University of Colorado

University of Colorado Employer Reviews

Great people, tough like any medical internship would be.
Surgery Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 7, 2013
Pros: great people
Great year. Loved the administration. I worked as a preliminary general surgery intern. The people were great and I am still in contact with them. Most of them are helpful and want you to succeed. Ancillary staff was fantastic to work with. Work days were long as usual for this type of job. Learning was facilitated well by all superiors and most peers.
Positive enviornment
Lab support III (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 3, 2013
Working at Colorado Genetics lab is very rewarding and a very cahllenging job.
Productive work place that fosters creativity
Microbiology Intern (Former Employee), Aurora, COAugust 1, 2013
Pros: the lounge is perfect for networking
As an intern in the microbiology department I was encouraged to think independently. Initially I was instructed by my supervisor then as the internship progressed, I was given more credit to work on my own project. When I hit a dead end in my research, I had advice on where to go from there, and aid in interpretation of tests.
Being able to support those who need comfort and answers.
CU Athletics Promotional Reading Representative (Former Employee), Boulder, COJuly 22, 2013
Pros: also a flexible schedule
Cons: also unpaid
I was able to provide with the best of my knowledge, answers to those immigrants assimilating and made a difference in their lives. I was also simply a means of support when they were feeling weak and that alone was worth all the hours and work.
Research research research
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 13, 2013
Great working experience of geotechnical engineering including analysis and supervision.
Productive place
Professional Research Assistant (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 11, 2013
Pros: day goes by fast
Cons: no real training
A productive place which requires a lot of trial and errors to get appropriate data. Fast paced and on the go environment.
One of the best universities in mountain time zone
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COMay 23, 2013
Management is lack of efficiency. However, undergraduate education is more emphasized.
Strong univdersity
Business Development, Intern (Former Employee), Boulder, COMay 22, 2013
Pros: good professional peer support.
Cons: small market university.
Great commitment to and support from the entrepreneurial community.
Great for a college student
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee), Boulder, COMay 21, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not enough work to keep busy, maximum of eight hours a week
Being a TA was a great way to review and practice the skills learned when previously taking the class. The working hours were flexible.
The best college job EVER
VP Public and Media Relations (Former Employee), Boulder, ColoradoMay 21, 2013
Pros: so many, it's almost hard to list! an overall wonderful environment that helped everyone; staff, students, parents, and more thrive in whatever it was that they were seeking.
Cons: having to leave, received usta opportunity
I learned so much about life, myself, and working in a "true professional environment" at my time working at The University of Colorado. I was also attending the University as a student at the time of employment, so I was able to interact with leaders of the University that I may not have had the opportunity to do so had I not had the positions that – more... I did; which were The Executive Assistant to the Director of Greek Life as well as the Director of Public and Media Relations for the Pan-Hellenic Association (within the Greek Life organization at the University of Colorado). – less
Very professional
Research Assistant, Analytical Chemistry Research (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 20, 2013
Duties included development, characterization and utilization of analytical methods for the analysis of self assembled monolayers (SAMs) on electrode surfaces. Developed and characterized novel electrochemical sensors for the detection of phenolic compounds. Helped characterize new chemical sampling instrumentation with quantitative capillary GC analysis – more... and a variety of electrochemical approaches. Responsible for installation, maintenance and calibration of HP 5890 GC system, as well as method development and quantitation of samples acquired from a number of agricultural materials – less
Good work/life balance
Employee Relations BCOR Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COMay 5, 2013
As a Teacher's Assistant responsibilities typically include grading papers, monitoring participation and more.
Very interesting work and tests
Head Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 14, 2013
Build test structures in the lab that would then be tested in either the centrifuge of hydrolic presses. Learned to work with AutoCAD and Solidworks, also learned about mechanical drawings and building structures to spec. Management was great and co-workers are still some of my good friends, very relaxed atmosphere. Hardest part of the job was having – more... to deal with test failure. Most enjoyable part was watching a test work perfectly. – less
Unorganized
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Aurora, COMarch 9, 2013
Pros: opportunity to experience the medical field and terminology
Cons: poor communication, no breaks, micro management
Very fast pace environment; opportunity for challenge,communication with various individuals, wonderful learning experience with medical field.
Do not work here
Professional Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 6, 2013
This is not an institution that advocates higher education. Most of the executives in higher level positions were not educated at CU, nor do they advocate anyone that went to their school having a higher level position. I was a salaried employee expected to be on call 24/7, to come in at all hours, to perform tasks way above my skill level with little – more... to no recognition and absolutely no overtime. My direct supervisor repeatedly took credit for projects and ideas that I initially had, only to continually be verbally abused by that same person and eventually fired. I went in with a higher educational background then the majority of people in my department (Masters level education from a top tier school) whereas the majority of those in my department held B.A.'s from online universities and had never actually attended a brick and mortar institution. I was told on my first day of work that my colleague (hired at the same level) had never actually read an entire book.

What a disgrace to the State of Colorado. – less
Good Place To Work
Software Engineer / DBA (Current Employee), Boulder, COFebruary 27, 2013
Highly technical fast paced work environment with opportunities to learn and implement new technologies.
great employer
Research Therapy Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 12, 2013
Great employer and very nice coworkers. Good culture and environment
UCD
BI Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 4, 2013
It really a wonderful experience to work with University of Colorado. I have ameliorated a lot at my work place by pursing my masters in Computer Science.
Great research experience but bad organization
Field Engineer Intern and Lab Technician (Current Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 31, 2013
-work about 12 hours a week
-all day on tuesdays and thursdays to run carbon testing
-went out to BAO once every two weeks to change out filters
-management was unorganized but I helped in the lab to sort out data
-co-workers were all awesome
-hardest part was working with the management due to my boss's lack of communication
-enjoyable part was working – more... in the field, obtaining enough data to see trends and what they correlate to and all the knowledge I obtained – less
Over all good
Computer operator (Former Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits, work experience, learn new things work with technical people
Cons: management was half and half somes supportive sometimes not so much
It was a good career for me and had good benefits but there were pluses and minuses like any job. Over a good experience though.