University of Colorado

University of Colorado Employee Reviews

Work as a team to accomplish a goal. Unlimited of chocolate candy for everybody, everyday
Emergency Department - Care Team Assistant (Current Employee), Aurora, COJune 30, 2015
Pros: Free food several times a week
Cons: Short breaks, 12.5 hours shitfs
I'm at the Emergency Room at 7am. A person never knows how a day will unfold. There is 70 percent down time and 30 percent adrenaline when we, as a team, are saving a life. There are many joyful moments. A few sorrow filled times as well. There are two sides to every coin. The hardest part of the job is getting a patients identity and salient patient information correct under extreme pressure.
Good College
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 26, 2015
Working as research assistant. The professors are friendly and task oriented. Learning lot of technical skills from the professors.
convenient work space
Senior Design (Former Employee), Boulder, COJune 11, 2015
Pros: manage my own time
Cons: no healthcare
It was very convenient to work at the same place I study. It made fast to go in out of work. I also liked setting my own work schedule that allowed me to still make school a priority.
Employment intended for undergraduate
Chemical stockroom assistant (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 23, 2015
Pros: Clear, simple, direct job
Cons: Very few hours/small salary
The job was very simple once you learned the everything. It had the benefit of providing students with the opportunity to work in the chemistry departmentl. The primary duties included assisting the laboratory coordinator (and certain faculty members) set up/restock labs, synthesize solutions for various chemistry courses, and regulate the stockrooms supplies and chemicals.
It was a job that allow me to manage my time while my girls were small
Standardized Patient (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 15, 2015
Pros: Meet different people who wanted to help their patients when becoming doctors.
Cons: Certain days that I could not be at the Hospital
Portraying different cases and at the same time helping the medical students at the University of Colorado School of Medicine was great. I have learned many things about each portrayal and also given feed back to students to do better when using interpreters or working with Spanish-Speaking patients. Our CAPE group was diverse and fun to work with!
The hardest part of the job was to say "no" to certain times of the year when they needed my help and I could not work, for example in the Summer when I needed to be with my family. It was very enjoyable to act as a patient and also review the future medical students' performances.
chill
Department Administrator (Former Employee), Boulder, COMay 14, 2015
easy going on schedule and it's easy to take time off if you are hourly. dress code is really casual but few benefits. could offer employees more benefits
Great place!
Receptionist (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 24, 2015
Working here was a great experience that taught me a lot about the office and all types of office work. It was a little low paying, but other than that the work was great.
Excellent
Teaching/Research Assistance, Academic Mentor (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 18, 2015
Phenomenal people in every employment position. The teachers are highly knowledgable and often experts in their fields. The staff is unbelievably generous, willing to help each other, foster an academic environment providing the opportunity for excellence and always have the students in mind.
Good working environment
Research Scholar (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 16, 2015
My overall experience with my coworkers and especially with my supervisor was excellent. I enjoyed every bit of my employment time at University of Colorado.
A great place to learn and interact with other fellow students.
TEACHING ASSISTANT at Electronics Design Lab (Current Employee), Boulder, COMarch 4, 2015
Usually the day goes by explaining the concepts to the students and helping them fixing the problem encountered by them when conducting the experiments.

Co-Workers are very helpful and understanding.
Productive and fun place to work
Admin Assitant II (Current Employee), Boulder, C)February 16, 2015
This is a fast paced environment that deals with many issues from many different people of a wide variety of backgrounds.
Excellent Work Environment
Conference Assistant (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: minimal hours
Working on campus at UCCS has not only provided me with a flexible work environment, but has allowed me to work with a team that is understanding and conscientious of my scheduling and academic needs.
free snacks
Arabic and French Instructor (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 10, 2015
Nice team at work , the chair dprt is a wonderful person. I like when we meet for a lunch and share things together, I like also when my chair dprt email me asking how things going and when everyone cares about each other !
Productive and Fun Workplace
AV Technician (Current Employee), Boulder, COFebruary 9, 2015
It works around a student schedule. Listening to conventions and presentations while manning the audio mixing board.
Beautiful location, Engaged Faculty, Solid School
Instructor (Current Employee), Boulder, COFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: location, students, lively intellectual community
Cons: restrictions on faculty autonomy, undervaluing of instruction
The University of Colorado has many positive aspects and overall provides an enjoyable work atmosphere. In addition to being located in a beautiful Rocky Mountain city with plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities it is adjacent to the capital, Denver, with great dining, music, and cultural events.

The students are lively and engaged when their interest is stimulated and the course material can be seen as relevant and important to them.

The faculty in my department are professional and overall supportive.

In addition to these strengths the university has some issues that are common to higher education in these times: non-tenure track faculty are utilized as necessary for the delivery of quality undergraduate education and in university service capacities, but are undercompensated; academic freedom is threatened by administrative concerns about public and parental perception and restrictive policies; declining faculty autonomy; conflicts about the best way to maintain or improve department and university rankings while also fostering a supportive academic and professional environment that is inclusive and welcoming; and decreases in public financial support of the institution.

Some departments are feeling these restrictions more than others and so asking about and being observant of the issues specific to the department to which one is applying is wise.
Ability to be Innovative
GRADUATE PROGRAMS DIRECTOR (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 19, 2015
Able to excel at the following in under one year:

Inspire and lead team of 5 employees to become more effective, reaching and exceeding sales and
revenue goals by over 25%
o Implement more effective uses of technology, tracking mechanisms and CRM software
o Manage team to effectively implement action plans, follow up on prospective clients, and ensure a high
rate of customer retention
o Create and implement marketing, sales, and strategic plans for Graduate Programs Department
o Negotiate with internal departments for resources and work with Dean’s office to create campus wide
customer relations activities
o Maximize marketing dollars through cultivation of relationships, impactful negotiations, and implement
expansive marketing plan
o Educate team and self on trends in the industry, stay apprised on competitors’ practices, and seek ways
to provide higher quality services and products to clients
o Increased international world ranking from 82 to 40 in under 12 months by creating new relationships
with peer institutions and assuring the highest standard of excellence
State job. Its what you would expect.
Community Safety Official (Former Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: numerous holidays
Cons: poor management
Its hard to rate the University of Colorado as a whole. The particular department I worked under had many issues. The people who caused those issues are widely gone since I have left. Its a State Job. Fairly low expectations for mediocre pay.
Great location and experience
Research Scientist (Former Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 17, 2015
A typical day includes performing a variety of experiments which entails doing surgeries, tissue processing, cell culture, or molecular biology techniques. I learned a great deal of lab techniques that provided a strong foundation for further career advancement. The co-workers were all friendly and approachable. Most of us shared similar backgrounds and goals.
Busy
Supply Coordinator, Operating Room (Current Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 7, 2015
A good overall work environment. The staff is nice and the managers are too. Generally really care about the patients.
Higher Education
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 6, 2015
Higher Education is a great place to work and watch as student grow and accomplish their goals, it is amazing.

1 2 3 4 5