University of Colorado Employee Reviews

Very fun workplace
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 25, 2017
Very fun place to work. Guaranteed shifts. Educational support was phenomenal. Very few weekends and time to do work per MD request. Fulfilling work environment. Great for those willing to learb
Pros
Hours of operation
Cons
Some staffing issues
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 23, 2017
I enjoyed working with students, staff and faculty in and every growing learning environment. It was a good location with a variety in the jobs. Great learning environment!
Finance Accountant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 21, 2017
Have a great team. From management to staff they work hand and hand. Pay could ne better but other than that it's a phenomenal company to work for. Meeting patients and new provider are a plus also.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
I will be lenrn a little more
EVS Housekeeping/evsfloor Tex/Batroom ad/ (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 21, 2017
University Hospital is a great environment to work in and I'm pretty sure and it teaches you a lot and you do get trained and all times pretty sure it's great people to work for and I know they teaches you multitask things to do make beds bathrooms trash it's it's a lot bio everything else it's a lot to
Pros
Cons
Good Brake's
Productive and satisfying work experience
Staff Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 20, 2017
Allows time and funding for educational advancement ,one of the best compensations in the industry.
A typical day at work has you hit the ground running. There is sometimes very little time for breaks until the wee hours of the morning when nursing generally steers you away from patients till later in the AM . Night shift and evening/ weekend shift differentials are very generous and competitive
The department has excellent management that is in touch with day to day operations and is consistent in getting the equipment and supplies needed for the job.
Pros
Kudos for employee appreciation efforts, holiday free meals
Cons
Less time for breaks
College
Student (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 20, 2017
I currently attend University here and I love every day of it. I have made friends and connections with others and I could not see myself at any other college. I am very happy with my choice.
Graduate School
Adjunct Faculty in Theatre (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 19, 2017
I went to Graduate School at UC Boulder and got a first rate education in Theatre Studies. They gave me my first tastes of teaching in the field. I wish they had prepared me better for career development. Then, UC Denver gave me some opportunities to teach. I already filled out a review for UC Denver. Your fields may be screwy.
Great time
Peer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 17, 2017
Met great people trying to obtain their degrees. Very flexible job and decent pay. Pay was based on work-study requirements therefore it might be applicable solely to individuals that receive work-study unless stated as hourly.
Projectionist job is medium paced and easy to manage
Projectionist (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 16, 2017
While working at CU Boulder as a projectionist I was able to work on work from my classes as well as perform all tasks required of the job. It was relatively relaxed, yet still provided a new challenge every day. Overall, great experience
Lots of opportunity for growth
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 15, 2017
Good place to work with various opportunities for advancement and, lots of training, and good communication. Many different departments with opportunities for different levels of education.
Fun place to work
Student Government Association, Associate Justice (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2017
Students are encouraged to be mindful of their peers. The Student Government supports all students on campus by addressing student concerns with administration.
Pros
Opportunities for free merchandise
Cons
No advancement opportunity
Great work expereince
Teacher assistant Introduction to Robotics (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80918June 14, 2017
Love the job, but had to move for schooling needs. Learned skills such as communication, learning, time management and bettering myself into working hard and resiliently.
Wonderful academic institution
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 9, 2017
By far, working at the University of Colorado was the most rewarding and satisfying job that I've ever had in my career. The physicians were great clinicians, researchers and many have become well-respected administrators in their respective fields. It was exciting to read the latest research accomplishments and advancements in the treatment and eradication of certain diseases and conditions.
Pros
Always learning and growing
Great place to work and learn
Computational Chemist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 9, 2017
Great place to work and learn. The benefits packages for students are non-existent, but the experience is very valuable. Great professors, peers and environment.
Morale on the decline
IT Professional (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 7, 2017
Increased scrutiny and expectations coupled with flat funding and disconnected leadership make for declining morale among staff. Still great benefits and generally a positive place to work, but starting pay for many listings do not match cost of living in Boulder.
Very good but needs improvement
Student Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 5, 2017
University of Colorado is a great place to work at as a student, however just like any business their needs to be adjustments. Each year I have worked here there are some positional and systematic changes, which is nice to keep accommodating to students needs but needs a major systematic makeover to stay consistent. They need to readjust the HR system ASAP, it is a mess and sometimes have my finances affected by it which can be stressful. Resident Advisors are treated fairly but on call requires to work desk shifts unpaid which is very hard especially as a student and should not be the case, have been exhausted many times and has affected my school work because of it. Need to work on stricter consequences for student staff who do not follow through with work and students who consistantly violate policy. The lax system puts a lot of weight on staff and can be frustrating when told to uphold policy expectation when their is little to no follow through with consequences. However, overall goals and expectations of the university is amazing, best place I've worked and really to try to help their student staff.
Pros
good culture, cares, emphasizes social issues
Cons
heavy work load, compensation readjustments, inconsistent
Produktiver Arbeitsort
Boulder, Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, Colorado, USJune 2, 2017
Gute Einf├╝hrung in die Lehre.
Nette Arbeitskollegen.
Pros
Der Ort!
Cons
Keine Zusatzleistung
it is a very nice experience to work with students.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 27, 2017
It is a very typical day for a teacher to attend his office hours. I learned a lot from teaching throughout the past years. I am pretty much the boss of myself. I just like to be on time, so my real boss has never said anything to me. We are sort of friends. I do not think there is nothing can be considered to be hard for this job. I did have fun with students, especially when it comes to the way that they do their home works, they basically listen to what did I say, and apply it to the assignments.
Pros
you are on your own.
Co-workers great management not
Employee (Former Employee) –  Parker, COMay 27, 2017
Too many managers in too many meetings to try to make decisions. Need to streamline organizational structure.
Enjoyed co-workers and wish could interact with them more and not be in a "silo"
Pros
Cafe food
Cons
Great opportunity to help kids
Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 25, 2017
I worked with the Pre-Collegite program at UCCS which helped first generation college students who were still in high school, get a head start and get some college credits over the summer. I was fun working with the students from all different high schools and working with the staff on campus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Colorado. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2