University of Colorado Employee Reviews in United States

Great place for graduate school
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 27, 2016
If you are looking for a beautiful place to go to school, you can't do better than University of Colorado, Boulder. The faculty is great, the research is top-notch and the city is beautiful
great opportunity
Assistant Director of Equipment (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 15, 2016
Fantastic place to work with great opportunities and resources provided. You are certainly provided with the tools you need to succeed.
Student Affairs Poorly Managed
Asst Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 9, 2016
I worked for CU Denver for many years. It was a great place in student affairs until a new vice chancellor came in and brought his own team in that has destroyed the culture. My colleagues and I were either fired or pushed out for no reason. It has created a hire level of stress for current employees, not knowing if they are next. The level of nepotism and cronyism is unbelievable. I loved the mission and taking care of students but the abusive way staff has been treated the past few years is unconscionable for higher education. Do not look for a job in student affairs. HR does not care, higher ups do not care.
Pros
Great students
Cons
Anything related to the management in the Student Affairs Division
decent job
Painter (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CO 80309June 24, 2016
Working for the university of colorado was alright I got paid well. The campus is nice to be on. The people are friendly. I was just painting walls. Not to much to say about that.
Great benefits and advancement opportunities
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 4, 2016
University of Colorado offers great benefits, large organization with room for advancement, great networking opportunity
great place
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 12, 2016
Everything is perfect, great challenging job environment and enthusiastic colleagues.good work environment gained good research experience through this job
Physically challenging environment that encourages you to maximize leadership potential
Cadet (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 10, 2016
• Operational Planning for training and leadership development
• Company Cadet Officer in Charge Teach, Advise and Counsel Program
• Lead Evaluator Cadets leadership ability and potential
• Second Lieutenant Candidate May 2016 – Infantry branch detail Finance
Pros
Free Education
Cons
Committed to the military afterwards
Neurology
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CO 80045May 9, 2016
UCH is a very great place to work they have good benefits and they do what they can to accommodate if you plan on going back to school. Neurology is the department I work in and I love the people I work with its just management that I have an issue with. There is to too much favoritism that goes in this clinic and I just don't think its fair or right.
Pros
patients
Cons
management
Great First Job
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 25, 2016
Everyone has to start a career somewhere and this was a great place for me to grow. It was managed by wonderful people and they were excellent 10 stars for work life balance.
Great place
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 6, 2016
Good place good people. Great facilities and location to work. Good collaborative environment. One stop shop for basic science and clinical research.
Dreadful Job
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 3, 2016
Do not go to graduate school here. They are a disorganized mess. My typical day was pure stress, trying to balance schooling with the requirements of being a TA. I loved working with students, and all of them are eager to learn. Some labs are disorganized or just flat-out aren't tested.
Pros
The students
Cons
Everything else
Good campany
Lead Pipefiter (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 26, 2016
Work was good and the coworkers were easy to work with. Good job conditions with all the pipe installation tools needed.
Pros
good people
Cons
wish job lasted longer
Work Evaluation
Operations/Curriculum/Program Management (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 24, 2016
The University of Colorado employees about 30,000 people throughout it's many campuses. I have had the opportunity to interact with many of its employees from administration, faculty, colleagues, etc. and have formed many great relationships because of this experience.
Pros
the people
Cons
state job classifications that are nearly impossible to break free of.
Enjoyable
Club Baseball President/Captain (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 23, 2016
Running and coaching the UCCS club baseball team has been an absolute blast. I've enjoyed all of the players I've been so luck to play alongside for the past 2.5 years.
Overall good
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  BoulderMarch 9, 2016
There are lots of opportunities for working in different projects. The school has faculties that are strong in the field of bioengineering.
Fun to see crazy college kids at sporting events.
CU Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 8, 2016
This job was typically on weekends, working basketball, and football games. Typically it would be an all day event between set up and clean up and running the concession stand during the game. Normally you would prepare so much, during the game you either be a runner or a cashier, and afterwards you would help to take everything down.
Kind and supportive
Lecturer, School of Public Affairs (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 5, 2016
In my brief time with the university and with the School of Public Affairs, I'm pleased with the support I've received as an adjunct faculty member. Teaching part time has been a great outlet and I'm very grateful for the opportunity I have had to develop my skills and share my experience with future leaders.
Great Place with amazing academics.
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 4, 2016
Amazing place with lots of good professors and a breathtaking view from each and every corner of University. Very outdoorsy location and friendly too!
Good Benefits
employee (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 25, 2016
The organization is very diverse so there's many departments to work for. Many of the departments are very fake and pompous in nature (even when they provide minimal organization support) which can be difficult to work for.
benefits
Cons
culture
Great place to work- with a caveat
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 25, 2016
Supportive environment with great people to work with. My only complaint is the lack of organization as there was difficulty getting things done.

4.2