University of Colorado Employee Reviews

productive environment that fosters learning
Reisher Peer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 24, 2017
As a member of the financial aid and scholarships office, I learned a lot in the years that I worked in the office. When my supervisor left, shortly after I was able to find a position working with children more, but the office itself was very welcoming and supportive of my learning while I was there.
reviewed on previous page
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2017
already reviewed on previous page. I would and do recommend this employer frequently as they have so many opportunities for advancement and to move about to gain different experiences.
Pros
large employer
Cons
large employer
It was great
Physics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed teaching the classes assigned to me. My schedule allowed me to balance life and work. I was able to continue studying on my own and I was also able to enroll in classes .
Pros
Enjoyed teaching, good benefits
Cons
Parking was not easy
Good job for college student
Set-up Operator (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 21, 2017
This is a good job to make money while also managing a full course load at college. It is a good opportunity to work with a team and build relationships in the CU community,
Research Assistant
Research Assistant to Cesar Nufio, P.hD (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 21, 2017
I received grants to work in laboratories with professors, and was not really an employee of the school as such. Working on research projects can be fun and informative. Great way to meet people and build relationships that may last further along the educational career.
Temp Position
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 18, 2017
University of Colorado Denver school was good for being able to balance a school and work schedule, however, the environment is very poor. They do not value their workers and are unwilling to pay people what they deserve.
Information Technology Professional 2. (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 17, 2017
Great place to work when management is working as a team to better the future of the 4 campus systems. The University has always been a cutting edge environment in the IT field.
Pros
great team work in the individual department
Cons
management can be disconnected from the employees doing the work
Productive and Inviting
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Public Speaking TutorMay 16, 2017
They taught me a lot of necessary skills in order to strive for higher level positions. I learned many communication and leadership skills that are necessary for professional work life.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
no benefits
great
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 14, 2017
fantastic location, gorgeous campus, great people. the applied math department does a great job with course development and truly teaching the material
Great place to work as a student
Audio Engineer and Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 14, 2017
I worked for the University of Colorado at Boulder for three years as a student and loved it. My boss was very kind and helpful, he also taught classes that illuminated parts of the job.
Diverse, sometimes really fun
Student Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 14, 2017
I worked for the dining on the main campus, it was extremely fast paced and the pay was very low at the beginning, but it's most of the time a fun play to work at and meet people from almost all over.
Pros
free lunches
Good experience
History Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 12, 2017
A good way to get involved on campus and to also gain experience for your future career. Staff was helpful and the kids were motivated. A great experience overall.
Great Place to Work
UMC Reception Desk Manager & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 10, 2017
I really enjoyed working there. Workplace culture was nice. There was good communication and teamwork. Mutual support between departments. Got to meet so many different people.
Peer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 10, 2017
Everyone in this office is very kind, caring, and open. Everyone is very well versed in financial aid and treat customers with the upmost care and respect with handling their information.
The other employees are great.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 9, 2017
The hospital is a good place to work the negative reviews just come from the department I worked in. Our manager was her way or the highway. I did love the comradery between the nurses and all other staff. Overall I would work there again but on another floor. The benefits are good and they also give you a pension which is very nice.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
you work rotating shifts. No straight days.
Multicultural heaven on earth!
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 9, 2017
I loved working with people from all around the world and learning about cultures, food and hospitality! We always had fun events to plan and lovely people to get to know.
Pros
Free housing
Cons
24/7 job.
Great place for involvement in cutting-edge research
Post-doctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 8, 2017
I spent many years at CU Boulder as a graduate student and post-doc. In general, I loved the working experience. The research was exciting and although research can be repetitive, it was never boring.
Pros
Stimulating environment and beautiful location
Great co-workers and good acute care/ rehab experience
Full-time Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 24, 2017
It was a great learning experience and was able to expand my skill set. I also enjoyed my co-workers and working in a learning environment. There were also plenty of learning opportunities.
Experience depends on Employer
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 20, 2017
Your experience depends on your employer and your drive. Even though it's a university system, it's still a business.
Universidade de Ponta
Engenheiro Desenvolvedor (Former Employee) –  Colorado, Boulder Estados UnidosApril 12, 2017
Desafio constante trabalhar em outro país, com outra língua, liderando pessoas de vários países em prol do desenvolvimento tecnológico para a Shell.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Colorado. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2