University of Colorado Employee Reviews

You do what you have to
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Students are great
Cons: No training
I was a teacher's assistant and it was a fine job. I was going to school at the same time, so that added to the stress and will slightly bias my opinion.

The best part of the job is interacting with the students and helping them learn. I thought my boss was a good leader and made sure we were all keeping up with our work. She was fair to the students and to the TA's.

What I didn't like was the lack of training. They dedicated an entire week to theory-based training that was worthless. By the time it's the day to teach, you'll be stuck trying to figure everything out on your own. Poor students! I feel so bad for them. I hardly knew what I was doing that first semester.
Atmospheric Sciences Research Center
Principal Investigator (Former Employee), Albany, NYJuly 21, 2015
Best atmospheric research in the State of New York. In some areas it is sub par. The future of this institution is questionable providing that state funding will not be continued. Overall the institution is too small to warrant independent existence. It should be merged with the SUNY's Atmospheric Science Dept.
Family oriented. Caring bosses and employees
Student IT Staff (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Caring management. Flexible for students.
Cons: Low pay. Not eligible for anything other than student insurance.
Days vary. Sometimes it's slow. Sometimes it's very busy.
Management cares about their employees.
Flexible work schedule if you're a student employee.
Best part is interacting with different people every year.
good teaching assistant program
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COJuly 15, 2015
Very good engineering school. TA job during the graduate school was good. People who are going to do TA and get a graduate degree, this school is very good.
University of Colorado Springs, College of Education
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Helping students
Cons: Leaving the position when I graduated
A typical day at work was helping students with their program information, answering phones, keeping Americorp records.
What I learned was how to multitask and keep Americorps records straight.
The management is great.
My co-workers were great to work with and we helped each other with projects.
The hardest part of the job was making sure the students in Americorp understood how to fill out time sheets.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping students and the professors.
Great Place to work, great culture
Recreation Center Facility Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Close Location
Cons: Pay
I was able to get the necessary leadership and life skills working for CU. I also worked in a good culture and had a boss that looked out for my professional path.
Study Abroad Advisor Job - best college job
Study Abroad Advisor (Former Employee), Boulder, COJuly 1, 2015
Super fun atmosphere working with other people passionate about studying abroad and spreading the importance of cultural awareness.
Work as a team to accomplish a goal. Unlimited of chocolate candy for everybody, everyday
Emergency Department - Care Team Assistant (Current Employee), Aurora, COJune 30, 2015
Pros: Free food several times a week
Cons: Short breaks, 12.5 hours shitfs
I'm at the Emergency Room at 7am. A person never knows how a day will unfold. There is 70 percent down time and 30 percent adrenaline when we, as a team, are saving a life. There are many joyful moments. A few sorrow filled times as well. There are two sides to every coin. The hardest part of the job is getting a patients identity and salient patient information correct under extreme pressure.
Good College
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 26, 2015
Working as research assistant. The professors are friendly and task oriented. Learning lot of technical skills from the professors.
convenient work space
Senior Design (Former Employee), Boulder, COJune 11, 2015
Pros: manage my own time
Cons: no healthcare
It was very convenient to work at the same place I study. It made fast to go in out of work. I also liked setting my own work schedule that allowed me to still make school a priority.
Employment intended for undergraduate
Chemical stockroom assistant (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 23, 2015
Pros: Clear, simple, direct job
Cons: Very few hours/small salary
The job was very simple once you learned the everything. It had the benefit of providing students with the opportunity to work in the chemistry departmentl. The primary duties included assisting the laboratory coordinator (and certain faculty members) set up/restock labs, synthesize solutions for various chemistry courses, and regulate the stockrooms supplies and chemicals.
It was a job that allow me to manage my time while my girls were small
Standardized Patient (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 15, 2015
Pros: Meet different people who wanted to help their patients when becoming doctors.
Cons: Certain days that I could not be at the Hospital
Portraying different cases and at the same time helping the medical students at the University of Colorado School of Medicine was great. I have learned many things about each portrayal and also given feed back to students to do better when using interpreters or working with Spanish-Speaking patients. Our CAPE group was diverse and fun to work with!
The hardest part of the job was to say "no" to certain times of the year when they needed my help and I could not work, for example in the Summer when I needed to be with my family. It was very enjoyable to act as a patient and also review the future medical students' performances.
chill
Department Administrator (Former Employee), Boulder, COMay 14, 2015
easy going on schedule and it's easy to take time off if you are hourly. dress code is really casual but few benefits. could offer employees more benefits
Great place!
Receptionist (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 24, 2015
Working here was a great experience that taught me a lot about the office and all types of office work. It was a little low paying, but other than that the work was great.
Excellent
Teaching/Research Assistance, Academic Mentor (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 18, 2015
Phenomenal people in every employment position. The teachers are highly knowledgable and often experts in their fields. The staff is unbelievably generous, willing to help each other, foster an academic environment providing the opportunity for excellence and always have the students in mind.
Good working environment
Research Scholar (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 16, 2015
My overall experience with my coworkers and especially with my supervisor was excellent. I enjoyed every bit of my employment time at University of Colorado.
A great place to learn and interact with other fellow students.
TEACHING ASSISTANT at Electronics Design Lab (Current Employee), Boulder, COMarch 4, 2015
Usually the day goes by explaining the concepts to the students and helping them fixing the problem encountered by them when conducting the experiments.

Co-Workers are very helpful and understanding.
Productive and fun place to work
Admin Assitant II (Current Employee), Boulder, C)February 16, 2015
This is a fast paced environment that deals with many issues from many different people of a wide variety of backgrounds.
Excellent Work Environment
Conference Assistant (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: minimal hours
Working on campus at UCCS has not only provided me with a flexible work environment, but has allowed me to work with a team that is understanding and conscientious of my scheduling and academic needs.
free snacks
Arabic and French Instructor (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 10, 2015
Nice team at work , the chair dprt is a wonderful person. I like when we meet for a lunch and share things together, I like also when my chair dprt email me asking how things going and when everyone cares about each other !