University of Connecticut Employee Reviews in United States

Typical University
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Storrs, CTJuly 14, 2016
Perform diagnostic case work on animal diseases for the state of CT. Typical work for a typical science-based Academic setting.
Opportunity to grow
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 13, 2016
My current job provides me the opportunity to learn new tools to leverage teaching and learning. My assignments help me interact and manage experts in the field of education.
productive
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTJuly 5, 2016
As a graduate student at the University of Connecticut, I have had excellent opportunities to teach undergraduate students while doing my own research and have also been involved in writing, revising lab reports and research papers in my laboratory.overall satisfactory!
Good University With Below Average Classrooms
Visiting Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTJune 11, 2016
To be fair, I have taught at a few other universities and the classrooms at UCONN generally came in three flavors. They could be very large and well equipped for large lectures. A few of them were about average in size and somewhat equipped with some work on the instructors behalf to make sure everything was available. The third classroom was seats and a blackboard. These would be fine for discussion classes or English courses to be able to move desks around and talking was the most done. For a class that more or less required computer graphics it was terrible.
Opportunities at every corner
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Storrs, CTJune 6, 2016
An array of personalities to work with. The professors and students are enthused by the idea of learning and the hardest part is finding something you are not passionate about.
Good benefits - beautiful campus - management lacking
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTMay 26, 2016
Internal processes and communication between departments and managers is lacking. No impetus to improve relationships, team build or empower individuals. Management controls all decisions. Unrealistic deadlines for projects. Not a collaborative environment.
Pros
Nice to be around young people, good walking at lunchtime, dairy barn, employee children have opportunity to attend college free.
Cons
Must pay for parking, parking is a walk to office, must pay for gym use, pay for union dues, only fast food restaurants, old buildings, crowded work environment.
Great Institution
University Specialist (Current Employee) –  Academic affairsMay 7, 2016
Great Staff
Professional Environment
High Traffic
Very rewarding job
I've learned to apply my excellent customer from the private sector into the world of academia
Good over all
Material Scientist/ Surface Science Specialist (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTApril 25, 2016
Good work environment, good benefit, touch new idea, hands on skill to repair facility, cooperation projects with professionals and industry.
Pros
Good benefit
Great workplace for students
Student Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTApril 21, 2016
- Easy administrative work for students
- Supervisors are mindful and accepting of students busy schedules
- Ability to meet many new students and form relationships with staff
- Learn a lot about the University
fun place to work
kitchen asst. (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTApril 16, 2016
my day was checking a list to see where I was working for the day.going there and doing the job I had to do like making salads or pizza,putting desserts out or sometimes helping out the cooks. my co-workers are good to get along with,my most enjoyable put is meeting the students and the work load.
Pros
i'm learning alot
Cons
Fun and Effective Work Enviorment!
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Student UnionApril 11, 2016
There is a supportive and productive atmosphere at all times in the office. The full-time staff is very very and helpful as they support the part-time staff. All jobs are equally divided.
Pros
great staff!
Cons
Changing schedule
Worked well in this environment
Veterinary Technician/Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Storrs Mansfield, CTMarch 16, 2016
Some stress but I worked well in this environment. I enjoyed my job, training students to humanely handle animals. Management was ok but not always aware of issues in the facility. I enjoyed working with the people I worked with. Most difficult part of this job was going from building to building. I loved working with and training students.
Fun learning environment
Soils Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTMarch 5, 2016
Weigh soil and construct experiments. Boss is funny and very intelligible. Job is simple but get to learn new things everyday.
Pros
Learn something new every day
Cons
A lot of waiting required for experimental results
good workplace
GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 27, 2016
GREAT TO WORK HERE. learning a lot
• Assisting the Professor with preparation of tutorials, exams and assignment grading for graduate student.
• Supervising students in analytics projects, which include applied statistics, data preparation, exploratory data analysis and modelling techniques like logistic regression, decision trees, neural network, clustering methods, PCA.
Great People to Work with and nice work environment
Oracle DBA (Current Employee) –  Storrs Mansfield, CTFebruary 19, 2016
Excellent work place with high quality people to work with. I have learned a lot about Oracle, AIX, and have had some experience with Netezza and Analytics as a DBA.

Having the opportunity to work with new technology is the best part of this job along with working with very smart people.
Pros
Free tuition for my son
Its the best place to learn your coursework
Graduate Analytics Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 13, 2016
UCONN has always been supportive and helped me learn a lot through my course in Business Analytics and Project Management
Hello
sale (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYJanuary 21, 2016
I would assist patients and their families with medical expertise. I would triage patients and do comprehensive assessments.
know Better Place
Correctional Nurse (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 15, 2016
Great teamwork culture, management on the job facilitates autonomy. Structured policies and procedures in place. Multi-departmental support, multidisciplinary engagement encouraged on all avenues of patient care.
State University...
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Storrs, CTJanuary 5, 2016
My coworkers were the best, I'd love to stick around just for them. I worked there as a student employee and upon graduating there was no full time position for me despite the obvious need of an additional employee, but alas, the state decides that, not my supervisor.
Pros
Helped paid for college between classes
Cons
Mediocre pay for the hard work, upper management chain of roadblocks
summer job
FACILITIES MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Storrs Mansfield, CTDecember 22, 2015
it was a fun place to work. a day would go by fast because we always did your job and it kept us busy. we would fix and maintain kitchen appliances.

4.3