University of Dayton

University of Dayton Employer Reviews

University of Dayton
Dublin Campus Coordinator (Current Employee), Dublin, OHDecember 31, 2014
Pros: excellent department/coworkers
Cons: part time position
I currently manage the Dublin Satellite campus for the University of Dayton, Department of Counselor Education and Human Services. I support students and faculty on multiple levels.

I currently am building new events and programs to build a small campus community feel. I am a member of the Dublin Chamber of Commerce.

I support faculty by being the key contact for the campus (facilities, IT support, programming, event planning, student needs). I produce a weekly newsletter for the department along with providing campus information directly to students.

I am CPR certified, and am responsible for the safety of the facility.
Convenient job to balance with school work
Tutor by Appointment (Current Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 10, 2014
I am in charge of my own work schedule. I tutor student-athletes in calculus. It is a nice way to review the basics for my harder classes while helping others understand calculus. Unfortunately, even when I make myself available on most days in the week, I do not have many people signing up. I think it is because the student-athletes would typically rather go to walk-in tutoring than make an appointment for one-on-one tutoring.
Great Place to work
Calculus Tutor (Former Employee), Dayton, OHOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: short hours, bad pay
Very fun place to work with great people. Managers are fantastic.
Teaching at a University - The Most Rewarding Experience
Part Time Faculty (Former Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: the look on a student's face when he/she understands a new concept
Cons: teaching is not the way to get rich
Teaching at the University of Dayton was one of the most rewarding experiences of my professional life. I enjoyed all aspects of being a professor, from planning classes to lecturing to working individually with the students.
Love meeting new students everyear.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great customers and wonderful co-workers
Cons: getting out at two in the morning
While working at the University of Dayton, I really enjoyed the new students and watching them grow and mature. Also training and working with the student workers and co-workers. But the only complaint is that the upper management didn't show professionalism as they should have. The hardest part of the job was having to work the night shift and missing out on family activities and getting out at one or two in the morning.
enjoyable.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 2, 2014
Required to assist in research works and taking courses at the same time. Learned a lot. Challenging research projects.
Good place to work, flexible and friendly to those with families
Academic Success Specialist (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 16, 2014
Good place to work, although sometimes overwork people; hard to justify not promoting people who clearly exceed job expectations. Overall a good place to work.
Great Learning Experience
Organic Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 12, 2014
Working at the University while attending was a good experience for many reasons but also had some drawbacks. Obviously the main drawback was that the pay was minimum wage and the worst part was that it gave an hourly restriction per week. I did learn a lot though while working there because I was taught how to teach others which is really an invaluable experience. I have always been a great learner but never realized what it is like to teach other people who are not as quick. This job taught me patience and understanding which I will use throughout my life.
Great Catholic College
MATLAB Software Help Desk (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 6, 2014
Good engineering program, great all-around values. Students taught to think (for themselves). Professors emphasized how critical it was to evaluate the answer, so it was never a plug and chug format. Excellent class sizes where you get to know everyone.
Enjoyable place to work
Graduate student (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJune 30, 2014
Helped a lot in my career
Mostly academic work
Learned a lot of stuffs
Overall not a good place to work
Adjunct instructor of Statistics (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMay 17, 2014
Poor pay and very stingy with benefits. UD admits a very large number of Middle Eastern students. First they get full tuition fromthem(since students are on scholarships from oil rich countries), second for the foreign graduate students, they don't have to pay grad students nor give them tuition remission. Instead they hire bunches of cheap adjuncts (for less than a grad student) give them no benefits (can't even use gym or take courses w/o having to pay ridiculous fees)
A good place to live and study
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 23, 2014
I studied in UD for two years.
I earned 24 credits in the first year and was a TA for the second year. UD located in that quiet city and is a good place to do academical research.
A great graduate program
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 18, 2014
Lots of lab time. Excellent research advisor. Fun labs to teach
Great University
Engineering Innovations Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 12, 2014
UD is a wonderful university. The staff our very understanding of stress students are under and are constantly available for help. Furthermore, professors I have worked with give clear direction and understand that my first job is a student and my second is a TA.
Excellent work/life culture.Great people to work with!
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton,OhioJanuary 29, 2014
Learned a lot about optical designing,Optical alignment.Co-workers were very helpful and nice to work with.The hardest part was alignment and enjoyable too at the same time.
IT Assistant
IT Assistant (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: on campus
Cons: tiresome questions
Work as a lab monitor. Assist students and faculty with technology in classrooms and labs.
Fun
Office of the President - Intern (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: na
great work environment. Meet a lot of students and are able to get involved with camus life
A great learning institution with numerous opportunities to get involved with undergraduate research
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 8, 2013
Pros: knowledgeable professors, and friendly staff
Cons: challenging to balance student life with research experience
A typical day involved balancing my class schedule along with committing a few hours of the day to work on my undergraduate research thesis. I learned analytical chemical techniques as well as how to write detailed scientific reports. The most challenging part of my job was learning to balance my studies along with my research responsibilities, but the most enjoyable part of the experience was working with a professor who was very knowledgeable, and friendly yo get along with.
An upcoming project working with Johnson Electric
Senior Capstone Project (Current Employee), Vandalia, OHOctober 6, 2013
Acting as a consulting group for my senior capstone project for Johnson Electric regarding the opportunity of a milk run to suppliers within 250 miles and Chicago, IL.
Temporary position with an agency. A positive temporary work experience.
Temp Operations Secretary (Former Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: assigned parking space.
Cons: 35 hour work week.
In April of 2013 OfficeTeam, an employment agency, sent me on an assignment to the University of Dayton. The assignment lasted one month. When the University of Dayton had a need in September 2013, for a clerical worker through the end of the fall term, once again they contacted OfficeTeam, and once again OfficeTeam placed me in the position. I was highly recommend by the UD team that I had supported back in April.

The assignment that I have from September, through the end of the fall term is relatively light, in that not many clerical skills are needed. What is needed is a high level of willingness to engage students and parents, to maintain FERPA (privacy standards), and to be consistent with front desk policy at a residential hall.

This has been a great temporary assignment, filled with the opportunity to connect with students from all corners of the world.

About University of Dayton

More than 10,000 students make the University of Dayton one of the nation's largest Catholic universities and the largest private – Read more

University of Dayton Photos