University of Connecticut Employee Reviews

It is a nice place to work.
Computer Tech Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTJuly 7, 2017
It is a nice place to work. Employees are able to enroll the careers of their dreams. The university is very flexible in this regard. However, having the opportunity to reach to manegment position is really difficult.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Minorities are hold down.
Clean and friendly environment
Research Assistant for Management Department (Former Employee) –  Storrs, CTJuly 5, 2017
The chemistry building has a great staff and attitude to prepare labs for all the students every week. Their organizational skills are great and helping the students with their needs really brought smiles to all our faces.
UConn
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Storrs, CTJune 30, 2017
Great institution. The university of Connecticut is a great place for those who want to academic programs that challenge them and offer opportunities that one might have search for. Th campus is beautiful and the environment caters to students who also want employment opportunities to put them through school.
Hard working and fast
Dining Service Trainee (Former Employee) –  Storrs, CTJune 26, 2017
Very fast paced environment. Rotate jobs after shifts so everyone does the same jobs. Management was friendly and often rewards you with short breaks.
Pros
free lunch
Productive professional work environment
IT Project Manager (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTJune 19, 2017
My experience at the University of Connecticut was very positive. My manager was very accommodating, professional and very knowledgeable of Information Technology.
Fun learning expierence
Committee Member- Event planner (Former Employee) –  Storrs, CTJune 15, 2017
The students come into the classroom ready to learn and want to know how to be more productive in college. Their excitement and the ideas that they think of are amazing. I would love to work here again.
Wonderful experience working here
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Fairfield County, CTJune 9, 2017
Working for UCONN as an Adjunct Professor has been a rewarding experience. The students are great, as is the management. I have used my professional skills and abilities every day.
Pros
Rewarding work environment
Cons
Not full-time
Not ideal
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTJune 8, 2017
This company is great if you just want to go to work and have no creativity. Promotions are based on who likes you the most not on your talent. I wouldn't recommend working here.
Productive after going through so much hard work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTMay 12, 2017
Had to establish new instrumentation to my project, methodologies, several protocols, approached to several people. At the end, I have gained lot of confidence in working with any kind of work environment and different kinds of people.
Great
Volunteer & Leadership (Current Employee) –  Windham, CTMay 11, 2017
While allowing me to volunteer during the semester I was fortunate enough to mentor a great kid one a week. I tutored him on any subject he struggled with and also enjoyed outdoor/indoor recreational activities. A truly humbling experience that allowed me to teach, but also taught me.
Great Place
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Storrs, CTMay 11, 2017
Everyone is so friendly, really truly it was great. Helping students adjust can be a challenge sometimes; especially incoming nervous freshmen, however, we made that transition easier on them.
Excellent place to teach and learn
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTMay 9, 2017
Teaching at the University of Connecticut has been an excellent experience for me. Not only is the cost of my education covered by the school, but I am also trusted with teaching undrgraduates Calculus and other courses in Mathematics. The grading is sometimes difficult, but the community of learning there is a pleasure to be around.
Nice education environment
Research Assistant and Teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTMay 1, 2017
Work as teaching assistant to assist to teach animal anatomy and animal disease management for two semesters. Work as research assistant to perform research in Vibrio Parahaemolyticus related research, including gene knocking out and modification, and protein analysis.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too much work load
Good place to supplement Education with a low maintenance job
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTApril 26, 2017
Make your own hours at the beginning of the semester. Very flexible schedule. Graduate assistants supervise each shift, but they're all very easing going. Students come in at their leisure to be tutored, and tutor shifts are 2 hours longs each.
Pros
Very low demanding job
Cons
Can get a little crazy the night before an exam
Fun Summer Job
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Storrs, CTApril 25, 2017
Working with the kids are great. As it is just a summer job, there isn't really room for advancement and the compensation isn't the greatest. However, the people are good and the job overall is fun.
Great environment and provides you a lot of skills to learn
Landscape and Facilities Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Storrs, CTApril 24, 2017
Good pay
Great People
Great variety in equipment
Knowledgeable crew
jobs let you both be independent or work with others
Rewarding
given freedom to learn on new equipment
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
physically demanding
Friendly workplace
Student IT Trainee (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTApril 19, 2017
While working with engineering department, I learned how to troubleshoot and debug computers that were using the CAD, MATlab and C++ programs. A typical day at work consisted of troubleshooting over 50 computers in computer labs, profile migration on over 100 users, taking inventory and reporting missing/broken machinery in need of replacement
Studied and taught at the same time
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  USAApril 17, 2017
- Cool place
- Enjoyed interacting with students
- Easy culture
- Learnt a lot about conducting lessons and making lesson plans
- Taught the course for 2 years
Great place
Student Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTApril 17, 2017
The job culture here is great. Employees are cared for and the work is appropriate. The only downside may be not enough hours, other than that I would recommend it.
Nice place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTApril 16, 2017
Great culture,good management, can learn things from others. It is a good balance for work and life. I would recommend others to work here. People around are very friendly.