University of Colorado Employee Reviews

Learned a lot and was great experience for research
Research Assistant-Internship (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 28, 2017
The culture of the workplace was one that was very friendly where everyone was willing to help you if you needed it. Also everyone I met there was very driven and passionate about a certain topic and it was fun and interesting learning about their projects as I worked on mine.
Pros
Flexible hours, Good food, great people
Cons
Traffic
Nice research institution
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 28, 2017
Great place! Great medical school! Nice location.I have been working for this school for almost 15 years. I feel like it's a home for me. I want to change my career for some special reasons, not because I don't like it anymore.
Excellent place to work
Program Coordinator, Child Psychiatry (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 24, 2017
Depending on department it is hard but rewarding work. Working it the GME Office is one of the highlights in my professional career. Would recommend it to any one.
Awesome STAFF
OIT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 17, 2017
At the University of Colorado, you have the best staff possible. Everyone is well organized and professional in every sense. Rich in many diverse cultures.
Fast paced but fun
team member in the Facilities Department (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 16, 2017
Would manage lawns, take care of equipment, and enjoy the scenic views that Boulder has to offer. Arrive at work 7am daily, work till 1140 and break for a forty minute lunch then get back to work. Each day had a specific job that would be focused on. This was simply because lawns, bushes and landscapes grow quickly.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Low pay
Fun and Easy to Maintain Position With School Work
Boulder, STUDENT ATHLETE TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 15, 2017
I enjoy tutoring for CU boulder. I get to revisit various chemistry courses and work on a schedule that allows for me to work on my own schooling as well.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Hours are often in evenings
Summary
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 14, 2017
Typical day would be working with students and learned people have different views in life. The time management is important. The work culture was just working with computers and students. The hardest part of job was when I did not understand proper way to deal with things that I did not understand.
Teaching assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 12, 2017
A typical day as a TA involving tutoring students and entering grades. I enjoyed tutoring and reviewing the exams for the students. The students love hearing stories from those in the field.
Pros
students
Cons
short term employment
Great Place to Work
Project Manager - Research (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 11, 2017
What can I say, Boulder Colorado, the Rocky Mountains and the University of Colorado. Great people, spectacular campus and all of the benefits of a large university.
Pros
Location Location Location
Cons
Parking on campus is limited and expensive.
The students and staff are amazing.
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 9, 2017
UCCS is a good place to work. The benefits are great.

The students are kind and thoughtful. The staff come together and work for the greater good with positive energy even though there are very little resources on campus.
Experience
Student-Athlete (Current Employee) –  BoulderMarch 9, 2017
As a student-athlete, I must continuously practice not only my physical skills, but time management, multi-tasking, and above all resiliency. Balancing practice, classes, and student-organizations is challenging; however, learning the value of preparation and planning has helped me overcome many challenges. Competing at the PAC-12 level is physically and mentally demanding, but applying those valuable skills I learned through athletics directly adds value to my academic organization and creativity.
A strong research focus, in a welcoming environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 6, 2017
In a typical day at work I would conduct various chemical and biological procedures with the goal of quantifying iridoid glycoside content via gas chromatography for plant and insect tissue. I love the laboratory environment and how it allows me to satiate my scientific curiosities and explore biological phenomenons.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
poor pay
Educational and Fun
Simulation Patient Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 5, 2017
One of my favorite jobs by far. They are fun, innovative, educational, and diverse. I would highly recommend Center for Advancing Professional Excellence.
Typical teaching assistant position
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 2, 2017
Being a teaching assistant is a very good experience although the pay is not so great. If grading is included, the time commitment is much more than the 20 hours per week that you are compensated for.
Change
Residency Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 2, 2017
Frustrated with the way the culture and the system is at the moment. Many people working here feel the same way. Pay low comparable to similar positions.
Tough place to work
Assistant Turf Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 25, 2017
Manage the athletic fields for the University on a daily basis. The culture was difficult due to the pressure on the entire organization to compete nationally. The management was ok but not easily access able.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Management was not in tougch with staff
Great Starting/Landing Place
Academic Support Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 24, 2017
Great benefits but limited opportunity for growth. The management is in disarray and often times does not have clear directives or expectations.
Cons
limited career advancement
Great university to work at
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 23, 2017
I was surrounded by faculty members who were influential in my career path and provided me with the resources to learn more about geography and to succeed as a student. My coworkers and supervisors were professional and fun to work with. Whenever I had completed my work tasks I was free to do my homework.
Pros
Constant contact with faculty members, good work environment
Researching for Dept. of Anthropology at UC Denver
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 19, 2017
Everyone is very supportive and all resources needed to complete assignments were provided. The management team are willing and able to teach any new skills the job requires. This is a self schedule employment in which I was able to manage my time and work while attending school. The job allowed me to learn the arts of 3D modeling and online database management enabling me to grow as a creative researcher.
Enjoyable work environment and peers
Assistant Sport Counselor, Football (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 12, 2017
It was a great place to work and the people were great to work with as well. The benefits were outstanding and there was a ot of room to grow if that is what you wanted to do.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
I moved and it was to far and boulder is not affordable to live in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Colorado. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2