University of Colorado Employee Reviews

excellent nursing education
Student PNP / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 6, 2015
Student in the pediatric nurse practitioner program. Wonderful program though unorganized at times due to seasons of transition.
Excellent, student friendly environment
Shipping and Receiving Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 19, 2015
Working for the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) Bookstore has been a wonderful experience. Having work and classes so close together helped me manage my time/schedule very wisely.
place lives in your home.
electronic specialist (Former Employee) –  facmanNovember 17, 2015
Worst place ever worked, they say work life balance, but only say that. Very intrusive into the way you live. Want in your house your bedroom and into your family life. They are very good at advancing the inept, and very much mid management heavy. Supervisors cant be trusted.
Pros
dont have to work
Cons
lots of angery people.
Dining and food services
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 5, 2015
DFS is interesting The Sous Chef is amazing but is overloaded by the idiot Executive Chef who does jack. The food is Meh and the manager at the lodge is garbage. The student workers are great and love working with them but it makes me angry to see them mistreated by the lodge manager. there is little to no communication even though they whine about it all the time. The only three managers I respect are the Sous Chef, The Director(usually) and the Residential Dining manager at Roaring fork (Dining center).
Work with employees to create a balanced life
Business Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 26, 2015
Mostly casual atmosphere with peaks during the startup of each semester. Benefits are good, work duties and locations can change quickly either by assignment or choice. Chaotic environment, heavy red tape and lots of politics. Great people to work with. Constantly growing organization that is seeking new opportunities to expand profits.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Heavy bureaucratic environment
Don't Send Your Child Here for Higher Ed - CU Boulder
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 6, 2015
This is by far the worst higher education institution I have ever worked for. Poor quality, lack of leadership, incompetent administration. No student-faculty-administrator collaboration. Very set in old ways. Lacks diversity in every area.
Great Place to Work
Administrative Professional (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 4, 2015
Pros:
Co-workers are friendly and team oriented.
Great pay
Professional development is encouraged
Beautiful campus
Benefits are awesome

Cons:
Lots of work with no backup plan and distributed to the team frequently.
Hard to take off time from work.
University of Colorado Office of Veteran Services
Office Administrator/Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 21, 2015
University of Colorado Student Veteran Association and the Office of Veteran Services holds its mission to offer support and reintegration, while facilitating an environment of personal and professional development. Having used many services with the Office of Veteran services and actively working with the Student Veteran Association, they have, and continue to help me reintegrate into society while pursing my educational goals. Their willingness to help veterans as led me to better understand and become more compassionate about the situation of other student veterans placed in similar circumstances. As a Navy Corpsman and disabled combat veteran, I have learned what compassion truly means, not only to the service member but also to their families. The process of transitioning from the security and safety of life in the military back to the uncertainty of civilian life has been one of the most difficult challenges I have faced. Along with the association's mission, I believe college is essential to the success and growth of this nation.
Pros
Great leadership opportunities fostering a healthy work enviroment
Cons
Typical customer service position
Sponsored Contract Billings, Supervision of four member team
Billing Technician IV/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 30, 2015
I enjoyed working at the University, but it was a culture shock. I came from the private sector and working for the State was quite different.
Pros
2 Breaks, Lunch and no overtime
Cons
Flexibility
You do what you have to
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 8, 2015
I was a teacher's assistant and it was a fine job. I was going to school at the same time, so that added to the stress and will slightly bias my opinion.

The best part of the job is interacting with the students and helping them learn. I thought my boss was a good leader and made sure we were all keeping up with our work. She was fair to the students and to the TA's.

What I didn't like was the lack of training. They dedicated an entire week to theory-based training that was worthless. By the time it's the day to teach, you'll be stuck trying to figure everything out on your own. Poor students! I feel so bad for them. I hardly knew what I was doing that first semester.
Pros
Students are great
Cons
No training
Atmospheric Sciences Research Center
Principal Investigator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 21, 2015
Best atmospheric research in the State of New York. In some areas it is sub par. The future of this institution is questionable providing that state funding will not be continued. Overall the institution is too small to warrant independent existence. It should be merged with the SUNY's Atmospheric Science Dept.
Family oriented. Caring bosses and employees
Student IT Staff (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 20, 2015
Days vary. Sometimes it's slow. Sometimes it's very busy.
Management cares about their employees.
Flexible work schedule if you're a student employee.
Best part is interacting with different people every year.
Pros
Caring management. Flexible for students.
Cons
Low pay. Not eligible for anything other than student insurance.
good teaching assistant program
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 15, 2015
Very good engineering school. TA job during the graduate school was good. People who are going to do TA and get a graduate degree, this school is very good.
University of Colorado Springs, College of Education
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 10, 2015
A typical day at work was helping students with their program information, answering phones, keeping Americorp records.
What I learned was how to multitask and keep Americorps records straight.
The management is great.
My co-workers were great to work with and we helped each other with projects.
The hardest part of the job was making sure the students in Americorp understood how to fill out time sheets.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping students and the professors.
Pros
Helping students
Cons
Leaving the position when I graduated
Great Place to work, great culture
Recreation Center Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 6, 2015
I was able to get the necessary leadership and life skills working for CU. I also worked in a good culture and had a boss that looked out for my professional path.
Pros
Close Location
Cons
Pay
Study Abroad Advisor Job - best college job
Study Abroad Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 1, 2015
Super fun atmosphere working with other people passionate about studying abroad and spreading the importance of cultural awareness.
Work as a team to accomplish a goal. Unlimited of chocolate candy for everybody, everyday
Emergency Department - Care Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 30, 2015
I'm at the Emergency Room at 7am. A person never knows how a day will unfold. There is 70 percent down time and 30 percent adrenaline when we, as a team, are saving a life. There are many joyful moments. A few sorrow filled times as well. There are two sides to every coin. The hardest part of the job is getting a patients identity and salient patient information correct under extreme pressure.
Pros
Free food several times a week
Cons
Short breaks, 12.5 hours shitfs
Good College
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 26, 2015
Working as research assistant. The professors are friendly and task oriented. Learning lot of technical skills from the professors.
convenient work space
Senior Design (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 11, 2015
It was very convenient to work at the same place I study. It made fast to go in out of work. I also liked setting my own work schedule that allowed me to still make school a priority.
Pros
manage my own time
Cons
no healthcare
Employment intended for undergraduate
Chemical stockroom assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 23, 2015
The job was very simple once you learned the everything. It had the benefit of providing students with the opportunity to work in the chemistry departmentl. The primary duties included assisting the laboratory coordinator (and certain faculty members) set up/restock labs, synthesize solutions for various chemistry courses, and regulate the stockrooms supplies and chemicals.
Pros
Clear, simple, direct job
Cons
Very few hours/small salary

4.2