University of Colorado Employee Reviews in United States

Good Benefits
employee (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 25, 2016
The organization is very diverse so there's many departments to work for. Many of the departments are very fake and pompous in nature (even when they provide minimal organization support) which can be difficult to work for.
benefits
Cons
culture
Work with employees to create a balanced life
Business Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 26, 2015
Mostly casual atmosphere with peaks during the startup of each semester. Benefits are good, work duties and locations can change quickly either by assignment or choice. Chaotic environment, heavy red tape and lots of politics. Great people to work with. Constantly growing organization that is seeking new opportunities to expand profits.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Heavy bureaucratic environment
Student Affairs Poorly Managed
Asst Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 9, 2016
I worked for CU Denver for many years. It was a great place in student affairs until a new vice chancellor came in and brought his own team in that has destroyed the culture. My colleagues and I were either fired or pushed out for no reason. It has created a hire level of stress for current employees, not knowing if they are next. The level of nepotism and cronyism is unbelievable. I loved the mission and taking care of students but the abusive way staff has been treated the past few years is unconscionable for higher education. Do not look for a job in student affairs. HR does not care, higher ups do not care.
Pros
Great students
Cons
Anything related to the management in the Student Affairs Division
Friendly and quiet atmosphere to code
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 6, 2016
I work on unit testing in IDL (interactive data language) which is widely use in space sciences. We work on space missions and scientific tools that are necessary for data mining. We learn how to use various tools in an agile environment. We use automated tests using Jenkins and code review through Crucible. Jira is what we use as a ticking system for tasks. The management is friendly to approach for questions or help. The work is on your own but there is a supervisor that can be contacted for assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexible hours that students get. They can schedule their work around their class hours.
Pros
Nice quiet environment with flexible hours
Cons
Work alone in cubicles
Great Place to Work
Administrative Professional (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 4, 2015
Pros:
Co-workers are friendly and team oriented.
Great pay
Professional development is encouraged
Beautiful campus
Benefits are awesome

Cons:
Lots of work with no backup plan and distributed to the team frequently.
Hard to take off time from work.
Physically challenging environment that encourages you to maximize leadership potential
Cadet (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 10, 2016
• Operational Planning for training and leadership development
• Company Cadet Officer in Charge Teach, Advise and Counsel Program
• Lead Evaluator Cadets leadership ability and potential
• Second Lieutenant Candidate May 2016 – Infantry branch detail Finance
Pros
Free Education
Cons
Committed to the military afterwards
Great place
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 19, 2016
Every department is different. The culture depends on which department you are working in. Lack of work-life balance and flexibility is an issue if you are a working parent. Otherwise, a great place to work.
Neurology
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CO 80045May 9, 2016
UCH is a very great place to work they have good benefits and they do what they can to accommodate if you plan on going back to school. Neurology is the department I work in and I love the people I work with its just management that I have an issue with. There is to too much favoritism that goes in this clinic and I just don't think its fair or right.
Pros
patients
Cons
management
place lives in your home.
electronic specialist (Former Employee) –  facmanNovember 17, 2015
Worst place ever worked, they say work life balance, but only say that. Very intrusive into the way you live. Want in your house your bedroom and into your family life. They are very good at advancing the inept, and very much mid management heavy. Supervisors cant be trusted.
Pros
dont have to work
Cons
lots of angery people.
Employment intended for undergraduate
Chemical stockroom assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 23, 2015
The job was very simple once you learned the everything. It had the benefit of providing students with the opportunity to work in the chemistry departmentl. The primary duties included assisting the laboratory coordinator (and certain faculty members) set up/restock labs, synthesize solutions for various chemistry courses, and regulate the stockrooms supplies and chemicals.
Pros
Clear, simple, direct job
Cons
Very few hours/small salary
Work Evaluation
Operations/Curriculum/Program Management (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 24, 2016
The University of Colorado employees about 30,000 people throughout it's many campuses. I have had the opportunity to interact with many of its employees from administration, faculty, colleagues, etc. and have formed many great relationships because of this experience.
Pros
the people
Cons
state job classifications that are nearly impossible to break free of.
Fun to see crazy college kids at sporting events.
CU Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 8, 2016
This job was typically on weekends, working basketball, and football games. Typically it would be an all day event between set up and clean up and running the concession stand during the game. Normally you would prepare so much, during the game you either be a runner or a cashier, and afterwards you would help to take everything down.
Dreadful Job
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 3, 2016
Do not go to graduate school here. They are a disorganized mess. My typical day was pure stress, trying to balance schooling with the requirements of being a TA. I loved working with students, and all of them are eager to learn. Some labs are disorganized or just flat-out aren't tested.
Pros
The students
Cons
Everything else
Kind and supportive
Lecturer, School of Public Affairs (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 5, 2016
In my brief time with the university and with the School of Public Affairs, I'm pleased with the support I've received as an adjunct faculty member. Teaching part time has been a great outlet and I'm very grateful for the opportunity I have had to develop my skills and share my experience with future leaders.
Standard College
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 8, 2016
CU Boulder is as standard university with suitable facilities for those pursing academic research. The campus is pretty but the weather can very suddenly. One needs to be capable of handling the extremes in weather and driving in snow. Housing within the city is rather unsuitable and low quality for the price.
Pros
Nice Gym, very physically active community
Cons
very poor housing options
great opportunity
Assistant Director of Equipment (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 15, 2016
Fantastic place to work with great opportunities and resources provided. You are certainly provided with the tools you need to succeed.
decent job
Painter (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CO 80309June 24, 2016
Working for the university of colorado was alright I got paid well. The campus is nice to be on. The people are friendly. I was just painting walls. Not to much to say about that.
Dining and food services
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 5, 2015
DFS is interesting The Sous Chef is amazing but is overloaded by the idiot Executive Chef who does jack. The food is Meh and the manager at the lodge is garbage. The student workers are great and love working with them but it makes me angry to see them mistreated by the lodge manager. there is little to no communication even though they whine about it all the time. The only three managers I respect are the Sous Chef, The Director(usually) and the Residential Dining manager at Roaring fork (Dining center).
Great benefits and advancement opportunities
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 4, 2016
University of Colorado offers great benefits, large organization with room for advancement, great networking opportunity
great place
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 12, 2016
Everything is perfect, great challenging job environment and enthusiastic colleagues.good work environment gained good research experience through this job

4.2