University of Colorado

University of Colorado Employer Reviews

An MBA with a "heart"
Student (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 18, 2014
Pros: valuable learning experience
Cons: student loans to pay off
This was a fantastic program! It instills in its graduates the ability to communicate clearly, collaborate fairly, listen carefully to all stake holders and work in the best interest of the overall social good.

The skill and abilities taught throughout the MPA program at UCCS will be of great benefit to the students themselves, and the organizations – more... they will eventually work with. Climate change, political unrest, and changing demographics will all present new challenges in regard to planetary resources, food distribution and social vulnerability. Meaningful solutions to truly global problems will require that we as a society open opportunities for dialogue and cooperation on a large scale; opportunities that allow for the sharing of thoughts, ideas and collaborations not limited by geographical boarders.
The MPA program does an incredible job of teaching its students do do just that. In this program I've learned how to employ the strategic and ethical decision making process that will be necessary to navigate new and potentially scary situations. – less
Excellent working enviroment
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Boulder, CODecember 12, 2014
People are really friendly and the university makes you feel comfortable. The work of a summer intern is balanced out by great outdoors activites and a excellent campus.
Academia
Professional Research Assistant (Former Employee), Aurora, CODecember 8, 2014
If funding is strong, you get a job and can keep it. When funding fails, you lose your job. That is all.
Great program to work for as a student
Physics Tutor (Former Employee), Boulder, CODecember 8, 2014
I was a physics tutor through the A.S.A.P. program at CU Boulder. The compensation was not very significant, but it was a nice experience to be able to work with younger undergraduate students who were struggling with academics. It was also a nice way to refresh my knowledge to keep everything fresh.
Great workplace with innovative researchers and constant challenges
PROFESSIONAL RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Aurora, CONovember 25, 2014
Pros: flexibility of schedules; every assistant offered room for growth
Cons: uneven and sometimes very demanding schedule
Typical work day:
Discussion of work (routine analysis vs. methods development or experimental design)

Learned several different extraction techniques, HPLC-UV and HPLC-MS/MS Quantum, Ultra and Vantage (Thermo Finnigan) including troubleshooting and some maintenance

Management was responsive and encouraged new ideas and expansive thinking; also very – more... cognizant of the important of work-life balance

Co-workers were from diverse backgrounds, but quickly became a close-knit team

The hardest part of the job was the uneven and sometimes very demanding schedule

The most enjoyable part of the job was expanding my experience and facing new challenges – less
Amazing School with Amazing Professors
Volunteer (Former Employee), Boulder, CONovember 19, 2014
Ignore the rating for CU as I was merely a student. Regardless, CU was a great place to attend and I hope to work there in the future.
Fast paced and exciting. Meeting people from all ove the world.
Library Technician (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 22, 2014
Pros: people, place, and learning experiences
Cons: no job security - the job ended when i graduated. low paying.
There is nothing better for a degree seeking student then to work in the library, it is the heart of information. Learning how to use the data bases, how to effectively make them mine, put me at the top of my game when it came to being ready for a project. It also gave me the skills to share and train other students how to use the library. Through this – more... I met many people from all over the world, work with them on a personal basis, and in turn learn about their world. And didI I mention it was fast paced? – less
Great place to work for college students
Community Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COOctober 6, 2014
Being able to do your homework during slow hours while gaining work experience at the same time is the perfect job for any college students.
Research lab that continually generates data
Research Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 9, 2014
As a graduate student, I worked as a research intern in 4 different immunology labs. As an intern, I learned to manage my time, organize my experiments by priority, and present data to critical crowd. This was a self-motivating job; nobody looked over me to make sure I was working and I was free to decide when and how hard I worked. I participated in – more... 4 research projects, in which 2 generated usable data, and 1 generated publishable data. The hardest part was juggling the expectations of my lecture courses, while still producing high-quality data. I loved being able to go at my own pace, as I tend to be a very quick learner and want to move on to the next thing right away! – less
Job satisfaction varies widely across campus
Instructor/Lecturer (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 25, 2014
Pros: job security for classified staff.
Management and work/life balance can very widely from department to department, job to job.
Best workplace environment to learn and grow your career
QA Intern (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great people
Great place to work. Flexible with your schedule. Supervisors care about your development as an employee.
University Setting
Accounting Tech III (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 1, 2014
Pros: consistancy and reliability of what was needed to serve the students
Cons: too many chiefs.
Working with International students was our daily responsibility. Answering phones and answering questions was one of the important responsibilities. Making sure the web site with the available sessions dates was kept current. Training the Student Assistants to answer and take student activity payments at every class break.
The hardest part of the job – more... was having the Embassy sponsored students understand the importance of updating their Embassy online information to keep their scholarship current.
What I enjoyed most about my job was working with multi cultural students walk away from my office satisfied and complete in our interactions. – less
Learning environment
Manager Case/Utilization Management (Current Employee), Aurora, COJuly 24, 2014
Pros: academic medical center
Very busy positive learning environment. I am managing 35 nurses who are all professional and eager to learn. We have new residents that always leads to more learning.
Was a fun opportunity to learn about research at the College
Education Reform Internship - Paid Intern (Former Employee), Boulder, COJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great exmployers
Mostly data analysis and data entry. I learned to be very detail-oriented and meticulous everyday.
Wonderful School
Student Teacher (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 2, 2014
Great school; the "college" scene is absent.
Wonderful community, and beautiful scenery.
A university so ya.
Speech and Debate Captain (Former Employee), Boulder, COJune 19, 2014
Fine University. Classrooms and such are easy to follow and succeed in. Boulder is beautiful and with lots of things to do.
Excellent Overall
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 19, 2014
What I love most about the University of Colorado Anschutz medical campus was that everyone cared so much about the research they did. It inspired me to be the best that I can. I learned many different laboratory techniques and the science behind it. More importantly, I learned how the results related to scientific concepts, which I found highly enjoyable.
Postdoc in Biochemistry
Post-doctoral Research Fellow (Former Employee), Boulder, COMay 18, 2014
It's like grad school all over again... Low pay, long hours, no room for advancement, burnt out scientist. Hopefully you know someone so you can find a job after you're done with five years of Postdoc'ing.
Fun place to work
Ultrasound Technologist Per Diem (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 26, 2014
I appreciate UCH for their teaching style . The people are great and it is a very good place to work for.
Relaxed and flexible job for students
EAP Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Boulder, COMarch 12, 2014
Great place to work while attending school. Schedule is flexible, and relaxed work environment.

1 2 3 4