University of Dayton

University of Dayton Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work for Student-Employees
Supplemental Instructor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 30, 2017
For students at the University of Dayton, there are many great employment opportunities available through a wide range of departments.
Pros
Multiple employment opportunities, easy to work and study together
Cons
Short hours, no benefits
Excellente place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 28, 2017
Served as Accounts Payable clerk,utilized automated accounts payable systems for data input and to obtain reports. Interact with vendors regarding status of open invoices, provide information regardingAccounts Payable policies and procedures, resolved problems, review statements. Prepare invoices for payment wich include:matching invoices with purchase orders and receiving documents. I received training to implement new procedures to improve department efficiency.
Pros
Every day I learn something new
Fair and enjoyable Graduate Assistantship
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 23, 2017
I have enjoyed my experience with the University of Dayton professors and their guidance for my project. The project experience is better than an in-class experience which I believe will benefit me more once I enter the workforce.
Satisfying University
Chef's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 17, 2017
Provides lots of opportunity for students to continue their education
Fun atmosphere but lots of support provided for students
Strong feel of community
A great university with a great future
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 6, 2017
Lots of growth for the university is coming in the near future and I was happy to be with them when I was there. Working with the teams was always great and it let me be creative.
Productive and organized community
Student Supervisor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 9, 2016
i have been working there for 3 years i learned a lot so many thing such as collaboration and coordination and the organization.
Great working atmosphere and great people
Athletics Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 14, 2016
It is a great work environment and a great experience. It teaches us to have great time management skills and management skills.
Nice place
Assistant GM (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 6, 2016
University of Dayton is true to its Marianist tradition. Employees a diverse work force. Great benefits and family friendly.
Pros
Tuition Remission
Cons
Lower wages
General place to work
Assistive Technology Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 1, 2016
Typical day to work is manageable. Depending on the department, some are trying to do your job and not doing theirs. Hard to advance in your position.
Benefits
Cons
Job security is a problem
freindly
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 31, 2016
I usually set up cafe and pizza areas. then i count my drawer .i enjoy my co workers and the students.i love to interact with my students. the hardest part of my job I cannot help my students as much as I want too.
Experience at UD
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  DaytonAugust 24, 2016
• Assisted staff and students by providing accurate information regarding Housing and Residence Life and by using sound judgment to make appropriate referrals.
• Prepared signs posters and mailings and assist with other tasks and projects as assigned.
• Assisted the Administrative Assistant with the prompt processing and distribution of assignment letters
I love teaching!
Religious Studies Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 4, 2016
Teaching undergraduates has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. Nothing beats imparting knowledge to young, brilliant minds!
Awesome
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 20, 2016
As a full time student in Master of Computer Science. I like University of Dayton very much! Nice place and very kine people. Worked very happy.
Productive workplace with exceptional benefits
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 10, 2016
My experience has been a positive and fun experience. The working environment is enjoyable and the many benefits and advancement opportunities are endless.
Pros
Free lunch, tuition remission for family, health care benefits
Cons
Some positions are only nine months
Unforgettable Experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 5, 2016
I learned how to communicate with undergraduate student and I improved my teaching skills a lot. Very unforgettable experience!
I enjoyed being an orientation leader. It taught me a lot about leadership.
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 14, 2016
For a week, I spent time preparing for orientation week.
I spent time learning about all the resources the University provides for the students. We also had to keep track of all the mandatory events the first year students were expected to attend.
Then during orientation week I was expected to guide the first year students through orientation week, enforce University behavior policies, and provide them with advice in their first year as a college student.
The hardest and most enjoyable part was being put into a situation where I had to be a leader to those who were a year younger or the same age as me. It helped me build my leadership skills and helped me to become more comfortable in that type of position.
Great young work environment
Office of Admissions Telecounselor (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 10, 2016
A typical day is answering phone calls from future parents and students that have questions.

I have learned how to be patient and interact with people of all ages.

The management was great, my boss was a graduate still in his 20s, which made for a great environment.

My co-workers were all students around my age so it was easy to get along.

The hardest part of my job was learning all of the facts about the University so I could answer questions.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the flexibility and the great people I worked around.
Environment which promotes learning
Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Department of Art and DesignMarch 1, 2016
My job in the photo and design department has helped me teach students in usage of equipment and darkroom skills. My small amount of power here has given me the chance to educate my peers while also becoming more confident in my own abilities. The facilities promote community learning and efficiency in professional quality equipment.
Enjoyable Experience
Guest Check-In Attendant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 20, 2016
Great on campus student position for part-time or full-time with not too much of a time commitment and great pay. Also great co-workers and grad assistant supervisor.
A good place to work with excellent benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 8, 2016
35-hour full-time week - 8:30 am-4:30 pm. Educational benefits for employee and family. Learned a lot about academia. Family/community atmosphere. Students are wonderful to work with. The university's foundation in the Catholic Marianist order is something I value greatly although I am not Catholic. Very inclusive of other faiths or no faith. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the students.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Advancement is limited and salary is not very competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Dayton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4