University of Colorado

University of Colorado Employer Reviews

University Setting
Accounting Tech III (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 1, 2014
Pros: consistancy and reliability of what was needed to serve the students
Cons: too many chiefs.
Working with International students was our daily responsibility. Answering phones and answering questions was one of the important responsibilities. Making sure the web site with the available sessions dates was kept current. Training the Student Assistants to answer and take student activity payments at every class break.
The hardest part of the job – more... was having the Embassy sponsored students understand the importance of updating their Embassy online information to keep their scholarship current.
What I enjoyed most about my job was working with multi cultural students walk away from my office satisfied and complete in our interactions. – less
Learning environment
Manager Case/Utilization Management (Current Employee), Aurora, COJuly 24, 2014
Pros: academic medical center
Very busy positive learning environment. I am managing 35 nurses who are all professional and eager to learn. We have new residents that always leads to more learning.
Was a fun opportunity to learn about research at the College
Education Reform Internship - Paid Intern (Former Employee), Boulder, COJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great exmployers
Mostly data analysis and data entry. I learned to be very detail-oriented and meticulous everyday.
Wonderful School
Student Teacher (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 2, 2014
Great school; the "college" scene is absent.
Wonderful community, and beautiful scenery.
A university so ya.
Speech and Debate Captain (Former Employee), Boulder, COJune 19, 2014
Fine University. Classrooms and such are easy to follow and succeed in. Boulder is beautiful and with lots of things to do.
Excellent Overall
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 19, 2014
What I love most about the University of Colorado Anschutz medical campus was that everyone cared so much about the research they did. It inspired me to be the best that I can. I learned many different laboratory techniques and the science behind it. More importantly, I learned how the results related to scientific concepts, which I found highly enjoyable.
Postdoc in Biochemistry
Post-doctoral Research Fellow (Former Employee), Boulder, COMay 18, 2014
It's like grad school all over again... Low pay, long hours, no room for advancement, burnt out scientist. Hopefully you know someone so you can find a job after you're done with five years of Postdoc'ing.
Fun place to work
Ultrasound Technologist Per Diem (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 26, 2014
I appreciate UCH for their teaching style . The people are great and it is a very good place to work for.
Relaxed and flexible job for students
EAP Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Boulder, COMarch 12, 2014
Great place to work while attending school. Schedule is flexible, and relaxed work environment.
Making changes
Drug and Alcohol Counselor CAC II (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 7, 2014
Pros: making a difference
Cons: the challenges the children had to face
a typical day was working with adolescents that already had a few strikes against them in life, our job was to guide them and support the concept that there was light at the end of the dark tunnel they were stuck in
Good benefits, poor pay
Research Associate (Former Employee), Boulder, COFebruary 28, 2014
The benefits are fantastic here but the pay is not great. 5 weeks of vacation, 3 weeks of sick time, health, vision, and dental insurance are all affordable and a 10% match for retirement after one year (5% mandatory for you and CU contributes 10%). 2% pay increases per year is not really even cost of living increases.
A great place that helped me learn more about the student relations.
Office of the President (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 25, 2014
• Kept contact information of past LAEF scholarship recipients
• Assisted in the preparation of the 2009 Gala invitations
• Updated sponsor contact information for the 2009 Gala event
Family like workplace with creative minds
Teachers Assistant / IMAP Assistant / Coordinator (Current Employee), Boulder, COFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: creative workplace
Cons: since i was a student, some students don't see me as an authority figure when in classrooms
I started working at CU as a photo monitor helping check out equipment to other students, I soon moved up the ladder when working with the Integrated Media Art Program coordinator who took me under her wing and gave me more responsibilities. I started working one on one with her and her duties with the faculty and staff along with coordinating student – more... services in the department. After graduating they created a job and title for me to work along side the director again. I loved working with the same faculty who taught me all the skills and classes I now help teach. Its a very comfortable place and I have all these artistic creative minds surrounding me every day. – less
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 14, 2014
University of Colorado is a great place to work. Friendly, helpful people everywhere. Located in a growing metropolis.
Excellent graduate program.
Graduate Student (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 17, 2014
Excellent graduate program in Urban and Regional Planning
Worked as a team and independently
Community Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 7, 2014
With this job, I learned how it is to work with a very diverse team as well as independently. I also learned customer service skills, receptionist skills, paperwork skills, confidential letter skills, and Microsoft Word skills.
Good place for student workers
COMPUTER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Boulder, CONovember 21, 2013
Excellent people to work with and good pay for student workers..
Poor Pay, Advancement Opportunities, and Management
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee), Aurora, CONovember 19, 2013
Pros: some good managers
Cons: some terrible managers, bad pay, bad coworkers
My supervisor was unreliable, dishonest, and manipulative. The work was very demanding, and the pay was horrible. One could only advance if someone left a position at a higher level, which is very demotivating. It facilitates an environment of distrust and competition between coworkers.

There is no additional incentive for having advanced AALAS certification.

The – more... facilities are nice, and the animals are well cared for. PI's and Research Assistants are kind and appreciative. – less
Research Intern
Research Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Aurora, COOctober 15, 2013
Pros: reward of helping others
Cons: low compensation and uncertainty
Large academic institutions operate as a sink or swim environment. It can be difficult to stand out as a researcher. I witnessed some of the struggles with funding and recruitment for studies. The benefit of this work and knowing that the study can make a positive impact on systems in place related to the research. Through research, medical treatments – more... and other interventions can be evaluated for the studied population. – less
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus provides a diverse body of students with opportunities to enhance their careers and research
Research Assistant (Former Employee), AuroraSeptember 23, 2013
Educating more than 14,000 students on our comprehensive campus in downtown Denver and more than 3,000 students in our research and advanced health care programs at the Anschutz Medical Campus, the University of Colorado Denver is one of the nation’s top public urban research universities.

1 2 3 4