University of Colorado Employee Reviews

Most backwards dept ever
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 4, 2016
Cu Police In Aurora has a backwards leadership around, the upper management is run by incompetent vindictive administrators. You will be treated badly and laid off without any real notice. Low pay and terrible benefits. If you work here start looking and go to a real police department not a wanna be police department like CU Police in Aurora.
Pros
Cons
Everthing
Academic Affairs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 20, 2016
good benefits; good location; variety of jobs; doctors are good to work for; lots of different positions; healthcare opportunities; work for the health of children
Neurology
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CO 80045May 9, 2016
UCH is a very great place to work they have good benefits and they do what they can to accommodate if you plan on going back to school. Neurology is the department I work in and I love the people I work with its just management that I have an issue with. There is to too much favoritism that goes in this clinic and I just don't think its fair or right.
Pros
patients
Cons
management
Student Affairs Poorly Managed
Asst Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 9, 2016
I worked for CU Denver for many years. It was a great place in student affairs until a new vice chancellor came in and brought his own team in that has destroyed the culture. My colleagues and I were either fired or pushed out for no reason. It has created a hire level of stress for current employees, not knowing if they are next. The level of nepotism and cronyism is unbelievable. I loved the mission and taking care of students but the abusive way staff has been treated the past few years is unconscionable for higher education. Do not look for a job in student affairs. HR does not care, higher ups do not care.
Pros
Great students
Cons
Anything related to the management in the Student Affairs Division
Great benefits and advancement opportunities
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 4, 2016
University of Colorado offers great benefits, large organization with room for advancement, great networking opportunity
Mostly good people, mostly good managers and supervisors
Material Handler II- (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 22, 2016
Great place to work unless you get one bad supervisor. lots of learning opportunities great benefits. over all most management fair and have an understanding of what goes on in the facility. A couple bad supervisors can make or break you there.
Pros
lots of opportunity to learn, stable job decent benefits
Cons
some bad management, not a lot of pay.
Very positive work environment with great community feel
Career Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 29, 2016
A typical day at work would involve many warm greetings from fellow staff. Working with clients to develop career goals and plans to reach those goals.
We had weekly trainings on a variety of career counseling techniques and would be given one on one observation of video recorded sessions of me me practicing the new techniques.

The management was there to help you grow and take on different initiatives you desired.

Co workers developed strong professional relationships and were always availabel to give support to interns.

The hardest part about the job was learning how to work with situations I was unfamiliar with. This was also the most rewarding part of the job as it was in these challenging times I could use the wide variety of resources available to learn and grow as a professional counselor. In these same experiences I would often help the client meet the goals they were struggling to attain.
Pros
great staff, great office environemnt
Good Benefits
employee (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 25, 2016
The organization is very diverse so there's many departments to work for. Many of the departments are very fake and pompous in nature (even when they provide minimal organization support) which can be difficult to work for.
benefits
Cons
culture
CU Bookstore review
Apparel Buyer (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 13, 2016
The CU Bookstore provided a great work/life balance. It was pretty much a 8:30-5:00 work day. The biggest challenge was there is not a lot of opportunity for career growth.
Great learning experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 8, 2016
By far the most professional job that I could ever have. The professors treat you with dignity and respect and have super high expectations of you, which you should also have for yourself and its most definitely gives you a great learning curve. It pushes you to pursue something that you want to do, puts you in connections with great professors and gives you the opportunity to get to know them on a personal level. You get to struggle-bus it with other students who know your pain and struggles and you have the greatest bond with them and since theyre also doing research they're overachievers just like you and its great while you all nerd out about the same things.
Pros
Working at school while being a student
Cons
Working at school while being a student
Good learning inviroment
Nice people
Good professors
Job security is high
Good salary
lots of room for advancement
Service Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 21, 2016
In my time at EDS I was promoted 8 times proving that there was always room to grow. Management helped each employee to get a career path and move up within the company.
Progressive, cutting edge health care
Medical Director Burn Unit (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 30, 2016
They work their junior MD's extremely hard and do not offer job security beyond one year. Their salaries are not competitive.
Great TA position and colleagues but poor continuity
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 25, 2016
This good TA position but it is definitely one of the more rigorous ones available. Large class size and number of assignments complicates the logistics of running the class. To be brief i set up and run multiple labs during the week, interacted with students, held office hours, graded materials, entered grades, and uploaded grades to the school's secure sever.
Pros
Great co-workers flexible hours
Cons
poor continuity between semesters due to old TAs leaving and new ones coming in
Great company to work for
Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 22, 2015
The benefits and pay are all great (except for PTO- the PTO policy is not good as you have one bank for everything- holidays, sick, vacation etc). Other than that, a good place to get in and stay- lots of people transfer around when they get bored or want to move up the ladder.
Pros
great health benefits, salary very good
Cons
PTO policy is not good enough
Work with employees to create a balanced life
Business Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 26, 2015
Mostly casual atmosphere with peaks during the startup of each semester. Benefits are good, work duties and locations can change quickly either by assignment or choice. Chaotic environment, heavy red tape and lots of politics. Great people to work with. Constantly growing organization that is seeking new opportunities to expand profits.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Heavy bureaucratic environment
Poor Leadership
IT Technical Systems Analyst - Lead (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 30, 2016
I worked for 16 years in the Help Desk and was treated like a child the manager micro managed would not allow for advancement and as soon as I went for my Masters she was threatened by my achievements.
ex employee
ex pmt2 (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 13, 2016
spent 6 years working for the ucd campus started on grounds and worked my way to PMT2 for the HVAC dept most of my duties here were not the type one can do for very long without incident i was treated unfairly by ucd and the state when i had my first accident and dismissed most of the employees at that time felt the same so when i left so did a quite a few of my coworkers
Pros
good people
Cons
bad politics
A great place and best peoples
Engineering Aid (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 17, 2016
very friendly and great work-ethic place. all kinds of ethnic group, age, work experienced people working in harmony. great medical and 401k benefits.
Detailed-oriented administrative professional with superb people skills. Highly movtivated to expand knowledge and skills
Transcript Manager, Tech lll (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 24, 2016
The University of Colorado is an exciting place to work and grow, personally and professionally. With it diverse atmosphere, one has the ability to learn and grow.
Pros
Love what I do and people i work with
Cons
As with any job, you have your pros and cons.

4.2