University of Colorado Employee Reviews in United States

Great benefits and advancement opportunities
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 4, 2016
University of Colorado offers great benefits, large organization with room for advancement, great networking opportunity
great place
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 12, 2016
Everything is perfect, great challenging job environment and enthusiastic colleagues.good work environment gained good research experience through this job
Physically challenging environment that encourages you to maximize leadership potential
Cadet (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 10, 2016
• Operational Planning for training and leadership development
• Company Cadet Officer in Charge Teach, Advise and Counsel Program
• Lead Evaluator Cadets leadership ability and potential
• Second Lieutenant Candidate May 2016 – Infantry branch detail Finance
Pros
Free Education
Cons
Committed to the military afterwards
Neurology
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CO 80045May 9, 2016
UCH is a very great place to work they have good benefits and they do what they can to accommodate if you plan on going back to school. Neurology is the department I work in and I love the people I work with its just management that I have an issue with. There is to too much favoritism that goes in this clinic and I just don't think its fair or right.
Pros
patients
Cons
management
Great First Job
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 25, 2016
Everyone has to start a career somewhere and this was a great place for me to grow. It was managed by wonderful people and they were excellent 10 stars for work life balance.
Great place
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 6, 2016
Good place good people. Great facilities and location to work. Good collaborative environment. One stop shop for basic science and clinical research.
Dreadful Job
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 3, 2016
Do not go to graduate school here. They are a disorganized mess. My typical day was pure stress, trying to balance schooling with the requirements of being a TA. I loved working with students, and all of them are eager to learn. Some labs are disorganized or just flat-out aren't tested.
Pros
The students
Cons
Everything else
Good campany
Lead Pipefiter (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 26, 2016
Work was good and the coworkers were easy to work with. Good job conditions with all the pipe installation tools needed.
Pros
good people
Cons
wish job lasted longer
Work Evaluation
Operations/Curriculum/Program Management (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 24, 2016
The University of Colorado employees about 30,000 people throughout it's many campuses. I have had the opportunity to interact with many of its employees from administration, faculty, colleagues, etc. and have formed many great relationships because of this experience.
Pros
the people
Cons
state job classifications that are nearly impossible to break free of.
Enjoyable
Club Baseball President/Captain (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 23, 2016
Running and coaching the UCCS club baseball team has been an absolute blast. I've enjoyed all of the players I've been so luck to play alongside for the past 2.5 years.
Overall good
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  BoulderMarch 9, 2016
There are lots of opportunities for working in different projects. The school has faculties that are strong in the field of bioengineering.
Fun to see crazy college kids at sporting events.
CU Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 8, 2016
This job was typically on weekends, working basketball, and football games. Typically it would be an all day event between set up and clean up and running the concession stand during the game. Normally you would prepare so much, during the game you either be a runner or a cashier, and afterwards you would help to take everything down.
Kind and supportive
Lecturer, School of Public Affairs (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 5, 2016
In my brief time with the university and with the School of Public Affairs, I'm pleased with the support I've received as an adjunct faculty member. Teaching part time has been a great outlet and I'm very grateful for the opportunity I have had to develop my skills and share my experience with future leaders.
Great Place with amazing academics.
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 4, 2016
Amazing place with lots of good professors and a breathtaking view from each and every corner of University. Very outdoorsy location and friendly too!
Good Benefits
employee (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 25, 2016
The organization is very diverse so there's many departments to work for. Many of the departments are very fake and pompous in nature (even when they provide minimal organization support) which can be difficult to work for.
benefits
Cons
culture
Great place to work- with a caveat
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 25, 2016
Supportive environment with great people to work with. My only complaint is the lack of organization as there was difficulty getting things done.
Great place
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 19, 2016
Every department is different. The culture depends on which department you are working in. Lack of work-life balance and flexibility is an issue if you are a working parent. Otherwise, a great place to work.
Great instiution for a student and an employee
English and Writing Tutor and Writing Lab Staff (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 17, 2016
Great institution for students and employees. Beautiful location, wonderful people, challenging graduate academics, personal and involved English department, athletic department invested in ensuring their athletes are students first.
Fun and fit
Exercise Physiology Internship (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 9, 2016
Fun to make workouts for high school students to help them reach their goals. I learned how to incorporate exercise science into everyday workouts.
Pros
gym access
Standard College
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 8, 2016
CU Boulder is as standard university with suitable facilities for those pursing academic research. The campus is pretty but the weather can very suddenly. One needs to be capable of handling the extremes in weather and driving in snow. Housing within the city is rather unsuitable and low quality for the price.
Pros
Nice Gym, very physically active community
Cons
very poor housing options

4.2