University of Colorado

University of Colorado Employer Reviews

State job. Its what you would expect.
Community Safety Official (Former Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: numerous holidays
Cons: poor management
Its hard to rate the University of Colorado as a whole. The particular department I worked under had many issues. The people who caused those issues are widely gone since I have left. Its a State Job. Fairly low expectations for mediocre pay.
Great location and experience
Research Scientist (Former Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 17, 2015
A typical day includes performing a variety of experiments which entails doing surgeries, tissue processing, cell culture, or molecular biology techniques. I learned a great deal of lab techniques that provided a strong foundation for further career advancement. The co-workers were all friendly and approachable. Most of us shared similar backgrounds and goals.
Busy
Supply Coordinator, Operating Room (Current Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 7, 2015
A good overall work environment. The staff is nice and the managers are too. Generally really care about the patients.
Higher Education
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 6, 2015
Higher Education is a great place to work and watch as student grow and accomplish their goals, it is amazing.
Inclusive Environment
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Aurora, CODecember 30, 2014
Great employer! Gained clerical experience and was surrounded by helpful and insightful individuals.
Engineering at CU
Centrifuge Engineer (Current Employee), Boulder, CODecember 24, 2014
Pros: excellent environment and benefits
Cons: not competitive
The work environment at CU is generally very liberal and progressive. However, in my experience, there is not much room for career growth in academia.
An MBA with a "heart"
Student (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 18, 2014
Pros: valuable learning experience
Cons: student loans to pay off
This was a fantastic program! It instills in its graduates the ability to communicate clearly, collaborate fairly, listen carefully to all stake holders and work in the best interest of the overall social good.

The skill and abilities taught throughout the MPA program at UCCS will be of great benefit to the students themselves, and the organizations they will eventually work with. Climate change, political unrest, and changing demographics will all present new challenges in regard to planetary resources, food distribution and social vulnerability. Meaningful solutions to truly global problems will require that we as a society open opportunities for dialogue and cooperation on a large scale; opportunities that allow for the sharing of thoughts, ideas and collaborations not limited by geographical boarders.
The MPA program does an incredible job of teaching its students do do just that. In this program I've learned how to employ the strategic and ethical decision making process that will be necessary to navigate new and potentially scary situations.
Excellent working enviroment
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Boulder, CODecember 12, 2014
People are really friendly and the university makes you feel comfortable. The work of a summer intern is balanced out by great outdoors activites and a excellent campus.
Academia
Professional Research Assistant (Former Employee), Aurora, CODecember 8, 2014
If funding is strong, you get a job and can keep it. When funding fails, you lose your job. That is all.
Great program to work for as a student
Physics Tutor (Former Employee), Boulder, CODecember 8, 2014
I was a physics tutor through the A.S.A.P. program at CU Boulder. The compensation was not very significant, but it was a nice experience to be able to work with younger undergraduate students who were struggling with academics. It was also a nice way to refresh my knowledge to keep everything fresh.
Great workplace with innovative researchers and constant challenges
PROFESSIONAL RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Aurora, CONovember 25, 2014
Pros: flexibility of schedules; every assistant offered room for growth
Cons: uneven and sometimes very demanding schedule
Typical work day:
Discussion of work (routine analysis vs. methods development or experimental design)

Learned several different extraction techniques, HPLC-UV and HPLC-MS/MS Quantum, Ultra and Vantage (Thermo Finnigan) including troubleshooting and some maintenance

Management was responsive and encouraged new ideas and expansive thinking; also very cognizant of the important of work-life balance

Co-workers were from diverse backgrounds, but quickly became a close-knit team

The hardest part of the job was the uneven and sometimes very demanding schedule

The most enjoyable part of the job was expanding my experience and facing new challenges
Amazing School with Amazing Professors
Volunteer (Former Employee), Boulder, CONovember 19, 2014
Ignore the rating for CU as I was merely a student. Regardless, CU was a great place to attend and I hope to work there in the future.
Fast paced and exciting. Meeting people from all ove the world.
Library Technician (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 22, 2014
Pros: people, place, and learning experiences
Cons: no job security - the job ended when i graduated. low paying.
There is nothing better for a degree seeking student then to work in the library, it is the heart of information. Learning how to use the data bases, how to effectively make them mine, put me at the top of my game when it came to being ready for a project. It also gave me the skills to share and train other students how to use the library. Through this I met many people from all over the world, work with them on a personal basis, and in turn learn about their world. And didI I mention it was fast paced?
Great place to work for college students
Community Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COOctober 6, 2014
Being able to do your homework during slow hours while gaining work experience at the same time is the perfect job for any college students.
Research lab that continually generates data
Research Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 9, 2014
As a graduate student, I worked as a research intern in 4 different immunology labs. As an intern, I learned to manage my time, organize my experiments by priority, and present data to critical crowd. This was a self-motivating job; nobody looked over me to make sure I was working and I was free to decide when and how hard I worked. I participated in 4 research projects, in which 2 generated usable data, and 1 generated publishable data. The hardest part was juggling the expectations of my lecture courses, while still producing high-quality data. I loved being able to go at my own pace, as I tend to be a very quick learner and want to move on to the next thing right away!
Job satisfaction varies widely across campus
Instructor/Lecturer (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 25, 2014
Pros: job security for classified staff.
Management and work/life balance can very widely from department to department, job to job.
Best workplace environment to learn and grow your career
QA Intern (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great people
Great place to work. Flexible with your schedule. Supervisors care about your development as an employee.
University Setting
Accounting Tech III (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 1, 2014
Pros: consistancy and reliability of what was needed to serve the students
Cons: too many chiefs.
Working with International students was our daily responsibility. Answering phones and answering questions was one of the important responsibilities. Making sure the web site with the available sessions dates was kept current. Training the Student Assistants to answer and take student activity payments at every class break.
The hardest part of the job was having the Embassy sponsored students understand the importance of updating their Embassy online information to keep their scholarship current.
What I enjoyed most about my job was working with multi cultural students walk away from my office satisfied and complete in our interactions.
Learning environment
Manager Case/Utilization Management (Current Employee), Aurora, COJuly 24, 2014
Pros: academic medical center
Very busy positive learning environment. I am managing 35 nurses who are all professional and eager to learn. We have new residents that always leads to more learning.
Was a fun opportunity to learn about research at the College
Education Reform Internship - Paid Intern (Former Employee), Boulder, COJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great exmployers
Mostly data analysis and data entry. I learned to be very detail-oriented and meticulous everyday.

1 2 3 4