University of Colorado

University of Colorado Employer Reviews

Great place to work for college students
Community Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COOctober 6, 2014
Being able to do your homework during slow hours while gaining work experience at the same time is the perfect job for any college students.
Research lab that continually generates data
Research Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 9, 2014
As a graduate student, I worked as a research intern in 4 different immunology labs. As an intern, I learned to manage my time, organize my experiments by priority, and present data to critical crowd. This was a self-motivating job; nobody looked over me to make sure I was working and I was free to decide when and how hard I worked. I participated in – more... 4 research projects, in which 2 generated usable data, and 1 generated publishable data. The hardest part was juggling the expectations of my lecture courses, while still producing high-quality data. I loved being able to go at my own pace, as I tend to be a very quick learner and want to move on to the next thing right away! – less
Job satisfaction varies widely across campus
Instructor/Lecturer (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 25, 2014
Pros: job security for classified staff.
Management and work/life balance can very widely from department to department, job to job.
Best workplace environment to learn and grow your career
QA Intern (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great people
Great place to work. Flexible with your schedule. Supervisors care about your development as an employee.
University Setting
Accounting Tech III (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 1, 2014
Pros: consistancy and reliability of what was needed to serve the students
Cons: too many chiefs.
Working with International students was our daily responsibility. Answering phones and answering questions was one of the important responsibilities. Making sure the web site with the available sessions dates was kept current. Training the Student Assistants to answer and take student activity payments at every class break.
The hardest part of the job – more... was having the Embassy sponsored students understand the importance of updating their Embassy online information to keep their scholarship current.
What I enjoyed most about my job was working with multi cultural students walk away from my office satisfied and complete in our interactions. – less
Learning environment
Manager Case/Utilization Management (Current Employee), Aurora, COJuly 24, 2014
Pros: academic medical center
Very busy positive learning environment. I am managing 35 nurses who are all professional and eager to learn. We have new residents that always leads to more learning.
Was a fun opportunity to learn about research at the College
Education Reform Internship - Paid Intern (Former Employee), Boulder, COJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great exmployers
Mostly data analysis and data entry. I learned to be very detail-oriented and meticulous everyday.
Wonderful School
Student Teacher (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 2, 2014
Great school; the "college" scene is absent.
Wonderful community, and beautiful scenery.
A university so ya.
Speech and Debate Captain (Former Employee), Boulder, COJune 19, 2014
Fine University. Classrooms and such are easy to follow and succeed in. Boulder is beautiful and with lots of things to do.
Excellent Overall
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 19, 2014
What I love most about the University of Colorado Anschutz medical campus was that everyone cared so much about the research they did. It inspired me to be the best that I can. I learned many different laboratory techniques and the science behind it. More importantly, I learned how the results related to scientific concepts, which I found highly enjoyable.
Postdoc in Biochemistry
Post-doctoral Research Fellow (Former Employee), Boulder, COMay 18, 2014
It's like grad school all over again... Low pay, long hours, no room for advancement, burnt out scientist. Hopefully you know someone so you can find a job after you're done with five years of Postdoc'ing.
Fun place to work
Ultrasound Technologist Per Diem (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 26, 2014
I appreciate UCH for their teaching style . The people are great and it is a very good place to work for.
Relaxed and flexible job for students
EAP Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Boulder, COMarch 12, 2014
Great place to work while attending school. Schedule is flexible, and relaxed work environment.
Making changes
Drug and Alcohol Counselor CAC II (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 7, 2014
Pros: making a difference
Cons: the challenges the children had to face
a typical day was working with adolescents that already had a few strikes against them in life, our job was to guide them and support the concept that there was light at the end of the dark tunnel they were stuck in
Good benefits, poor pay
Research Associate (Former Employee), Boulder, COFebruary 28, 2014
The benefits are fantastic here but the pay is not great. 5 weeks of vacation, 3 weeks of sick time, health, vision, and dental insurance are all affordable and a 10% match for retirement after one year (5% mandatory for you and CU contributes 10%). 2% pay increases per year is not really even cost of living increases.
A great place that helped me learn more about the student relations.
Office of the President (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 25, 2014
• Kept contact information of past LAEF scholarship recipients
• Assisted in the preparation of the 2009 Gala invitations
• Updated sponsor contact information for the 2009 Gala event
Family like workplace with creative minds
Teachers Assistant / IMAP Assistant / Coordinator (Current Employee), Boulder, COFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: creative workplace
Cons: since i was a student, some students don't see me as an authority figure when in classrooms
I started working at CU as a photo monitor helping check out equipment to other students, I soon moved up the ladder when working with the Integrated Media Art Program coordinator who took me under her wing and gave me more responsibilities. I started working one on one with her and her duties with the faculty and staff along with coordinating student – more... services in the department. After graduating they created a job and title for me to work along side the director again. I loved working with the same faculty who taught me all the skills and classes I now help teach. Its a very comfortable place and I have all these artistic creative minds surrounding me every day. – less
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 14, 2014
University of Colorado is a great place to work. Friendly, helpful people everywhere. Located in a growing metropolis.
Excellent graduate program.
Graduate Student (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 17, 2014
Excellent graduate program in Urban and Regional Planning
Worked as a team and independently
Community Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 7, 2014
With this job, I learned how it is to work with a very diverse team as well as independently. I also learned customer service skills, receptionist skills, paperwork skills, confidential letter skills, and Microsoft Word skills.

1 2 3 4