University of Dayton Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 20, 2016
As a full time student in Master of Computer Science. I like University of Dayton very much! Nice place and very kine people. Worked very happy.
Productive workplace with exceptional benefits
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 10, 2016
My experience has been a positive and fun experience. The working environment is enjoyable and the many benefits and advancement opportunities are endless.
Pros
Free lunch, tuition remission for family, health care benefits
Cons
Some positions are only nine months
Unforgettable Experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 5, 2016
I learned how to communicate with undergraduate student and I improved my teaching skills a lot. Very unforgettable experience!
I enjoyed being an orientation leader. It taught me a lot about leadership.
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 14, 2016
For a week, I spent time preparing for orientation week.
I spent time learning about all the resources the University provides for the students. We also had to keep track of all the mandatory events the first year students were expected to attend.
Then during orientation week I was expected to guide the first year students through orientation week, enforce University behavior policies, and provide them with advice in their first year as a college student.
The hardest and most enjoyable part was being put into a situation where I had to be a leader to those who were a year younger or the same age as me. It helped me build my leadership skills and helped me to become more comfortable in that type of position.
Great young work environment
Office of Admissions Telecounselor (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 10, 2016
A typical day is answering phone calls from future parents and students that have questions.

I have learned how to be patient and interact with people of all ages.

The management was great, my boss was a graduate still in his 20s, which made for a great environment.

My co-workers were all students around my age so it was easy to get along.

The hardest part of my job was learning all of the facts about the University so I could answer questions.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the flexibility and the great people I worked around.
Environment which promotes learning
Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Department of Art and DesignMarch 1, 2016
My job in the photo and design department has helped me teach students in usage of equipment and darkroom skills. My small amount of power here has given me the chance to educate my peers while also becoming more confident in my own abilities. The facilities promote community learning and efficiency in professional quality equipment.
Enjoyable Experience
Guest Check-In Attendant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 20, 2016
Great on campus student position for part-time or full-time with not too much of a time commitment and great pay. Also great co-workers and grad assistant supervisor.
A good place to work with excellent benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 8, 2016
35-hour full-time week - 8:30 am-4:30 pm. Educational benefits for employee and family. Learned a lot about academia. Family/community atmosphere. Students are wonderful to work with. The university's foundation in the Catholic Marianist order is something I value greatly although I am not Catholic. Very inclusive of other faiths or no faith. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the students.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Advancement is limited and salary is not very competitive
Great workplace with lots of access to full-time staff help as well as peer help.
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  University of Dayton, OHNovember 30, 2015
A great place to work on campus in order to get involved. With the knowledge of whats going on around campus, this knowledge makes it so much easier to get involved elsewhere in the University.
working with professor
Teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 17, 2015
Its a good experience and applying myself in everything as a complete mechanical engineer. have a good management system.
internship
Abolition Ohio Intern (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 15, 2015
I learned a great deal from the co-founder of Abolition Ohio about the modern slavery industry. It was rewarding to help work on the school curriculum in hopes that this subject will be taught in our schools in order to bring awareness to our young people.
Working in College Athletics
Men's Basketball Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayon, OhioOctober 7, 2015
My day to day responsibilities are to do film editing, everyday tasks the coaching staff might need and going to every practice to make sure the run smoothly. I set up and tear down the practice facility as well as make sure we have all the equipment needed for road trips. The job calls for great time management, organization and multi-tasking skills so that the tasks are completed on time and in a way for the program to be successful.
productive and fun experience
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 25, 2015
Its really good working in University Of Dayton
I have been graduated from this university.As a part time I worked as Frontdesk Receptionist.
Ecological Technician (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 12, 2015
My experience with the University of Dayton was great, amazing people and connections to make here. Great location as well.
Great school and teachers
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 7, 2015
The professors were great and helpful. The school is a great place to learn and grow as an individual. I loved my time there as a students and an employee
Excellent work / life balance
Low Incidence Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 8, 2015
Outstanding work; mission, focus. Small staff. Great location. The work is grant and research focused. So chasing dollars is part of the job which adds stress.
A wonderful place to work while getting your degree
SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 27, 2015
This is a great place to work while obtaining your degree or putting your children through college. Unfortunately, that's where it stops. The non-academic employees are not valued and there is little opportunity for professional growth or movement. The mantra seems to be "That's how we've always done it, and the is no reason to change things".
Pros
Tuition Remission
Cons
Little to no opportunity for professional growth or advancement
Pretty good.
Graduate Student Assistant Researcher (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 26, 2015
Overall, great place to work. The hours are decent, the supervisors don't give more than you can handle, and I was definitely pushed to develop my chemical, analytical, presentation, and speaking skills further than I have in previous jobs.
Great
Lacrosse Statistician (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 25, 2015
Working for the Dayton Lacrosse club has been a wonderful experience. Everyone is very nice and wonderful to work with.
Pros
Free travel
Fun and flexible job for being in college
Student Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OhioMay 21, 2015
A typical day was fulfilling work orders and furniture replacements when furniture was available. All in all management was fantastic and the overall work environment was busy at times but for the most part very laid back. I learned a lot and the most important lesson I learned on the job was how to lead and follow as a member of a team ranging from 3-12 people. The hardest part of the job was not becoming frustrated when a particular job was overtly tedious or unnecessary.
Pros
Very flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits and limited hours

4.4