University of Dayton Employee Reviews

Great school and teachers
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 7, 2015
The professors were great and helpful. The school is a great place to learn and grow as an individual. I loved my time there as a students and an employee
Excellent work / life balance
Low Incidence Coordinator (Current Employee), Dublin, OHJuly 8, 2015
Outstanding work; mission, focus. Small staff. Great location. The work is grant and research focused. So chasing dollars is part of the job which adds stress.
A wonderful place to work while getting your degree
SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMay 27, 2015
Pros: Tuition Remission
Cons: Little to no opportunity for professional growth or advancement
This is a great place to work while obtaining your degree or putting your children through college. Unfortunately, that's where it stops. The non-academic employees are not valued and there is little opportunity for professional growth or movement. The mantra seems to be "That's how we've always done it, and the is no reason to change things".
Pretty good.
Graduate Student Assistant Researcher (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMay 26, 2015
Overall, great place to work. The hours are decent, the supervisors don't give more than you can handle, and I was definitely pushed to develop my chemical, analytical, presentation, and speaking skills further than I have in previous jobs.
Great
Lacrosse Statistician (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMay 25, 2015
Pros: Free travel
Working for the Dayton Lacrosse club has been a wonderful experience. Everyone is very nice and wonderful to work with.
Fun and flexible job for being in college
Student Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Dayton, OhioMay 21, 2015
Pros: Very flexible schedule
Cons: No benefits and limited hours
A typical day was fulfilling work orders and furniture replacements when furniture was available. All in all management was fantastic and the overall work environment was busy at times but for the most – more... part very laid back. I learned a lot and the most important lesson I learned on the job was how to lead and follow as a member of a team ranging from 3-12 people. The hardest part of the job was not becoming frustrated when a particular job was overtly tedious or unnecessary. – less
Creative and Fun Environment for Learning
Teacher Assistant/ Tutor (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 19, 2015
A great environment fro communicating and getting to know people who have diverse, great, motivating, and creative ideas, in order to make the life much easier and safer.
Nice school to teach in.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Dayton, OHApril 11, 2015
Students are not much enthusiastic. The ones with knowledge never try to learn more and the moderate ones do not try to keep up.
Great Place to seek faith!
World Associate at ISSS (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 9, 2015
My co-workers are very nice and kind. I love working at this University. The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet people from diverse backgrounds, which helped me reflect on my faith seeking.
I was looking for a permanent position with UD, but that did not happen
Adjunct Chemistry Faculty (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 24, 2015
Universities are short on funding so they are managing with adjunct positions throught which they dont provide any benefits. Basic benefits are a must and should be provided.
Enjoyable & productive place to work prior to hiring of new administration
ESL Instructor (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: work environment
Cons: lack of training on computer system
The work culture was friendly, supportive and team-driven. There was open and clear communication among staff and adjuncts/instructors. Creativity in lessons was encouraged, celebrated and appreciated.

The work environment was compromised after hiring of new staff member. Several instructors transitioned to different institutions.
UD Law Students Only
Student Internship (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 16, 2015
If you would like to persuade younger kids to be just like you some day then this is the job for you. High schoolers are fascinated with the knowledge that law students have and we really think you guys are really cool and smart. Its a small stipend, but hey you'll have a great time teaching kids how to litigate properly, speak well, and present a argument.
University of Dayton
Dublin Campus Coordinator (Current Employee), Dublin, OHDecember 31, 2014
Pros: excellent department/coworkers
Cons: part time position
I currently manage the Dublin Satellite campus for the University of Dayton, Department of Counselor Education and Human Services. I support students and faculty on multiple levels.

I currently am building – more... new events and programs to build a small campus community feel. I am a member of the Dublin Chamber of Commerce.

I support faculty by being the key contact for the campus (facilities, IT support, programming, event planning, student needs). I produce a weekly newsletter for the department along with providing campus information directly to students.

I am CPR certified, and am responsible for the safety of the facility. – less
Convenient job to balance with school work
Tutor by Appointment (Current Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 10, 2014
I am in charge of my own work schedule. I tutor student-athletes in calculus. It is a nice way to review the basics for my harder classes while helping others understand calculus. Unfortunately, even when – more... I make myself available on most days in the week, I do not have many people signing up. I think it is because the student-athletes would typically rather go to walk-in tutoring than make an appointment for one-on-one tutoring. – less
Great Place to work
Calculus Tutor (Former Employee), Dayton, OHOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: short hours, bad pay
Very fun place to work with great people. Managers are fantastic.
Teaching at a University - The Most Rewarding Experience
Part Time Faculty (Former Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: the look on a student's face when he/she understands a new concept
Cons: teaching is not the way to get rich
Teaching at the University of Dayton was one of the most rewarding experiences of my professional life. I enjoyed all aspects of being a professor, from planning classes to lecturing to working individually with the students.
Love meeting new students everyear.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great customers and wonderful co-workers
Cons: getting out at two in the morning
While working at the University of Dayton, I really enjoyed the new students and watching them grow and mature. Also training and working with the student workers and co-workers. But the only complaint – more... is that the upper management didn't show professionalism as they should have. The hardest part of the job was having to work the night shift and missing out on family activities and getting out at one or two in the morning. – less
enjoyable.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 2, 2014
Required to assist in research works and taking courses at the same time. Learned a lot. Challenging research projects.
Good place to work, flexible and friendly to those with families
Academic Success Specialist (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 16, 2014
Good place to work, although sometimes overwork people; hard to justify not promoting people who clearly exceed job expectations. Overall a good place to work.
Great Learning Experience
Organic Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 12, 2014
Working at the University while attending was a good experience for many reasons but also had some drawbacks. Obviously the main drawback was that the pay was minimum wage and the worst part was that it – more... gave an hourly restriction per week. I did learn a lot though while working there because I was taught how to teach others which is really an invaluable experience. I have always been a great learner but never realized what it is like to teach other people who are not as quick. This job taught me patience and understanding which I will use throughout my life. – less