University of Dayton Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Service Center Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 1, 2017
I learned many skills from working at the Help desk. The people are friendly and fun. Hardest part was the long hours. UD is a good place to work at :)
Good Place to Work
Cashier/Catering (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 26, 2017
Typical day is you come in, do your hours, you leave. Union based for full time workers. Benefits are great. Especially if you wanna take classes or have kids that wanna go to school.
Pros
full time worker can go to school for free and their kids
Cons
Can be a bit petty at times
Worked remotely
Cleveland Area Outreach Coordinator SOE (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 17, 2017
The University of Dayton is a fine institution. I am an alumni and had such a wonderful experience there that I worked in Cleveland as an outreach coordinator for UD.
Dorms = Great Job
Desk Assistan (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 8, 2017
Apply for Res life! It was great, and so relaxed, homework was easily completed on the job without harming your duties or upsetting anyone. I highly recommend.
Senior Design
Senior Design (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 6, 2017
Senior design project was unpaid by the university. However, we were given a substantial budget to work on our project which was nice since our project was rather expensive.
Good people to work with
Cook (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 2, 2017
Always busy and very fast paced. The clientele was very pleasant sweet students from all over the world. Great benefits and upper management was awesome to work for.
Pros
Free meal, Union position, free tuition
UD Experience
Student Research Opportunity (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 25, 2017
As a mechanical engineering student with a concentration in aerospace I was challenged to work hard in every situation. While a student I had the opportunity to work as a engineering coop at FERCO Aerospace and Emerson Climate Technologies. I also had research opportunities while I was a student.
Competitive and fun working here.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 15, 2017
Love working at UD!! Learnt a lot here. It was a great experience. The typical day at work is to cover the job overtime but its fun being there learning new things on software's and website developments. The hardest part of the job is to handle both studies and project submissions simultaneously but was not very stressful. The most enjoyable part being making me smart enough in using various technologies and operating them with ease.
pleasant place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Engineering Technology DepartmentSeptember 9, 2017
It was fun to work in a college environment. The people in the department I worked in were friendly and helpful. It was a pleasant administrative assistant experience.
good education schools
Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 30, 2017
The University of Dayton (UD) is an American private Roman Catholic national research university in Ohio's sixth-largest city, Dayton. Founded in 1850 by the Society of Mary (Marianists), it is one of three Marianist universities in the nation and the largest private university in Ohio.
Student Work which allowed balance
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 16, 2017
This work allowed students to do jobs that were flexible to work around and sometimes offered time, during, to do course work. The pay was raised upon late hours and weekend hours.
Allows for many education opportunities.
Graduate Assistant for the Psychology Department (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 29, 2017
Had some trouble with my graduate advisor, but the campus as a whole was nice. There were ample resources & a friendly environment to study in. Good religious affiliation too.
Like a Family
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 15, 2017
Working for the University of Dayton was an overall fulfilling experience. The environment was constructive and beneficial to my growth as a person. I felt that everyone who worked there a difference individually.
Best place for student employement
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 6, 2017
Worked as a Research Assistant for an year, learnt so much from my professors. Would always motivate me and was helpful in finishing my research on time.
Best Place to work
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 23, 2017
Enjoyed and grown as an individual at work.Gained good knowledge in technical environment, that enhanced my knowledge and skills and allowed me to use my knowledge, skills and experience for personal and professional growth.
perfect place to study and work
Research Assistant, School of Engineering (Current Employee) –  School of EngineeringMay 20, 2017
motivational environment
Conducted studies and reports on techniques of mobile calling, sending a call, receiving a call and the digital process involved. Technical Presentations on Mobile communication design.
relaxed work environment
Early Childhood Resource Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 19, 2017
Teaching at UD was the highlight of my week. The most enjoyable part of the job was the topics discussed in class. These sessions were vigorous and mind stimulating. The students respected the curriculum and worked hard to achieve a good grade.
The hardest part of the job was parking.

I learned that syllabus have to be adjusted to advance the student's learning. Many talented people wanting to be there learning and contributing to the discussions.
Pros
relaxed work environment
Cons
limited far away parking spaces
Fun and inviting workplace with great staff.
Lead Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 22, 2017
I would grade papers for a freshman class of education majors. I would work closely with other peer advisors to plan presentations and activities for the class. The professor I worked with was very supportive of me and work I did for her class.
Great people and great intitution
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 16, 2017
Flexible environment around people who care about the common good. Overall all workers love the Dayton community. Students are great and respect the administrators.
Great University
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 27, 2017
Great staff to work with in the housing department. I worked there for a long time and was given more responsibility the longer I stayed. Go Flyers!!!