University of Colorado Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
CU School of Dental Medicine
Material Handler/Purchasing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 7, 2017
Fairly easy work, but can get incredibly busy at times. There are times where I am challenged but unfortunately there's not enough of those opportunities to really show off my skills. Room for advancement is hard to come by. I've learned a lot about inventory management and purchasing procedures.

Workplace culture is fairly good, but at times it's difficult to communicate on an effective level with others due to various aspects, whether it be individual or organizational.

Hardest part of the job is the monotony and keeping on top of everyone's requests. If nobody notices your presence, you're likely doing a good job. People come out of the wood works when internal deliveries are lagging behind. Human nature -- complaints tend to be louder than praise.

Most enjoyable part of the job is when you do receive praise and appreciation for taking care of internal requests.
Pros
Good hours, great benefits, reliable, job secure
Cons
Little room for advancement
People are nice
HVAC Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 2, 2017
Great place to work sometimes the politics get a little out of hand. Also the location is great. Do not like the traffic getting to work but the manager is willing to work with me on hours.
graduate assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 31, 2017
As with any graduate position you work many hours until the work is done. It will depend on your mentor and project. The hours will really depend on the project
One of best university I have been
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 25, 2017
Good university for quite responsible for student study and career development. I believe who attending in this university will love it without long time and will learn a lot of things there.
Challenge place to work
Embedded System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 24, 2017
Challenge place to work with beautiful environment if you like outdoor activities. Being part of the state of art in the knowledge. Work place with very relax environment but hard worker.
World renowned education and research institution
Student Assistant I - William M. White Business Li (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 24, 2017
My work experience with CU was in the William M. White Business Library at the Boulder campus. I was a paid student assistant.

The experience was wonderful. The permanent management team within the library was helpful, friendly, flexible related to class schedules, and happy to train the constant inflow of new employees. I made many good and lifelong friends while working there. We were allowed to execute special projects (e.g., visual displays and spatial reorganizations). We were even encouraged to spend any down time we experienced by studying on the clock.

I moved on to private industry when I finished my education at CU, but I would work for the organization again. I highly recommend it to anyone considering joining its team.
Fun educational environment that provided life skills
Student Advocate and Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2017
At the University of Colorado Denver, I was able to learn important life skills why developing and nurturing younger/ newer students. This environment was based around education and each students pursuance if knowledge. Leadership, professionalism and support is what this job was based on.
Pros
Networking
Extremely simple job that helps you build the skills that you want to develop
Student Lab Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 15, 2017
As a student going to CU Denver, this job was perfect for me. The management understood that I had to worry about passing my classes, on top of excelling at my job, so I was allowed to study and finish homework assignments as long as I did my job. If I wanted to learn anything in the tech space, I was able to communicate with the tech lead for resources to read and/or projects to complete.

This job is extremely easy; it is virtually impossible to get on anyone's bad side and/or get fired.

I highly recommend this job to any student.
Anatomy Lab
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 13, 2017
Not paid, but great experience working in the medical field. Learning in depth human anatomy, and getting to observe different cadavers and learn unique characteristics of different people
RESEARCH COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 11, 2017
I am a Independent Contractor with the University of Colorado. I conduct all of my work in California and communicate with Colorado when needed. My experience has been a pretty positive one.
Pros
High level of autonomy
They held a lot of company functions and offered seminars
Acct Tech II Housing Finance (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 11, 2017
My day consisted of processing invoice'. I was always used to working for smaller companies so for me the hardest part of the job was learning how a state facility operated. I enjoyed working here because I was able to work at my own pace even though there were deadlines.
Pros
They were very big on bettering yourself so they offered a lot of seminars
Cons
Their health insurance was pretty expensive
Terrific research environment
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 6, 2017
A typical workday includes cell culture, DNA manipulation, seminar attendance, biochemical assays, and accurate record keeping. I am constantly learning new techniques, assays, and research from peers. The management provides great opportunities and welcomes new ideas. The work atmosphere is fun and exciting. The hardest part of the job is explaining unexpected results and formulating new hypothesis. The most enjoyable part of the job other than performing bench work is acceptance of a manuscript by a journal.
Pros
Schedule and benefits
A reasonable workplace
Student & Affiliate Faculty (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 5, 2017
It is an educational space with deal plenty of new students and young generation. You need to update your knowledge base to work here. I believe working here is fine if you can adopt with the time and hard work.
Fun to work at, not so happy about how graduate students are treated.
Grad Student (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 28, 2017
It's a nice place to work and live, graduate students sometimes very very undervalued. The work is very interesting and difficult, however the compensation is very low (graduate school).
Exciting place to work.
Instructor for Pre-Collegiate Program (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 26, 2017
There is a constant stat of being challenged which is something I thrive on. Co-works were professional and respectful. Wish the team had move input on how to better solve problems.
Pros
Constant challenges
Cons
Didn't explore time after work as a team.
Very fun workplace
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 25, 2017
Very fun place to work. Guaranteed shifts. Educational support was phenomenal. Very few weekends and time to do work per MD request. Fulfilling work environment. Great for those willing to learb
Pros
Hours of operation
Cons
Some staffing issues
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 23, 2017
I enjoyed working with students, staff and faculty in and every growing learning environment. It was a good location with a variety in the jobs. Great learning environment!
Finance Accountant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 21, 2017
Have a great team. From management to staff they work hand and hand. Pay could ne better but other than that it's a phenomenal company to work for. Meeting patients and new provider are a plus also.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
I will be lenrn a little more
EVS Housekeeping/evsfloor Tex/Batroom ad/ (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 21, 2017
University Hospital is a great environment to work in and I'm pretty sure and it teaches you a lot and you do get trained and all times pretty sure it's great people to work for and I know they teaches you multitask things to do make beds bathrooms trash it's it's a lot bio everything else it's a lot to
Pros
Cons
Good Brake's
Productive and satisfying work experience
Staff Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 20, 2017
Allows time and funding for educational advancement ,one of the best compensations in the industry.
A typical day at work has you hit the ground running. There is sometimes very little time for breaks until the wee hours of the morning when nursing generally steers you away from patients till later in the AM . Night shift and evening/ weekend shift differentials are very generous and competitive
The department has excellent management that is in touch with day to day operations and is consistent in getting the equipment and supplies needed for the job.
Pros
Kudos for employee appreciation efforts, holiday free meals
Cons
Less time for breaks