University of Colorado Health

University of Colorado Health Employer Reviews

More Burns then Trauma
Critical Care Nurse (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great burn treatment experience
Cons: high turn over
Really great burn experience. Didn't see a lot of Trauma. Turn over seemed high with lots of new grads.
Great teamwork and educational experience.
Level IIB Fieldwork (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 14, 2015
I completed my intern was on cardiac unit. I worked with clients on activities of daily living and instructed patients on VAD battery changes. This was very education experience and a positive work culture.
Great place to work- if you work in the right department.
Ancillary Health Tech (Current Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits, tuition reimbursement, great overall morale
Cons: short-staffing, no appreciation from management
Our department is basically on the lower end of the totem pole. There is constant battles with nurses on the floors when it comes to lab draws, with little reinforcement from our manager. Lots of petty politics/issues that never get resolved. Very high turnover rate, constant short-staffing. Very little appreciation from direct management and no recognition of a job well done...ever.
Two inpatient towers floors 3-12, with about 20-30 rooms on each floor
Ancillary Health Technician (Former Employee), Aurora, CODecember 27, 2014
We would do rounds every two hours, which consisted of drawing all the labs on your given floors for the night (ie:10-12, or 3-6), charting information about patients after rounds, keeping an eye on any stat EKGs for patients on your floor. Some nights I was also in the ER, which meant no blood draws, but vastly more EKGs than a usual night. I really enjoyed working there, the work was challenging, but not too challenging, and a majority of the patients were very happy to see me. I was known as 'the good tech', and my coworkers would often call me when they had a patient with tough to find veins.
Overall, Fair.
Materials Technician (Former Employee), Loveland, CODecember 4, 2014
Pros: hours, co-workers(some, not all), benefits
Cons: management: not flexible in many areas, favoritism. training is non existent in some areas.
Where I worked hours were great, we got out at 2:30pm. I worked in my department for over 6 years, but there weren't many opportunities for advancement. When there was, favorites were chosen ahead of time even though I was allowed to continue the selection process and interviews. Once you are a favorite, you can do no wrong: job duties, attendance policy was lax, or violations were ignored. Our training, especially in new computer programs was non-existent. People continue to struggle, but management doesnt seem to have time or care. We were always understaffed, and even though we were told we had room for a full timer to be hired, it was never done, so we worked harder with less people. Management in my area was terrible, and our culture surveys showed that. Punishment for job performance was "selective", meaning they only counseled people that weren't in their favorite clique. I felt that if I just put down my head and worked my tail off, that would be good enough, but I guess not. I felt pressured to "be on board", and was told my personality traits were more important than my job performance. I am convinced they wanted people to "kiss butt". Enough said. The job was physical at times, but certainly not hard. The most enjoyable part were the hours, which allowed better family time, and I made a couple of friends that remain to this day. Would I recommend this job to anyone? Keep looking.
Evening shift supervisor (Current Employee), Aurora, CONovember 21, 2014
Pros: resourceful
Good place to work. A large supporting system
********************************************************
Standard greedy corporation
Ward Clerk (Former Employee), Loveland, CONovember 11, 2014
Pros: stability of work load
Cons: no advancement, poor pay, uncaring towards employees
I worked at UCH for 4 1/2 yrs begging for full time. I offered to split my positions from a Ward clerk to a CNA and they refused. I was offered 2, 12 hr days and only received the yearly cost of living raise (about .30 cents a yr).

Lazy, rude or plain awful co-workers were never disciplined even if a formal complaint was made. They expect all to "handle their own conflicts" which hardly ever works.

I only received a yearly review where issues were talked about (including not being full time) and nothing was done about it. I decided to quit when in the same day they announced the CEO receiving a million dollar bonus and they conducted a mandatory meeting to "discuss" employees not to offerpatients shampoo or toothpaste.

