University of Colorado Employee Reviews

Learning Enviroment
Student Grader Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 8, 2016
Since I was a Course Grader of a subject that I had taken in the previous semester, I learnt several approaches that students took to write efficient codes for the same programming assignment. This definitely helped me strengthen my programming logics.
Pros
Fixed hours of work every week
Great place
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 6, 2016
Good place good people. Great facilities and location to work. Good collaborative environment. One stop shop for basic science and clinical research.
Enjoyable
Club Baseball President/Captain (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 23, 2016
Running and coaching the UCCS club baseball team has been an absolute blast. I've enjoyed all of the players I've been so luck to play alongside for the past 2.5 years.
Great place
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 19, 2016
Every department is different. The culture depends on which department you are working in. Lack of work-life balance and flexibility is an issue if you are a working parent. Otherwise, a great place to work.
Good campany
Lead Pipefiter (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 26, 2016
Work was good and the coworkers were easy to work with. Good job conditions with all the pipe installation tools needed.
Pros
good people
Cons
wish job lasted longer
Great Place with amazing academics.
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 4, 2016
Amazing place with lots of good professors and a breathtaking view from each and every corner of University. Very outdoorsy location and friendly too!
Dining and food services
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 5, 2015
DFS is interesting The Sous Chef is amazing but is overloaded by the idiot Executive Chef who does jack. The food is Meh and the manager at the lodge is garbage. The student workers are great and love working with them but it makes me angry to see them mistreated by the lodge manager. there is little to no communication even though they whine about it all the time. The only three managers I respect are the Sous Chef, The Director(usually) and the Residential Dining manager at Roaring fork (Dining center).
Great place to work- with a caveat
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 25, 2016
Supportive environment with great people to work with. My only complaint is the lack of organization as there was difficulty getting things done.
Work with employees to create a balanced life
Business Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 26, 2015
Mostly casual atmosphere with peaks during the startup of each semester. Benefits are good, work duties and locations can change quickly either by assignment or choice. Chaotic environment, heavy red tape and lots of politics. Great people to work with. Constantly growing organization that is seeking new opportunities to expand profits.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Heavy bureaucratic environment
Overall good
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  BoulderMarch 9, 2016
There are lots of opportunities for working in different projects. The school has faculties that are strong in the field of bioengineering.
place lives in your home.
electronic specialist (Former Employee) –  facmanNovember 17, 2015
Worst place ever worked, they say work life balance, but only say that. Very intrusive into the way you live. Want in your house your bedroom and into your family life. They are very good at advancing the inept, and very much mid management heavy. Supervisors cant be trusted.
Pros
dont have to work
Cons
lots of angery people.
Fun and fit
Exercise Physiology Internship (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 9, 2016
Fun to make workouts for high school students to help them reach their goals. I learned how to incorporate exercise science into everyday workouts.
Pros
gym access
Nice work culture
Boulder - Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 7, 2016
Nice work culture. Great learning experience. Everyone is so outgoing and friendly. There is never a dull moment. There is ALWAYS work to be done
Excellent, student friendly environment
Shipping and Receiving Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 19, 2015
Working for the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) Bookstore has been a wonderful experience. Having work and classes so close together helped me manage my time/schedule very wisely.
Don't Send Your Child Here for Higher Ed - CU Boulder
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 6, 2015
This is by far the worst higher education institution I have ever worked for. Poor quality, lack of leadership, incompetent administration. No student-faculty-administrator collaboration. Very set in old ways. Lacks diversity in every area.
You do what you have to
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 8, 2015
I was a teacher's assistant and it was a fine job. I was going to school at the same time, so that added to the stress and will slightly bias my opinion.

The best part of the job is interacting with the students and helping them learn. I thought my boss was a good leader and made sure we were all keeping up with our work. She was fair to the students and to the TA's.

What I didn't like was the lack of training. They dedicated an entire week to theory-based training that was worthless. By the time it's the day to teach, you'll be stuck trying to figure everything out on your own. Poor students! I feel so bad for them. I hardly knew what I was doing that first semester.
Pros
Students are great
Cons
No training
Great Place to Work
Administrative Professional (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 4, 2015
Pros:
Co-workers are friendly and team oriented.
Great pay
Professional development is encouraged
Beautiful campus
Benefits are awesome

Cons:
Lots of work with no backup plan and distributed to the team frequently.
Hard to take off time from work.
excellent nursing education
Student PNP / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 6, 2015
Student in the pediatric nurse practitioner program. Wonderful program though unorganized at times due to seasons of transition.
University of Colorado Springs, College of Education
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 10, 2015
A typical day at work was helping students with their program information, answering phones, keeping Americorp records.
What I learned was how to multitask and keep Americorps records straight.
The management is great.
My co-workers were great to work with and we helped each other with projects.
The hardest part of the job was making sure the students in Americorp understood how to fill out time sheets.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping students and the professors.
Pros
Helping students
Cons
Leaving the position when I graduated
Work as a team to accomplish a goal. Unlimited of chocolate candy for everybody, everyday
Emergency Department - Care Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 30, 2015
I'm at the Emergency Room at 7am. A person never knows how a day will unfold. There is 70 percent down time and 30 percent adrenaline when we, as a team, are saving a life. There are many joyful moments. A few sorrow filled times as well. There are two sides to every coin. The hardest part of the job is getting a patients identity and salient patient information correct under extreme pressure.
Pros
Free food several times a week
Cons
Short breaks, 12.5 hours shitfs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Colorado. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Colorado Reviews by Location