University of Colorado Employee Reviews

Experience depends on Employer
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 20, 2017
Your experience depends on your employer and your drive. Even though it's a university system, it's still a business.
Culture, continued education
CU Museum Zoology Collection Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 9, 2017
Of course, working at a University has the perks of allowing more continued education opportunities and networking. The management are lovely people and want the best for their employees
Pros
culture, continued education
Cons
wages, job security, advancement opportunities
Campus, people great. No advancement opportunities
Tradesman (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 8, 2017
Campus is very nice and co-workers are friendly. If your aspirations of advancement then this is not the place for you. They promote the least qualified people based on if they agree with management and not question procedures but have no clue of what they are doing. Yes men will thrive in this environment. Co-workers feelings get hurt extremely easy and that will be documented on your yearly evaluation. Salary's are extremely low compared to outside contractors in the skilled trades but benefits are good. No salary increases due to lack of funding from state. Some co-workers do not contribute to daily work or don't care and that burdens others to carry them without any discipline. The positives are time off, nice scenery, people are friendly. P.S. you have to pay to park, that will cost you $500 to $600 a year (minus that from your already low salary). Three key employees have left over the past 2 years in the skilled trades.
Pros
Nice campus, people great, time off.
Cons
No advancement, low wages, management issues.
Opportunities for growth and professional development
Coordinator of Programs and Services (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 7, 2017
Non-faculty personnel are responsible for own identification and pursuit of professional development. High racial and gender bias across campus, including for students. Very few person's of color / women of color in roles of high responsibility or leadership; minimal respect for the front line / worker-bee staff; high interest in doing more with less at the expense of personnel.
Learnt new things being a teaching assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 4, 2017
Holding office hours and teaching new concepts was a great learning experience for me. It was enjoyable where I got to interact with students and clarify their doubts and also learn new things in the process.
University of Colorado
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 2, 2017
Good place to work with the professor over some research work. I was working with the civil department for creating an application for doing some research.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Tight Schedule
Interesting and great first job opportunity
Community Assistant / Night Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 1, 2017
Every day is very interesting, where you can connect with people, improve social skills and know people from different lives with different experiences.
Pros
Very sociable
Cons
Irregular job hours
fun place to work and study
Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 1, 2017
Scheduling- As a college student they work with me
Pay- Abov average pay if you have the right stuff!
Area- Quiet area with good food options and community
Flexibility
Pros
I enjoyed working here it was wonderful to meet different people and get a chance to view talent
Great Job.
Assistant Head Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 29, 2017
Only able to work this job if you are a student at the University.

I will never have another job that is so great. The management is unmatched and the environment of working wih the players and being apart of the games is amazing!
Learned a lot and was great experience for research
Research Assistant-Internship (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 28, 2017
The culture of the workplace was one that was very friendly where everyone was willing to help you if you needed it. Also everyone I met there was very driven and passionate about a certain topic and it was fun and interesting learning about their projects as I worked on mine.
Pros
Flexible hours, Good food, great people
Cons
Traffic
Nice research institution
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 28, 2017
Great place! Great medical school! Nice location.I have been working for this school for almost 15 years. I feel like it's a home for me. I want to change my career for some special reasons, not because I don't like it anymore.
Excellent place to work
Program Coordinator, Child Psychiatry (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 24, 2017
Depending on department it is hard but rewarding work. Working it the GME Office is one of the highlights in my professional career. Would recommend it to any one.
Awesome STAFF
OIT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 17, 2017
At the University of Colorado, you have the best staff possible. Everyone is well organized and professional in every sense. Rich in many diverse cultures.
Fast paced but fun
team member in the Facilities Department (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 16, 2017
Would manage lawns, take care of equipment, and enjoy the scenic views that Boulder has to offer. Arrive at work 7am daily, work till 1140 and break for a forty minute lunch then get back to work. Each day had a specific job that would be focused on. This was simply because lawns, bushes and landscapes grow quickly.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Low pay
Fun and Easy to Maintain Position With School Work
Boulder, STUDENT ATHLETE TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 15, 2017
I enjoy tutoring for CU boulder. I get to revisit various chemistry courses and work on a schedule that allows for me to work on my own schooling as well.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Hours are often in evenings
Summary
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 14, 2017
Typical day would be working with students and learned people have different views in life. The time management is important. The work culture was just working with computers and students. The hardest part of job was when I did not understand proper way to deal with things that I did not understand.
Teaching assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 12, 2017
A typical day as a TA involving tutoring students and entering grades. I enjoyed tutoring and reviewing the exams for the students. The students love hearing stories from those in the field.
Pros
students
Cons
short term employment
Great Place to Work
Project Manager - Research (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 11, 2017
What can I say, Boulder Colorado, the Rocky Mountains and the University of Colorado. Great people, spectacular campus and all of the benefits of a large university.
Pros
Location Location Location
Cons
Parking on campus is limited and expensive.
The students and staff are amazing.
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 9, 2017
UCCS is a good place to work. The benefits are great.

The students are kind and thoughtful. The staff come together and work for the greater good with positive energy even though there are very little resources on campus.
Experience
Student-Athlete (Current Employee) –  BoulderMarch 9, 2017
As a student-athlete, I must continuously practice not only my physical skills, but time management, multi-tasking, and above all resiliency. Balancing practice, classes, and student-organizations is challenging; however, learning the value of preparation and planning has helped me overcome many challenges. Competing at the PAC-12 level is physically and mentally demanding, but applying those valuable skills I learned through athletics directly adds value to my academic organization and creativity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Colorado. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2