University of Colorado Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work environment and peers
Assistant Sport Counselor, Football (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 12, 2017
It was a great place to work and the people were great to work with as well. The benefits were outstanding and there was a ot of room to grow if that is what you wanted to do.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
I moved and it was to far and boulder is not affordable to live in.
Student Employee
Parking Officer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 11, 2017
This job pays well for a student employment opportunity, but the upper management doesn't understand the job. During the time I worked there there were 3 managers whom quite, and the new one that were brought in had no experience. While they tried, they expected things from the department that could not of been delivered by untrained student employees.
Pros
On Campus job
Convenient job at the Business School
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2017
Working as a teaching assistant required communication and coordination of my schedule with the Professor on a weekly basis. It also required working independently and asking the appropriate questions to grade assignments using a grading rubric. I had to self monitor time management and coordinate pick up and dropping off of assignments with business services. The independence was the most attractive attribute of the job and the only downside was receiving a text to pick up assignments after I made a six block walk to the car.
Pros
Independent work environment
Cons
low pay
a typical day at work
Operating Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 2, 2017
My day begins with preparing the operating room suite for the days cases. I enjoy using my skills to create the best environment for my patients. I then meet my first patient of the day, this is where I get a few minutes to have someone trust me with their life. Next, we are off to the operating room for surgery.
Bad Scheduling
Athletic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 28, 2017
I didn't like working here, even though the athletes were great and nice; the scheduling was bad the tutors couldn't take time off for any reason.
Technical University Staff Employee
Laboratory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 27, 2017
Decent hours and work/life balance. Inequity of paid time off between university and classified staff, difficult people in my department to work with, poor communication between faculty and staff when decisions are made, and a lack of opportunities for growth: professional development, advancement, etc...
Excellent group of midwives
Nurse Midwife (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 25, 2017
Excellent midwife practice. Enjoyed working relationships with midwives, nurses, other providers. Multicultural, multilingual patients.
Good collaborative relationships.

I enjoyed working with students; nurse-midwifery, medical, nurse practitioner and PA students
Pros
Clinical teaching
Great place to complete PhD
Computational Bioscience Doctoral Candidate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 21, 2017
The University of Colorado has provided a fun and productive work environment during the completion of my PhD in Computational Bioscience. Colorado also has a lot to offer.
Great College
Assistant Professor of Military Science (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 20, 2017
Outstanding location, beautiful campus and great staff. This is an excellent university to work for. Typical day is 8am to 4pm. I teach class three times a week and the requirements are not to strenuous.
It is a nice place to be both as a student and as a part time staff
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 19, 2017
I have only worked in the capacity of a grader and now research assistant. It is nice environment to work, everybody is willing to collaborate with you to get work done and also, there are a lot of social activities organized amongst the staffs that brings about togetherness.
Good student work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 16, 2017
Worked as a grader and tutor in Engineering Learning Center. Pay wasn't great, but it was a good review of engineering curriculum. Very willing to schedule around other obligations.
Fun active working environment
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 10, 2017
A typical day includes calling on behalf of the university of colorado and asking alumni for money to contribute to the university.
Pros
Easy work and $10.75 per hour
Cons
Shortbreaks, office job.
Exciting environment with many options for learning and advancement
Physician Assistant/Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 10, 2017
It's an exciting environment with many learning options. The teaching hospital setting means that treatments are cutting edge and evidence based. Physicians are dedicated and excellent at what they do. Working with the pediatric population is very rewarding.
Politics rule
Graduate Part-time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 6, 2017
Political games are the norm. No job security.
Job duties and performance are placed above interests of the student(s).
Good workplace
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 4, 2017
Enjoyable place to work, especially for a student. It's very convenient working the same place you go to school because they're flexible and accommodating to your schedule
Great work environment with lots of room to improve yourself
Student Manager/Senior Leadership Team (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 4, 2017
Working at the ice rink at the University of Colorado was one of the best jobs I have had as a young adult. My boss at the time really pushed all employees to improve themselves both personally and professionally. In the 3.5 years that I was employed there I went from just a regular employee that showed up to work and did my duties to student manager with responsibilities including developing policy and procedure for all future employees, event management, ice rink supervision, and managing customer relations.
Pros
Great work environment and room for improvement/growth
Cons
Not full time/no benefits
Orientation Office - Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 2, 2017
Great coworkers and management. Compatible with school schedule (school comes first with boss). Repetitive but new experiences everyday as well. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Secluded and independent work style. Customer service through phone and email. Helping students in the orientation process.
Pros
Coworkers, management, school/work compatibility, work style.
Cons
Repetitive.
Review
Assistant to the IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 29, 2016
A very diverse employment experience, you are constantly learning despite working for the educational. All employees are working and caring for the students. Everyone is friendly and helpful, which is how it should be.
Cons
always on call....
Great option for a current CU student good with math
Math Help Lab Tutor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 28, 2016
Great opportunity for anyone that enjoys helping others and math
Some opportunities to work on homework
Great team atmosphere
Productive and fun co workers
Financial Aid Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 23, 2016
The work and schedule is flexible, the co-workers are fun to work with and the work environment enables you work long period with being bored.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Colorado. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2