University of Colorado Health

University of Colorado Health Employer Reviews

Management sucks
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Loveland, COJuly 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management, pay
Management is horrible and no one knows what's going on. There is no such thing as a TEAM. No one is willing to help.
Great Place to work, great benefits
Healthcare Account Specialist-Epic Project (Current Employee), Aurora ColoradoJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: none that i can think of
I love my job-Great place to establish a career in the Healthcare Field.
Awesome teamwork and employees in such a high acuity unit.
Surgical Intensive Care Nurse/Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Aurora, COJune 19, 2014
Pros: peers
Cons: lack of experienced staff
I worked as a SICU RN and Relief Charge Nurse for numerous years on the night shift. The job was very challenging and rewarding. I learned many life altering things, as well as, many types of machines and equipment. I loved my coworkers and never felt alone in any of my tasks. I believe the hardest part of the job was not being able to save everyone – more... and knowing when to let go. I very much enjoyed working at UCH. – less
Growing organization with many options to grow
Transplant Financial Case Coordinator (Current Employee), Aurora, COJune 18, 2014
University is a fabulous organization to work for. They are committed and encourage all employees to continue their education. They provide a great work/life balance.
My first job as a Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Aurora, COJune 18, 2014
Had lots of management issues. Very small medical office. Doctors would come and go by the week.
University of Colorado Hospital
Recruiter (Current Employee), Aurora, COJune 9, 2014
With the hospital growing and branching out across the Colorado state, there are many new and exciting developments approaching.
High functioning EP Lab putting patients first
Clinical RN III in Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab (Former Employee), Aurora, COJune 8, 2014
The University of Colorado is a wonderful place to work, with opportunities for career advancement and support for co-workers and management.

My co-workers in the EP Lab were the best people I have ever worked with, the team we created was like none other. Always having each others back and supporting difficult decisions.

The hardest part of the job – more... was staying late unexpectedly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the family feel our group had. – less
A hospital with a good past, undergoing massive changes.
Clinical Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 5, 2014
Pros: great insurance package, lots of fine physicians.
Cons: work place struggling to cope with massive changes and financial short falls.
A typical day includes caring for five to six patients with a variety of health problems, including ortho-knee hip and shoulder, gastrointestinal issues, respiratory ailments, and telemetry monitored patients.
I learned to implement post operative orthopedic cares according to comprehensive protocols established by the physicians and the hospital. I – more... also brought my medical/surgical/cardiac skills back up to snuff following a three year stint as a psychiatric nurse.
To my good fortune I had the opportunity to work with an excellent unit manager, who demonstrated caring and was able to achieve high levels of nursing excellence because of the positive work culture she created; and because of her excellent planning and coordination. She left five months ago.
My coworkers are helpful and encouraging. Most of them work hard to provide safe and clinically excellent care. There is a great deal of collaboration and team work.
The hardest part of my job is finding supplies in a timely fashion. There are many supply locations over a large area.
I enjoy watching patients return to wellness. I also feel that I have accomplished something when I know that a patients course of care was optimized by proactive nursing interventions that anticipated needs and avoided or corrected complications promptly. I also have had the pleasure to precept nurses who are new to nursing or to the system. – less
University of Colorado Hospital
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 1, 2014
· Deliver room service orders to patients as they order them
· Verify patients information name and birthday
· Break down carts in dish room, put dishes where they go
· Work tray line expo, mid, and checker stock all areas after last tray
Productive and friendly workplace
Epic Implementation Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 28, 2014
I am responsible for working with end-users to learn the clinical workflows within each department for providers, nursing, medical assistant and other ancillary support staff in preparation of the Epic implementation. My colleagues and I provide on-site training and support to end-users throughout the implementation phase of the project and assist users – more... with completing their tasks. I enjoy working with the end-users and teaching them about the system. It can be difficult when a rare issue comes up, but it is never anything that we can not make it through without collaborating and working as a team. It is rewarding for me to know that with this system, it can make the clinical staff and the patient's lives much easier, and can provide them better healthcare. – less
Great Job!
Video Monitoring Technician/ Med-Surg (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COMay 24, 2014
This position is great for students and a secondary income!
Working at MCR was the best job I've ever had.
Resource Pool RN II, CVRN, CNRN (Former Employee), Loveland, COMay 23, 2014
My experience at MCR as a Resource Pool RN II was the best employment experience of my lifetime. I grew from a new graduate nurse to become an experienced RN II with two national specialty certifications: CVRN, CNRN. The co-workers and my immediate supervisor were all wonderful. The hardest part of any kind of nursing
is navigating the interpersonal – more... maze of the wide variety of folks you have to deal with as a professional. – less
Nice Job
Technician 1 (Former Employee), Loveland, COMay 22, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: really simple work
Enjoyed going to work with different departments. Clean in different stages. Train for Haz-mat, and working with all envolved.
Great Company
Implementation Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 12, 2014
I enjoy working for UCH. Management is awesome and make sure you are always taken care of and value your feedback. My peers are fun and great to get along with.
Great opportunity to learn
Epic Pharmacy Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 29, 2014
I worked on a project job, It was a great learning experience! Unless you Know the right people you really cant advance!
Productive and Advancement opportunities
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 26, 2014
Greatest company I've ever worked for! Great management. Fun co-workers. Caring employees. Lots of foot work, be sure to exercise and strengthen those back muscles.
Great company to work for!
Coding Educator (Current Employee), Aurora, COApril 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits, pay
Company allows great flexibility for my position. Communication with staff and management is open. The company strives to be one of the top employers in Colorado and provides excellent benefits as well as fun activities for everyone to keep them engaged and motivated about their job. Patient care is our number one priority and everyone from a surgeon – more... down to the cleaning staff is made to feel as though their job is important in providing that care. – less
Flexible work environment
Coding Educator (Current Employee), Aurora, COApril 13, 2014
Pros: work from home.
Work on assignments as either given by management or volunteered for when asked by management. Working under minimal supervision. Interact with team members for input.
was great job with benefits
Care Team Assistant Front Desk (Former Employee), Aurora, COApril 8, 2014
checking in lots of patients, gathering insurance information was the typical day. I learned to speak up there was a indigent care patient book that kept growing because the doctor kept cancelling so I talk to the Director of the department and he talk to the doctor and we were able to get more patients seen . Management was fair very efficient. It – more... was best to focus on work and leave socializing outside of the office. The hardest part was hearing the complaints from patients who were in pain . The most enjoyable part was the Christmas parties, – less
A great hospital to work for
Unit Assistant II - Orthopedics (Former Employee), Fort Collins, ColoradoMarch 18, 2014
Working as a CNA at the time, I was always running around like crazy. We were understaffed more than not on the evening shift, but we managed to safely and adequately care for each patient. I enjoyed the hospital overall, and would definitely work for PVH again.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Colorado Health

With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state's largest – Read more