University of Colorado Employee Reviews

Great work environment with lots of room to improve yourself
Student Manager/Senior Leadership Team (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 4, 2017
Working at the ice rink at the University of Colorado was one of the best jobs I have had as a young adult. My boss at the time really pushed all employees to improve themselves both personally and professionally. In the 3.5 years that I was employed there I went from just a regular employee that showed up to work and did my duties to student manager with responsibilities including developing policy and procedure for all future employees, event management, ice rink supervision, and managing customer relations.
Pros
Great work environment and room for improvement/growth
Cons
Not full time/no benefits
Student Affairs Poorly Managed
Asst Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 9, 2016
I worked for CU Denver for many years. It was a great place in student affairs until a new vice chancellor came in and brought his own team in that has destroyed the culture. My colleagues and I were either fired or pushed out for no reason. It has created a hire level of stress for current employees, not knowing if they are next. The level of nepotism and cronyism is unbelievable. I loved the mission and taking care of students but the abusive way staff has been treated the past few years is unconscionable for higher education. Do not look for a job in student affairs. HR does not care, higher ups do not care.
Pros
Great students
Cons
Anything related to the management in the Student Affairs Division
Technical University Staff Employee
Laboratory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 27, 2017
Decent hours and work/life balance. Inequity of paid time off between university and classified staff, difficult people in my department to work with, poor communication between faculty and staff when decisions are made, and a lack of opportunities for growth: professional development, advancement, etc...
Convenient job at the Business School
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2017
Working as a teaching assistant required communication and coordination of my schedule with the Professor on a weekly basis. It also required working independently and asking the appropriate questions to grade assignments using a grading rubric. I had to self monitor time management and coordinate pick up and dropping off of assignments with business services. The independence was the most attractive attribute of the job and the only downside was receiving a text to pick up assignments after I made a six block walk to the car.
Pros
Independent work environment
Cons
low pay
Very positive work environment with great community feel
Career Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 29, 2016
A typical day at work would involve many warm greetings from fellow staff. Working with clients to develop career goals and plans to reach those goals.
We had weekly trainings on a variety of career counseling techniques and would be given one on one observation of video recorded sessions of me me practicing the new techniques.

The management was there to help you grow and take on different initiatives you desired.

Co workers developed strong professional relationships and were always availabel to give support to interns.

The hardest part about the job was learning how to work with situations I was unfamiliar with. This was also the most rewarding part of the job as it was in these challenging times I could use the wide variety of resources available to learn and grow as a professional counselor. In these same experiences I would often help the client meet the goals they were struggling to attain.
Pros
great staff, great office environemnt
Most backwards dept ever
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 4, 2016
Cu Police In Aurora has a backwards leadership around, the upper management is run by incompetent vindictive administrators. You will be treated badly and laid off without any real notice. Low pay and terrible benefits. If you work here start looking and go to a real police department not a wanna be police department like CU Police in Aurora.
Pros
Cons
Everthing
Orientation Office - Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 2, 2017
Great coworkers and management. Compatible with school schedule (school comes first with boss). Repetitive but new experiences everyday as well. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Secluded and independent work style. Customer service through phone and email. Helping students in the orientation process.
Pros
Coworkers, management, school/work compatibility, work style.
Cons
Repetitive.
CU Bookstore review
Apparel Buyer (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 13, 2016
The CU Bookstore provided a great work/life balance. It was pretty much a 8:30-5:00 work day. The biggest challenge was there is not a lot of opportunity for career growth.
lots of room for advancement
Service Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 21, 2016
In my time at EDS I was promoted 8 times proving that there was always room to grow. Management helped each employee to get a career path and move up within the company.
Student Employee
Parking Officer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 11, 2017
This job pays well for a student employment opportunity, but the upper management doesn't understand the job. During the time I worked there there were 3 managers whom quite, and the new one that were brought in had no experience. While they tried, they expected things from the department that could not of been delivered by untrained student employees.
Pros
On Campus job
Enjoyable work environment and peers
Assistant Sport Counselor, Football (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 12, 2017
It was a great place to work and the people were great to work with as well. The benefits were outstanding and there was a ot of room to grow if that is what you wanted to do.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
I moved and it was to far and boulder is not affordable to live in.
Progressive, cutting edge health care
Medical Director Burn Unit (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 30, 2016
They work their junior MD's extremely hard and do not offer job security beyond one year. Their salaries are not competitive.
Student Assistant
Student Assistant, Office of International Affairs (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 22, 2016
-Event Planning
-Time and Resource management
-Social media pages for the organization.
-Working with fellow students, volunteers and staff
-coming up with innovative ideas for events
Great institute
Lab Manager & Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 13, 2016
Sophisticated institute with advanced research, technology, and networking. Strong collaborations between departments of the university. Not well compensated for the challenging and long hours of work.
Academic Affairs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 20, 2016
good benefits; good location; variety of jobs; doctors are good to work for; lots of different positions; healthcare opportunities; work for the health of children
Politics rule
Graduate Part-time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 6, 2017
Political games are the norm. No job security.
Job duties and performance are placed above interests of the student(s).
Great
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 7, 2016
Great place to work but hard to get on as full time. I work 8-5 with holidays off. Management is pleasant and my co-workers are friendly.
Neurology
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CO 80045May 9, 2016
UCH is a very great place to work they have good benefits and they do what they can to accommodate if you plan on going back to school. Neurology is the department I work in and I love the people I work with its just management that I have an issue with. There is to too much favoritism that goes in this clinic and I just don't think its fair or right.
Pros
patients
Cons
management
ex employee
ex pmt2 (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 13, 2016
spent 6 years working for the ucd campus started on grounds and worked my way to PMT2 for the HVAC dept most of my duties here were not the type one can do for very long without incident i was treated unfairly by ucd and the state when i had my first accident and dismissed most of the employees at that time felt the same so when i left so did a quite a few of my coworkers
Pros
good people
Cons
bad politics
fun to work here
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 23, 2016
my first internship during my bachelor's and worked hard learned basics and got habituated to work culture good management supervisor is encouraging .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Colorado. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2