UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT

UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT Employer Reviews

UConn
Research Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2014
Typical work day requires alot of fast pace movement. Team works together really well.
Uconn
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Storrs, CTMarch 1, 2014
Just regular academic environment. Love the campus and the area. Learned a lot from my advisor and labmates.
Terrific co-workers, great management
Spring Semester Internship (Former Employee), Storrs, CTFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: good co-workers. good environment.
Cons: limited parking.
Great place to work. Great environment. Parking is limited in some areas, so you might have to walk up to a mile. Buses are available.
Be prepared for hard work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Storrs, CTFebruary 9, 2014
You will be expected to work more than what you are paid for. However we have a good team to work with. There is lot to learn from this experience however sometimes you feel it is not worth the stress.
Best School.
UConn Student Managed Fund (Former Employee), Storrs, CTFebruary 7, 2014
This was my college career. We won the NCAA championship my senior year and it was mind blowing.
Excellent learning resource
Head Advisor Internship (Former Employee), Storrs, CTJanuary 30, 2014
The UConn branches I took courses at provided a variety of approaches to learning, ranging from hands on direct field experience to small-group discussions to large lecture halls.
Productive place to work in. Always something to do
Student Services Assistant (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: fair lucnh brakes
Helping students with their needs. Always interact and help one another. Not a lot of co-workers yo work with. Always something to do.
School
Public Health Educator (Former Employee), Storrs Mansfield, CTJanuary 17, 2014
Great coursework, Grat teachers, Great grades.
For more information, feel free to contact me.
Assistant Researcher and student (Former Employee), Storrs CTJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: healthcare, range of options
Cons: few 5th stars
It truly was a 4 star experience all around and that is nothing to be ashamed of.
Slow paced research.
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Storrs Mansfield, CTDecember 30, 2013
As an undergraduate research assistant I was given flexible hours and found great mentors, but the research itself was slow paced.
Quiet, fun place to work
Student Librarian (Former Employee), Torrington, CTDecember 18, 2013
Pros: managers are friendly and willing to train, co-workers are willing to help
Cons: short breaks, manager not available, low pay, no place for advancement
The most enjoyable part about working at the University of Connecticut is learning how to research topics on many different subjects and meeting new people. Interacting with students and learning on what they are studying in school is really enjoyable. The managers are willing to help employees when they are having difficulty with subjects.

The most – more... difficult part about the job is that the manager was not always available. – less
TRUST Intern
REU Intern (Former Employee), Storrs, CTNovember 17, 2013
I was a TRUST Intern for the REU program at UCONN. I enjoyed myself very much. I learned a lot about mobile device security.
friendly work enviorment
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), Storrs, CTNovember 13, 2013
Pros: free lunch and two 15 min breaks
Cons: no cons
prepped salad bar and serving station changing out empty pans dish washing and sweeping
A learning institution with state-of-the-art laboratories for conducting graduate research
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Storrs, CTNovember 8, 2013
Pros: great learning environment
Cons: minimal compensation
Since I was a graduate student here, a typical day was full of numerous activities ranging from taking classes, performing my duties as a teaching assistant, and assisting a professor with graduate research. I managed to learn synthetic organic chemistry techniques such as multi-step organic synthesis, purification, and related instrumentation and analytical – more... techniques. The toughest part of this job was trying to balance my research duties along with my school work. The enjoyable part of this job was acquiring laboratory skills that would become beneficial in my field of work. – less
Good on paper, not good in practice
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Storrs, CTOctober 29, 2013
UConn is a place that looks great on paper, but there is no internal structure to help you advance. Everything you must do on your own, which inevitably feels like pulling teeth 24/7.
Live, Laugh, & Learn
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Storrs, CTOctober 9, 2013
Systems Group in Electrical & Computer Engineering has one of the most distinguished and experienced faculty in the US.
Great Employer
Digital Strategy MBA Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Storrs, CTOctober 6, 2013
Great Employer, Great Benefits.

UConn is a great place to work
Smart, awesome group of professors, great students.
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (EVENING) (Current Employee), Stamford, CTSeptember 5, 2013
Part-time teaching at UConn is a great experience, with the opportunity to get to know younger students and adults finishing their degrees.
Large public univesity with unionized workforce
HR & Payroll Director - DDS (Former Employee), Storrs, CTAugust 28, 2013
Pros: working in a diverse atmosphere for the betterment of the students was exciting.
Cons: change can be slow due to bureaucratic and union interests.
Being a busy, multi-tasking, collaborative environment I learned about the role state unions play in the daily administration of most tasks, duties and responsibilities.
Student
Student (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTAugust 27, 2013
Was student and learned many things from my professor. I was taking Accounting, Management, Finance, Economics, Business law and many more electives.