UCH, is a greedy corporation in the wrong business of helping the sick. They offer no advancement with out years of schooling, management is non-existent they would rather pass the buck then own up to their million dollar titles, rarely receive your breaks, they keep employees at part time, benefits are some what better than other places but still the lame deductible insurance and lastly, no raises only a yearly "cost of living" increase that is a why bother appreciation for all your hard work.
I still enjoy the people and the patients!
tech (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COOctober 28, 2014
We used to be a mom and pop kinda of hospital, but once we merged with the University things changed. EVERYTHING changed...our culture and morale!
Worked here a long time
Charge nurse in the Endoscopy Lab (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 21, 2014
Pros: evidence based practice, magnet hospital
Cons: long way from my home
I have worked at University for many years and for the most part, I have found the hospital supportive of staff, well organized and provides very good care to its patients
Positive place to be employed at.
Cardiac Telemetry RN (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COOctober 17, 2014
This organizations was the best I have worked at in my 20 years in healthcare. It was always positive and they encouraged continued learning.
Outpatient Clinical Setting
Care Team Assistant (Former Employee), Aurora, COOctober 7, 2014
I was a CTA which is the title the University of Colorado Hospital uses for unit secretaries. This is a great job until the day you upset the manager then suddenly the wrath of Human Resources comes crashing down on you in full force.
Great atmosphere
Release of Information Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good location
Cons: we moved to aurora
Face Pace
A different numbering system
Caring manager
Great people to work with
empty the 10 lbs bends
fun team
Advanced Care Partner (Current Employee), Aurora, COOctober 6, 2014
Pros: benefits, environment, growth.
Cons: the pay could be better, it was good, but colorado has gotten very expensive lately
Very fun team. The management is very supportive. The growth opportunities are immense. If you dedicate yourself to the hospital, the return shows.
The benefits are very good and if you work for the hospital for a while, it is totally worth it.

I think UCH is a very good place to work.
Not thrilled with who UC Health became after merging
STRATEGIC SOURCING BUSINESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Aurora, COOctober 6, 2014
Typical day was complete overload and stress. We kept getting told to do more with less.
Coworkers were ok. The politics at this facility are scary.

I really enjoyed my job the first year and a half and then was very stressed and overworked. I was also attending school part time to better my life but was expected to work 50 hours a week.
Good company but training was not available and should be required when entering a new position.
Patient Account Analyst (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 17, 2014
i enjoyed most of all the team work and how each person backed each other up if knowledge wasn't available.
Wonderful Hospital
Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee), Aurora, COSeptember 12, 2014
Lots of changes as healthcare reform changes the landscape.
Looking for long term employment with room for growth
Healthcare Account Specialist-Epic Project (Current Employee), Denver Metro AreaSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: growth potential
Cons: none to list
I enjoy working from 6am-3:45pm as I am currently in school finishing up my Bachelors degree. I enjoy a challenge and work very well under stress. I can easily meet deadlines and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. I can work independently or as a team player. The things I enjoy most about billing is the ever changing world of the medical field. I love to learn new things and adjust easily to change.
Terrible managment in the ambulance division
paramedic (Former Employee), Ft collinsSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: co-workers, calls and experience
Cons: managment
With too many members in senior managment that were promoted too soon to be strong leadars there is a lot of inconsistancy among the higher ranks. The call volume is great, the accuity is spectacular and the field crews are strong, competent and some of the best I have ever worked with. After witnessing so many underhanded and unethical things from the officers I finally left. Its a shame that a department with such potential is run by a bunch of immoral and crooked people. Also hardly any emphasis on continued education.
Bought my practice and dumped we providers < 1 year
physician (Current Employee), Medical Center of the RockiesAugust 1, 2014
The talk is all sweet platitudes e.g. "We improve lives" but input is requested post-decisions and the layers of bureaucracy lead to mind numbing inaction. The medicine is fine, the business and personnel management don't live up to the platitudes.
Amazing place to work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Loveland, ColoradoJuly 28, 2014
For OR people, it is hard to find the perfect OR. I found it here at Medical Center of the Rockies. People put things back where they belong, they will help you out even if they don't like you. Friendly atmosphere where sometimes you can't tell the doctors from the aids. The staff respects each other. Management is incredible too. They are willing to work with staff on any scheduling problems and don't hold grudges or play favorites. If there was an OR in heaven, it would be just like MCR.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Colorado Health

With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state's largest – Read more