 hours a week, which was extremely rare. They made it extremely hard to advance as well, and often hired outside the facility instead of internally. I can't say that this is the case currently, however, as I have not worked there since 2000.
Fast pace and good team
Advanced Care Partner (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 25, 2015
Typically work is 12 hr shift either 6:30am to 7pm or reversed. Co-workers are mostly students of various nursing schools. Fast pace all the time so no time for talking.
It is my desire to serve our community and this provided a way.
Program Support Assistant (Former Employee), Anschutz Medical Campus, AuroraMarch 3, 2015
Pros: excellent healthcare, benefits, managers cared about their staff and listened to their suggestions
Cons: i had difficulty with the back to back 3 days 12 hour shifts.
It was my privilege to work with the brilliant surgeons, nurses and the surgical techs as we worked to improve and save lives. There was never a typical day at work. I usually started the day by checking to see if there were any added request for time (RFT) surgeries waiting to be scheduled; put together tomorrow’s schedule for the charge nurse to prepare the assignments; keeping the dry erase board, enumerating the current scheduled operations, up to date at least hourly if not more. While answering the multi-line phone and transferring it to the correct staff member, I also ordered supplies for the operating rooms and office supplies. It was also necessary to add the RFT surgeries when a room opened up and update monthly reports and databases. I learned new computer programs for payroll (ANSOS), scheduling the rooms (EPIC), reporting data bases, such as SNOW and VIRTUE. I worked well with management listening to their suggestions and implementing them with a positive attitude. My co-workers would say that I talked directly with them if there were questions or problems with a can do attitude to be able to work with them to establish a high level of esprit de corps. The hardest part of the job was rearranging the 19 operating rooms when we had multiple transplants and had to triage the other surgeries putting the most urgent cases first – upsetting doctor and nurses schedules. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling the satisfaction of helping our patients’ lives to improve.
Many employee support options
Data Entry Technician (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 26, 2015
The Hospital is consistently nationally ranked for a reason. There is an honest effort to provide support to employees and the benefits are decent.
Long lasting career with no hope in the future
Patient Resident Liaison- Case Management (Former Employee), Anschutz Medical CampusFebruary 24, 2015
I had worked for UCH for 8 years when I noticed that so much had changed. It didn't feel like people were there for our patients but a paycheck. Everything started being taken away from the employees from the free parking that was promised to us when moving to Anschutz to their retirement and extended illness pay... Every year our raises were smaller and the worked increased as did the price for our employee benefits.
call center environment
Patient Registration Rep (Current Employee), Greeley, COFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: trapped at desk
If you like being on the phone all day, this is for you. I like my co workers, they make it work it. Great company. The benefits are good and the experience helping patients.
Good Place
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 17, 2015
Staff nurse providing care to patients on a medical floor. Planning implementations and evaluations of individual care plans. Ensured the doctor's orders were effectively carried out.
Hard working, dedicated and easy going.
Emergency Department EMT-B/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: stable job, co-workers, benefits, learning enviornment and grace.
Cons: thirty minutes for lunch during a twelve hour shift.
At any given time one will have to multitask to keep up the fast pace of the busy department. My co-workers make that possible with the up beat attitude and desire to help. We worked as a team to give the best costumer service and patient care. I enjoyed my position greatly and look forward to finding another good team to work with. The hardest part of the job is seeing family members of patients suffer. As a team we provided care for the family almost as much and the patient in need.
Terrible Management
RN (Current Employee), LovelandJanuary 31, 2015
Cons: short staffed, horrible management
You are just a warm body, no one really cares what you think and they are so inexperienced as managers. Been there 10 years have seen many changes, all they keep doing is taking things away from us.
Stressful but positive work environment
Phlebotomist and Lab Processor (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COJanuary 29, 2015
Because of health care changes, we are constantly understaffed, so more work is loaded on, which inevitably causes more stress. However, by being organized, the work load can be handled.

I love all of the staff I work with and I think our medical group provides world class health care.
Progressive, Magnet Hospital values Nurses!
Neuroscience Unit Staff RN (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 26, 2015
I worked at University of Colorado Hospital for 12 years and loved it. I would still be working there had my spouse not been transferred. The Neurosurgery and Neurology Services are top-notch with team players that value nurses. My fellow nurses are intelligent, dedicated, compassionate professionals.
Stay away
Crothall EVS Operation Manager (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: long hours, crothall evs managers are of poor caliber
very tough job but worth it, Crothall's EVS directors & assistant directors are useless.
More Burns then Trauma
Critical Care Nurse (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great burn treatment experience
Cons: high turn over
Really great burn experience. Didn't see a lot of Trauma. Turn over seemed high with lots of new grads.
Great teamwork and educational experience.
Level IIB Fieldwork (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 14, 2015
I completed my intern was on cardiac unit. I worked with clients on activities of daily living and instructed patients on VAD battery changes. This was very education experience and a positive work culture.
Great place to work- if you work in the right department.
Ancillary Health Tech (Current Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits, tuition reimbursement, great overall morale
Cons: short-staffing, no appreciation from management
Our department is basically on the lower end of the totem pole. There is constant battles with nurses on the floors when it comes to lab draws, with little reinforcement from our manager. Lots of petty politics/issues that never get resolved. Very high turnover rate, constant short-staffing. Very little appreciation from direct management and no recognition of a job well done...ever.
Two inpatient towers floors 3-12, with about 20-30 rooms on each floor
Ancillary Health Technician (Former Employee), Aurora, CODecember 27, 2014
We would do rounds every two hours, which consisted of drawing all the labs on your given floors for the night (ie:10-12, or 3-6), charting information about patients after rounds, keeping an eye on any stat EKGs for patients on your floor. Some nights I was also in the ER, which meant no blood draws, but vastly more EKGs than a usual night. I really enjoyed working there, the work was challenging, but not too challenging, and a majority of the patients were very happy to see me. I was known as 'the good tech', and my coworkers would often call me when they had a patient with tough to find veins.
Overall, Fair.
Materials Technician (Former Employee), Loveland, CODecember 4, 2014
Pros: hours, co-workers(some, not all), benefits
Cons: management: not flexible in many areas, favoritism. training is non existent in some areas.
Where I worked hours were great, we got out at 2:30pm. I worked in my department for over 6 years, but there weren't many opportunities for advancement. When there was, favorites were chosen ahead of time even though I was allowed to continue the selection process and interviews. Once you are a favorite, you can do no wrong: job duties, attendance policy was lax, or violations were ignored. Our training, especially in new computer programs was non-existent. People continue to struggle, but management doesnt seem to have time or care. We were always understaffed, and even though we were told we had room for a full timer to be hired, it was never done, so we worked harder with less people. Management in my area was terrible, and our culture surveys showed that. Punishment for job performance was "selective", meaning they only counseled people that weren't in their favorite clique. I felt that if I just put down my head and worked my tail off, that would be good enough, but I guess not. I felt pressured to "be on board", and was told my personality traits were more important than my job performance. I am convinced they wanted people to "kiss butt". Enough said. The job was physical at times, but certainly not hard. The most enjoyable part were the hours, which allowed better family time, and I made a couple of friends that remain to this day. Would I recommend this job to anyone? Keep looking.
Evening shift supervisor (Current Employee), Aurora, CONovember 21, 2014
Pros: resourceful
Good place to work. A large supporting system
********************************************************

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Colorado Health

With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state's largest – Read more

University of Colorado Health Salaries