University of Colorado Employee Reviews in United States

Great place
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 6, 2016
Good place good people. Great facilities and location to work. Good collaborative environment. One stop shop for basic science and clinical research.
Dreadful Job
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 3, 2016
Do not go to graduate school here. They are a disorganized mess. My typical day was pure stress, trying to balance schooling with the requirements of being a TA. I loved working with students, and all of them are eager to learn. Some labs are disorganized or just flat-out aren't tested.
Pros
The students
Cons
Everything else
Good campany
Lead Pipefiter (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 26, 2016
Work was good and the coworkers were easy to work with. Good job conditions with all the pipe installation tools needed.
Pros
good people
Cons
wish job lasted longer
Work Evaluation
Operations/Curriculum/Program Management (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 24, 2016
The University of Colorado employees about 30,000 people throughout it's many campuses. I have had the opportunity to interact with many of its employees from administration, faculty, colleagues, etc. and have formed many great relationships because of this experience.
Pros
the people
Cons
state job classifications that are nearly impossible to break free of.
Enjoyable
Club Baseball President/Captain (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 23, 2016
Running and coaching the UCCS club baseball team has been an absolute blast. I've enjoyed all of the players I've been so luck to play alongside for the past 2.5 years.
Overall good
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  BoulderMarch 9, 2016
There are lots of opportunities for working in different projects. The school has faculties that are strong in the field of bioengineering.
Fun to see crazy college kids at sporting events.
CU Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 8, 2016
This job was typically on weekends, working basketball, and football games. Typically it would be an all day event between set up and clean up and running the concession stand during the game. Normally you would prepare so much, during the game you either be a runner or a cashier, and afterwards you would help to take everything down.
Kind and supportive
Lecturer, School of Public Affairs (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 5, 2016
In my brief time with the university and with the School of Public Affairs, I'm pleased with the support I've received as an adjunct faculty member. Teaching part time has been a great outlet and I'm very grateful for the opportunity I have had to develop my skills and share my experience with future leaders.
Great Place with amazing academics.
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 4, 2016
Amazing place with lots of good professors and a breathtaking view from each and every corner of University. Very outdoorsy location and friendly too!
Good Benefits
employee (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 25, 2016
The organization is very diverse so there's many departments to work for. Many of the departments are very fake and pompous in nature (even when they provide minimal organization support) which can be difficult to work for.
benefits
Cons
culture

Want to know more about University of Colorado?

Ask a question
Great place to work- with a caveat
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 25, 2016
Supportive environment with great people to work with. My only complaint is the lack of organization as there was difficulty getting things done.
Great place
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 19, 2016
Every department is different. The culture depends on which department you are working in. Lack of work-life balance and flexibility is an issue if you are a working parent. Otherwise, a great place to work.
Great instiution for a student and an employee
English and Writing Tutor and Writing Lab Staff (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 17, 2016
Great institution for students and employees. Beautiful location, wonderful people, challenging graduate academics, personal and involved English department, athletic department invested in ensuring their athletes are students first.
Fun and fit
Exercise Physiology Internship (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 9, 2016
Fun to make workouts for high school students to help them reach their goals. I learned how to incorporate exercise science into everyday workouts.
Pros
gym access
Standard College
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 8, 2016
CU Boulder is as standard university with suitable facilities for those pursing academic research. The campus is pretty but the weather can very suddenly. One needs to be capable of handling the extremes in weather and driving in snow. Housing within the city is rather unsuitable and low quality for the price.
Pros
Nice Gym, very physically active community
Cons
very poor housing options
Nice work culture
Boulder - Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 7, 2016
Nice work culture. Great learning experience. Everyone is so outgoing and friendly. There is never a dull moment. There is ALWAYS work to be done
Friendly and quiet atmosphere to code
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 6, 2016
I work on unit testing in IDL (interactive data language) which is widely use in space sciences. We work on space missions and scientific tools that are necessary for data mining. We learn how to use various tools in an agile environment. We use automated tests using Jenkins and code review through Crucible. Jira is what we use as a ticking system for tasks. The management is friendly to approach for questions or help. The work is on your own but there is a supervisor that can be contacted for assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexible hours that students get. They can schedule their work around their class hours.
Pros
Nice quiet environment with flexible hours
Cons
Work alone in cubicles
Learning Enviroment
Student Grader Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 8, 2016
Since I was a Course Grader of a subject that I had taken in the previous semester, I learnt several approaches that students took to write efficient codes for the same programming assignment. This definitely helped me strengthen my programming logics.
Pros
Fixed hours of work every week
excellent nursing education
Student PNP / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 6, 2015
Student in the pediatric nurse practitioner program. Wonderful program though unorganized at times due to seasons of transition.
Excellent, student friendly environment
Shipping and Receiving Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 19, 2015
Working for the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) Bookstore has been a wonderful experience. Having work and classes so close together helped me manage my time/schedule very wisely.

4.2