University of Colorado Employee Reviews

A very rewarding company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 24, 2017
I love this company and I'm only seeking a part-time job because I missed working with the special need population.So i hope that I will be able to find a company that will work with my current schedule at CU.
Pros
nice income with great benefits
I enjoyed working here
Research & Instruction Librarian (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 22, 2017
I enjoyed working for the Univ of CO. I felt that the university supported my effort in my job and provided solid benefits. I would work here again. Thanks.
Graduate Seminar (SOCY 7034) (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 18, 2017
This was not really a job, it was merely experience in the field that would not fit anywhere else on the application as it was relevant experience. This is merely just my participation and completion of a graduate level class.
great place to live
Visiting Professor (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 15, 2017
We live in Boulder, and it is a fantastic city to live. Excellent weather, lots of outdoor things to do. The University has very good benefits. recommended.
Great group of Physics Teaching Assistants
Physics Laboratory Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 7, 2017
The Physics Department made sure to prepare its TAs for their teaching responsibilities. Weekly meetings and support from two professors helped to build confidence and provided support for the TAs. The wage was low for Boulder, but that is not necessarily the fault of the Physics Department itself.
Different Every Day
Conference/Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 6, 2017
Working for the conference office was often high paced while meeting many people from all over the country. Ability to multitask is important, and of course the Boulder campus was a beautiful setting to host special events.
Good working experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 6, 2017
The students who you assist are rude most of the time but the job is cool. The management is strict but the environment is mellow and you can do your own thing a lot of the time
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
Work at the front desk
Community Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 4, 2017
You never know what hours you are going to get. You could get 30 one week then 12 the next. It is very difficult to pay for living expenses in Boulder on 9.31 an hour, especially when you don't have a guarantee that you'll get the hours you request. The work is relaxing though. Typical reception work.
Pros
Works well with school schedules
Cons
RAs take all of the good shifts
Interactive place
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 1, 2017
My work day starts with checking the canvas account and keep the students updated with their course curriculum and help them set up their tasks every week, I learned the most important thing to communicate with C level people.
Nice place to stay
Research associate (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 31, 2017
overall, UCB is a wonderful place for life and work. I like to stay here if I can find a permanent job here. Here, you can find almost all you want: university city, safe, clean, wonderful outdoor and indoor activities, and nice neighbor schools for kids.

Want to know more about University of Colorado?

Ask a question
Lab Advisor (Student Assistant II) (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 30, 2017
Fun to work on campus. As a customer service person, I enjoyed working as a Lab advisor. I teach Electronics I to BS students which help me brush up some basics too.
Great opportunity
Extern (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 24, 2017
This is a place that has provided me with a place to use my skills while challenging me to become a better professional and person. I appreciate the people I work with and the culture of the workplace.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Production Assistant / Equipment Tech (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 20, 2017
Got to mess around with a bunch of equipment or events or productions. Learned A LOT. Got to also manage equipment and learn how to properly take care of said equipment.
Pros
Learned Alot
Great coworkers
Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 19, 2017
As an LA, I made many connections with the professors I worked with. It gives a great chance to help introduce the idea of teaching and public speaking as well.
Learning Assistant
Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 17, 2017
I had a great experience working as an LA for the English department. The professor I worked alongside allowed great flexibility and did not micromanage creative projects that helped benefit online students' education.
School
Student (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 14, 2017
Excellent school with amazing teachers. Would go back in a heartbeat if I could. Learn more than you could ever imagine and then some. Would recommend to anybody.
Productive, exciting
Defensive Coordinator/Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 13, 2017
I enjoyed the culture and environment at the University of Colorado, it was a place that created and environment of growth and opportunity. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I interacted with daily.
Good experience
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 12, 2017
It was a good experience during my university time. I have been the teacher assistant for one year, and in this year, I did lots of grader work to grade the assignments, which helps me learn more about the procedure of the study, and teach me how to finish the assignment in the right way
Overall a good place to work.
Professional Research Assistant, Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 10, 2017
The University of Colorado overall is a great place to work. The staff and faculty are always a pleasure to work with. The research work environment is very relaxed and laid back. However, many positions are grant funded. This doesn't allow for security in regards to long term employment. Also, compensation is not as competitive as other organizations and could be improved to adjust for the increase in the cost of living in the Denver metro area.
Pros
Generous amount of vacation and sick time, flexibility, great retirement plan, and good benefits.
Cons
Compensation could be better and more competitive, project grant funded - no job security for long term
Who is in charge?
UCCS Auxiliary Grounds (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 10, 2017
There was always work to do when I came in, but something new would come up out of nowhere and it was possible we would have to stop due to some unknown reason with another person in charge. At one point my supervisor moved to another job, and left myself and my co-workers without any sort of supervisor and no guiding information on how to proceed.