University of Dayton

University of Dayton Employer Reviews

Enjoyable place to work
Graduate student (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJune 30, 2014
Helped a lot in my career
Mostly academic work
Learned a lot of stuffs
Overall not a good place to work
Adjunct instructor of Statistics (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMay 17, 2014
Poor pay and very stingy with benefits. UD admits a very large number of Middle Eastern students. First they get full tuition fromthem(since students are on scholarships from oil rich countries), second for the foreign graduate students, they don't have to pay grad students nor give them tuition remission. Instead they hire bunches of cheap adjuncts – more... (for less than a grad student) give them no benefits (can't even use gym or take courses w/o having to pay ridiculous fees) – less
A good place to live and study
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 23, 2014
I studied in UD for two years.
I earned 24 credits in the first year and was a TA for the second year. UD located in that quiet city and is a good place to do academical research.
A great graduate program
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 18, 2014
Lots of lab time. Excellent research advisor. Fun labs to teach
Great University
Engineering Innovations Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 12, 2014
UD is a wonderful university. The staff our very understanding of stress students are under and are constantly available for help. Furthermore, professors I have worked with give clear direction and understand that my first job is a student and my second is a TA.
Excellent work/life culture.Great people to work with!
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton,OhioJanuary 29, 2014
Learned a lot about optical designing,Optical alignment.Co-workers were very helpful and nice to work with.The hardest part was alignment and enjoyable too at the same time.
IT Assistant
IT Assistant (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: on campus
Cons: tiresome questions
Work as a lab monitor. Assist students and faculty with technology in classrooms and labs.
Fun
Office of the President - Intern (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: na
great work environment. Meet a lot of students and are able to get involved with camus life
A great learning institution with numerous opportunities to get involved with undergraduate research
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 8, 2013
Pros: knowledgeable professors, and friendly staff
Cons: challenging to balance student life with research experience
A typical day involved balancing my class schedule along with committing a few hours of the day to work on my undergraduate research thesis. I learned analytical chemical techniques as well as how to write detailed scientific reports. The most challenging part of my job was learning to balance my studies along with my research responsibilities, but – more... the most enjoyable part of the experience was working with a professor who was very knowledgeable, and friendly yo get along with. – less
An upcoming project working with Johnson Electric
Senior Capstone Project (Current Employee), Vandalia, OHOctober 6, 2013
Acting as a consulting group for my senior capstone project for Johnson Electric regarding the opportunity of a milk run to suppliers within 250 miles and Chicago, IL.
Temporary position with an agency. A positive temporary work experience.
Temp Operations Secretary (Former Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: assigned parking space.
Cons: 35 hour work week.
In April of 2013 OfficeTeam, an employment agency, sent me on an assignment to the University of Dayton. The assignment lasted one month. When the University of Dayton had a need in September 2013, for a clerical worker through the end of the fall term, once again they contacted OfficeTeam, and once again OfficeTeam placed me in the position. I was – more... highly recommend by the UD team that I had supported back in April.

The assignment that I have from September, through the end of the fall term is relatively light, in that not many clerical skills are needed. What is needed is a high level of willingness to engage students and parents, to maintain FERPA (privacy standards), and to be consistent with front desk policy at a residential hall.

This has been a great temporary assignment, filled with the opportunity to connect with students from all corners of the world. – less
Great Place to work and even better people to work for.
Strength and Conditioning Coordinator (Former Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 12, 2013
Pros: great environment
A typical consist of working out student athletes at various times of the day. I learned more about the difference and similarites that people have. The management was great and my co-workers even greater.There was nothing hard about the job. Seeing the smiles on the face of the athlets as they exit was the best part of the job.
Higher Education environment in transition and cultivating diversity
Director, Curriculum Materials Center (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 30, 2013
Pros: tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; retirement
Cons: fiscal challenges; some communication disconnect
Great opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Working with undergraduate students is rewarding and challenging.
Transitions are difficult.
Great University
Men's Basketball Manager (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMay 28, 2013
They took great care of us, and was a springboard to my career.
Great atmosphere and opportunities
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 24, 2013
Pros: students and campus
Cons: not enough opportunities for advancement
Working with the students was the highlight for me, helping them to navigate the college system and college life in general. The University supported the staff in achieving their CAP-OM certifications and always encouraged continuing education. Over my 17 years at UD, I made so very many friends who were also co-workers and was able to better assist – more... our majors and the faculty through these associations. The hardest part of the job, in recent years, was all the changing technologies, new Banner system, Cognos, new website system; however, it was just another opportunity to work with fellow colleagues to answer questions and lean the systems quicker - we all worked together sharing emails with tips/tricks each would discover. – less
• Grade assignment solutions involving problems from Engineering Mathematics
Grader (Former Employee), dayton,ohMarch 21, 2013
• Responsibilities include providing solutions to the problems in the course work
• Guided students in clarifying the queries pertaining to the problems in the course work
• Grade assignment solutions involving problems from Engineering Mathematics
Grader (Former Employee), dayton,ohMarch 18, 2013
Law Library is a great place to work
Student Supervisor (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 8, 2013
Great bosses and a fun environment. Plus the chance to look at 200 year old case books.
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 19, 2013
• Responsible for overseeing the mental, physical, and social wellbeing of residents
• Responsible for organizing and implementing social, developmental, and educational programs in order to build community
• Serve as a liaison between the university and the student body
Physiology lab, 3 people worked each week.
Laboratory Preparation Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 18, 2013
• Every day at work we were either setting up or tearing town a physiology lab that was the lesson that week. We would test and run the programs and equipment on each computer to make sure it was running correctly.
• I learned more about physiology and ways to test it for empirical data.

About University of Dayton

More than 10,000 students make the University of Dayton one of the nation's largest Catholic universities and the largest private – Read more

University of Dayton Photos