University of Colorado Health Employee Reviews

Poor leadership
Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 25, 2017
I worked for this hospital when it was city owned and worked for it for a short time after it was taken over. Very disappointing when UCH came in. They are NOT the company I had anticipated. Only concerned about the bottom line...not too worried about their employees or the quality of care. Radiology leadership is the absolute worst...director is an over inflated windbag that only knows how to brag about how awesome he is. Shame...it used to be a really great place.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management in radiology, ineffective leadership system wide
Fun Enviorment
Administrative/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 9, 2017
Over all I loved working at the hospital it was challenging and fun. Always working in a clinic setting. Flow of patients was consistent. Easy to talk with management.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Office politics
Amazing organization
Medical Assistant- Dermatology (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 8, 2017
One of the best medical facilities I have ever had the pleasure to work for. They make it a point to make all employees feel comfortable by offering a great training program, continued education programs, great medical benefits and amazing patient care.
I absolutely loved it very stressful at times but love taking care of patients in a fast paced environment
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 8, 2017
Management needs a lot of review. Not for the employee and always short staffed for being the busiest er in the state of Colorado. It is a great place to work other than management & always being short staffed.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management
I enjoy what I do for a living.
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician - level I (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 6, 2017
My direct supervisor is fantastic. I see her going above and beyond for the staff that she over sees. Higher management seems to turn a blind eye to the fact we don't have enough staff to get everything accomplished in a timely manner.
Pros
pension
Cons
uncertified staff
Busy
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 6, 2017
Many very helpful and intelligent coworkers. Lots of continuing educational opportunities. Always encouraged to expand your own experiences and continue to improve your education.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
busy
UCHealth
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 23, 2017
UCHealth is a wonderful company to work for overall. There is never a dull moment or a shortage of projects to work on. The number of PTO days/holidays/sick days are all rolled into one bucket and this can be frustrating at times.
Cons
PTO, holidays
Dysfunctional environment - high turn-over rate
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 5, 2017
After banging your head against the wall for a few years you reach your limit of needless chaos, no gratitude, and questionable ethics. This is a dysfunctional environment. Instead of fixing the problems this department chooses to *1* "fix" the problem by cutting corners with tasks they can't keep up with (until the board of pharmacy is contacted and puts a stop to it), *2* reach department goals with smoke and mirror shows so the bosses get their big bonuses (while the minions get screwed on their increases), *3* remove valuable resources used to keep the operation organized, and *4* we will just leave at questionable ethics. There are always listings for this institution because the turn-over rate is impressive.
Pros
Decent compensation and one of the best benefit plans I have encountered these days.
Cons
Management in denial of problems - no gratitude from management
Great Place To Work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COFebruary 3, 2017
UCHealth is a great place to work. The management takes our feedback to heart and listens to what we have to say. Like all units, we have our challenges, but as a team we work together to brainstorm the best ways to improve things. We have gone through many changes and strive to stay positive about the future of our unit. We care for multiple types of patients including postpartum, pediatrics and post-surgical patients. I have learned a lot and working here has been a great experience.
will always have job security
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 2, 2017
UCHEALTH is a massive place. The OR is EXTREMELY busy! They are understaffed. There is something to learn everyday. They do very very difficult complex cases, and are always ahead of new advancements.
Pros
they listen to staff, job security, never bored
Cons
very limited breaks in a 12 hour shift, does not pay well
extremely busy floor with high patient turnover rate
Inpatient Orthopedic Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ColoradoFebruary 2, 2017
New assignments/patients each day making it extremely difficult to handle patient load-25-35 patients
shortstaffed, poor morale, disorganized midlevel providers-overworked
Pros
proficient clinical staff-RN's, Physical therapists
Cons
little or no presence of management, poor morale, extremely short staffed, high turnover rate for patients and staff, worked a lot of overtime
flexible
Facility Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 24, 2017
i would recommend it to any student worker. they are okay to work with but not for anybody who has a family, less pay but good benefit in general...good luck.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
terrible managers
It's a steady job
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 22, 2017
There isn't much room for advancement, at least the Food and Nutrition department, making the job feel very monotonous (not working towards anything). Also the hospital is taking on more and more patients, however, it is not add to the staff. So there is more work to be done with teams that were designed for a lesser load. The company as a brand seems to be advancing well, now the patient care needs to catch up with that.
Pros
Benefits are good, coworkers are friendly and helpful, prestigious hospital, and tuition assistance
Cons
Understaffed for the amount of patients coming in, paying for employee parking, no real room for advancement, everyone, at least in my department, looks burned out
Highest quality cardiovascular care
Cardiovascular Technician II (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 12, 2017
Highest quality cardiovascular care in Colorado. Cutting edge procedures administered by the highest quality Cardiologists. Improving the lives of individuals with a wide range of cardiovascular conditions.
Fun and High Energy
REVENUE RECOVERY ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 9, 2017
My co-worker and upper management are all AWESOME. There are great bonus opportunities. The pay is nice, and the area that I work is very convenient.
Pros
Free lunches and great bonus
Cons
Repetitive work, no paid holiday
MA's aren't compensated fairly
CMA (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJanuary 9, 2017
They are my current employer, although the University is a great corporation and has it's perks.. the pay they offer MA's is a slap in the face for all that they expect of us. I can speak only for the Lone Tree Health Center not main campus. Here at LTHC they have the MA's do the intakes, stock everything from rooms to kitchen to express lab, clean everything, do medical records, billing charges, phlebotomy, order supplies.. but yet offer what I feel like is the bare minimum. They don't offer you enough training, you have to basically learn as you go or you'll drown. Such a disappointment from UC.
Pros
chances for OT
Cons
LOW pay, 30min lunch, lack of training
UCHealth is an excellent employer
Manager Extended Business Office (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 8, 2017
UCHealth provides a great workplace. The work is fast paced and rewarding. It is special to know that you are part of an organization that saves lives.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Some long hours
peaceful and organized management system
Advanced Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 11, 2016
Working in this company helps me to develop my nursing skills and intellectual understanding. It is a place that justice applied for all patients regardless of race, religion, color, or ethnicity.
telemtry unit CNA
Certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CODecember 5, 2016
people were great to work with/for. lots of learning advancement, very fast paced, hours were great, advancement was great opportunity
Pros
hours
Cons
mangemnt
good place to work
Registered Nurse, Endoscopy Lab (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 2, 2016
I have worked here for almost 9 years. There are many opportunities for advancement if that is what you are looking for. I'm just looking for a different life in a new city and state.
Pros
na
Cons
na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Colorado Health. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Colorado Health Reviews by Location