University of Colorado

University of Colorado Employer Reviews

Good place for student workers
COMPUTER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Boulder, CONovember 21, 2013
Excellent people to work with and good pay for student workers..
Poor Pay, Advancement Opportunities, and Management
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee), Aurora, CONovember 19, 2013
Pros: some good managers
Cons: some terrible managers, bad pay, bad coworkers
My supervisor was unreliable, dishonest, and manipulative. The work was very demanding, and the pay was horrible. One could only advance if someone left a position at a higher level, which is very demotivating. It facilitates an environment of distrust and competition between coworkers.

There is no additional incentive for having advanced AALAS certification.

The facilities are nice, and the animals are well cared for. PI's and Research Assistants are kind and appreciative.
Research Intern
Research Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Aurora, COOctober 15, 2013
Pros: reward of helping others
Cons: low compensation and uncertainty
Large academic institutions operate as a sink or swim environment. It can be difficult to stand out as a researcher. I witnessed some of the struggles with funding and recruitment for studies. The benefit of this work and knowing that the study can make a positive impact on systems in place related to the research. Through research, medical treatments and other interventions can be evaluated for the studied population.
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus provides a diverse body of students with opportunities to enhance their careers and research
Research Assistant (Former Employee), AuroraSeptember 23, 2013
Educating more than 14,000 students on our comprehensive campus in downtown Denver and more than 3,000 students in our research and advanced health care programs at the Anschutz Medical Campus, the University of Colorado Denver is one of the nation’s top public urban research universities.
University of Colorado- Boulder
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 29, 2013
Cons: odd and hard to join culture
Teaching and Research Assistantships depend on whom you are working for. First TA was given very little guidance and poor communication made interactions worse. First RA was given very little guidance and was let go without any warning. Third TA was with a different department and it was very well organized, job duties were well defined and communication was very open.
Great school
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 13, 2013
I worked for my teacher as a TA and then after became his personal assistant.
Great people, tough like any medical internship would be.
Surgery Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 7, 2013
Pros: great people
Great year. Loved the administration. I worked as a preliminary general surgery intern. The people were great and I am still in contact with them. Most of them are helpful and want you to succeed. Ancillary staff was fantastic to work with. Work days were long as usual for this type of job. Learning was facilitated well by all superiors and most peers.
Positive enviornment
Lab support III (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 3, 2013
Working at Colorado Genetics lab is very rewarding and a very cahllenging job.
Productive work place that fosters creativity
Microbiology Intern (Former Employee), Aurora, COAugust 1, 2013
Pros: the lounge is perfect for networking
As an intern in the microbiology department I was encouraged to think independently. Initially I was instructed by my supervisor then as the internship progressed, I was given more credit to work on my own project. When I hit a dead end in my research, I had advice on where to go from there, and aid in interpretation of tests.
Being able to support those who need comfort and answers.
CU Athletics Promotional Reading Representative (Former Employee), Boulder, COJuly 22, 2013
Pros: also a flexible schedule
Cons: also unpaid
I was able to provide with the best of my knowledge, answers to those immigrants assimilating and made a difference in their lives. I was also simply a means of support when they were feeling weak and that alone was worth all the hours and work.
Research research research
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 13, 2013
Great working experience of geotechnical engineering including analysis and supervision.
Productive place
Professional Research Assistant (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 11, 2013
Pros: day goes by fast
Cons: no real training
A productive place which requires a lot of trial and errors to get appropriate data. Fast paced and on the go environment.
One of the best universities in mountain time zone
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COMay 23, 2013
Management is lack of efficiency. However, undergraduate education is more emphasized.
Strong univdersity
Business Development, Intern (Former Employee), Boulder, COMay 22, 2013
Pros: good professional peer support.
Cons: small market university.
Great commitment to and support from the entrepreneurial community.
Great for a college student
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee), Boulder, COMay 21, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not enough work to keep busy, maximum of eight hours a week
Being a TA was a great way to review and practice the skills learned when previously taking the class. The working hours were flexible.
The best college job EVER
VP Public and Media Relations (Former Employee), Boulder, ColoradoMay 21, 2013
Pros: so many, it's almost hard to list! an overall wonderful environment that helped everyone; staff, students, parents, and more thrive in whatever it was that they were seeking.
Cons: having to leave, received usta opportunity
I learned so much about life, myself, and working in a "true professional environment" at my time working at The University of Colorado. I was also attending the University as a student at the time of employment, so I was able to interact with leaders of the University that I may not have had the opportunity to do so had I not had the positions that I did; which were The Executive Assistant to the Director of Greek Life as well as the Director of Public and Media Relations for the Pan-Hellenic Association (within the Greek Life organization at the University of Colorado).
Very professional
Research Assistant, Analytical Chemistry Research (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 20, 2013
Duties included development, characterization and utilization of analytical methods for the analysis of self assembled monolayers (SAMs) on electrode surfaces. Developed and characterized novel electrochemical sensors for the detection of phenolic compounds. Helped characterize new chemical sampling instrumentation with quantitative capillary GC analysis and a variety of electrochemical approaches. Responsible for installation, maintenance and calibration of HP 5890 GC system, as well as method development and quantitation of samples acquired from a number of agricultural materials
Good work/life balance
Employee Relations BCOR Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COMay 5, 2013
As a Teacher's Assistant responsibilities typically include grading papers, monitoring participation and more.
Very interesting work and tests
Head Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 14, 2013
Build test structures in the lab that would then be tested in either the centrifuge of hydrolic presses. Learned to work with AutoCAD and Solidworks, also learned about mechanical drawings and building structures to spec. Management was great and co-workers are still some of my good friends, very relaxed atmosphere. Hardest part of the job was having to deal with test failure. Most enjoyable part was watching a test work perfectly.
Unorganized
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Aurora, COMarch 9, 2013
Pros: opportunity to experience the medical field and terminology
Cons: poor communication, no breaks, micro management
Very fast pace environment; opportunity for challenge,communication with various individuals, wonderful learning experience with medical field.