University of Colorado Employee Reviews

Great TA position and colleagues but poor continuity
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 25, 2016
This good TA position but it is definitely one of the more rigorous ones available. Large class size and number of assignments complicates the logistics of running the class. To be brief i set up and run multiple labs during the week, interacted with students, held office hours, graded materials, entered grades, and uploaded grades to the school's secure sever.
Pros
Great co-workers flexible hours
Cons
poor continuity between semesters due to old TAs leaving and new ones coming in
Great learning experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 8, 2016
By far the most professional job that I could ever have. The professors treat you with dignity and respect and have super high expectations of you, which you should also have for yourself and its most definitely gives you a great learning curve. It pushes you to pursue something that you want to do, puts you in connections with great professors and gives you the opportunity to get to know them on a personal level. You get to struggle-bus it with other students who know your pain and struggles and you have the greatest bond with them and since theyre also doing research they're overachievers just like you and its great while you all nerd out about the same things.
Pros
Working at school while being a student
Cons
Working at school while being a student
Work in call center with patient or provider interactions
Patient Access Rep Cancer Pavilion (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 18, 2016
Work in the Cancer Pavilion scheduling patients for MRI, CT, labs or doctor appointments. Request records as needed including pathology samples. Enter referrals and work with our authorization departments to request authorization as needed.
Pros
constantly busy
Cons
Little time for a bathroom break
Business School at UCD serves best with respect to Masters in Information Systems
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 16, 2016
Business School of UCD has specializations for the MSIS program and being into Business Intelligence specialization it offered me great experience in terms of knowledge, handson experinece on various BI tools which are in demand.
Pros
Education with respect to multimedia (online classes)
Great place to work if you want to make a difference in student's lives.
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 29, 2016
The best part of working at CU Boulder is watching student transform from frightened freshman to graduating seniors and graduate students. Lives are being impacted in positive ways that will make a difference in their future. Being part of that is a special position.
Most backwards dept ever
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 4, 2016
Cu Police In Aurora has a backwards leadership around, the upper management is run by incompetent vindictive administrators. You will be treated badly and laid off without any real notice. Low pay and terrible benefits. If you work here start looking and go to a real police department not a wanna be police department like CU Police in Aurora.
Pros
Cons
Everthing
Detailed-oriented administrative professional with superb people skills. Highly movtivated to expand knowledge and skills
Transcript Manager, Tech lll (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 24, 2016
The University of Colorado is an exciting place to work and grow, personally and professionally. With it diverse atmosphere, one has the ability to learn and grow.
Pros
Love what I do and people i work with
Cons
As with any job, you have your pros and cons.
ex employee
ex pmt2 (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 13, 2016
spent 6 years working for the ucd campus started on grounds and worked my way to PMT2 for the HVAC dept most of my duties here were not the type one can do for very long without incident i was treated unfairly by ucd and the state when i had my first accident and dismissed most of the employees at that time felt the same so when i left so did a quite a few of my coworkers
Pros
good people
Cons
bad politics
Student Affairs Poorly Managed
Asst Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 9, 2016
I worked for CU Denver for many years. It was a great place in student affairs until a new vice chancellor came in and brought his own team in that has destroyed the culture. My colleagues and I were either fired or pushed out for no reason. It has created a hire level of stress for current employees, not knowing if they are next. The level of nepotism and cronyism is unbelievable. I loved the mission and taking care of students but the abusive way staff has been treated the past few years is unconscionable for higher education. Do not look for a job in student affairs. HR does not care, higher ups do not care.
Pros
Great students
Cons
Anything related to the management in the Student Affairs Division
Great People. Best pay on campus for students.
Team Lead - IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 28, 2016
Great place to work in almost all departments. CU takes many precautions when paying students and faculty. Most of the people that work on campus has been there a long time so it has to be somewhat good.
Pros
Free training lunch. Awesome people. Happy customers.
Cons
Can only work 25hrs a week during school semester.
Excellent experience for dental students
Dental student (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 25, 2016
The school gave me the opportunity of becoming a ISP student in 2014. During two years' stay in Aurora, I have all the support from my faculty members, classmates and staff members, which make me a knowledgeable and well prepared dental graduate for the U.S. market.
The work load there was similar to that of other universities
Graduate student instructor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 1, 2016
I was a graduate student teacher for six year at the University of Colorado at Boulder so I had to either be a course instructor or a teaching assistant while also working on my Ph.D. in Mathematics.
Excellent environment for academic research and exploration
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 19, 2016
Amazing place to work as an undergrad researcher. Flexible hours, great staff, and quality support all around. Hardest part is getting to my building and not paying an arm and a leg for parking.
fun
Facility support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 9, 2016
somewhat an ok place to work as a student worker, they are really flexible with student worker, i will recommend it to any student worker. but not great for a full time employee because of less pay but great benefit.
Pros
not too bad
Cons
a bit discriminatry
Great people to work with.
Assisted the Assistant Athletic Director (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 17, 2016
My job was enjoyable and it was made all the better by my great coworkers and a great boss. The location is amazing. Out of the colleges I have looked at the campus was the best out of them.
Poor Leadership
IT Technical Systems Analyst - Lead (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 30, 2016
I worked for 16 years in the Help Desk and was treated like a child the manager micro managed would not allow for advancement and as soon as I went for my Masters she was threatened by my achievements.
Physically challenging environment that encourages you to maximize leadership potential
Cadet (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 10, 2016
• Operational Planning for training and leadership development
• Company Cadet Officer in Charge Teach, Advise and Counsel Program
• Lead Evaluator Cadets leadership ability and potential
• Second Lieutenant Candidate May 2016 – Infantry branch detail Finance
Pros
Free Education
Cons
Committed to the military afterwards
Productive and fun workplace at the ticket booth.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 27, 2016
I learned to deal with daily challenges such as working with frustrated people at the ticket booth. Some fans were intoxicated and I learned to deal with those problems that I faced. My job was to give tickets for will call and also sell tickets for football games during the school year.
Pros
Free lunches, fun people.
Cons
Quite a good place to work at
Software Developer and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 17, 2016
The professor is so nice and we work together very well. In addition, the department provides enought positions for students if you wanna do apprentice.
Likes to play the blame game
Enrollment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 10, 2016
No one takes responsibility there. Instead of finding solutions to the MANY logistic and processing problems, everyone points the finger at someone else. The schools and colleges have too much influence in the leadership, and there's no consistent way of processing anything there.
Pros
A lot of time off
Cons
Don't expect to achieve what they hire you to do there. Red tape.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Colorado. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2