University of Colorado Health Employee Reviews

decent job, low incentive to stay with company
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 17, 2017
overall its a decent place to work, raises are pathetic as well as the bonus's. not really much more I can say about the place, I'm just filling in extra characters for the minimum required to post
Very Clean Environment, Nice people
Cook (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 12, 2017
The best place to work in Denver, People are so nice, management was fair to everyone my boss was the nicest person in the whole hospital the pay grade was good too
Pros
free lunches, good benefits
Cons
sometimes you dont get your break because of how busy it is
A relatively new health system with lack of team cohesiveness
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 7, 2017
Pros:
-UCH is a highly integrated CIN
-After your initial 90 days of work, they allow you to work from home up to three days a week
-They oftentimes reimburse new employees to obtain Epic-certification, provided they sign a one-year contract with the company

Cons:
-The salary is not competitive and opportunities for advancement are limited.
-High employee turnover rate
-They usually low-ball your initial salary and often-times do not offer relocation assistance.
-New employees are only given a TOTAL of TWO weeks PTO in their first year -- meaning they do NOT offer paid sick leave, paid holidays nor maternity/paternity leave.
-Teams are typically spread out among different locations, so you very rarely have face-to-face meetings, leading communication to only be possible via email or Skype.
-It is very disappointing to see that despite the tech integration/ advancement the company has to offer, UCH is inherently non-progressive and the culture is pretty much by-the-book and comprised of red tape
Pros
-UCH is a highly integrated CIN, ability to work from home up to 3 days a week, they may reimburse new employees obtaining certification granted you sign a 1yr contract
Cons
-Non-competitive salary and limited opportunities for advancement, High turnover rate, low-ball your initial salary + do not offer relocation assistance, New employees are only given a TOTAL of TWO weeks PTO (aka NO paid sick leave or paid holidays), teams are typically spread out among different locations, inherently non-progressive with a by-the-book culture comprised of red tape
Overall Good Company
Personal Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 6, 2017
No place is perfect. The people, food, patients are all great. Sometimes new policies can be implemented in ways that show concern for staff, faculty, patients and overall operations. Overall it is a good company with happy people. One other drawback is the pay rate. Some positions end where other hospital systems begin.
Interesting colleagues, challenging work
Manager Clinic Operations (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 4, 2017
UCHealth is a growing organization in an expanding field. The work is rewarding, community-centered and filled with interesting people. The physicians and clinical staff genuinely strive to improve care, increase quality while providing a human touch. I'm proud to work with this organization.
Pros
Retirement benefits, medical, PTO are first rate. Healthy work/life expectations
Cons
Highly political
Hung up on Degrees
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 4, 2017
There are many talented people at UCHealth who are being held down because they don't have the exact degree requested in the original job description; they work extras hours while attending a university and end up burning out. There are exciting advancements in research, surgeries, high tech equipment and process improvement; if you find a supportive management subset and don't need to work with the executive team, it may be an excellent place to work.
Pros
Cutting edge
Cons
No work / life balance
was not a healthy work environment
Healthcare Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 2, 2017
When UCH starting acquiring more hospitals and medical centers then environment changed, even as small as you had to cover any type of body art even though my department was not client facing.
Overall a great opportunity
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 26, 2017
Like any healthcare organization, UCHealth continues to try to find a way to stay afloat amidst an uncertain political climate. I did not work with patients directly so do not know what clinical jobs are like. The administrative jobs are highly competitive and can be amazing or full of drama depending on which department you work for...and overall, the main calls are coming from those in charge in Denver and the northern and southern regions are losing their voice and influence.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
no lunch break somedays if working non-clinical
Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJune 23, 2017
UC Health was a great opportunity for me, I enjoyed the working atmosphere as well as the co-workers. I had a great year with UC health, until I had to make a temporary move to Oklahoma for my daughter. I would love to join the UC health team again one day in the future.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 20, 2017
Poudre Valley Hospital was a great place to work. Had a variety of experiences working in hospital setting. IV therapy was extremely rewarding and fun.
Started there as relatively new grad. Learned excellent assessment skills and time management skills.
Pros
Educational
n/a
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 15, 2017
I learned a lot how to work with patients, customer service skills, and a lot about healthcare and insurance. A typical day would include calling doctor offices seeing over 40 patients, faxing and printing, working with other departments to better assist patients
Great Workplace with Minor Challenges
Care Team Assistant ~ Internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 14, 2017
Was able to actively work with the community and be the liaison between the patient's needs and the communicator to the Physicians. Parking sucked though!
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2017
I was only there for my externship, but the staff is incredibly nice! It was organized and i had a great time at the urology department. Can't really say much about management other than they were freindly
understaffed, frequent staff turnover,micromanagement
Inpatient Orthopedic Case Manager (Former Employee) –  UCH Aurora, COJune 12, 2017
very fast paced, quick patient turnover- poor communication between team members-extremely poor staffing. Good care but lots of uninsured, out of state patients.
Harsh work environment
Radiology Department (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 3, 2017
So many people are fired from this hospital. Never saw such a turn over. Management is out to prove that they are management I guess. You'd think that it would cost too much money to keep hiring and firing that many people. Not necessary. Most of these people are just trying to go to work and do their job.
Pros
Co-workers, benefits, pay
Incredible IM Staff.
Internal Medicine Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 2, 2017
Simply could not have asked for a better learning environment as a PA-C, The supervising MD's where incredible. I would not hesitate to recommend UC Health.
Everyone was part of a family
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 1, 2017
I was responsible for 9 -18 patients safety and assisting with Active Daily Living responsibilities. There was several patients with different illnesses and a variety of different needs. I came in contact with patients from different walks of life and ethnicities. I worked in a fast paced environment and a tem work attitude. There were times that I would work on my own and times that I worked as a team member. The hardest part of my job was seeing the patients suffer through their illnesses. The most enjoyable part was that my fellow employees were like my family.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Working holidays
Competitive & Fulfilling workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 25, 2017
I've spent the last three years working at UCHealth, and it has been a very positive learning and growing experience for me. I would recommend this workplace to my family and friends. I would like to continue my career working for UCHealth in the outpatient setting as I am currently obtaining my DNP degree at CU.
It was Poudre Valley Hospital when I was there - great place to work
Occupational Health Tech/Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO 80524May 24, 2017
I was recruited by PVH from Oklahoma for my mastery of the injury management software they used. I worked for some time in Occupational Health before getting my real estate license to pursue that career. I was asked to stay on in relief status, which I did and thoroughly enjoyed. I also worked for awhile in the Telecom department where I really enjoyed the team and work environment.
Pros
Great people to work with, very solid/driven hospital leadership
Cons
None. I just wanted to be self-employed
Tough environment but fun
counselor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2017
Working in a TC is challenging but fun if you are willing to be insightful and receptive to feedback. It is difficult working in a residential environment as you grow very attached to clients who don't always succeed the way that you envision. This job is very fast paced and energetic and can prepare you for anything else you might face in your career. Management struggles to be supportive and nurturing to foster growth.
Pros
amazing once in a lifetime experience
Cons
easy to enmesh with the milieu

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Colorado Health. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Colorado Health Reviews by Location