University of Colorado Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you want to make a difference in student's lives.
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 29, 2016
The best part of working at CU Boulder is watching student transform from frightened freshman to graduating seniors and graduate students. Lives are being impacted in positive ways that will make a difference in their future. Being part of that is a special position.
Great TA position and colleagues but poor continuity
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 25, 2016
This good TA position but it is definitely one of the more rigorous ones available. Large class size and number of assignments complicates the logistics of running the class. To be brief i set up and run multiple labs during the week, interacted with students, held office hours, graded materials, entered grades, and uploaded grades to the school's secure sever.
Pros
Great co-workers flexible hours
Cons
poor continuity between semesters due to old TAs leaving and new ones coming in
Great team!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 21, 2016
Fun job because the team that you work with, learned so much about computers and technology and students working there.
Flexible and Friendly
Composition Tutor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 18, 2016
Really enjoyed my 2.5 years at the Comp Hub. It helped me and I helped others. I learned a lot, and it fit with my busy schedule and traveling.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Underpaid
Great people to work with.
Assisted the Assistant Athletic Director (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 17, 2016
My job was enjoyable and it was made all the better by my great coworkers and a great boss. The location is amazing. Out of the colleges I have looked at the campus was the best out of them.
Quite a good place to work at
Software Developer and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 17, 2016
The professor is so nice and we work together very well. In addition, the department provides enought positions for students if you wanna do apprentice.
CU Bookstore review
Apparel Buyer (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 13, 2016
The CU Bookstore provided a great work/life balance. It was pretty much a 8:30-5:00 work day. The biggest challenge was there is not a lot of opportunity for career growth.
Enjoy
Dining Services III (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 26, 2016
I enjoy working there. Especially the People I work with. We have a Great Team and it makes the Extreme Work loads seem easier to deal with. Overall its a Great Place to Work.
Academic Affairs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 20, 2016
good benefits; good location; variety of jobs; doctors are good to work for; lots of different positions; healthcare opportunities; work for the health of children
Excellent environment for academic research and exploration
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 19, 2016
Amazing place to work as an undergrad researcher. Flexible hours, great staff, and quality support all around. Hardest part is getting to my building and not paying an arm and a leg for parking.

Want to know more about University of Colorado?

Ask a question
Work in call center with patient or provider interactions
Patient Access Rep Cancer Pavilion (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 18, 2016
Work in the Cancer Pavilion scheduling patients for MRI, CT, labs or doctor appointments. Request records as needed including pathology samples. Enter referrals and work with our authorization departments to request authorization as needed.
Pros
constantly busy
Cons
Little time for a bathroom break
fun
Facility support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 9, 2016
somewhat an ok place to work as a student worker, they are really flexible with student worker, i will recommend it to any student worker. but not great for a full time employee because of less pay but great benefit.
Pros
not too bad
Cons
a bit discriminatry
The work load there was similar to that of other universities
Graduate student instructor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 1, 2016
I was a graduate student teacher for six year at the University of Colorado at Boulder so I had to either be a course instructor or a teaching assistant while also working on my Ph.D. in Mathematics.
Poor Leadership
IT Technical Systems Analyst - Lead (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 30, 2016
I worked for 16 years in the Help Desk and was treated like a child the manager micro managed would not allow for advancement and as soon as I went for my Masters she was threatened by my achievements.
Business School at UCD serves best with respect to Masters in Information Systems
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 16, 2016
Business School of UCD has specializations for the MSIS program and being into Business Intelligence specialization it offered me great experience in terms of knowledge, handson experinece on various BI tools which are in demand.
Pros
Education with respect to multimedia (online classes)
Amazing people to work with
Course Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 10, 2016
The work can be highly different depending on which department you are working for. The tasks are pretty easily manageable and is usually not overwhelming.
Great learning experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 8, 2016
By far the most professional job that I could ever have. The professors treat you with dignity and respect and have super high expectations of you, which you should also have for yourself and its most definitely gives you a great learning curve. It pushes you to pursue something that you want to do, puts you in connections with great professors and gives you the opportunity to get to know them on a personal level. You get to struggle-bus it with other students who know your pain and struggles and you have the greatest bond with them and since theyre also doing research they're overachievers just like you and its great while you all nerd out about the same things.
Pros
Working at school while being a student
Cons
Working at school while being a student
Most backwards dept ever
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 4, 2016
Cu Police In Aurora has a backwards leadership around, the upper management is run by incompetent vindictive administrators. You will be treated badly and laid off without any real notice. Low pay and terrible benefits. If you work here start looking and go to a real police department not a wanna be police department like CU Police in Aurora.
Pros
Cons
Everthing
Student Assistant Part-time
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 25, 2016
I worked as a student assistant part-time, I used to work remotely. I helped in development of new applications and support of existing applications.
Excellent experience for dental students
Dental student (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 25, 2016
The school gave me the opportunity of becoming a ISP student in 2014. During two years' stay in Aurora, I have all the support from my faculty members, classmates and staff members, which make me a knowledgeable and well prepared dental graduate for the U.S. market.

4.2