University of Colorado Employee Reviews

Great work environment with lots of room to improve yourself
Student Manager/Senior Leadership Team (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 4, 2017
Working at the ice rink at the University of Colorado was one of the best jobs I have had as a young adult. My boss at the time really pushed all employees to improve themselves both personally and professionally. In the 3.5 years that I was employed there I went from just a regular employee that showed up to work and did my duties to student manager with responsibilities including developing policy and procedure for all future employees, event management, ice rink supervision, and managing customer relations.
Pros
Great work environment and room for improvement/growth
Cons
Not full time/no benefits
Great Starting/Landing Place
Academic Support Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 24, 2017
Great benefits but limited opportunity for growth. The management is in disarray and often times does not have clear directives or expectations.
Cons
limited career advancement
Enjoyable work environment and peers
Assistant Sport Counselor, Football (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 12, 2017
It was a great place to work and the people were great to work with as well. The benefits were outstanding and there was a ot of room to grow if that is what you wanted to do.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
I moved and it was to far and boulder is not affordable to live in.
The students and staff are amazing.
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 9, 2017
UCCS is a good place to work. The benefits are great.

The students are kind and thoughtful. The staff come together and work for the greater good with positive energy even though there are very little resources on campus.
Great Place to Work
Project Manager - Research (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 11, 2017
What can I say, Boulder Colorado, the Rocky Mountains and the University of Colorado. Great people, spectacular campus and all of the benefits of a large university.
Pros
Location Location Location
Cons
Parking on campus is limited and expensive.
Most backwards dept ever
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 4, 2016
Cu Police In Aurora has a backwards leadership around, the upper management is run by incompetent vindictive administrators. You will be treated badly and laid off without any real notice. Low pay and terrible benefits. If you work here start looking and go to a real police department not a wanna be police department like CU Police in Aurora.
Pros
Cons
Everthing
Academic Affairs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 20, 2016
good benefits; good location; variety of jobs; doctors are good to work for; lots of different positions; healthcare opportunities; work for the health of children
Technical University Staff Employee
Laboratory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 27, 2017
Decent hours and work/life balance. Inequity of paid time off between university and classified staff, difficult people in my department to work with, poor communication between faculty and staff when decisions are made, and a lack of opportunities for growth: professional development, advancement, etc...
Convenient job at the Business School
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2017
Working as a teaching assistant required communication and coordination of my schedule with the Professor on a weekly basis. It also required working independently and asking the appropriate questions to grade assignments using a grading rubric. I had to self monitor time management and coordinate pick up and dropping off of assignments with business services. The independence was the most attractive attribute of the job and the only downside was receiving a text to pick up assignments after I made a six block walk to the car.
Pros
Independent work environment
Cons
low pay
Student Affairs Poorly Managed
Asst Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 9, 2016
I worked for CU Denver for many years. It was a great place in student affairs until a new vice chancellor came in and brought his own team in that has destroyed the culture. My colleagues and I were either fired or pushed out for no reason. It has created a hire level of stress for current employees, not knowing if they are next. The level of nepotism and cronyism is unbelievable. I loved the mission and taking care of students but the abusive way staff has been treated the past few years is unconscionable for higher education. Do not look for a job in student affairs. HR does not care, higher ups do not care.
Pros
Great students
Cons
Anything related to the management in the Student Affairs Division
Experience
Student-Athlete (Current Employee) –  BoulderMarch 9, 2017
As a student-athlete, I must continuously practice not only my physical skills, but time management, multi-tasking, and above all resiliency. Balancing practice, classes, and student-organizations is challenging; however, learning the value of preparation and planning has helped me overcome many challenges. Competing at the PAC-12 level is physically and mentally demanding, but applying those valuable skills I learned through athletics directly adds value to my academic organization and creativity.
Neurology
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CO 80045May 9, 2016
UCH is a very great place to work they have good benefits and they do what they can to accommodate if you plan on going back to school. Neurology is the department I work in and I love the people I work with its just management that I have an issue with. There is to too much favoritism that goes in this clinic and I just don't think its fair or right.
Pros
patients
Cons
management
Orientation Office - Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 2, 2017
Great coworkers and management. Compatible with school schedule (school comes first with boss). Repetitive but new experiences everyday as well. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Secluded and independent work style. Customer service through phone and email. Helping students in the orientation process.
Pros
Coworkers, management, school/work compatibility, work style.
Cons
Repetitive.
Summary
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 14, 2017
Typical day would be working with students and learned people have different views in life. The time management is important. The work culture was just working with computers and students. The hardest part of job was when I did not understand proper way to deal with things that I did not understand.
Researching for Dept. of Anthropology at UC Denver
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 19, 2017
Everyone is very supportive and all resources needed to complete assignments were provided. The management team are willing and able to teach any new skills the job requires. This is a self schedule employment in which I was able to manage my time and work while attending school. The job allowed me to learn the arts of 3D modeling and online database management enabling me to grow as a creative researcher.
Great university to work at
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 23, 2017
I was surrounded by faculty members who were influential in my career path and provided me with the resources to learn more about geography and to succeed as a student. My coworkers and supervisors were professional and fun to work with. Whenever I had completed my work tasks I was free to do my homework.
Pros
Constant contact with faculty members, good work environment
Cons
Great benefits and advancement opportunities
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 4, 2016
University of Colorado offers great benefits, large organization with room for advancement, great networking opportunity
Tough place to work
Assistant Turf Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 25, 2017
Manage the athletic fields for the University on a daily basis. The culture was difficult due to the pressure on the entire organization to compete nationally. The management was ok but not easily access able.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Management was not in tougch with staff
CU Bookstore review
Apparel Buyer (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 13, 2016
The CU Bookstore provided a great work/life balance. It was pretty much a 8:30-5:00 work day. The biggest challenge was there is not a lot of opportunity for career growth.
Student Employee
Parking Officer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 11, 2017
This job pays well for a student employment opportunity, but the upper management doesn't understand the job. During the time I worked there there were 3 managers whom quite, and the new one that were brought in had no experience. While they tried, they expected things from the department that could not of been delivered by untrained student employees.
Pros
On Campus job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Colorado. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2