University of Connecticut Health Center Employee Reviews

very unprofessional workplace
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CT 06030August 14, 2017
Does not care about their employees, they lay them off and don't care about how they will survive. Central Office Upper management are very unprofessional and lack empathy for others.
There are several people doing the same jobs and make an enormous amount of money (what a waste of tax dollars). These people in upper management positions are eligible for retirement but choose to stay and allow others to be laid off.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
You can be laid off at any time
productive place for research
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 7, 2017
I was involved in biomedical research here and it was a good place to be for a while. There are lots of clinical researchers to collaborate with if you want to go that way.
Pros
well funded research facility
Cons
can be isolated from other researchers
Great opportunity to learn biomedical research
Internship (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJune 30, 2017
As an intern, I was exposed to biomedical research for the first time. Faculty and employees were very patient and allowed me to master techniques I had learnt at school.
Nice environment to live and work
Medical Resident (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJune 10, 2017
I enjoyed working at UCONN even though it was very fast paced and long hours. I learned a lot from very knowledgable people. Had a wonderful time really.
Difficult
Residency Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 25, 2017
Tough environment. Msny people advance to positions they are not qualified for just because they 'know' someone or kiss butts...not my thing. People like me that work hard tend to be left behind.
Pros
great health insurance
Cons
tenuous security
Opportunity to provide care is great and terrific place to learn and explore
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 7, 2017
This is a very large institution with many opportunities to work with and next to providers of many different backgrounds and excellent experience.probably the only drawback is that it is an extremely large institution, often making it difficult for smaller units to self direct as appropriate for that particular department
Pros
Benefite
Cons
Hard to have your voice heard
Great Place to work
Interface UI \ UX design, Lead Programmer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTApril 23, 2017
Great place to work as a contractor. People are friendly and as a client they always pay on time. Projects can be very long term and span multiple years at times. Shuttle service for campus and good food.
Pros
Atmosphere, People, Environment.
Cons
Jobs can end abruptly due to new managment or promotions in ranks, cost cutting and trims.
Keep this as your last option
POSTDOC RESEARCH FELLOW (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTMarch 6, 2017
Involves doing research. Trouble shooting experiments. Planning, designing and carrying out in vivo, in vitro and ex vivo experiments. I work more than 40 hours a week.
Greatest challenge to thinking
public health researcher while completing PhD (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTFebruary 22, 2017
Flexible path to pursue any ideas as long as they contribute to science. Culture is aligned with being the smartest person in the room. Only for self-starters.
Pros
Brain challenges
Cons
Slower pace than with private enterprise
First Laboratory research position
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTJanuary 3, 2017
Current and interesting research topic with inspiring and very helpful mentors. Ideal for recent college graduate work and laboratory experience. Nurturing work environment.
Pros
Small laboratory, and current research topic
Cons
Small laboratory staff, temporary.
Great place
Director of Cardiovascular Perfusion (Current Employee) –  Operating roomDecember 27, 2016
Academic medical center with great people and supportive environment. Growing campus with new infrastructure related to research, education, science technology and clinical medicine
Director HIM
Director of Health Information Management (Current Employee) –  HIM DeparmentOctober 9, 2015
Director of HIM participated in all activities of managing the HIM department. Participated in management meetings and worked as part of a team to ensure patient safety and patient satisfaction. Enjoy the challenges that come with being a manager at UCONN as we have a multitude of systems in a "best of breed" shop when it comes to IT systems.
Great job security, great benefits, some room for career advancement.
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Niantic, CTJuly 28, 2015
Working for Correctional Managed Healthcare is challenging and eye opening. My typical day would be coming to work having my bags checked, waiting for the Correctional Officer to allow me to proceed to my building for work, usually takes about 10 minutes. As you walk to your building you come into contact with many inmates and Correctional Officers; when I reach my building I must swipe my time card then go into a lock box to check out my keys for the day. Its time consuming so you must be very punctual. After this I go to the Medical Records Room, a 13X20 ft. room made completely of cylinder blocks, no windows, no reception for anything! I begin to pull the charts needed for the day (about 250) along with random charts that need to be reviewed, then I proceed to my own tasks for the day such as: processing releases of information, filing, making sure chart orders are processed, filing back the charts from the day, answering phones, placing orders, chart maintenance, composing emails, and anything else needed of me.
Pros
There is a lot to do so your day goes by fast, also the autonomy to complete your daily tasks.
Cons
The environment at a Correctional Facility can be very stressful.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 22, 2015
Can be a great experience for graduate students, reasonable work life balance, but little career option exposure is provided.
Fast paced, multi-task oriented, collaborative environment
Early Childhood Specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTApril 7, 2015
A typical day in this position includes a great deal of collaboration and coordination of the projects I am responsible for. I like the variability of my work and the fact that everything I do requires me to interact at some level with a team. The hardest part of the work is keeping it all moving forward.
Uchc
Biomedical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTDecember 2, 2014
As an undergraduate student at UCONN in biomedical engineering, working at UCHC in the department of regenerative engineering has been an incredible experience. Learned so much from participating in the research in drug delivery and in biomedical engineering.
Senior Design
Senior Design Researcher (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 27, 2014
Various collaboration projects between UConn and UCHC.
Doctors were helpful in terms of helping projects.
great place to work
Histology Technician/Moh's Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 24, 2014
great job. outstanding benefits. fun atmosphere great coworkers
Great place for an internship!
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTFebruary 3, 2014
Great place to intern as a social worker. Diverse and wide opportunity for learning and growth.
Generally a good place to work
Assistant Director, Campus Planning (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJanuary 22, 2014
If they had a more established job advancement policy, I wouldn't have left.